• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball FighterZ adds Yamcha and Tenshinhan + original character Android 21

Can't we just get something cool like super saiyan nappa or super saiyan raditz or something and forget the losers like tien and krillen?
Saying Tien and Krillin are losers but then brings up Nappa....
PioFtFK.jpg

17 and 18 are not cyborgs. A cyborg would have machine parts in them. They don't. They're biologically enhanced humans.

AH9LpFf.png

So IMO the question "Why does 21 have glasses" doesn't make much sense. For all we know she could have normal organic human eyes just like 17 and 18 and she could just happen to have an eye disorder.

What about the shut down mechanism, and the bombs (before being wished away)? Those are both cybernetic components.

What about the shut down mechanism, and the bombs (before being wished away)? Those are both cybernetic components.

Yes they were the only machine parts in them, and they were a safeguard mechanism for Dr. Gero rather than the source of their power enhancement. They weren't so much cybernetic components as they were just foreign matter shoved in them. Shenron removed those parts but couldn't remove the enhancement since it's fully biological.

Nappa has just been a meme to me ever since TFS started doing the abridged series. Raditz has nothing to offer, in my opinion. Tien is dope as hell, though.

Also I love Launch.

gwarm01

Yes they were the only machine parts in them, and they were a safeguard mechanism for Dr. Gero rather than the source of their power enhancement. They weren't so much cybernetic components as they were just foreign matter shoved in them. Shenron removed those parts but couldn't remove the enhancement since it's fully biological.

I thought they had generators or something like that? Isn't that why they never run out of energy?

kewlmyc

Can't we just get something cool like super saiyan nappa or super saiyan raditz or something and forget the losers like tien and krillen?
Yes, more blonde characters, especially fanfiction ones based off characters that have been irrelevant for years.

Fuck it, let's remove any character that's not a saiyan. We need more room for Super Saiyan Bardock, Super Saiyan 3 Cabba, Super Saiyan Turles, and Super Saiyan Kid Goku.

I would love Nappa in this game if they gave him some command grabs. He at least beat the crap out of the Z fighters for most of the Saiyan saga. But we definitely don't need Raditz, lol.

Neoxon

TFS Nappa is the best DBZ character.
TFS Nappa becoming a movie producer after he was revived also ended up justifying Mr. Satan's rise to fame in DBZA.

This also brings up a good point, what did Nappa end up doing after he was brought back? Vegeta did work for Frieza when he killed Nappa, so he should have been brought back.

Nappa has just been a meme to me ever since TFS started doing the abridged series. Raditz has nothing to offer, in my opinion. Tien is dope as hell, though.

Also I love Launch.

Tien was a beast in Dragon Ball.

Unlike that loser Yamcha, who never won a serious fight even before the Saiyan power escalation. If they're not making him a joke character, I legit think that Launch should be added as the game's joke character.
And end up a higher tier than Yamcha.

Village

Nah, don't agree with you in the slightest. Nappa was great well before TFS was a thing. He's one of the best villains in Z.

Hes not , he's a second in command that gets no expansion upon, and used as a means to show how out of their depth the " z" warriors were. He is a plot device, and not really much more than that. He gets angry a bit... so I guess he felt an emotion at one point.

And when his usefulness is over, vegeta destroy's said plot device because its time for actual characters who have like motivation to enter the scene and be actual interesting characters

He's basically glorified radditz who he is should have more importance to the plot, but it doesn't because he's not a character, he's an obstacle or plot device to get to the actual character. Toriyama has a tendency of doing that, adroit 19 was another such " character" a literally robotic plot device to get to point be. The ginyu force are probably the best excited version of this because they are actually characters and work as plot devices, same with 16. You could argue that babidi is also in this category.

So yeah , nappa is literally a guy meant to be " IF THIS GUY IS SO STRONG HOW STRONG IS VEGETA " and that's his entire life's purpose.

Daingurse

Hes not , he's a second in command that gets no expansion upon, and used as a means to show how out of their depth the " z" warriors were. He is a plot device, and not really much more than that. He gets angry a bit... so I guess he felt an emotion at one point.

And when his usefulness is over, vegeta destroy's said plot device because its time for actual characters who have like motivation to enter the scene and be actual interesting characters

He's basically glorified radditz who he is should have more importance to the plot, but it doesn't because he's not a character, he's an obstacle or plot device to get to the actual character. Toriyama has a tendency of doing that, adroit 19 was another such " character" a literally robotic plot device to get to point be. The ginyu force are probably the best excited version of this because they are actually characters and work as plot devices, same with 16. You could argue that babidi is also in this category.

So yeah , nappa is literally a guy meant to be " IF THIS GUY IS SO STRONG HOW STRONG IS VEGETA " and that's his entire life's purpose.

None of the this stuff you typed really means a thing to me, dude. He's a very effective villain in the best arc of Z. His destruction of the Z Fighters will always make him one of the more memorable characters in the franchise for me. That's why I like him, and will always dig him as a character. He is a nice simple character who pushed most of the Z-fighters to their absolute limits.

Well that isn't encouraging...

Haha, perhaps.

Giga Man

One cool thing about Nappa in this game would be seeing his Giant Storm in action.

I can't think of anything cool about Raditz. I just like the names of his moves from the Budokai series and the way he says them. "DOUBLE SUNDAY!" "SATURDAY CRUSH!"

Daingurse

One cool thing about Nappa in this game would be seeing his Giant Storm in action.

I can't think of anything cool about Raditz. I just like the names of his moves from the Budokai series and the way he says them. "DOUBLE SUNDAY!" "SATURDAY CRUSH!"

Seeing Giant Storm activate the stage transitions in this game would be hyyype.

TreIII

TFS Nappa becoming a movie producer after he was revived also ended up justifying Mr. Satan's rise to fame in DBZA.

This also brings up a good point, what did Nappa end up doing after he was brought back? Vegeta did work for Frieza when he killed Nappa, so he should have been brought back.

It could be argued that when Vegeta and Nappa went off to Earth to make their own wish to seek eternal life, they weren't at all interested in working for Freeza anymore (and would have turned coat in full once their objective was met). Thus, all their actions on Earth were simply on them, and not due to them being "part of Freeza's forces".

On that same note...I don't think it was ever said if the denizens of East City that were blown up by Nappa were ever wished back.

Lulubop

17 and 18 are not cyborgs. A cyborg would have machine parts in them. They don't. They're biologically enhanced humans.

AH9LpFf.png

So IMO the question "Why does 21 have glasses" doesn't make much sense. For all we know she could have normal organic human eyes just like 17 and 18 and she could just happen to have an eye disorder.

Uh, it says based on humans not actually enhanced humans. They're replicates who's components mimic organic human life.

Damn you mean.

Astral

Ginyu with the entire Ginyu force as part of his move set next please. Or normal Gotenks. Let him turn SSJ during his specials or something. There are too many blondes.

Lulubop

None of the this stuff you typed really means a thing to me, dude. He's a very effective villain in the best arc of Z. His destruction of the Z Fighters will always make him one of the more memorable characters in the franchise for me. That's why I like him, and will always dig him as a character. He is a nice simple character who pushed most of the Z-fighters to their absolute limits.

Haha, perhaps.

Pretty much.

Zubz

Banned
Uh, it says based on humans not actually enhanced humans. They're replicates who's components mimic organic human life.

Either way, that was retconned. The "humans turned into powerful, tireless cyborgs via organic parts" thing is stated to be canon.

Lulubop

Either way, that was retconned. The "humans turned into powerful, tireless cyborgs via organic parts" thing is stated to be canon.

I mean that's kinda what I'm saying. They're components mimic organic human life, that's what makes them cyborgs.

Zubz

Banned
I mean that's kinda what I'm saying. They're components mimic organic human life, that's what makes them cyborgs.

Oh yeah, totally then! I thought you were insinuating 17 & 18 were created by Gero instead of humans he... kidnapped, I think? I don't recall why he was able to test on them, honestly.

Lulubop

Oh yeah, totally then! I thought you were insinuating 17 & 18 were created by Gero instead of humans he... kidnapped, I think? I don't recall why he was able to test on them, honestly.

I meant the cyborg thing . I'm confused about whether they're created or found now haha. Either way, they're definitely cyborgs.

Village

I don't think he's " effective" as a villain, I think vegeta is during that arc, because he's actually like... a character. And I feel like The ginyu force, The androids besides 19 and Majin buu a character who seems to incredibly dumb and can barely formulate sentences in two of his forms was a much more effective villain that showed a range of emotions, and goals and motivations, and very mcuh seemed like characters outside of that moment. Unlike nappa, nappa literally feels like he's a glorified saibamen I can't imagine nappa existing outside of that moment with vegeta.

That's why I dissagree with you, but if you like that character that's fine. I like big dumb characters too, I want broly in this game. That said I feel as though if you aren't going to have a character, you need to have impact and the only impact I feel personally nappa had was " I gotta make vegeta look cool " . He doesn't do much for me I guess

Damn you mean.

Its not mean its how toriyama writes, its the rigmarole of the Shonen battle arc structure, sometimes Vegeta and Goku are those characters. Characters who get bodied and are supposed to be strong to show the strength of other characters. Its just that , that plot device was nappa's life. His entire life was that. He didn't have a character , he was a big guy who had an uninteresting design who hung out with vegeta, he was designed to eventually be nothing.

Ferr986

I meant the cyborg thing . I'm confused about whether they're created or found now haha. Either way, they're definitely cyborgs.

Im pretty sure they were real humans before. Also pretty sure they're almost full humans too, I remember Krilin says as much when Goku ask him how she had a child

Top Bottom