• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball FighterZ (PC/XB1/PS4, BN/ASW, UE4, early 2018, beta Sum 2017) E3 trailer

Shin

Banned
Interview with the producer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AszItxNkBVo
Also I did my part:
3a35fbcdb9.png

mcmmaster

fan fiction being done by the original author

and the only goku move Black uses is an evil Kamehameha

The man is clearly way out of his prime though. I don't know how anyone can take this stuff seriously, some of you legit saying to skip the first 30 episodes is embarrassing.

But he's far from a Goku clone, his personality and moveset are entirely different

He fights with an energy sword, an energy scythe and clones of himself

In what universe does a poor man's Piccolo like Pikkon has more potential for a unique moveset than him?

Cause it aint Universe 7

Because Pikkon is still a better character design than a villain that has the same face as Goku. Please don't come back at this saying Pikkon has the same face as Piccolo lol

I personally didn't care for any of the "Goku clone" characters until that one. Even Bardock, who is fine but I'm not a big fan of.

You consider Bardock a clone? But that's his daddy. I do find it weird in the Bardock movie Goku's twin brother Turles wasn't mentioned once. It comes across like he didn't think it through.

Balfour

alt Costumes

Goku
(Damaged Shirtless) (Gohan GI) (Shirtless GI) (Damaged GI)

maybe there is clothing destruction ?

Vegeta

(blue saiyan gear w/paudrons) (Dark cloth armor sleeveless) (Blue jumpsuit) (Pink Badman)

Future Trunks

(Jacket w Sword) (Saiyan/Bulma Gear) (Jacket No sleeves)

Piccolo
(Training Gear w Cape) (PostBoy)

Krillin
(Saiyan Gear)

Clothing destruction may be hard. If I remember correctly this style thanks a while to do for each unique costume as they have to animate every frame individually with adjusting light and shadows or whatever

its why GG doesn't even have old costumes. they just rather make recolors and put that time and effort into a new character

but I would still pay solid money for Badman shirt vegeta

Villain from a later arc. I'm also wary of having clone characters on this roster, even in just looks, but I do think he deserves a spot. Despite how "cliche" the idea may seem, he was still a legitimately cool/fun character with a lot of things about him that makes his fighting style distinct from Goku's.

And the poor & brief showing of his ki scylthe in Super could be redeemed a bit in this game. It was a cool idea.

I don't think you guys should be worried about clone characters when it comes to ArcSys.

Look at Ky Kiske and Robo-Ky. They share some moves, but they each play radically different from one another.

Even Order Sol from GG:AC played radically different from Sol Badguy.

Balfour

The man is clearly way out of his prime though.

Bruh this is the man who claims he forgot Saiyan tails were a thing when he made kid trunks and goten.

Toriyama has bee off his rocker for a long longer than Super.

I mean he does write Super in pretty much cliff notes and then give them to Toei and Toyotaro (manga guy) to fill in the gaps. Its why the manga has done a few things completely different than the anime. Because he can't be bothered to fully write and instead says both are canon to his series jsut ebcause his notes are still technically right lol

Fj0823

Blue hair has been around since day one though, haha.

Incorrect, it was purple hair, then changed to Blue.

Then left as purple for the character who's main trait in the manga is having the same hair color as her mother whose hair color was changed to Blue

Then Toriyama tries to give blue hair to the kid version of the character in the series relaunch movie so that bit fits his original idea. Is ignored.

Then when he finally gets the other version of the character to have the same hair color as his mother, everyone gets confused because the kid version still has purple hair.

Hair is srs bsns

Big One

Banned
Because Pikkon is still a better character design than a villain that has the same face as Goku. Please don't come back at this saying Pikkon has the same face as Piccolo lol
Hrm I would say Pikkon is better designed by Black is easily the better character. Nozawa's execution of the concept as well as his backstory being fairly fleshed out brings a lot to what could've otherwise been a mediocre evil Goku storyline. I wouldn't mind Pkkon either but I think canon + popularity should reign supreme in picking roster choices.

I don't think you guys should be worried about clone characters when it comes to ArcSys.

Look at Ky Kiske and Robo-Ky. They share some moves, but they each play radically different from one another.

Oh I'm not really. My main concern still just clones "in look". So having SSJ Goku, then SSB Goku (who I assume will probably be his own character), Goku Black, and mayyybe Bardock at some point? Hmm

Put in the Super Dragonball Z(video game) version of Chi Chi with the power pole and the bansho fan, I want a power pole and she saves 18 from the massive sausage fest.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
This is quickly becoming my most anticipated game of the near future..it looks so damn fun.

But why is he identical? Also why cats always feel the need to mention that the move's aren't canon? Negro, I know.

The explanation given in the movie was that the hair style was common among low class Saiyans.
Mentioning that Turles isn't canon is important because you said it was weird that he wasn't mentioned in Father of Goku. Father of Goku isn't a movie, and despite not being from Toriyama they tried to position it as actually being part of the story, unlike the movies.

Mister Wolf

Gold Member
Uh, have you ever watched or read Dragon Ball? Toriyama isn't known for his narrative, but excels at humor, characters, their interactions, and action. It's why the series is so well known and loved. The original Z anime was poorly paced, but Kai fixes that. Dragon Ball has always had elements of juvenile humor, but a lot of DBZA's material is cringe worthy. A lot of the members on TFS have talent in voice acting and video editing, but their writing is weak. I don't mind them getting voice work in the official English production, but keep their "humor" out of quality products like Fighterz. It can stay in Xenoverse, because that game is already made for the casual audience who loves shit like "pecking order", "muffin button", "crap baskets", etc.

Exactly was is the "Z" style? Poorly saturated and blown out colors? This style doesn't look like anything Toriyama has ever drawn nor does it look like any of the cels used in any Dragon Ball production.

They want Kale, Cabba, and Cauli to be thicker.

Put in the Super Dragonball Z(video game) version of Chi Chi with the power pole and the bansho fan, I want a power pole and she saves 18 from the massive sausage fest.
Co-signed 100%. Chi-Chi in SDBZ is great. She also used Nimbus.

Since this game is all about teams of 3, there has to be at least 3 female characters.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
Oh I'm not really. My main concern still just clones "in look". So having SSJ Goku, then SSB Goku (who I assume will probably be his own character), Goku Black, and mayyybe Bardock at some point? Hmm

Yeah this is what i meant with Black as clone. We are apparently getting Goku SSB and Vegeta SSB as separate characters already.

Basketball

Female characters minus Super

Videl (what would be her super)
Bulma ??? joke character
Dodoria ???
Zangya
Princess Snake
Pan (hell no)
Launch
Mrs. Briefs
Chi Chi

Rutger

Banned
Hair is srs bsns

Since you have a Yu-Gi-Oh avatar, I know I can trust you on this.

Yeah, I knew about the confusing hair color changes behind the scenes, I just think it silly when people act like blue hair is odd when most are used to anime Bulma.

Ah I see. If Arc did clones, I have faith that theyd be able to present them in a way where they are obviously different, through their neutral stance.

Big One

Banned
We're getting Kale and Caulifla in this game eventually. Not a question of if, but when. Probably will be DLC or one of those Arc System Works updated re-releases they like to do. Their popularity is huge in the community and they only debut a couple of episodes ago, and the producer of the game has already cited Caulifla as his fav character in all of Dragon Ball. The lesbian Saiyans are coming and there's nothing you can do about it!

nhbIOaY.jpg

And Cabba too...maybe.

Balfour

I don't want the universe 6 saiyans. Not that I don't like them, but we could do with less saiyans imo

also Kale will probably just be a true Broly clone, even in the anime (she already is pretty much) so at best they should just make her a premium skin to pick for Broly

I don't want the universe 6 saiyans. Not that I don't like them, but we could do with less saiyans imo

also Kale will probably just be a true Broly clone, even in the anime (she already is pretty much) so at best they should just make her a premium skin to pick for Broly

I'm sure Kale will do enough original stuff in the tournament to make a moveset off of.

Big One

Banned

I have a feeling Kale will end up being a reverse of the Broli situation as in she starts out as a berserker, but learns to temper herself and control it. There's already art of her "normal" state in the wild and while she's still jacked she just looks like a buff SSJ2 of sorts.

Piers

But why is he identical?
I think design wise, he was suppose to be a parallel to Goku if he hadn't hit his head as a baby, but the movie never actually explores that concept. The only thing the movie does to explain it is Turles saying that there were a lot of similar looking low-class Saiyan warriors.

Fandangox

I think Bulma has a realistuc chance she is a very important character and depending on how much freedom ASW got I could see them wanting to go crazy on a character they could create themselves. Give her a mech, some Ironman shit.

Big One

Banned
I think Bulma has a realistuc chance she is a very important character and depending on how much freedom ASW got I could see them wanting to go crazy on a character they could create themselves. Give her a mech, some Ironman shit.
I know it's unrealistic but I've always wanted Bulma and Lunch playable in a DB game using guns in their movesets and other cool shit. If Mr. Satan is playable in these games why not?

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Uh, have you ever watched or read Dragon Ball? Toriyama isn't known for his narrative, but excels at humor, characters, their interactions, and action. It's why the series is so well known and loved. The original Z anime was poorly paced, but Kai fixes that. Dragon Ball has always had elements of juvenile humor, but a lot of DBZA's material is cringe worthy. A lot of the members on TFS have talent in voice acting and video editing, but their writing is weak. I don't mind them getting voice work in the official English production, but keep their "humor" out of quality products like Fighterz. It can stay in Xenoverse, because that game is already made for the casual audience who loves shit like "pecking order", "muffin button", "crap baskets", etc.

Exactly was is the "Z" style? Poorly saturated and blown out colors? This style doesn't look like anything Toriyama has ever drawn nor does it look like any of the cels used in any Dragon Ball production.

I agree to an extent. I think it's all cringey worthy, the forced memes don't helped either.

Top Bottom