• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT4| Official Subs Now Simulcast Weekly (Check FAQ For Details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was thinking about the new Arc.

W
Any idea what would you guys like it to be? The anticipated and implied Zen O tournament arc on the multiverse, or something involving U6 and the Saiyans, Hit, Frost, traveling to their planets etc.

Could be with clearly defined threat like Goku Black or not an evil villain and slightly more lighthearted.

Or something new?

Possibly something that involves the U10 GoD

I hope Zamasu & Black's fusion name is Zack

dhMeAzK.gif

Skeeter49

One thing that was annoying in this episode was Goku going, "oh, he is immortal after all",after a hit that wouldn't kill anyone. Besides that, how much proof do you need that he's immortal before you accept he's immortal?

Trunks trying to blow himself up, while a bad ass scene, was also pretty lacking in logic.

NandoGip

Anyone playing XV2? I'm enjoying it. I need to get better at all these different ways of attacking and dashing and dodging. QQ Bang system looks very promising but I barely understand how it works.

olympia

gotenks getting Told is something I really needed but right now what I actually need is more gotenks and I never thought i'd ever say that

So there used to be 18 Universes....

Twin universes are universes whose assigned numbers add up to 13.

So how did it work when there were 18 universes? Universes 13 - 18 can't add up to 13.

Zero-ELEC

Banned
So there used to be 18 Universes....

Twin universes are universes whose assigned numbers add up to 13.

So how did it work when there were 18 universes? Universes 13 - 18 can't add up to 13.
Well, they probably renumbered them, but I assumed that there universes used to be triplets. So there numbering scheme had to have been different.

So Beerus/Champa & Whis/Vados had another sibling? Now that's fun to think about.

I'm trying to think of how the math with the adding of universes would work. Hmmm

1 + 18 + 9 = 28

2 + 17 + 8 = 27

fuck

Protome

Given how tied to the world the afterlife seems to be did Zeno also destroy the afterlife for each universe? That's pretty hardcore if so.

1 + 2 + 9 = 12

3 + 4 + 5 = 12

6 + 7 + 8 = 21.... ok

I was working with numbers 1-9 because that's easier to deal with than 1-18, and I'd assume that could be scaled up...

Now I'm trying to find some kind of equation for how it works currently with the twin universes adding up to 13.

(12+11+10+9+8+7+6+5+4+3+2+1)/12*2

(78/12)*2

(6.5)*2 = 13

Ok, now I can probably apply this to 9 universes with triplets...

((9+8+7+6+5+4+3+2+1)/9)*3

(45/9)*3

(5)*3 = 15

So my goal is to get 3 sets of 3 numbers from 1-9 that add up to 15.

1+9+5 = 15

2+6+7 = 15

3+4+8 = 15

It works! So, now to the final act.

((18+17+16+15+14+13+12+11+10+9+8+7+6+5+4+3+2+1)/18)*3

(171/18)*3

(9.5)*3 = 28.5.......

Welp. Triplet universes existing pre Zeno tantrum = #DECONFIRMED

janoDX

So I read some news about Super and the series is so popular in Japan that they are keeping it through 2017 and 2018. Yes, 2 years of new content.

"We still haven't decided how many chapters [Super] will last, but we know it will be around 200 episodes. At first there were talks about 100 and best case scenario 150 and now finally after good results, narrative and fan support around the world we decided to extend the series through 2017."

"The future Trunks saga will give us an ending of that story that will be in the talk of everyone"

-Akio Iyoku, Shueisha

Prepare for more stories.

So I read some news about Super and the series is so popular in Japan that they are keeping it through 2017 and 2018. Yes, 2 years of new content.

AT's gonna get tired of having to come up with plot outlines he probably writes on toilet paper, gonna need an Evolution sequel to piss him off again.

LaNaranja

Have they said why Crunchy Roll doesn't have the first 50 or so episodes, and if/when they will be getting them? I don't want to jump in 3 seasons in. :/

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Have they said why Crunchy Roll doesn't have the first 50 or so episodes, and if/when they will be getting them? I don't want to jump in 3 seasons in. :/

They started to by localizing the current arc, and are going to be translating older episodes in weekly batches of about 10, starting next week.

Merc_

lol at fan support around the world. It would be much easier to support the franchise if y'all would quit holding up the english dub.

C'mon Toei, cut the shit already...

Real Hero

Like very soon I think, in the mean time you can watch the extended versions of the two most recent movies and jump in at ep 28

Tsunamo

Trunks trying to blow himself up, while a bad ass scene, was also pretty lacking in logic.
If you count GT we've had this scenerio occur 3/4 times and everytime it's been a bad idea.

Vegeta sacrifice however was noble and great character development for him. Come to think of it I forget how many fantastic moments the Buu saga had even though it was Toriyama getting towards the end of Dragon Ball and wanting to wrap it up.
I hope Zamasu & Black's fusion name is Zack
Is that why he's gonna be dead soon?

Zack Fair joke if folks don't get it
The biggest missed opportunity of this arc. I wanted to see his reaction. :(
I really want a scenerio where at the end of the arc Goku walks into a door and Goten walksout. Slice of life episode or not, there's so much potentional to turn that into a hilarious scene.

With that said though at least we might see his reaction to fusion this arc if it does happen.
It's driving me crazy that everyone is posting their impressions. Can't wait till Friday.
I feel your pain. It doesn't release in Australia till Friday even on consoles, it's so hard hearing everyones impressions and having to wait still.

Weird that Japan gets it last though.

I guess this would explain the new department but where's the comment from? I can't find that specific comment anywhere, and I'd honestly be really suprised if they had a specific episode count personally. I'd think it'd just be ongoing until Toei or Toriyama finally decide to give Dragon Ball a rest again. Hopefully though if this is a proper comment it just basically means they're extending the series aslong as it continues to be popular and merchandise continues to sell. (Toriyama being on board for a long time would be nice also)
They started to by localizing the current arc, and are going to be translating older episodes in weekly batches of about 10, starting next week.
So going by that it should take roughly 4-5 weeks to catchup if i've got my math right. (adding onto what you said)
Here comes Xenoverse Trunks.
I'd prefer they just keep him out of it honestly. If DIMPS wants to setup Super Trunks as a time patrol Trunks origin story for Xenoverse 2/3 that's fine with me, but I feel most of like that stuff really should be kept out of Super. (though I still don't mind some of the concepts that cameabout from it and online, like the post-end of z stories and wouldn't mind something like that for the end of Super, though maybe a bit changed up a bit)

I'd just love Trunks to finally get the happy ending the poor guy deserves.

The first 45 or so eps will be released in batches of 10 over the next few weeks.

The reason WHY this is the case is "because Toei" - IIRC Jojos went up in one batch, for example, as did the heritage series they have like CCS and Sailor Moon.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer

Hopefully we can get some more original content going forward. And more character relevancy/progression rather than the current status quo.

Sounds made up. Super will continue as long as it makes money obviously, but Toei won't put numbers on how many years they currently plan to do as there is no way they have any solid numbers for how long Super will go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom