• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball FighterZ - Characters, Specials, and Stages Discussion

NZerker12

May I get a discord invite as well please.

Felt weird not seeing everyones reactions to the last episode of Super cause the site was down.

Sony

Nintendo
I don't know what Discord is, but if that is a place where I can discuss Dragonball Super, please add me. The community has been dissing GT behind my back, I cannot sanction that buffoonery.

Kyari

The season pass is neat, it adds life to fighting games, but I hope they aren't done with release reveals.

Also I miss the Super OT, would appreciate a discord invite if anyone is throwing those out via PM.

NZerker12

So has anyone been PM'd the DBSgaf Discord? I would really like to join, there has been a lot of interesting news and leaks that have come out that i would like to discuss.

Cerbero

I went from "hype! day zero!" to a big fat nooope, there's no way i'm shelling out 95€ for a fighting game even if it is the best DB game evah, let alone 110€, and then they say that games are still 60€.

Bamco really is the worst.

kunonabi

DBFZ gets season pass....Fuck you Capcom!...at least you can earn in game money to buy characters in SF.

Which is a ripoff and better used towards the fight money exclusive stages and costumes. The capcom season passes drop to like 10 bucks anyway.

This season pass isnt a terrible value as these things go and might get discounted anyway. It not being part of the collector's edition is the real BS.

Steroyd

Right.

OMG NAPPA add Broly and team big boys is a thing

Captain Ginyu with the whole team is awesome.

Do what I say and not what I do, fuck those devs saying game prices hasn't risen, first and only time I'm buying an ultimate edition (that will be renamed GOTY edition a year later) of anything day one, Fuck me for spending £90 on one game. I. Regret. Nothing.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK! This game comes out the same day as Monster Hunter World.

And get me hooked up on that discord action, I didn't like how this community could get nuked to oblivion overnight so easily WOW!

I think that covers everything

DrDogg

Really sad that u6 sayans are not present in the game.

With 8 DLC characters coming, I'm expecting at least one or two U6 Saiyans to make the cut. Kale and Cauli are the most likely, but I think Cabba has a shot.

I went from "hype! day zero!" to a big fat nooope, there's no way i'm shelling out 95€ for a fighting game even if it is the best DB game evah, let alone 110€, and then they say that games are still 60€.

Bamco really is the worst.

I'm seeing a lot of people upset and I'm not quite understanding. You're upset because there's DLC or that it's not included in the Ultimate Edition? I understand wanting it in the UE. When you pay that much you want everything. I don't understand the general blow back on the DLC. It's a fighting game, I want as much character DLC as possible. Why are people upset over this?

Cerbero

With 8 DLC characters coming, I'm expecting at least one or two U6 Saiyans to make the cut. Kale and Cauli are the most likely, but I think Cabba has a shot.

I'm seeing a lot of people upset and I'm not quite understanding. You're upset because there's DLC or that it's not included in the Ultimate Edition? I understand wanting it in the UE. When you pay that much you want everything. I don't understand the general blow back on the DLC. It's a fighting game, I want as much character DLC as possible. Why are people upset over this?

Oh i fully expected DLC to be there, i'm upset that they're asking 35€ for 8 characters

Oh i fully expected DLC to be there, i'm upset that they're asking 35€ for 8 characters

$4.50 a character is a lot? MvCI is charging $8 for characters who don't even come close to the quality of this.

Y'all praise the quality and passion of ArcSys for the way they make these characters and when they ask for money for ADDITIONAL characters, you cry and tell them to fuck off.

Cerbero

I'd love a discord invite as well

$4.50 a character is a lot? MvCI is charging $8 for characters who don't even come close to the quality of this.

Y'all praise the quality and passion of ArcSys for the way they make these characters and when they ask for money for ADDITIONAL characters, you cry and tell them to fuck off.
Yes, i find that 35€ is a big ask for 8 characters, i wouldn't have a problem with 20€ for example

DrDogg

Yes, i find that 35€ is a big ask for 8 characters, i wouldn't have a problem with 20€ for example

Let's look at previous fighting games and the DLC prices:

Mortal Kombat X
Kombat Pack 1 - 4 characters for $30
Kombat Pack 2 - 4 characters for $20 (Goro doesn't really count)

Injustice 2
Fighter Pack 1 - 3 characters for $20

Marvel Infinite
Season Pass - 6 characters for $30

SF5
Season Pass 1 - 6 characters for $30
Season Pass 2 - 6 characters for $30

So the cheapest up there is $5 per character. DBFZ DLC is priced at $4.38 per character. It's already cheaper than most other fighting games, but you wanted it to be even cheaper? Seriously?

Rising_Hei

Lol, knowing the devs' past it's actually quite good that it's getting a DLC PACK.

What they usually do ir selling another version of the game after a while (blazblue, etc), which is much more costly; so if this time they opted for DLCs and stick to the original game, i'm much more content

Cerbero

Let's look at previous fighting games and the DLC prices:

Mortal Kombat X
Kombat Pack 1 - 4 characters for $30
Kombat Pack 2 - 4 characters for $20 (Goro doesn't really count)

Injustice 2
Fighter Pack 1 - 3 characters for $20

Marvel Infinite
Season Pass - 6 characters for $30

SF5
Season Pass 1 - 6 characters for $30
Season Pass 2 - 6 characters for $30

So the cheapest up there is $5 per character. DBFZ DLC is priced at $4.38 per character. It's already cheaper than most other fighting games, but you wanted it to be even cheaper? Seriously?

I don't own those games or had any idea about their dlc pricing, yikes, i still don't think it makes this ok.

Espada

I don't know if any of the U6 Saiyans are making it into the 8 character DLC, because if they miss some major ones for the base roster that's a lot of potential people they could pick from. Worst case scenario is that they save Beerus, Broly, Hit, Goku Black, Zamasu, etc... for DLC, which would definitely get the most rabid fans to jump in immediately.

PSlayer

I wonder what the next character reveal will be?

They announced a henchmen from sayan saga and henchmen from freeza saga this month.

Following this pattern i guess a henchman from cell saga and one from buu's? I wouldn't be surprised if Android 20 and Dabura are in this game.

November:
Android 20(maybe 19 as assist) and Dabura.
December:
Gotenks and Gohan(mystic)
January:
Kid buu and Beerus

The main problem for most people is probably that we have no idea who is coming (we don't even know what the base roster is at this point) and that there's no mention of buying characters separately, though that'll probably be addressed sometime in the future.

I want to complain, but I know I'm going to buy everything Day 1 so I feel it'd just be a waste of effort

The main problem for most people is probably that we have no idea who is coming (we don't even know what the base roster is at this point) and that there's no mention of buying characters separately, though that'll probably be addressed sometime in the future.

I want to complain, but I know I'm going to buy everything Day 1 so I feel it'd just be a waste of effort

At least you admit that your buying everything day 1. Cause I know I'm getting that season pass day 1, because I'm a DB fanboy and I see the passion they are putting into this game, so I want to support them.

DrDogg

Lol, knowing the devs' past it's actually quite good that it's getting a DLC PACK.

What they usually do ir selling another version of the game after a while (blazblue, etc), which is much more costly; so if this time they opted for DLCs and stick to the original game, i'm much more content

That decision would fall on the publisher, Bandai Namco. It's better to look at Xenoverse and Tekken for an idea of how the DLC will go.

I don't own those games or had any idea about their dlc pricing, yikes, i still don't think it makes this ok.

Fair enough. What were you basing your price on?

A season pass is $50 for CoD and $40 for AC Origins. Xenoverse character packs are a bit cheaper at around $3 per character, but look at what you get in a Xenoverse character compared to what you get in a FighterZ character. To me there's a clear difference in quality.

I don't know if any of the U6 Saiyans are making it into the 8 character DLC, because if they miss some major ones for the base roster that's a lot of potential people they could pick from. Worst case scenario is that they save Beerus, Broly, Hit, Goku Black, Zamasu, etc... for DLC, which would definitely get the most rabid fans to jump in immediately.

I would be surprised if Beerus, Goku Black and Hit are all left to DLC. I expect at least 2 of the 3 in the base roster, if not all 3.

As much as I'd like to get that season pass, my stance against egregious preorder shit must hold strong.

I don't understand what the season pass has to do with your stance on pre-order stuff. You don't have to pre-order the season pass. You can just wait and pick it up once all of the characters have been announced. The price won't go up.

I do think Bandai Namco expected people to understand the concept without having to explain it in detail. Not sure if I fault Namco or the consumer there, but I get the misunderstanding.

The simple fact of the matter is that no one has to buy the season pass now. It's not pre-order exclusive. There's nothing lost in waiting until the first DLC arrives before picking up the pass. By then it's likely we'll know most, if not all, of the DLC characters.

Top Bottom