• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball FighterZ - Characters, Specials, and Stages Discussion

Slaythe

I mean, that is about as diverse an arrangement of the Androids as you can get.

As much as Android 17 is cool, eye lasers and energy absorptions is cool too, especially in the context of a video game. And it's different to what other characters can offer.

I'd like to see Dr. Gero, for instance. There's a lot that's unique about him as a character within Dragon Ball.

But why does everything has to be about diversity lol ? This is a proper fighting game, that means the variety comes from how the characters play. 17 has a unique body type compared to the other males in the game, and he also has a great defensive tool (that could be great for assist), and has high mobility with flips and dodges, that other characters don't have.

In a 3D game where you desperately need "super special moves", sure, but in a 2D game where you need to focus on neutral, baiting, etc... ? 17 is a gold mine.

Also, the point is kinda playing cool and awesome characters, and also the fans favorite. Nobody has 19 as their actual favorite character.

Id laugh pretty hard if we got 19 instead of 17.

Thinking bout getting into super, how far approx until 17 comes in? 3/4s of the way through?

And I gotta watch BOTG, some filler episodes (cant remember which), then ROF, and then begin after that right?

Check the DB Super OT, there's a guide. The new arc started at episode 77 and 17 showed up 10 episodes later.

I expect that they will make characters like 17 DLC, but there is also the chance they just don't include characters post-ROF. In that case I could see them not having 17 in the game.

I'm pretty excited for this game, looks amazing and it's been a while since I played a fighting game so this should be fun.

They will have characters past ROF. They already have Kaioken blue too so that's a pretty big hint.

I-hate-u

b79cdcc6f68fbbeb8e044a7c08258bbb.jpg

Gimme

Zarbon is my favorite of the Freeza soldiers except for Recoome. I just think outside his transformation his movelist pretty basic for this game.

On the other hand, characters like Black, Hit, Bulma, Janemba, and Tien can add so much variety and gameplay options to the roster.

Slaythe

Don't worry, Slaythe, there will be an alternate color for 18 that switches her color scheme with her brother's and vice-versa.

They do not have the same height.

2S2P4b7.jpg

That means different hitboxes are needed.

Also, every single punch and kick in this game is taken off the manga. 17 and 18 don't have anything in common in the manga, so that's not going to work out. I don't want 17 with that girly kick she does lol.

RocBase

16 18 blue kaioken won't be playable, that's what the trailer will focus on.

Aaahhh, I see.

So Piccolo and Krillin don't get their own trailer? feelsbad
It's not a big deal since we'll see them playable but it would've been still nice to have, lol

Skab

2S2P4b7.jpg

Also, every single punch and kick in this game is taken off the manga. 17 and 18 don't have anything in common in the manga, so that's not going to work out. I don't want 17 with that girly kick she does lol.

Referencing the manga/anime sure, but the height difference means jack shit when it comes to this. They could be the same height in game and very few would actually know any better.

FSLink

Banned
Should put to rest the whole "they all play the same" nonsense, nah who am I kidding people are gonna be on that bullshit throughout the entire life of the game

It'd be like judging Marvel 3's future meta based off of demo footage of people doing magic series. People are fucking dumb lol

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player

Theyre not

You get what you can from where you can get it.

2S2P4b7.jpg

I meant color scheme, not model swap. Like 18 will have black hair and 17 will have blonde hair.

FSLink

Banned
Theyre not

Yup. There's a lot of references but it's not a 1 to 1 conversion or something.

If I was a dev, back in 2015 when Extreme Butoden was released (which is apparently when FighterZ started development), no way 17 would be on my short list of characters to be in the game. If he was in, he'd probably borrow moves or have some made up moves.

Dragon Ball DLC Pack

Upa and Bora, Korin, King Piccolo's henchmen, that dinosuar with the regurgitating goo from the WT, Nam, and obviously Tao Pai Pai

I don't think we'd get DLC packs. I'd imagine the DLC will be similar to GGXrd, one at a time.

Slaythe

Theyre not

I literally posted myself a Vegeta attack based off an anime only scene on this very page.

When I say manga I mean they don't create random moves for the characters. 17 and 18 do not have the same fighting style. While they seemed pretty similar in the 80% filler Trunks OAV, most of 18's moves will come from her fight with Vegeta and Trunks/Goten, like Extreme Butoden, and none of that fits 17.

Get a taste of the competitive scene building around the game and also tune in for an exclusive worldwide gameplay reveal right after the Grand Finals!

They're obviously showing SSB Goku/Vegeta, 16, and 18.

RocBase

Oh, still a ways to go then. I wonder if they'll show all the new characters we haven't seen in action properly yet, they're quite a lot: Future Trunks, Piccolo, Krillin, SSB Vegeta, SSB Goku, 16 and 18.

For what it's worth the playable build at Gamescon includes Trunks, Piccolo and Kirllin, so we should be seeing new footage of those three by Tuesday at least.

Oh, still a ways to go then. I wonder if they'll show all the new characters we haven't seen in action properly yet, they're quite a lot: Future Trunks, Piccolo, Krillin, SSB Vegeta, SSB Goku, 16 and 18.

Krillin, Piccolo and Trunks are in the new build at gamescom. Gamescom starts Tuesday I believe so thats when can expect footage.

HardRojo

For what it's worth the playable build at Gamescon includes Trunks, Piccolo and Kirllin, so we should be seeing new footage of those three by Tuesday at least.

Krillin, Piccolo and Trunks are in the new build at gamescom. Gamescom starts Tuesday I believe so thats when can expect footage.

Oh, that's great then. Don't have to wait too long for more footage. They'll probably show a trailer featuring a little bit of the Story mode plus the new characters when the tournament finishes,

My wishlist I am posting for reasons

SOMEHOW ACTUALLY MADE IT IN

Android 16 (YEEEEEEEEAH)

SHOULD BE IN AT LAUNCH OR DLC

Android 17 (Can't believe there is a chance that he wont be)
Kid Goku
King Piccolo
Mr Satan
Videl
Kid Buu
Krillin
Tien
Yamcha (Hey he could be good in a fighting game)
Dabura
Ultimate Gohan
Broly (Let's be real, hes totally gonna be in)
Any form of Cooler
Bardock
Beerus
Hit
Goku Black
SSB Vegito
SSJ4 Gogeta
Omega Shenron

SHOULD BE IN THE SEQUEL OR THE SEQUEL'S DLC

Dragon Ball Chi Chi (The grown up one that fights Goku at the World Tournament)
Mercenary Tao or Cyborg Tao
Master Roshi
Raditz
Nappa
Captain Ginyu
Gotenks
Super Buu
Janemba
Pikkon
Bojack
Zangya
A reworked DB Super Goku to reflect on the new way his SS God form works
Zamasu
Merged Zamasu (Though I wonder if this should just be a transformation)
Champa
Whis
Vados
Caulifla
Kale
Cabba
Jiren
Toppo
Pan (Maybe with a Giru striker for maximum annoyance/uniqueness)
Majuub
Super Baby 2
Super 17 (Imagine the rage)
Jaco the Galactic Patrolman
Arale

Did I miss anyone?

Also I have a feeling that this game is getting so much more popularity and fame than they initially were expecting so they might be expanding the roster.

TreIII

isnt he on the moo...

right piccolo blew up the moon, and no one ever wished anyone back who was killed on the moon

so he ded

Would Roshi's moon attack also have killed him? Either way, he seems super dead.

He and his minions are actually still alive, according to Toriyama.

From the wiki:

In an interview in the Dragon Ball: Bouken Special, Akira Toriyama states that Monster Carrot and his henchmen were drifting through space after Jackie Chun destroyed the moon.

Probably doesn't mean much, since Toriyama has likely long since forgotten them, but there you go.

I just think that this game should be a celebration of everything Dragon Ball, so I would be perfectly happy if like They gave Dragon Ball 1 or 2 characters and Dragon Ball GT SSJ4 Gogeta and Omega Shenron.

I think we should eventually have all aspects of the series represented in this, DB, DBZ, DBZ Movies, DBGT and DB Super. I understand DBZ and DB Super are the ones that are the most popular so of course they would have the most characters by far, but I would still like at least 1 or 2 characters for the other 2 and a few movie characters

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
I think the power disparity between Kid Goku and Krillin is smaller than the power disparity between Krillin and SSJG Blue Goku, so yeah, have Kid Goku, Roshi and Yamcha in, why not.

Top Bottom