• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball FighterZ (PC/XB1/PS4, BN/ASW, UE4, early 2018, beta Sum 2017) E3 trailer

Big One

Banned
Hit is okay but Black can fuck off, no need to waste a slot on another clone.
Cell is going to be more of a clone than Goku Black based on the moves of characters alone. Goku Black doesn't use any of Goku's moves. He uses a dark kamehameha sort of but only the early days of him using Goku's body.

Any list should be putting Blue Goku and Vegeta in it cause you can be damn sure they're gonna be in one way or another, might as well take the safe route if they aren't installs like Golden Frieza.

cordy

Banned
There's a difference between thinking a good amount of Super characters will be in or not and hating Super. I love Super but I know that the only characters in the base game that'll probably be in the game will be Golden Freeza, Beerus, SSB Goku and SSB Vegeta. There's a difference between a character predictions list and a wish list. People who are saying they don't see Super characters in don't hate Super.

I just think that they'll save them for DLC and the eventual sequel. It's not like they'll say "ok we missed a lot of DBZ characters in the first game, let's put them in the next ones" or anything. It'll probably be 100% Super from the sequels on.

Basketball

Cell is going to be more of a clone than Goku Black based on the moves of characters alone. Goku Black doesn't use any of Goku's moves. He uses a dark kamehameha sort of but only the early days of him using Goku's body.
36dce331178b14dcb933c48b5475ff71.jpg

Balfour

Master Roshi and Hercule

We have got to talk

I like them too but ....

We know :(

Roshi's only chance is due to him getting his comeback from Ressurection of F and the new Super Arc (he still can't fly), but I still doubt he will make the cut. As long as frigging someone like Guldo gets in over him

and Hercule will only be in as a joke lol like he always is

Rue

This is very true, anyone saying Black is a clone fighter... Hasn't seen that arc at all. His moveset is perfect for this.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
"Echo Fox Justin Wong‏Verified account @JWonggg 23m23 minutes ago
More
Bruh the alternate costumes in Dragonball Fighters Z is too amazing...."

look at this fucking Bandai shill, he must be getting a nice check for this!

Big One

Banned
So in what capacity is Goku Black going to be a clone? Explain this to me please. What part of his move repertoire is going to turn him into a Goku clone compared to a character that is specifically made to reuse moves from other characters for storyline purposes? Goku Black doesn't move like Goku in the show, doesn't fight like Goku, doesn't use any of his moves, doesn't share his personality quirks, nothing. Because Goku Black
isn't Goku, he's Zamasu.

Fj0823

Any list should be putting Blue Goku and Vegeta in it cause you can be damn sure they're gonna be in one way or another, might as well take the safe route if they aren't installs like Golden Frieza.

I'm sure they'll be Installs for SS Goku.

We know he can go from normal SS to Blue.
843F2071DB91AD0CC4BB4F470603FA854374D624

cordy

Banned
"Echo Fox Justin Wong‏Verified account @JWonggg 23m23 minutes ago
More
Bruh the alternate costumes in Dragonball Fighters Z is too amazing...."

look at this fucking Bandai shill, he must be getting a nice check for this!

Nah, only getting a check from Capcom for MvCI.

What is this Goku Black about? I've only watched the episodes on Adult Swim and he didn't show up.

Villain from a later arc. I'm also wary of having clone characters on this roster, even in just looks, but I do think he deserves a spot. Despite how "cliche" the idea may seem, he was still a legitimately cool/fun character with a lot of things about him that makes his fighting style distinct from Goku's.

And the poor & brief showing of his ki scylthe in Super could be redeemed a bit in this game. It was a cool idea.

U trollin.

https://sakugabooru.com/post/show/32948

This is borderline movie quality

This is better than
when Freeza transformed in the film Resurrection F
. Super Spoilers.
http://i.imgur.com/z1DZoyD.gif

The average fight in Super as of this arc generally looks at least solid.
http://i.imgur.com/XdofcQ8.mp4
http://i.imgur.com/UPPfuDY.mp4
http://i.imgur.com/gB4HhyI.mp4
http://i.imgur.com/AS5mE10.mp4
http://i.imgur.com/Gc7gmPw.mp4
http://i.imgur.com/dN6sqjH.mp4

I don't have many gifs for the last few episodes though, I don't make them as much anymore and others tend to do it these days anyways.

dlauv

Villain from a later arc. I'm also wary of having clone characters on this roster, even in just looks, but I do think he deserves a spot. Despite how "cliche" the idea may seem, he was still a legitimately cool/fun character with a lot of things about him that makes his fighting style distinct from Goku's.

And the poor & brief showing of his ki scylthe in Super could be redeemed a bit in this game. It was a cool idea.

he isn't nearly as popular or iconic as Black, he can be the final boss as he's pretty much a JRPG final form boss

Yeah the scythe and hand sword are pretty good. And the color is nice. I am convinced.

Super Spoilers:
But what if fused Zamasu's intro was the hug into potara?
tumblr_oervc0Ib351qc9dlro1_500.gif

18a2d2ec1a601491b4bb2a7d1f71879934a593d9_hq.gif

Revised wishlist.

1. Goku
2. Vegeta
3. Frieza
4. Perfect Cell
5. Gohan
6. Majin Buu
7. Piccolo
8. Krillin
9. Future Trunks
10. Tien
11. Kid Buu
12. Ultimate Gohan
13. Android 18
14. Hercule
15. Beerus
16. Kid Goku
17. Master Roshi
18. Launch
19. Arale
20. Gotenks

If it's 24
21. Caulifia (I like the way she looks, but have no idea how she fights)
22. Bulma
23."
24. It doesn't really matter here No one else I really want."

I've only seen 4 episodes of Super.

Oh so they made another evil Goku? Is he better than the last one?

Come on the Janemba style portals are pretty dope.

There's room to include both into a single character.

Hell yeah. Mixing elements of Merged Zamasu from the manga & the anime would make the perfect incarnation of him. Now if Janemba is already in the game, the portal thing could be left out or used very sparingly, but you'd still have the monolith attacks.

Balfour

Here is my predicted roster. Based on what I think they will do and not what I want

1. SSJ Goku
2. SSB Goku
3. SSJ Vegeta
4. SSB Vegeta
5. SSJ2 Kid Gohan
6. Ultimate Gohan
7. Piccolo
8. Krillin
9. Beerus
10. Frieza
11. Cell
12. Majin buu
13. Kid Buu
14. 18
15. Broly
16. Bardock (fuck him but he is very popular)
17. Recoome
18. Ginyu
19. SSJ Future Trunks
20. SSJ Gotenks
21. Vegeto

Personally I would rather SSB to be a very high (like 7) bar transformation like Frieza than a character slot. Goku and Vegeta don't change fighting styles in those forms. Same for Trunk's Ikari form (if they give it for him)

My Personal List would
Remove Bardock and Recoome. Make SSB transformations if they have to have them in. Add in Tien, Yamcha, Nappa, Raditz (joking)

Jezan

I'm sure Bulma will be in as the joke character, she is too important to be left out (again).

I can't stand the sound fx, they are too loud and used so much, they should dial down their use, at least the one that plays whenever a character is thrown with a strong hit.

RefigeKru

Banned
U trollin.

https://sakugabooru.com/post/show/32948

This is borderline movie quality

Okay. I'm not trolling, I genuinely think in terms of animation and choreography (this might be just as important) what I've seen of Super is a clear step down.

I was already factoring this fight scene into my conclusion btw. Look at the clash at 0:11, jeez.

edit: To be clear, I'm not saying Super is bereft of good looking moments (my favourite being
goku reviving himself
) I far prefer the visualisation in DBZ, down to how the aura is shown, highlights and shadows, skybox, faces, background, the actual fights themselves...

Spman2099

If Super characters need to make it in, put one of the wolf people in for sure. At least they have cool designs.

Also, as much as the movies are all nonsense, so is Dragon Ball Z and Dragon Ball Super. So I wouldn't mind if Janemba and Cooler (nothing wrong with having Super Shredder in your DBZ game), who at least have cool designs, made it in.

Though, of course, I would want Dragon Ball characters to get priority. At least give us Tenshinhan and Yamcha.

Deep down inside their broken, little hearts every Dragon Ball Z fan secretly knows that Team Four Star made the series much, much better. The characters have more personality. The edited fight scenes help the action feel more immediate and far tighter. TFS took a very flat, very primitive story and made it far more interesting.

Dragon Ball Z Abridged is the series' final form. Give us that DLC.

Uh, have you ever watched or read Dragon Ball? Toriyama isn't known for his narrative, but excels at humor, characters, their interactions, and action. It's why the series is so well known and loved. The original Z anime was poorly paced, but Kai fixes that. Dragon Ball has always had elements of juvenile humor, but a lot of DBZA's material is cringe worthy. A lot of the members on TFS have talent in voice acting and video editing, but their writing is weak. I don't mind them getting voice work in the official English production, but keep their "humor" out of quality products like Fighterz. It can stay in Xenoverse, because that game is already made for the casual audience who loves shit like "pecking order", "muffin button", "crap baskets", etc.

caulifla_by_salvamakoto-dbah4t0.png

Code:
[IMG]https://pre12.deviantart.net/d2aa/th/pre/i/2017/044/a/c/la_chica_broly_by_salvamakoto-dayz74i.png[/IMG]

When the female characters are drawn in Z style they look fantastic.. however the super style is major disservice.

Exactly was is the "Z" style? Poorly saturated and blown out colors? This style doesn't look like anything Toriyama has ever drawn nor does it look like any of the cels used in any Dragon Ball production.

Basketball

alt Costumes

Goku
(Damaged Shirtless) (Gohan GI) (Shirtless GI) (Damaged GI)

maybe there is clothing destruction ?

Vegeta

(blue saiyan gear w/paudrons) (Dark cloth armor sleeveless) (Blue jumpsuit) (Pink Badman)

Future Trunks

(Jacket w Sword) (Saiyan/Bulma Gear) (Jacket No sleeves)

Piccolo
(Training Gear w Cape) (PostBoy)

Krillin
(Saiyan Gear)

Fj0823

alt Costumes

Goku
(Damaged Shirtless) (Gohan GI) (Shirtless GI) (Damaged GI)

maybe there is clothing destruction ?

Vegeta

(blue saiyan gear w/paudrons) (Dark cloth armor sleeveless) (Blue jumpsuit) (Pink Badman)

Future Trunks

(Jacket w Sword) (Saiyan/Bulma Gear) (Jacket No sleeves)

Piccolo
(Training Gear w Cape) (PostBoy)

Krillin
(Saiyan Gear)

There seems to be no alt costumes, just alt colors.

I complained about it earlier

Top Bottom