• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Age: Inquisition |OT| As the Blight fades, BioWare returns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kinthalis

Banned
Quick question about the keep.
Will it be available on the ps4, or can i go through it on the PC, and then import that world state to the ps4?

The keep is a web app. It's not nor will it be a separate console app.

Run through it on your PC. When logged into your PS4, as logn as it's linked ot the smae Origin/EA account, it will import fine.

Chaos17

have reviews not pointed this out? how are such high scores possible? there is no way I can play this game in tactical mode, its terribly bad.
right now, I am just playing on normal on action mode and switching to gamepad.

DA:I is the game I feared DA2 would be, a console action game.

Only 1.5 reviewers did by talking also about some bugs (for the ones I read). But people throwed at them tantrums because they gave the game an average score and other reviewers prefered claimed that game was flawless. I knew those reviews were too generous :p

Dinda

have reviews not pointed this out? how are such high scores possible? there is no way I can play this game in tactical mode, its terribly bad.
right now, I am just playing on normal on action mode and switching to gamepad.

DA:I is the game I feared DA2 would be, a console action game.

This German Review
http://www.4players.de/4players.php...est/32927/80791/0/Dragon_Age_Inquisition.html
pointed it out. Said you can barely zoom out and the PC Controls are overall pretty bad.

But most people said it is only a clickbait since it only got 59%

jesu

Anyone have/noticed black crush/gamma issues on the Xbox One version?

Yeah it is darker than usual, I had to put the brightness up a few notches.

Seems quite buggy as well, I've had one crash to dashboard and a few times when characters where moving funny, like floating over the ground.

I'll probably still buy it though.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
flyvpn doesnt seem to have any korean servers, what vpn are you guys using?

GavinUK86

2600k and SLI GTX660's can run it in Ultra if you don't mind locking it to 30fps. Perfectly steady apart from those cutscenes. They're even a bit chuggy on Low so I'm not sure what's causing it.

Ashe Nei

The state of the tactical cam on PC is utterly unfathomable and embarrassing from a developer that arguably FRIGGIN INVENTED the damn thing.

Consoles done fucked this mode up.

How do you go from BG2 and DA:O to this? What the hell happened?

QFT.

It's clunky as f**k to say the less.

Can't zoom out enough to oversee the battlefield. The camera tends to be rather jumpy when there are obstacles while panning the view, and the controls are...ugh.

Add to that, that you can't input more than one command nor select more than one character to issue basic actions (like move to x, basic attacks to y etc.), and the I.A-pathfinding leaves a lot to be desired...

I don't know how can anyone say with a straight face that you can play in tactical camera very well or even "like in those infinity-engine games".

It's a real shame cause the combat system is fun as hell and well thought-out...

Being mage (winter's tree of skill as primary, specialization-to-be Knight Enchanter) is a blast.

Chaos

The state of the tactical cam on PC is utterly unfathomable and embarrassing from a developer that arguably FRIGGIN INVENTED the damn thing.

Yeah its really poor with mouse/keyboard, I have switched to playing the game with 360 controller works a lot better.

MotherFan

QFT.

It's clunky as f**k to say the less.

Can't zoom out enough to oversee the battlefield. The camera tends to be rather jumpy when there are obstacles while panning the view, and the controls are...ugh.

Add to that, that you can't input more than one command nor select more than one character to issue basic actions (like move to x, basic attacks to y etc.), and the I.A-pathfinding leaves a lot to be desired...

I don't know how can anyone say with a straight face that you can play in tactical camera very well or even "like in those infinity-engine games".

It's a real shame cause the combat system is fun as hell and well thought-out...

Being mage (winter's tree of skill as primary, specialization-to-be Knight Enchanter) is a blast.

How are the controls bad?

Lady Gaia

Less than twelve hours until it unlocks, and I'm not quite ready. I have a day's work to attend to, and I only barely started Act 3 in DA2 last night! It seems like a tall order to wrap that up this evening before the 9pm West coast kickoff.

Great OT artwork and content to keep me focused on my task, though. Best of luck to everyone on their respective platforms. I can only imagine how slammed servers are going to be.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
so all the videos pretty much showed the same combat as dragon age 2, all the reviews mentioned it, and now people are shocked it plays like dragon age 2?

Yusaku

Played a bit on Xbone with the EA Access thing, but I'm buying on PC. I hate that the character creator has that horrible green lighting. I'm considering playing with friendly fire on, are AI controlled PC characters smart enough to avoid friendly AOE when this is turned on?

GavinUK86

I want to switch to Solas and/or Varric during combat and tell them to only target distant enemies and not the ones my guy is melee attacking but I can't seem to get them to do it. Anyone figure this out? Am I missing something obvious with the controls?

Moff

It's not brain surgery. You unlock the camera, you let me scroll with the mouse by moving to the edge of the screen or by holding and dragging the middle mouse button (should be remappable). You let me select more than one character at a time. You let me zoom out so that I can get a good look at the battlefield.

You DO NOT force to use WASD tied to what is obviously an analog move system emant for a gamepad.

You DO NOT prevent me from selecting more than one character - an obvious artificial limitation due to gamepads.

You DO NOT block the camera from moving as though i were a character!!!

The hell? Wasteland 2 has a better camera!

This is the PC's bread and butter, it should have bene designed with M&K in mind and THEN dumbed down for gamepads. NOT dumbed down for gamepads and THEN ported!

gah, at this point, I just hope someone will prove us wrong and tell us that the tactical mode is not a complete joke and somehow completely playable.

Can we turn off those icons on the wheel dialogue that basically tell you what kind of choice it is? I mean, reading what you will say should be enough to understand, I don't dig those icons.

Tovarisc

How are the controls bad?

• W & S move camera forwards and backwards
  • A & D rotate camera to left and right
  • Mousewheel or RMB to zoom, but zoom is not nearly enough. Very low ceiling.
  • LMB + RMB to "free move" view and action pointer, but you really need drag mouse around a lot
  • You can't move camera around as much as you want. It has X meter radius from selected character

Everything about tactical combat yells "Use with pad!" at me.

Edit:
Can we turn off those icons on the wheel dialogue that basically tell you what kind of choice it is? I mean, reading what you will say should be enough to understand, I don't dig those icons.

Yeah you can turn them off.

Only 1.5 reviewers did by talking also about some bugs (for the ones I read). But people throwed at them tantrums because they gave the game an average score and other reviewers prefered claimed that game was flawless. I knew those reviews were too generous :p

Plenty of reviews cited issues with the tactical camera. I believe Game Informer cited it as one of their negatives.

LX_Theo

Banned

The icons are just to make it clear what type of emotion will be said. If you really trust just the paraphrase to make it clear (I don't know why), I do believe they said there was options for that.

Comes out tomorrow and still torn on what class. I've been putting off deciding for a long time. Tempest Rogue sounds awesome, and I've been Rogue in the other 2 games. But Mages.. The spell effects just look so cool..

Chiggs

Gold Member
I really hate making posts like this, but....

Core i7 4790
16GB DDR3
OC'd R290x with 4GB DDR5

How's it looking performance-wise?

MotherFan

• W & S move camera forwards and backwards
  • A & D rotate camera to left and right
  • Mousewheel or RMB to zoom, but zoom is not nearly enough. Very low ceiling.
  • LMB + RMB to "free move" view and action pointer, but you really need drag mouse around a lot
  • You can't move camera around as much as you want. It has X meter radius from selected character

Everything about tactical combat yells "Use with pad!" at me.

Edit:

Yeah you can turn them off.

Can any of the buttons be remapped?

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
Running beautifully at 60fps in 1080p with most on Ultra and SSAO on a 7970 3GB - good times!

The cut scenes are the only time when it's a bit stuttery... but the combat is fluid no matter how many on screen it seems - anyone elses cut scenes a bit stuttery?

Yes you can.
Oh man, I've searched like 4 times on the options menus for this and didn't find it. The moment I read your post and went to the menus that was the first thing I found. Fucking weird.

Anyway, already having too much fun doing nothing tbh. Tactical cam isn't good, though, they need to patch it, tweak it a little bit.

The icons are just to make it clear what type of emotion will be said. If you really trust just the paraphrase to make it clear (I don't know why), I do believe they said there was options for that.

More fun that way, sometimes I like to be surprised. I know it's weird but I don't mind trying to choose an emotion and get another instead.

Aeana

Running beautifully at 60fps in 1080p with most on Ultra and SSAO on a 7970 3GB - good times!

The cut scenes are the only time when it's a bit stuttery... but the combat is fluid no matter how many on screen it seems - anyone elses cut scenes a bit stuttery?

The cutscenes are limited to 30 FPS, it's really stupid.

Rhaknar

Where? How?

you just open the control panel, go to 3d settings, check dragon age (or any game), scroll down to SLI and if its a black "Nvidia recomended (SLI)" option, its a official support

Sigfodr

Hey, so after reading Masked Empire I was kind of excited to see the purple sand in the desert. But so far everything we've seen of the Western Approach has been standard issue desert. Nitpicky, I know, but I'm wondering how many others noticed or were annoyed by this.

Verger

Banned
I was thinking of going with Qunari the first playthrough, but the god awful hair schemes are just throwing me off. I wish they'd focused on hair more than horns (I remember a comment on BioWare forums stating they focused more on horns).

Then again, it seems Hair across all races is just terrible. There was already a big feedback response to the known bad Qunari hair, but I imagine it will get even louder with it being bad overall in the game.

I would hope they will patch or add better Hair in the future. I think one Bioware dev stated they might look into more options post-release.

I mean shit, the DA2 Qunari had better hair than this and that game looked well "shit mountain"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom