• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Age: Inquisition |OT| As the Blight fades, BioWare returns

Status
Not open for further replies.
They should have taken combat system cues from Dragon's Dogma…

They should have taken combat system cues from Dragon Age: Origins...

Played a bit last night and started opening up some new areas post Skyhold since I figured I should probably do something with the 50+ Power I've been sitting on. Opened up Emprise du Lion and ran into
Ser Michel
and put the game down to finish The Masked Empire.

Blunoise

well beat the game yesterday! i am fairly happy with my results.
Romanced cassandra and had her become the Divine, dont know where our relationship will take after that but i believe that maybe answered in future DLC but I believe should would make a great divine and i'll love and miss her.

Felspawn

Oh fuck you game! Why do you give me choices this hard to make?!

Can someone tell me(Here lies the Abyss quest spoiler)
Does Hawke or Alistair definitely die fighting the huge spider thing or can one of them live? It says "likely" making me think one is the right choice and one is the death choice

See i'm really wondering if
Hawke actually dies there. Because when i did it on my Mage it was Logaine or Hawke, I had Logain take one for the team in a moment of redemption. And he swings his sword around for a sec or two before you SEE him fall. However I was watching youtube video of Hawke making the sacrifice and it looks like a bit of dust / smoke and you DONT see hawke drop dead. I'm honestly wondering if Hawke is pulling a Batman, "no body no death"

Monster Zero

So I love and hate Sera, her relationship cues are so random, I remember a quest in crestwood tiny dialog spoilers
when the red ghost mob asked me to kill the rage demon for her, in the background you here Sera yell "You better not!"
and I got a slightly dissaprove, shit was hilarious but it set me back lol. All good, I'm going for Viv's anyway

Bull/Dorian banter
flirting

Bull: Hey, Dorian. So, about last night...

Dorian: Discretion isn't really your thing, is it?

Bull: 3 times! Also, do you want those silky under-things back, or did you leave them as like a token? Or...wait! Did you 'forget' them so you'd have an excuse to come back? You sly dog.

Dorian: If you choose to leave your door open like a savage, I may or may not come.

Bull: Speak for yourself.

lmao I really wasn't expecting that. Everything Bull says is great.

Not likely to the end. Probably through the next story mission though.

The last two mission recommend you being between levels 16 and 19. I noticed that my XP gain really started to jump around where you're at though. Once you hit 16 you can blaze towards the ending. Clear out Crestwood + Fallow Mire (pretty short areas) and kill a few dragons and you'll be there in no time.

Might just leave it then. I hate how slow the game is and when I have a ton of other stuff I want to play I can't seem to settle into it.

Maybe comeback in a couple if months or something.

Ricker

The class focus quest are kind of a pain...I have Tempest ready for my Rogue but I wanted to go Assassin but missing some stuff...cant find the writhing and not sure about the knife...might just go Tempest to be done with it...no interest in Artificer although I am trying to complete the quest anyway...

Felspawn

Morrigan recall about how they raised the child together with such fondness and sweetness that I couldn't believe she's the same character.

pretty sure i read somewhere that the specifically show her changing as a person, becoming a lot warmer and more caring if they had a complete romance with
the warden

kamicowzi

Banned
The quest where you become a knight enchanter is completely bugged.

1. I can't find the book. It's not in Vivienne's room and the book merchant doesn't have it.
2. I can't collect the Wisp Essences because the enemies who drop them won't appear.
I thought I couldn't find the book in Vivienne's room because it didn't show up in my inventory as valuable or what have you. I started scouring the "recipe" section and I think it was in there....but then again you may just have a bug or I am totally wrong. As for the wisp essences, I just ran around the area killing everything and it took quite a while to get my hands on them...way longer than I expected.

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
https://friendme.sonyentertainmentn...quest.html?token=XSAsi_dj9gx0h0_6&code=cW8nIW

So I'm hopelessly addicted to the multiplayer. I haven't really loaded my beloved SP game in like a week or so. MP is SO good.

I prestiged my Archer last night, and am already level 14 on him again, and got the best armor for him available. I've gone ahead and started a Reaver as well, and already made the best armor for him. I'll start on him in earnest once I max my Archer again.

Anyone out there who is enjoying it as much as me can feel free to friend me on PSN. I'm not the best player out there, and I don't usually wear a mic, but if you just wanna run some missions hit me up.

Are all of those little statues and random stuff marked as valuables worth anything other than the coin I get from selling them, I'm afraid of getting rid of something I'll need later on lol

glaurung

Are all of those little statues and random stuff marked as valuables worth anything other than the coin I get from selling them, I'm afraid of getting rid of something I'll need later on lol
I believe that everything without flavor text or some note is safe to sell.

IIRC they also lob the monster research items into the valueless section, don't know why. You should hand those in before blind-selling your crap.

IIRC they also lob the monster research items into the valueless section, don't know why. You should hand those in before blind-selling your crap.

I have no idea why they don't toss those in a separate category. Either a design oversight or just a really dumb design decision to throw actually valuable stuff in with the junk loot aka "valuables." Which is another stupid designation in itself.

I thought I couldn't find the book in Vivienne's room because it didn't show up in my inventory as valuable or what have you. I started scouring the "recipe" section and I think it was in there....but then again you may just have a bug or I am totally wrong. As for the wisp essences, I just ran around the area killing everything and it took quite a while to get my hands on them...way longer than I expected.

No it's not in the "recipe" section. I already read some guides and walkthroughs and everyone says "Vivienne's room or book merchant". Nope, it's not there.

Corpekata

Banned
Did anyone ever craft the "Sad Weapon"? I got the schematic and one of the three splinters you need for it. Curious what it turned out to be.

ced

I had my favorite dialog line last night with a Solas quest, I selected something like "I don't know what to say" and my guy goes "Well, shit"

Kinthalis

Banned
I can't believe some of you guys are done with this.

I'm 55 hours in and I've explored almost all of the Hinterlands, the Desert Oasis, the Mire and the Storm Coast, but that's it. I've barely touched the western approach, and haven't even started on any of the other areas. I terms of story I'm only at the point where

You meet the grey warden Hawk spoke about.

I feel like I've got another 50+ hours to go!

glaurung

...junk loot aka "valuables." Which is another stupid designation in itself.
Well, it must have made sense on paper. Someone specced it and thought: here we have the armor, the weapons, the blueprints and then we have the trinkets that have actual monetary value aka vendor trash. Thus the name - valuables.

But why there is no separate section for monster research bits... Stupid design in action.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom