• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball FighterZ - Characters, Specials, and Stages Discussion

Puruzi

Banned
I still wish Dragonball wasn't so shafted in comparison to Z.

Had great characters that i'd like to see playable here

Village

I think its fine, the tone Is way different for a lot of those guys.

The only character that showed up in dragonball that didn't show up in Z that I want is Arale, but that's because she would technically be a crossover character from Dr.Slump. Its the same reason I want Jaco, also because they would both be wacky faust type characters.

Lord Phol

Already happy with the rooster having the best Vegeta and Gohan versions locked in. Throw in Trunks, Vegito, Mystic Gohan, Android 17/18, Gotenks, Super/Kid Buu and I'll be all good. Also a fan of Super Saiyan God Goku (red hair) but we'll probably get the blue haired version.

erlim

yes, that talented of a member

Yeah, it would be real cool if they rolled deep on the roster with like Blue or Tao Pai Pai or something.

Slaythe

How about they start digging that far when they actually have a complete roster of the most powerful and relevant characters though ?

I'd love for DB to be next before the DBZ movies. But certainly not before the important Z or Super characters.

Tao Pai Pai would be awesome. Maybe even put Roshi in the game as Jackie Chun too.

Certainly not, Roshi is a main character in Super so adding Jackie Chun would ruin that.

Ganyc

like i said in the other thread:

give me black hair Goku with Kaioken attacks and Videl.
As ja joke character Lunch and Roshi, that is all i want besides SSJ Goku/Vegeta/Freezer/Cell/Piccolo/Kuririn/Android18.

Village

Doesn't Arale show up in Dragon Ball Super?

So does jaco, there are alot of Dragon ball specific characters having them in a game like this seems rather strange, well besides king piccoloo. I'm surprised he's not in more games, he would have VERY interesting dialogue. But outside of that...eh?

Arale and Jaco have the advantage of just being from other works entirely, so them being wierd and out of place is kind of the point. It doesn't represent a giant tone and genre shift, they are essentially guest characters

Uraizen

Banned
I'll take whoever they think they can make the most unique fighting style for. Even if I loathe the character with a passion.

@MUWANdo

Banned
Beerus' cinematic super could be the deletion thing he does to
Zamasu
. A counter super maybe.

Or maybe call in Whis to rewind 3 seconds. That would be kind of hype if they could make the visuals brief enough. Prob too strong unless it was a 7 bar thing (on death, maybe, like Phoenix -- altho this doesn't ring true to the character to me).

He'd probably have his "headshot" move as a super (the flick to the forehead he uses against SSJ3 Goku), that seems to be his signature moves in the games he's appeared in so far.

Does anyone know what the deal was with the Sorbet portrait popping up during Golden Frieza? Seems like there's a lot of room for very minor characters to show up like that to help if it's not just a completely unique aspect of Golden Frieza.

That's a specific move with Frieza, you can trigger Sorbet to fire his laser from off-screen a la the Frieza movie.

I'm sure you could do something similar for other characters: Puar for Yamcha, Chaotzu for Tien, etc.

BossRush

I wonder how much they're going to adjust gameplay before the final release. Considering that apparently using dragon rush snap back causes you to GAIN meter as opposed to spending meter to use it

ffvorax

I think the char list could be really the one on the OP, and it's a good one.

If it will be a real technical decent game then it will be difficult to insert new chars, so it's nice if they start with the most interesting and then consider future dlcs....

mcmmaster

I'm probably the minority here, but it would be cool to see Shinji Hosoe/SuperSweep take a crack at the soundtrack for this game. Super Dragon Ball Z for the PS2/Arcade had a phenomenal soundtrack.

Kid Goku's best move is his rock paper scissors attack.
oOCeJJs.png

Baleoce

Beerus' cinematic super could be the deletion thing he does to
Zamasu
. A counter super maybe.

Or maybe call in Whis to rewind 3 seconds. That would be kind of hype if they could make the visuals brief enough. Prob too strong unless it was a 7 bar thing (on death, maybe, like Phoenix -- altho this doesn't ring true to the character to me).

His fight intro should be him and Whis eating Dessert on deck chairs, and him getting pissed off after his Sunday gets knocked on his face due to the aftershock of the other player powering up.

Karsha

Im kinda salty they will make SSJ blue a separate character, so far in the series both Goku and Vegeta haven't shown any specific attack when they go blue, would have rather have them as a transformation or super attack and have SSJ3/4 Goku and SSJ 4 Vegeta/Majin Vegetta as different characters

BossRush

His fight intro should be him and Whis eating Dessert on deck chairs, and him getting pissed off after his Sunday gets knocked on his face due to the aftershock of the other player powering up.

If Beerus's knocked down pose ISNT this? Then arcsys messed up.

fv05.gif

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Im kinda salty they will make SSJ blue a separate character, so far in the series both Goku and Vegeta haven't shown any specific attack when they go blue, would have rather have them as a transformation or super attack and have SSJ3/4 Goku and SSJ 4 Vegeta/Majin Vegetta as different characters

I'm typically not a fan of the way DBZ games have a million different characters that are just the transformation, but I would be okay with just one variant like this if it's just base Goku and Vegeta and then Blue. It also can keep movesets more varied instead of having everyone have some sort of install move, which out of these 6 currently only Frieza has.

The base one is doing a lot already, doing stuff like SSJ3 in a super and all. Having Blue be a separate character is a more direct way to reference Super instead of confining it to just a move like that, and they have so many potential moves as-is this lets them split some over. Like I don't believe the base Goku has Spirit Bomb, or Vegeta having Galick Gun.

Dragner

My rooster prediction:

1. Adult Goku
2. Kid Goku(GT)
3. Vegeta
4. Future Trunks
5. Gotenks
6. Gojeta
7. Cell
8. Freezer
9. Piccolo
10. Majin Buu
11. Super Buu/Kid Buu
12. Bardock
13. Android 18
14. Adult Gohan(Super)
15. Kid Gohan
16. Broly
17. Beerus
18. Krilin
19. Hit
20. Black

They could add much more but this is some I think more chances of making it.

Giga Man

I think its fine, the tone Is way different for a lot of those guys.

The only character that showed up in dragonball that didn't show up in Z that I want is Arale, but that's because she would technically be a crossover character from Dr.Slump. Its the same reason I want Jaco, also because they would both be wacky faust type characters.

Oh, please use Arale, ArcSys. You know you want to.

dlauv

I'd really like to see them on deck chairs outside of Freeza's ship on Namek.

CryptiK

LMAO people think Cauli is flip a coin worth, she is a new character, we didnt even have Hit on release for XV2. Raditz has a much higher chance than her, was does everyone in the Who tier. Also why the fuck would Bardock be in the 99%.

I hope they clarify whether every character will stay true to the series or whether they're willing to just give some characters random shit so that they can be playable.

Would allow for more female representation besides Android 18, if nothing else.

CryptiK

I hope they clarify whether every character will stay true to the series or whether they're willing to just give some characters random shit so that they can be playable.

Would allow for more female representation besides Android 18, if nothing else.
It looks like they are staying pretty true. So Android 18 and Videl are you best and only real bets here.

It looks like they are staying pretty true. So Android 18 and Videl are you best and only real bets here.

I really hope they get rid of useless characters. It's going to be a rather limited roster, so I hope they aim for specific characters. No crap like Radditz/Nappa, Yamcha/Krillin or Ginyu's team.
I'm not against a 15 characters roster, but I want it to be meaningful.
3 key characters per era or so.
Basically, a good roster imo would be:
Goku, Vegeta, Young Gohan, Adult Gohan, Future Trunks, Gotenks, Frieza, Ginyu, Cell, 17, 18, Fat Buu, Kid Buu/Super Buu, Vegito, Janemba, Gogeta.

I would dare to say that we will not have any DBS characters/powers, since the game is inspired mostly by the Z era, apparently (At least initially)

But maybe Bamco wouldn't let the chance to promote DBS with this game drift away, who knows...

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I really hope they get rid of useless characters. It's going to be a rather limited roster, so I hope they aim for specific characters. No crap like Radditz/Nappa, Yamcha/Krillin or Ginyu's team.
Goku, Vegeta, Young Gohan, Adult Gohan, Future Trunks, Gotenks, Frieza, Ginyu, Cell, 17, 18, Fat Buu, Kid Buu/Super Buu, Vegito, Janemba, Gogeta.

There's no way Krillin would get cut, but I agree that a lot of the other stuff is likely to not make it if we're looking at a more limited roster. Then they just need to hit the obvious mainstay characters with one or two from different arcs.

Then it's mostly about what impact Super has on the roster regarding that.

you're out of your mind excluding Krillin

There's no way Krillin would get cut, but I agree that a lot of the other stuff is likely to not make it if we're looking at a more limited roster. Then they just need to hit the obvious mainstay characters with one or two from different arcs.

Then it's mostly about what impact Super has on the roster regarding that.

From Super, I'd take Beerus, Hit, Rosé and Fused Zamasu.

you're out of your mind excluding Krillin

No I'm not. I'd take Tien over Krillin anyday. At least, he has its own techniques (Taiyoken, Shin Kikoho). Krillin only exist for the Kienzan... which Frieza already covers in the game.

IMO, this roster must hit the following: Iconic/strong characters, Specific techniques/gameplay and for the last one, specific to Dragon Ball, especially with such good graphics, spectacle.

This game can't afford to have characters which never had a shiny moment in the anime.

Top Bottom