• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT5| Zenophobia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I the only one that noticed U11 has been getting a TON of screen time lately? Even more so then U9 and 6. Are they being set up for another major role? None of the other Universes have had any development. Only U11 has gotten any sort of development.

U11 is going to rage stomp.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Am I the only one that noticed U11 has been getting a TON of screen time lately? Even more so then U9 and 6. Are they being set up for another major role? None of the other Universes have had any development. Only U11 has gotten any sort of development.

J U S T I C E

HardRojo

I love Clown GoD (Vermouth?), but I want to see more personality in him.

Skeeter49

Gohan's going to become the main character after this arc of Super, after he moves to Universe 11 with his father Piccolo, and we get our Great Saiyaman series we were promised in the Buu saga, with Pan the Great Saiyadaughter.

Maybe because the other teams already wasted their cards

HeroR

Toriyama was lazy and/or forgot that the other universes were suppose to have more kais.

Also Super has written Shin like he's some newbie Supreme Kai even though we know he's been on the job for thousands of years.

Toriyama didn't forget since he reread the manga when he wrote Battle of Gods. also, Shin was treated as a newbie in Z and Old Kai called him inexperience. Thousands of years means nothing to beings who live millions of years.

Definitely. Beerus & Whis are the only characters I think the dub does better, though.

And? What'd you think? You can join us in this thread over here now that you're caught up!

Pretty dang entertaining. It's impressive what they've managed to accomplish with that series.

Also further reminded me of why I think none of the arcs in Super have really touched the main arcs in Z. Well except maybe the Saiyan Saga. Frieza & Cell saga are too good.

I didn't watch it just because I was sick and had time btw. It had a lot to do with those Cell Games crossover videos. It wasn't until the 3rdish one when I figured out that was supposed to be part of the abridged canon, and that the latest actual abridged episode left off right before it. Thought it was a really cool way to handle that. (And I have a friend who talks about it a lot)

brinstar

I'm rooting for them tbh

Goku must be stopped

Baleoce

That justice schtick is gonna get real old real quick if it's a U11 clan thing and not just a Toppo thing.

I wonder if the Female Broly character left U6 for U11, or whether there are actually Saiyans outside of U6/7. I'd be surprised if it was the latter tbh. I always imagined since they revealed the paired universe stuff that the races and planets were unique to those twinned.

Toriyama didn't forget since he reread the manga when he wrote Battle of Gods. also, Shin was treated as a newbie in Z and Old Kai called him inexperience. Thousands of years means nothing to beings who live millions of years.

Well he's been a kaioshin for at least 5 million years, since Buu was ressurected 5 million years ago

Speaking of Buu though, I've never really thought about it before, but what exactly is he? Where did he come from? He's been about since time immemorial so he might even be an older being than Beerus or kaioshin.

These are answers we'll never get lol

Well he's been a kaioshin for at least 5 million years, since Buu was ressurected 5 million years ago

Speaking of Buu though, I've never really thought about it before, but what exactly is he? Where did he come from? He's been about since time immemorial so he might even be an older being than Beerus or kaioshin.

These are answers we'll never get lol

Considering how much Super likes to tie things back to DB and Z I wouldn't be surprised if at some point we got something that dealt with the origins of Buu.

ElFly

Why didn't Beerus die then when the Supreme Kai died but GoD of U10 did when Gowasu died even though Zamasu was still alive

even if you don't believe my theory, the answer is: the old supreme kai was absorbed by Buu, he wasn't killed. Someone (probably Whis?) somehow transferred the bond to Shin

Zamasu was only an apprentice, and was only a full supreme kaiohshin when Gowasu lent him the earring to time travel

edit: reddit has a different opinion tho; Beerus is life linked to ALL the kaiohshin of U7; as long as one is still alive, he lives. dunno what support there is for this but is also a possibility I guess

caliph95

even if you don't believe my theory, the answer is: the old supreme kai was absorbed by Buu, he wasn't killed. Someone (probably Whis?) somehow transferred the bond to Shin

Zamasu was only an apprentice, and was only a full supreme kaiohshin when Gowasu lent him the earring to time travel

edit: reddit has a different opinion tho; Beerus is life linked to ALL the kaiohshin of U7; as long as one is still alive, he lives. dunno what support there is for this but is also a possibility I guess
I'm more inclined to reddit's theory it also explains why they were multiple supreme kai's and i guess the only one that matters will be the Grand Supreme kai

Only villian I'd want to come back is Dabra. He's got a rich backstory and is bad fucking ass. Most underutilized character in the series. Dude should have had his own saga so we can explore the Demon Realm and their hierarchy of the Gods.

HeroR

Only villian I'd want to come back is Dabra. He's got a rich backstory and is bad fucking ass. Most underutilized character in the series. Dude should have had his own saga so we can explore the Demon Realm and their hierarchy of the Gods.

What back story? He was called King of the Demon Realm and nothing else. He doesn't have a story.

Dude should have had his own saga so we can explore the Demon Realm and their hierarchy of the Gods.

That's what the video games are for.

Him
5uoyMHSl.png

His sister
PcDMcp9l.png

His nephew
h5kB5kbl.png

His grandfather
xlPHefFl.png

His god
FgyZKmNl.jpg

What back story? He was called King of the Demon Realm and nothing else. He doesn't have a story.

The Demon Realm needs to be explored in the official canon. I would love to see how he became the King and what the Demon Realm actually is. What kind of species live there, what the planets are like etc. Thats way more of a backstory than the Androids or Cell, I'll go as far and say that he has a better backstory than Buu.

The shape and purple areas are basically the same. The only changes I see of any significance is part of what should also be purple is partly gold and those orbs on the shin armor, the Arm armor, and the chest.

Golden Freeza has jewels on his chest, arms and legs, Cooler doesn't. Feeza has a different chest and different legs and a different head.

FStubbs

Toriyama was lazy and/or forgot that the other universes were suppose to have more kais.

Also Super has written Shin like he's some newbie Supreme Kai even though we know he's been on the job for thousands of years.

Late bump but in terms of Kaioushins ... isn't he a newbie? Even the old Kai in the sword made him look like a newbie back in DBZ.

Zolo

How old was Uub at the end of DBZ, how old would he be now?

According to the DB wiki, he should be 7 now, and he was 10 at the end of DBZ.

I'd say calling him lazy on this is disingenuous. He made a purposeful decision to have one supreme kai for each universe to reduce the number of characters and gives each universe a more identifiable set of characters knowing what was the case back in Z.

Late bump but in terms of Kaioushins ... isn't he a newbie? Even the old Kai in the sword made him look like a newbie back in DBZ.
Ywzen56.gif

BUMmZtZ.gif

RR6cmvp.gif

He was stated to be youngest when all the other Kaioushin were killed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom