• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT15| anime only please

fr0st

Banned
charm_blush.gif
ball 500 points minigame

750 again

I don't ever think I've gotten above 750.

I'd love to see the code for it and see how rigged it actually is...

It's rigged and the animation is just for show. They roll the die as soon as you hit the button. Notice in my video how i get the points as soon as i press the button. I don't think timing has anything to do with it.

Hylian7

It's rigged and the animation is just for show. They roll the die as soon as you hit the button. Notice in my video how i get the points as soon as i press the button. I don't think timing has anything to do with it.
It goes through the fucking pegs so often, it's rigged af.

It goes through the fucking pegs so often, it's rigged af.

I was hoping to reproduce the roll i got when it bounced downwards after hitting the first one and disappeared off-screen for about 15 seconds before it suddenly came rushing up towards the 500 with phase boots on.

Gottamn, that diagonal seeking missile. . .

There's always someone that has it worse
DH80hv2U0AApg2g.jpg:large

charm_facepalm.gif

I can't even...

Edit: I'd take my TI winnings in Steam credit!

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Gottamn, that diagonal seeking missile. . .

There's always someone that has it worse
DH80hv2U0AApg2g.jpg:large

charm_facepalm.gif

Apparently its because the person has it setup to only get 1% of the payout [Finalists got $500]. The other 99% is ether going to other people, or different accounts owned by the same person.

Hylian7

Anyone know why my Steam display name keeps reverting even though I change it back? I had it as "HylianSeven @ TI7" while I was at TI, and I have changed it multiple times back to just "HylianSeven", and it keeps going back to "HylianSeven @ TI7".

DOTA 2 made PC Gamers list of 100 Best PC Games to Play at number 54. Here was their excerpt;

Chris Thursten: There are a lot of games that are superficially like Dota 2, but there’s only one game that actually is Dota 2. This is competitive Calvinball, macroeconomics with wizards, a game of high-stakes five-a-side with more rules than one person can ever know. What this complexity amounts to is a vibrant language shared by everybody who loves this mad game. Shame about all the angry internet men.

I love the idea of DOTA 2 being akin to Competitive Calvinball lol.

Yazzees

love how there's absolutely nothing about the nature of the g-man in there because of course

then again he's probably one of those things where the mystery itself is the appeal, and any explanation no matter how well-written wouldn't stack up

traveler

Not Wario
Half-Life :'(

It was nice to have closure, but really sad to think about what could have been.

I had no clue what you were talking about and I panicked over to the gaming forum.

I thought I had already accepted it'd never come, but clearly I hadn't. This sucks. This really sucks. Literally the worst gaming related news I think I've ever heard. What the fuck Valve.

Artifact is going to make way more $ than some story fps

It's going to make somebody money.

I honestly wonder sometimes if Valve does profit sharing with their employees for the game they are working on.

Only way I could wrap my head around them making a card game in a market that's already over saturated.

Profit sharing would also explain why they have been tightening the purse strings on the cosmetic makers and a few other things.

shira

It's going to make somebody money.

I honestly wonder sometimes if Valve does profit sharing with their employees for the game they are working on.

Only way I could wrap my head around them making a card game in a market that's already over saturated.

Profit sharing would also explain why they have been tightening the purse strings on the cosmetic makers and a few other things.
Apparently, it's incentive related bonuses.

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/187296/How_Valve_hires_how_it_fires_and_how_much_it_pays.php
"In companies like Microsoft or elsewhere, usually the bonus is something between 8, 15, 20 percent of the basic salary. In Valve, I'm told, there's no upper limit to bonuses. Bonuses can end up being 5, 6, 10 times the level of the basic wage."

I can't even imagine what IceFrog makes

Top Bottom