• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super coming to Toonami

Status
Not open for further replies.

munchie64

CzGGcsEXAAExKqP.jpg
Yessss!

Double the Dragon Ball.

There was some doubt, but I knew Adult Swim would pull through and nab this.

However, back-to-back DB hour is going to tick some people off.

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
not everyone has seen the movies, and it will be a decent way to air them on tv and pull in weekly ratings.

they aren't that bad, I actually prefer the second movie in tv form because of the addition a certain character.

beyond that the animation will be better for this airing than it was in japan.
RoF retelling was an abomination. Beerus saga wasn't bad though.

im just impatient lol

They'll be using the Blu-Ray animation I assume?

Toad.T

Banned
Times like these are which I wish we had Toonami on our CN/AS up here. Because you know the other broadcasters won't even bat an eye.

Slaythe

So wait, they don't take break between seasons ?

And who decides what is a season ?

Once again, my OCD is bothered by them cutting the arc one episode short.

So wait, they don't take break between seasons ?

And who decides what is a season ?

Once again, my OCD is bothered by them cutting the arc one episode short.

The season is decided by however they decide to cut it. Season 1 here is just Volumes 1 and 2 of the Japanese home releases. And no, they don't take breaks.

Jesus, 8pm is really early.

As I understand it, Adult Swim had been repeating the previous week's Dragon Ball Kai episode at 8pm on a Saturday. With this, I assume that they're now going to be showing Super initially at that slot, and then again as the lead for Toonami proper.

ckohler

So is the 8pm showing going to be a part of a more traditional Toonami block or is it just a special airtime for Super only?
Special time slot. They've done this before showing reruns if Kai before Toonami starts.

This time, it looks like Super will premier at 8 before Toonami and then rerun at 11:30 to start the Toonami block.

As I understand it, Adult Swim had been repeating the previous week's Dragon Ball Kai episode at 8pm on a Saturday. With this, I assume that they're now going to be showing Super initially at that slot, and then again as the lead for Toonami proper.

They don't air two episodes of Kai anymore. Adult Swim opens with King of the Hill at 5 pacific-8 eastern and then Toonami starts at 9 pacific-12 easter with Kai. Super will now be taking the opening slot from King of the Hill as well as taking the Family Guy slot before Kai.

can i watch this online at all? or is it TV only? Sorry i am out of the loop due to not owning a tv for some time

Funimation will probably add the dub version on their streaming website when it airs.

While Crunchyroll has all the current episodes of the sub on their site.

LordOfChaos

Ah, conflict. This is one of the situations where I actually like the English voices better (Just not used to Goku as an 80 year old woman...), but I also don't want to go months without watching the newest episodes for the english one to get caught up.

Lucreto

Is there anyway to watch this on the UK?

Cartoon Network in the UK used to show the old series but switched channels so I never got to see the buu saga.

I don't think CN will show it now.

Kalentan

These three for the Buu Saga...

FAKE CELL Wally West
FAKE MR. SATAN Jay Garrick
FAKE GOKU Bart Allen

I really doubt it.... Any chance this is TeamFourStar? It wouldn't be the first time they've done DBZ official stuff (Resurrection F and Xenoverse 1 and 2), and it would explain the use of fake names.

These three for the Buu Saga...

I really doubt it.... Any chance this is TeamFourStar? It wouldn't be the first time they've done DBZ official stuff (Resurrection F and Xenoverse 1 and 2), and it would explain the use of fake names.
It's possible and I could see Sabat doing it after letting them in Xenoverse 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom