• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Age: Inquisition - Trespasser |OT| Loyal bands and murderous hands

Ok so I have a question since this is considered the epilogue. Is there a way I can change my ending/the choices I made through the dragon age keep and play Trespasser with the changes?

I wanted Cassandra to be Divine but since I didn't specifically say no to what's-her-face she became Divine instead.

Melchiah

It finally became available in the European store. T-minus 15 minutes until the downloading has been finished.

Neoweee

Asking again for the new page: Do you need to own the final DLC in order for the new Challenge Difficulty options to appear? I would like to buy the PC version of the core game while it is on sale and start difficulty runs, and then buy the DLC when I get to that point or it has been on sale.

Sou Da

Asking again for the new page: Do you need to own the final DLC in order for the new Challenge Difficulty options to appear? I would like to buy the PC version of the core game while it is on sale and start difficulty runs, and then buy the DLC when I get to that point or it has been on sale.

The trials? Yeah you need the dlc for them.

Yeul

I thought it was such a good DLC, worth every penny. Spoilers below.

Okay so I romanced Solas with my canon Lavellan Inquisitor and I just have to say that finally confronting him about who he is was one of the most bittersweet/satisfying things in DA:I (PATRICK WEEKES EVERYONE). To be honest I'm really glad they didn't go the route of making everything roses and sunshine, because that just wouldn't make sense for his character at all. It was really gut wrenching, just hearing it in his voice it's filled with sorrow and trepidation. In the end I told him I wouldn't give up on him (The Inquisition will attempt to change Solas's mind) and I also disbanded the Inquisition. One of my favorite parts at the end was when my giiiiirls (Inquisitor, Cass, Leliana, Harding) were in a room together and said that they will try to save him from himself and that it will take someone he doesn't know to try to do it (presumably DA4 protag/companions). I never get my hopes up about BioWare cameos, but in this case because the Inquisitor herself states (again in my version of events) that they need to find someone to save him by stopping him, I would love to see an Inquisitor cameo at the end of all things in DA4. I'm just glad they didn't turn him into a monstrous person like -twirls mustache-. Anyways I think the other decision in the DLC was save/kill the dragon. I saved the dragon in my playthrough.

Overall though, the environments, music, pacing were really good. It really goes to show how much of a difference story-heavy DLC can make versus the other two (which I still enjoyed, regardless). Also Inquisitor with
one arm
, I love it (but also was prepared for it because I spoiled myself a few days prior.

Cropduster89

Neo Member
If it's good and story focused I might finally finish up DA:I and pick this up.

I really liked the characters and the writing, but the combat mechanics and wrestling with the tactical camera really killed my enthusiasm.

Drac84

Looks good, for some reason reminds me a bit of Citadel DLC in ME3. Prolly due to the character focus. I'm still going through Arkham Knight and then MGSV, but hopefully there's a bundle sale this xmas for all three DLCs, will def. get.

My thoughts:

Dragon Age 4:

Which I will call DA4: The Hunt for Red October. The best set-up for a sequel in any of the three Dragon Age games. We firmly know that it will be set in Tevinter (and possibly the Anderfells) , we know Solas will be the bad guy, we know it will feature an Elven rebellion, and we have strong hints that we will see the entire Elven Faux Pantheon. And this was seeded all the way back from Witch Hunt.

DA4 honestly sounds like it will be the end of the current storyline in Dragon Age games.

Eluvians:

I've become accustom to BioWare building up this epic shit only to have a horrifyingly simplistic payoff. But this still hurt. From mysterious devices that travel beyond the Fade.... to generic portals.

The Reveal:

Holy fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck, did this actually payoff. Solas created the motherfucking VEIL???? Solas is going to try to destroy the human world? Suddenly, magic in this world went from terrifying to downright apocalyptic.

Sou Da

So I can firmly say those
who didn't swear to stop Solas are objectively wrong in their action right?

Also I'm beginning to see why Avellone hates elves.

Yeul

Solasmancers be delusional, I watched a friend play it. It's like watching someone play Carth on the flipside of a dark side Revan relationship.

It's not about me being delusional as a Solasmancer,
it's just the way I RP'd her. To me obviously he's trying to justify it and although he is sad what he's choosing to do is still wrong. It's still his choice. He doesn't have to do it but he sees no other way. I just personally find the potential of changing his mind more interesting than just killing him. If I wanted to just off someone, well, I beat Corypheus for that. I'm under no illusions that it might not even work and he might die either way, but at least it makes for a more interesting story for my character.

Sou Da

It's not about me being delusional as a Solasmancer,
it's just the way I RP'd her. To me obviously he's trying to justify it and although he is sad what he's choosing to do is still wrong. It's still his choice. He doesn't have to do it but he sees no other way. I just personally find the potential of changing his mind more interesting than just killing him. If I wanted to just off someone, well, I beat Corypheus for that. I'm under no illusions that it might not even work and he might die either way, but at least it makes for a more interesting story for my character.

I believe but the Carth thing still stands.

This is definitely the DLC I wanted for DA:I the most. Since I'd like to play the other two I think I'll wait to see if they do some sort of DA:I DLC package sale further down the road. I'm glad to hear people having good impressions with Trespasser though.

Vinland

Banned
If it's good and story focused I might finally finish up DA:I and pick this up.

I really liked the characters and the writing, but the combat mechanics and wrestling with the tactical camera really killed my enthusiasm.

You use the tactical camera? Man I have been blasting through the game without it so far. Not really my thing this run. But I just picked up all the previous dlc and haven't gotten to do it so will wait. That being said, this dlc is giving me goosebumps.

forgot how bad the gameplay was, switched from nightmare to easy and just sneaking my way through combat when I can.
still enjoying all the dialogue and story aspects.

Phamit

Anyones knows what to do with the items that you find at the beginning of the dlc? Im not talking about the bones, but the other stuff

Linkyn

I just played for an hour walking around the Winter Palace and catching up with the crew (and finally
getting Sera to settle down for good
). Before I move on, are all the new chapters for Hard in Hightown in the starting area? I'm still missing 2-3 and I'd hate not to get them.

Archurro

Is it worth playing the other DLCs before picking this up? I haven't played Inquisition since I beat the game last year.

diaspora

I thought it was such a good DLC, worth every penny. Spoilers below.

Okay so I romanced Solas with my canon Lavellan Inquisitor and I just have to say that finally confronting him about who he is was one of the most bittersweet/satisfying things in DA:I (PATRICK WEEKES EVERYONE). To be honest I'm really glad they didn't go the route of making everything roses and sunshine, because that just wouldn't make sense for his character at all. It was really gut wrenching, just hearing it in his voice it's filled with sorrow and trepidation. In the end I told him I wouldn't give up on him (The Inquisition will attempt to change Solas's mind) and I also disbanded the Inquisition. One of my favorite parts at the end was when my giiiiirls (Inquisitor, Cass, Leliana, Harding) were in a room together and said that they will try to save him from himself and that it will take someone he doesn't know to try to do it (presumably DA4 protag/companions). I never get my hopes up about BioWare cameos, but in this case because the Inquisitor herself states (again in my version of events) that they need to find someone to save him by stopping him, I would love to see an Inquisitor cameo at the end of all things in DA4. I'm just glad they didn't turn him into a monstrous person like -twirls mustache-. Anyways I think the other decision in the DLC was save/kill the dragon. I saved the dragon in my playthrough.

Overall though, the environments, music, pacing were really good. It really goes to show how much of a difference story-heavy DLC can make versus the other two (which I still enjoyed, regardless). Also Inquisitor with
one arm
, I love it (but also was prepared for it because I spoiled myself a few days prior.

LOL, you want to
save Solas from himself? I chose to stop him even if it means killing him. Seeing the Inquisitor in a basement planning with his motherfucking clique and stabbing Tevinter with his one arm was hugely satisfying.

edit: AW YISS, for Leliana divines:
Not only does it seem like she rejoins your crew in the end, but the Hero of Ferelden returns and they continue their relationship.

Yeul

LOL, you want to
save Solas from himself? I chose to stop him even if it means killing him. Seeing the Inquisitor in a basement planning with his motherfucking clique and stabbing Tevinter with his one arm was hugely satisfying.

edit: AW YISS, for Leliana divines:
Not only does it seem like she rejoins your crew in the end, but the Hero of Ferelden returns and they continue their relationship.

Yeah I do lol.
I just find it more thematically interesting for the kind of characters I want to play plus I think it kind of fit since she was in a relationship with him. Is it morally objectionable what Solas wants to do? 100%. Do I still want to try to open that can of worms and see if he gets some sense? Absolutely.

Anyways, all aboard to Tevinter (FINALLY). My money's on some interesting shenanigans in DA4 in Arlathan forest.

Finally, can sit down and play this thing. Anyone know where we can access our other casual clothes in Skyhold?

It should be in your Quarters upstairs in Skyhold in the corner of the room.~

Yeul

Is it worth playing the other DLCs before picking this up? I haven't played Inquisition since I beat the game last year.

Wondering the same thing.

Also since they're all $15 per DLC, and there's three of them...

The other two DLCs, Jaws of Hakkon and The Descent are not mentioned in this DLC at all so you're not going to miss out on anything if you were to just hop into this one. While the other two DLCs have stories in them, the story isn't as heavily involved with the continuing lore of DA:I -> DA4 as Trespasser is. The other two DLCs expand on things mentioned in the base game but because this new DLC is an epilogue, you get a lot of questions answered.

Linkyn

They're nice, but nothing spectacular. I mostly just downloaded them to hold me over the last few days (and because those empty codex entries at the top of each category were bugging the hell out of me). Personally, I liked The Descent better, because it is more focused, and it has some nice foraging with cleverly-placed collectibles (and because it is the only way you can properly fight Darkspawn in Inquisition). Jaws of Hakkon is only really worth it if you're the kind of person that does all the side stuff.

diaspora

Yeah I do lol.
I just find it more thematically interesting for the kind of characters I want to play plus I think it kind of fit since she was in a relationship with him. Is it morally objectionable what Solas wants to do? 100%. Do I still want to try to open that can of worms and see if he gets some sense? Absolutely.

Anyways, all aboard to Tevinter (FINALLY). My money's on some interesting shenanigans in DA4 in Arlathan forest.

It should be in your Quarters upstairs in Skyhold in the corner of the room.~

Fair, but I think regardless of what we choose, it's only ending one way imo. When
he straight up said he was going to kill everyone in Thedas to make it happen, I realized there weren't going to be any half measures dealing with something like that.

Yeul

Fair, but I think regardless of what we choose, it's only ending one way imo. When
he straight up said he was going to kill everyone in Thedas to make it happen, I realized there weren't going to be any half measures dealing with something like that.

More likely than not you're right about it ending one way though it would be an interesting challenge to see if they diverged the paths.
Idk I just see Solas on this precipice about to plunge head first into shit and it'd be cool if there was a way to get him to back out of it. It's hard to justify my perspective, I can see why a lot of people would just tell him that he's dead meat next time they see him, but that's why I like him as a character (even without the LI stuff). Regardless if they follow through with the Inquisitor and his/her few people left to stop/save him or whatever in DA4, I appreciated the option in this DLC.

diaspora

More likely than not you're right about it ending one way though it would be an interesting challenge to see if they diverged the paths.
Idk I just see Solas on this precipice about to plunge head first into shit and it'd be cool if there was a way to get him to back out of it. It's hard to justify my perspective, I can see why a lot of people would just tell him that he's dead meat next time they see him, but that's why I like him as a character (even without the LI stuff). Regardless if they follow through with the Inquisitor and his/her few people left to stop/save him or whatever in DA4, I appreciated the option in this DLC.

I think we're going to have to kill him no matter what. What may diverge is how the confrontation plays out. Like trying failing to stop him versus just straight up opposing him.

Yeul

I think we're going to have to kill him no matter what. What may diverge is how the confrontation plays out. Like trying failing to stop him versus just straight up opposing him.

Yeah I can see that. Who knows? Onto 3-4 years of waiting lol. At least there's ME:A.

Top Bottom