• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Age: Inquisition - Trespasser |OT| Loyal bands and murderous hands

Fractal

Banned
Yep, I'm just going to wait on the Collector's Edition :D.
Yeah, me too. Got sidetracked by some other games, but right now, would be needlessly expensive to buy the game and all the DLC separately. Will wait a few months, I'm sure they'll come up with a GOTY edition.

Only 6 more hours for PlayStation!

Crying.gif

Spoiler Free Review:

The Main Story, without experiencing all the side content - about 4 - 5 hours, (I did however play on casual as my Nightmare build guy is still working through descent)

The best thing here is the quality of the story. Its a really cool epilogue for DAI, and helps to put the chapter at a satisfying conclusion.

The environment are nicely designed, and the new hub you get is kinda cool.

Almost all of the Dragon Age Inquisition cast and party members get really cool satisfying conclusion (especially one character - Varric fans will be very happy) - Romancers get an awesome scene

Holy shit, the story ends in the most awesome way, and I'm not spoiling anything about THAT

But one spoiler: (very mild)

The credits are incredible <3 Cassandra

Only disappointment - not enough new armour, but I think you really have to look for it

Spoiler Free Review:

The Main Story, without experiencing all the side content - about 4 - 5 hours, (I did however play on casual as my Nightmare build guy is still working through descent)

The best thing here is the quality of the story. Its a really cool epilogue for DAI, and helps to put the chapter at a satisfying conclusion.

The environment are nicely designed, and the new hub you get is kinda cool.

Almost all of the Dragon Age Inquisition cast and party members get really cool satisfying conclusion (especially one character - Varric fans will be very happy) - Romancers get an awesome scene

Holy shit, the story ends in the most awesome way, and I'm not spoiling anything about THAT

But one spoiler: (very mild)

The credits are incredible <3 Cassandra

Only disappointment - not enough new armour, but I think you really have to look for it

well shit, guess I am getting it.

^Sounds fantastic N7Commander, thanks.

Really excited to see what happens with
Cassandra. She was my romance in the base game <3.

Rodhull

Well UK PSN is back up and no sign of it. After all this time how is it so hard for them to synchronise content releases? It's been up on Xbox nearly half the day at this point.

Also two other things

There is new music, and the ending theme is beautiful

Very mild spoiler for the ending
There is an new epilogue

Lakitu

st5fu
What's the new hub? What are the areas like? Are there multiple explorable areas? Are there too many collectibles like vanilla?

Sou Da

What's the new hub? What are the areas like? Are there multiple explorable areas? Are there too many collectibles like vanilla?

It's pretty lively, haven't got out of the new hub yet, the only collectibles I've found are dog treats and joke items.

The dog treats have a practical use yet, the joke items might but I haven't found one.

Spoiler for hub
-
Part of the Winter Palace

- Areas are really nicely designed, if linear

- There are SOME explorable areas, but as a DLC it is very story focused

-
No, theres only one cheap collectable, and that's just in the hub. There is a treasure hunt, but that's for armour I believe

Shinobi, should we make a Spoiler thread? I think we may need one considering what happens in the DLC :)

I need to discuss this with people

Shinobi, should we make a Spoiler thread? I think we may need one considering what happens in the DLC :)

I need to discuss this with people
Feel free to make one if you'd like :)

I just made this OT since it's the last piece of content for the game and the most significant, and likely wouldn't get much discussion otherwise.

I think this DLC has solidified the Inquisitor as one of my favourite video game protagonists.

The American male delivery of the trailer line is amazing ha ha

BTW, when you start a new game now, as well as selecting the Base difficulty, there are now also challenge modifyers.

For example one makes every potion only give ones health, one halves your levelling, one drastically increases the effect of companion disapproval scores.

In exchange, apparently you get free stuff in the special shipments chest

SeanTSC

So I really enjoyed the Jaws of Hakkon and Descent DLCs and I fully intend to buy Trespasser as soon as PSN updates...

But is there any point in buying the $5 Spoils of the Qunari/Avvar packs? Money isn't really an issue and I'll grab them if there's some worth to having them, but I don't like just pissing it away on Fucking Nothing.

Ralemont

not me
For example one makes every potion only give ones health, one halves your levelling, one drastically increases the effect of companion disapproval scores.

Oh shit, that might actually be great. It's way too easy to get everyone to like you in Dragon Age games, and considering they created special cutscenes for low approval that I never got to see this might be just my chance.

Melchiah

Eagerly waiting for the DLC's European release, which brings me to this...

Developer: BioWare
Release Date: September 8
Platforms: PS4, XBO, PC
Price: $14.99

...can we please have the release dates and prices for other regions as well in the OP? Not all Gaffers live in NA.

Ralemont

not me
So I really enjoyed the Jaws of Hakkon and Descent DLCs and I fully intend to buy Trespasser as soon as PSN updates...

But is there any point in buying the $5 Spoils of the Qunari/Avvar packs? Money isn't really an issue and I'll grab them if there's some worth to having them, but I don't like just pissing it away on Fucking Nothing.

I'm sort of in the same boat as you in that I'm not sure. I gladly purchased the armor packs in the Mass Effect games and felt they were well worth it. These packs do have some armor schematics, a mount, a throne, and decor, so it's definitely more content than those were. Some of the Qunari armors I like though I'm not a big fan of the Avvar stuff.

I've got a male Qunari mage Inquisitor. Can't wait to see how that plays out. Do all of your decisions and consequences carry over, like who became the Divine?

Neoweee

BTW, when you start a new game now, as well as selecting the Base difficulty, there are now also challenge modifyers.

In exchange, apparently you get free stuff in the special shipments chest

Do you need to own the DLC, or is that part of any patch that released at the same time?

Top Bottom