• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT4| Official Subs Now Simulcast Weekly (Check FAQ For Details)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bowl0l

I don't think Vegeta cared all that much about Nappa. And he never struck me as the type that just followed Vegetas orders, when told to wait for 3 hours he got impatient and went to destroy some citys, he enjoys desruction. (that might have been anime filler, can't remember if he left or not to go destroy things to kill time in the manga)
Nappa didn't destroy cities during the 3 hours waiting period in the manga.

Lamel

Banned
Random thought: Why doesn't Vegeta revive Nappa... They have used the Dragon Balls to revive their friends several times now. Pretty mean of him not to. I mean, I can understand why you wouldn't revive Raditz, he was cruel down to his core, but Nappa pretty much just followed Vegeta's command. I'm sure Vegeta could tell him how things are now and he would join them.

Vegeta also killed him, so that would be pretty awkward.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
did not realize that, lol

jpn Dokkan is nuts rn

Yes, yes it is:

CvmHfG3UkAEmxIe.jpg

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
oh my gah dude, nice. did you get that from your tickets? i didn't get anything good.

dragon stone avalanche eases the pain

Ended up with (SSRs):
Bardock (Oozaru)
INT SSJG Goku
INT SSJ Goku
PHY Kid Buu
Raditz (Oozaru)

Bought the new Great Saiyaman with Baba Points and snagged the two free Arale-chan cards.

Not bad, all in all.

I wish the RoF outfits never left. That was the one great thing about Super.
Not looking forward to fusion either
. I just want the time skip and End of Z at this point. No more retreads.

Is it a fact that the next arc is a space tournament or are fans just guessing? If it will happen then I hope we have something like the Otherworld tournament mixed with some of the personal or external stakes found in the World Martial Arts' ones.

In general, yes I would very much like a time skip so that we get some "grounded" action/story with the z-fighters back on earth.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Is it a fact that the next arc is a space tournament or are fans just guessing? If it will happen then I hope we have something like the Otherworld tournament mixed with some of the personal or external stakes found in the World Martial Arts' ones.

In general, yes I would very much like a time skip so that we get some "grounded" action/story with the z-fighters back on earth.

It's just speculation. I too would like a more grounded story focusing on present day Earth.

Real Hero

well we know there's going to be another universal tournament we just don't know when

Astral Dog

Was thinking about the new Arc.

W
Any idea what would you guys like it to be? The anticipated and implied Zen O tournament arc on the multiverse, or something involving U6 and the Saiyans, Hit, Frost, traveling to their planets etc.

Could be with clearly defined threat like Goku Black or not an evil villain and slightly more lighthearted.

Or something new?

Tsunamo

I'd like a universe 6 visit arc. Coming off of this arc i'm not sure if I want something laidback or serious, but I just personally hope they don't jump to the multiverse tournament straight after this.

I'm glad Toriyama's still on board though. Whatever he cooks up i'm sure i'll enjoy it.

Also a random thought on the multiverse tournament, but what if we got something along the lines of a tag team universe team tournament from it? So Goku, Vegeta, Hit and Cabba pairup as universe 6/7's team and likewise for the remaining universes. Would be a nice way to feelike we'd have universe 6 on the maincast while not having to go to their universe.
Nappa didn't destroy cities during the 3 hours waiting period in the manga.
Thanks for checking that for me.

He still strikes me as a guy who enjoys destruction though (as most saiyans did, though Toriyama's gone a bit softer on that now) and probably wouldn't change his ways without a huge amount of character development, which yeah I don't think there's any room for that now lol.
That GT clip with Nappa is making me laugh because Vegeta looks like a completely different person there.
Family man Vegeta in GT is the most i've enjoyed his character honestly. But yeah it is hilarious if you compare him to Super.

Plus we got the glorious mustached Vegeta from Toriyama.

Real Hero

I hope none of the side characters go to the tournament this time only the fighters. Then Jaco can take them holiday to a crazy planet or something where they have their own thing going on.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I'd like a universe 6 visit arc. Coming off of this arc i'm not sure if I want something laidback or serious, but I just personally hope they don't jump to the multiverse tournament straight after this.

I'm glad Toriyama's still on board though. Whatever he cooks up i'm sure i'll enjoy it.

Also a random thought on the multiverse tournament, but what if we got something along the lines of a tag team universe team tournament from it? So Goku, Vegeta, Hit and Cabba pairup as universe 6/7's team and likewise for the remaining universes. Would be a nice way to feelike we'd have universe 6 on the maincast while not having to go to their universe.Thanks for checking that for me.

He still strikes me as a guy who enjoys destruction though (as most saiyans did, though Toriyama's gone a bit softer on that now) and probably wouldn't change his ways without a huge amount of character development, which yeah I don't think there's any room for that now lol. Family man Vegeta in GT is the most i've enjoyed his character honestly. But yeah it is hilarious if you compare him to Super.

Plus we got the glorious mustached Vegeta from Toriyama.

Visiting planet Salad is a must. Maybe even universe 6's Namek.

Only having Goku and Vegeta competing from Universe 7 seems like a horrible and boring idea.

guek

Banned
I don't want a time skip but I do want kid Trunks to ask Vegeta to take him into the RoSaT for a year, maybe longer.

It feels like kid Trunks is finally starting to grow up. I don't know how they'd fix Goten though. He's gonna grow up to follow in Gohan's footsteps.

Kneefoil

I can't decide whether it would be sad or funny, if the reason they haven't done the time skip turns out to be that they plan to end Super at the End of Z tournament.

And then make the Pilaf gang old again, and give the characters a BS reason to no longer use God ki, so GT could still potentially fit into the canon.

I mean, I want to see a continuation from EoZ, but at the same time, the fan backlash might be fun to watch, if they were to pull that off.

Ishida

Banned
I can't decide whether it would be sad or funny, if the reason they haven't done the time skip turns out to be that they plan to end Super at the End of Z tournament.

And then make the Pilaf gang old again, and give the characters a BS reason to no longer use God ki, so GT could still potentially fit into the canon.

I mean, I want to see a continuation from EoZ, but at the same time, the fan backlash might be fun to watch, if they were to pull that off.

There are way too many conflicting events for Super and GT to be in the same timeline. Pilaf didn't even recognize Goku in GT, and Mai had to remind him that Goku was that boy who foiled their plans many years ago.

And that's just one of many.

guek

Banned

The problem with that is there's no reason Goku should be excited about fighting a reincarnated Majin Buu

Oh man I really, really want them to move on from Xenoverse and try something more akin to the PS2 tenkashi DBZ games

at least in combat and art style instead of this overly glossy idea they are doing right now

NeonZ

The reason Toriyama gave for sticking with this period, back during Battle of Gods, was that some of the characters, like Bulma and Kuririn, looked too old by End of Z. I guess that hasn't really changed.

They haven't shown any interest in using the Dragonballs to "fix" their age though, which is the only scenario that could lead to something like that.

Goku was always excited about Uub's potential, even before Super was made. Uub was never stronger than Goku in the manga. That's why he went to train him.

NandoGip

Oh man I really, really want them to move on from Xenoverse and try something more akin to the PS2 tenkashi DBZ games

at least in combat and art style instead of this overly glossy idea they are doing right now

Have you played XV2? The gameplay is pretty deep, at least in comparison to DB games as a whole.

Check this video out of what some high level players are doing already, and the game has barely been out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVti8lNQv8k

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom