• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

dr. wily prepares for mega man 11: a warioware d.i.y. mini game story

oracrest

I sort of feel like an idiot, but I can't find where my friend code is :/

I don't think I have ever figured it out since getting my DSi. Where can I find my friend code?

Wow, I haven't made anything in a while but those games are absolutely stunning! :D

I'd love to get my hands on these!

My FC is 2450 7099 9220

Also if you have Showcase, my Wii FC is 8305 6414 9274 6128

jarosh

i will add all of you guys tomorrow. i don't know exactly how it works either tbh, but i will report back once i've put in all the codes and have actually gotten my ds online. i might have to give you guys my friend code as well, i suppose. we'll see...

randomkid

jarosh said:
i will add all of you guys tomorrow. i don't know exactly how it works either tbh, but i will report back once i've put in all the codes and have actually gotten my ds online. i might have to give you guys my friend code as well, i suppose. we'll see...

Yeah here's the thing, you're gonna have to provide your friend code for everyone (might as well do it now) and then wait for them to add you and get synchronized, which takes a day or so if past threads are any indication.

But the big thing is that because you have eight or nine games to share and you can only (stupidly) put up two games at a time, it's going to require some sort of longer time commitment on your end to promise to post the new games up on consecutive days or something. This sounds like it might a hassle for you if you don't usually go online with your DS.

jarosh

randomkid said:
Yeah here's the thing, you're gonna have to provide your friend code for everyone (might as well do it now) and then wait for them to add you and get synchronized, which takes a day or so if past threads are any indication.

But the big thing is that because you have eight or nine games to share and you can only (stupidly) put up two games at a time, it's going to require some sort of longer time commitment on your end to promise to post the new games up on consecutive days or something. This sounds like it might a hassle for you if you don't usually go online with your DS.
oh fuck? seriously? only two at a time? that sucks. the thing is: i simply CAN'T get online with my ds unless i change my router's security settings... which means cutting off the main computer on the network that i NEED online (it connects with a device that simply doesn't support wep). i can't really afford to stay offline with it for a whole day...

randomkid

jarosh said:
oh fuck? seriously? only two at a time? that sucks. the thing is: i simply CAN'T get online with my ds unless i change my router's security settings... which means cutting off the main computer on the network that i NEED online (it connects with a device that simply doesn't support wep). i can't really afford to stay offline with it for a whole day...

Well you don't actually have to be online the whole day, all you have to do is go online each time, put the games up, then go offline again when you need to. People can still download the games if you're offline. As long as you don't mind changing your router settings each time you decide to go online to put new games up, you should be fine.

The other option is to send the games directly to people through Showcase on the Wii, assuming you and other folks have it.

jarosh

sorry to bump this again without any results. worse yet, i have some bad news: no mini games will be uploaded tonight, no friend codes added. my internet is out. has been for most of the weekend actually... so i can't go online with my ds either. i'm posting from my iphone. a technician will be here tomorrow. so hopefully i can try again tomorrow night.

Those are absolutely amazing. I need to get back into this game and work on some of my own. Sadly I've probably forgotten how to use it and will need to go through those long tutorials.

jarosh

added everyone. i suppose i have to give you guys my friend code now... if only i could find it! where the hell is it? i can't find it anywhere!

it's only 2 games at a time btw (i uploaded the shop one and the fuel one). i'll upload 2 new ones in a couple of days and i will make a post here to let you guys know. i can add more people too. just post your friend code.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
This is really cool work, though I don't have a DSi/copy of the game, I can only appreciate as far as the screenshots... but I love the idea behind the "select items from Mega Man only" minigame, cool Slime cameo!

jarosh

ah yes, here's my friend code:

3911 2612 8120

i hope that's enough for you guys to download the two games i put in the crate. lemme know if it works!

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Awesome. It starts neat but I lost it at Wily himself testing the boss doors by jumping.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
jarosh said:
yes it is! ;)

awesome, thanks!
Hopefully it gets a lot of upvotes on Reddit and makes it to the front page. I've also emailed a couple of my journalist friends to see if they wanted to make a blog post out of it.

I really think it's rad, so I want to spread it around!

jarosh

ok it seems like people aren't actually able to download my mini games just yet. looks like i might have to log on again first and confirm everyone as my friend or do something with my crate or whatever. nintendo certainly made sure that no one would actually ever wanna bother using any of the online sharing features. what a pain in the butt.

i won't be able to go online with my ds until tomorrow at noon again (13 hours from now). so everyone who wants the mini games add my friend code NOW or at least before i go online tomorrow. i'm also gonna add new people if there's any more requests. you can still post your friend code here if you want.

my friend code again: 3911 2612 8120

JesseZao

I loved the thread we had going for DIY when it came out. This is some awesome work and truly shows how powerful/genius the game is. The logic is really the only thing holding it back from being a complete visual programming platform.

Great job Jarosh.

Whimsical Phil

Ninja School will help you
Mission accomplished!

I was able to download the first two games (shopping and refueling) this morning.

Thanks a ton for sharing these, jarosh. They're really fun microgames, and the amount of detail that you put into them is astounding.

jarosh

Whimsical Phil said:
Mission accomplished!

I was able to download the first two games (shopping and refueling) this morning.

Thanks a ton for sharing these, jarosh. They're really fun microgames, and the amount of detail that you put into them is astounding.
yes, i noticed that the icon next to your friend code changed when i logged on today. but almost everyone else has yet to add my friend code it seems. i will log on again tomorrow and see if anything has changed.

Whimsical Phil

Ninja School will help you
jarosh said:
yes, i noticed that the icon next to your friend code changed when i logged on today. but almost everyone else has yet to add my friend code it seems. i will log on again tomorrow and see if anything has changed.
Apparently I'm the only one who really cares.

Hopefully more people actually follow up and grab these games. I'm also impressed that they provide a decent challenge--something that most microgames don't.

jarosh

yeah, i consciously tried to make them a bit more challenging than the usual throwaway mini games. that's why i always included some sort of random factor as well.

i will upload two new mini games tonight or tomorrow at noon then. just for you i guess :p i will also upload the longer version of the cut man theme to my music crate, just because.

Teppic

These are great!

I really want to download them, but I don't have the game. Can I download it to the Wii version and then copy it to the DS version later?

Pietepiet

Very, very nice. Will have to find my friendscode later to download these.

You have a natural talent for pixel-art, by the way. Some of these are really nice. Great job :)

jarosh

Pietepiet said:
Very, very nice. Will have to find my friendscode later to download these.

You have a natural talent for pixel-art, by the way. Some of these are really nice. Great job :)
thanks! i really enjoy doing pixel art. could see myself doing more in the future.

i can only share two games at a time sadly. and i will replace the current ones (shop and fuel) with two new ones tomorrow. if you add me right away and post your friend code asap you might be able to get the first two still...

Pietepiet

jarosh said:
thanks! i really enjoy doing pixel art. could see myself doing more in the future.

i can only share two games at a time sadly. and i will replace the current ones (shop and fuel) with two new ones tomorrow. if you add me right away and post your friend code asap you might be able to get the first two still...

Don't have the time right now, sadly, so I'll have to miss out on the first two.

Let me know if you want some tips and stuff on pixelart. It's my job, so I can help you out if you have questions about stuff or want feedback :)

oracrest

Whimsical Phil said:
Apparently I'm the only one who really cares.

Hopefully more people actually follow up and grab these games.

I think my friend status is still in limbo. There is a yellow "?" next to Jarosh's name. Is that what the icon looks like before both friends are connected?

jarosh

oracrest said:
I think my friend status is still in limbo. There is a yellow "?" next to Jarosh's name. Is that what the icon looks like before both friends are connected?
yeah, there was still a question mark next to your name yesterday. maybe you added my friend code AFTER i logged on about 36 hours ago?

oracrest

jarosh said:
yeah, there was still a question mark next to your name yesterday. maybe you added my friend code AFTER i logged on about 36 hours ago?

Yeah, that is probably the case. I added your code yesterday morning.

oracrest

Jarosh, have you logged in since that first time a few days ago? i am still showing your name with the yellow question mark. Although, it does allow me to get to your name under crates, rather than a communications error, but still says that you need to log in again.

Top Bottom