• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen PS4/XB1 |OT| They're master ports all, you can't go wrong

Some quick pics from the Pro version.

The in-game screen shot mode captures jpeg at 2560x1440 and the share button will capture the upscaled 3840x2160.

I only played the PS3 version and not the PC but this looks really clean.

36770946164_c05fb1b605_o.jpg

37432588896_36d1ae6b20_o.jpg

37449576472_f91fb10cb1_o.jpg

23628191078_90bc1f9a99_o.jpg

37480163091_c9aeac6fa8_o.jpg

usp84

In the beginning of the game and the first bandits are destroying me.

I can kill all but one of them who has a shield and helmet and my attacks do almost no damage.

I've changed pawns but nothing helps.

Meneses

Select it in your inventory, and choose "Use". When done, select "Put Away".

No, I know how to use the lantern.

What I mean is the hotkey function, you can assign one of the directions to an item, buy I don't know how to use them because pressing directions just gives orders to the pawns.

JayEH

In the beginning of the game and the first bandits are destroying me.

I can kill all but one of them who has a shield and helmet and my attacks do almost no damage.

I've changed pawns but nothing helps.

I just ran. Not worth it.

Pity one can't transfer ps3 saves to the ps4 system. I almost regret buying it for the ps3 a month ago but playing in guts' armor was worth it.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
im going to be in the character creator forever
That's OK, it's the best part of the game ;)

I see. What's the most OP vocation?
Depends for what. Magick Archer is the best overall class for BBI, but Ranger is arguably the best possible "nuke" when you combine 4x Conqueror Periapts + Tenfold Arrows + Explosive Arrows. You will stagger and melt even the hardest bosses (outside of the
online Ur-dragon
but that one is a weird exception).

I am not good with photo sharing, but here's my pawn on PS4 that I uploaded to OneDrive.

Pawn name: Kyaro (designed after my wife)
Vocation: Mage
Level: 31 at the moment
Inclination: Utilitarian (Primary), Medicant (Secondary), Challenger (Tertiary)

Image #1

Image #2

Image #3

Image #4

Oh nice, another red-haired female pawn. Never seen that one before. :p

Give the poor girl some proper pants, at least

tsundoku

Wait WHAT THE FUCK this comes out TODAY?
Amazon still taking five fucking days to ship me Dangan Ronpa (it arrives today or tomorrow) and saying Dragon's Dogma is coming on like 17-24th of October

what the fuck,.

I might as well cancel it at this fucking rate because every fucking pawn is going to cost an infinite amount of whatever the currency is

Amazon still taking five fucking days to ship me Dangan Ronpa (it arrives today or tomorrow) and saying Dragon's Dogma is coming on like 17-24th of October

what the fuck,.

I might as well cancel it at this fucking rate because every fucking pawn is going to cost an infinite amount of whatever the currency is

Go digital and dont look back!

MageBoySA

Ugh, Amazon decided to use USPS for the last part of shipping for my copy...and gave it to them at 10:32 this morning,... my mail is delivered at 10. Well, I had 3 different items in the shipment so at least I got a free month of Prime and a $5 credit. (I just got GCU so I don't have to put up with this for games any more. Amazon can have my business for other things, but I think they lost my game business entirely now.)

Unity2012

I missed the "edit some more," or something like that part of the customization when I created my character. I chose genre, name and built but missed all the details.

Is there anyway to modify our main character once we are in game?

The game looks good. I didn't think the black bars were a big deal but not having them is really cool.

You know a game's systems work well when you can go years without playing it and drop back in like no time has passed.

Will upload some pics in a couple days.

Currently off to Witchwood.

Also a tip for new players: if you save before a battle, and die, do NOT retry from last checkpoint. It'll potentially boot you back a long ways. Exit to title screen and reload to go right back to where you were.

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
I missed the "edit some more," or something like that part of the customization when I created my character. I chose genre, name and built but missed all the details.

The game looks good. I didn't think the black bars were a big deal but not having them is really cool.

There is a barber shop in the main city where you can change pretty much anything about your character but it'll cost some cash to do anything more than fix your hair/makeup

The in-game screen shot mode captures jpeg at 2560x1440 and the share button will capture the upscaled 3840x2160.

Wow looks so much better.

Played the 360 in 720p (right?)

Double the res helps!

Also: nice character

Laiza

You can buy an item called "Art of Metamorphosis" from the rift crystal vendor in the encampment by Cassardis, which will let you edit your character's details once (note: you buy the item and then the option will appear in the main menu, don't go hunting for it in your inventory like I did).

After that, in the post-game you can buy the item "Secret of Metamorphosis" from the same vendor, which does the same thing but an infinite number of times.

Also note that the price in RC is fairly high (I think 10,000?), so it can take a bit of grinding to get that amount unless you get lucky and someone summons your pawn and returns it.

Did I put hundreds of hours into the PS3 version without realising there's item hotkeys, or is that new? 'Cause being able to take out the latern and out it away without going into a menu each time is going to be a godsend.

Pro so , so worth it :D

Looks glorious ---Dragons Dogma still has one of the best lightning systems ever IMO

Picking this up tomorrow and playing for the first time.

Assassin class any good?

Yeah but it requires specific strats, equipment and skills. Easily melts bosses. Just look up some Assassin's strats; they nerfed some abilities though but it is still a strong class.

Currently for end game content at the DLC (amazing stuff all around and one of the best DLCs), magic is the best damage type. Magick Archer is insanely strong there especially with his ricochet ability in small hallways.

Will, finally got home and my Amazon copy was waiting in the mail for me. I'm going to try and use people's pawn to get some nice rc.

Edit: Awww I can't even start hard from the get go?

Apologies if this has been answered, I was just looking for a quick answer after reading only the first few posts:

Is there any game breaking class? Basically I want a beast character so I can slaughter my way through this game. Gonna start it tonight hopefully. Thanks

Apologies if this has been answered, I was just looking for a quick answer after reading only the first few posts:

Is there any game breaking class? Basically I want a beast character so I can slaughter my way through this game. Gonna start it tonight hopefully. Thanks
Not until you reach level 10. But Assassin and Magik Archer are really good.

I own this on PS3 and never played it, and still have my PS3 accessible, are there enough differences for the PS4 version to be worth buying?

jiggle

What is up with Amazon :/

Sorcerer
It's so powerful u wont even need to have the enemies on screen to kill them

blackjaw

what the fuck,.

I cancelled, seems they didn’t get much stock so even having preordered last week meant I wouldn’t get for a week or so...bought on PSN with no regrets

First time player here going in blind as hell. Started as a strider. I wanna run some assasin too but also wanna run magic archer lol. Seems complicated.

But the combat is so much fun. I'm having a blast.

HeeHo

I bought this today but I am trying to wrap Horizon up. I also have this on Steam but for some reason I can't get into playing my PC for too long. My game runs at 60 FPS for the most part on PC but it still dips to high 30s and mid 40s in the cities. If this is a solid locked 30, I'd be happy.

So I'm sure it's been clarified in this thread by now but yeah - this game is really challenging in the beginning. Play cautious, don't beat off the path until you get more comfortable with the combat system and have leveled up your team a bit.

But I must say, the challenge in the early parts of the game was a lot of fun. Taking a simple left in the branch in the roads to only get your ass kicked by a bunch of bandits and wolves was nice and refreshing, especially in this genre.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
First time player here going in blind as hell. Started as a strider. I wanna run some assasin too but also wanna run magic archer lol. Seems complicated.

Don't worry about that. When I played through the game, I went through and tried every vocation, maxing each and then moving to the next. You can switch vocations once you get to Gran Soren with no penalty (other than adjusting how your stat gains are distributed when you level up, and having to change around your equipment). Unless you're big on minmaxing, feel free to explore all your options.

Top Bottom