• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT5| Zenophobia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mokujin

This episode was so,so bad. Also dissapointed that they dindn't give something like 3 months till the tourney so each fighter got to have some special training for it.

ElFly

The Kais are supposed to be hand off with mortals. That was the heart of the conflict in the Future Trunks Saga with Zamasu.

Well, that's the view Shin and Gowasu share, but we don't know if it is the -lol- universal approach

maybe the 4 excepted universes had kaiohshins that are very immersed in their universes' culture

...and hopefully with more than 28 planets with intelligent life

Daingurse

Vegeta already has a gun

He pretty much has the Spirit Gun:

dgb%2Bvegeta%2Bspirit%2Bgun.gif

Did he only do this once? I wanna see this technique and the DnD Fireball again lol.

well that's one way to explain the Fermi paradox (oh wait, they are actually being visited by aliens all the time!, lol), and tell Drake's equation to go fuck itself, hahaha.

BDZ universe is probably based on some ancient cosmology mysticism and roughly bigger than our Milky Way, if not smaller.

Why is having 28 planets so limiting? Earth and Namek are just two, and look how long it took to explore those! :p

Going by the 28 planets. What do we have left? I added GT and some filler planets that should still all be around because its post Frieza.

1) Earth
2) New Namek
3) Yardrat
4) Weird planet with the Geomon charcters
5) Porfu (Filler)
6) Frieza's home planet
7) Yakon's planet
8) Pui Pui's planet
9) Monaka's planet
10) Fake Namek (Filler)
11) M-2 (GT Filler)
12) Ludd (GT Filler)
13) Hera (Movie 9 Filler)

This is not counting the Demon Realm. Not sure if the Demon Realm is an evil version with the same scope and size as Universe 7. There still seems to be a lot of planets left even if you count GT and all the fillers.

Daingurse

Damn vegeta was a goddamn savage on namek.

Yeah, he really was. Still my favorite characterization of Vegeta, because he was so damn cunning on Namek. He was the villain you wanted to root for. Him stealing the Dragon Balls from Frieza's ship is one of the best moments in the entire franchise.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Going by the 28 planets. What do we have left? I added GT and some filler planets that should still all be around because its post Frieza.

1) Earth
2) New Namek
3) Yardrat
4) Weird planet with the Geomon charcters
5) Porfu (Filler)
6) Frieza's home planet
7) Yakon's planet
8) Pui Pui's planet
9) Monaka's planet
10) Fake Namek (Filler)
11) M-2 (GT Filler)
12) Ludd (GT Filler)
13) Hera (Movie 9 Filler)

This is not counting the Demon Realm. Not sure if the Demon Realm is an evil version with the same scope and size as Universe 7. There still seems to be a lot of planets left even if you count GT and all the fillers.

What's the planet that Beerus blew in half at the start of Super?

Champa was also going around destroying planets in U7 looking for the super dragonballs. Don't know if any of them had intelligent life though.

Slaythe

Earth is stated to be extremely tiny.

So that map is probably not indicative of the scale of those planets.

Oh yeah i see them now, super tiny on my phone screen

Wonder if it was conscious foreshadowing or a coincidence

Well neither.

They just went back and settled down on that number since they made it for FnF.

Coincidentally picking that number defies the odds :p .

And it's from a movie that states "frieza planet 448" is giving them trouble. So not sure about the foreshadowing. But it's very possible the frieza outposts don't count as worlds.

ZealousD

Too late to star asking for their cosmology to make any sense. Remember there is a giant snake road in the underworld and whatnot. DB 7th universe may as well lie on top of a giant turtle. Big it isn't.

Just because there's 28 planets with intelligence life on them doesn't mean the universe isn't big. Maybe it's just a really pessimistic solution to the Drake equation where you have to have thousands of galaxies to get a single one that can support intelligent life.

HeroR

Well, that's the view Shin and Gowasu share, but we don't know if it is the -lol- universal approach

maybe the 4 excepted universes had kaiohshins that are very immersed in their universes' culture

...and hopefully with more than 28 planets with intelligent life

Why would Gowasu make up a rule that is only for his universe? Especially when he called Zamasu's view point 'talking like a God of Destruction'. He even told Zamasu to learn his place. That isn't talk that says 'this is my opinion'.

And those other universe are probably better since their God of Destruction actually do their job.

Just because there's 28 planets with intelligence life on them doesn't mean the universe isn't big. Maybe it's just a really pessimistic solution to the Drake equation where you have to have thousands of galaxies to get a single one that can support intelligent life.

I'm talking mostly from the distances they have to travel through the series if this is the case. If these planets are randomly distributed across the overall 7th universe (seeing so many plates are blown up, lets say there were 100 at some point so 1 planet for every 2-10 billion galaxies), then it seems a bit too much that they would reach any of them ever if the size was in billions of light years.

ElFly

Why would Gowasu make up a rule that is only for his universe? Especially when he called Zamasu's view point 'talking like a God of Destruction'. He even told Zamasu to learn his place. That isn't talk that says 'this is my opinion'.

And those other universe are probably better since their God of Destruction actually do their job.

that's cool and all but given that both Shin and Gowasu's universes are on the chopping block, maybe they aren't the best references of ideal Kaiohshin work style

Just cause Zamasu was wrong doesn't mean that Gowasu was right

ZealousD

I'm talking mostly from the distances they have to travel through the series if this is the case. If these planets are randomly distributed across the overall 7th universe (seeing so many plates are blown up, lets say there were 100 at some point so 1 planet for every 2-10 billion galaxies), then it seems a bit too much that they would reach any of them ever if the size was in billions of light years.

Fuck Einstein. We're going Warp 1,000!

Earth is stated to be extremely tiny.

So that map is probably not indicative of the scale of those planets.

Well neither.

They just went back and settled down on that number since they made it for FnF.

Coincidentally picking that number defies the odds :p .

And it's from a movie that states "frieza planet 448" is giving them trouble. So not sure about the foreshadowing. But it's very possible the frieza outposts don't count as worlds.

That's what I figured TBH

Too intricate to be toriyama, and too random to be coincidence

that's cool and all but given that both Shin and Gowasu's universes are on the chopping block, maybe they aren't the best references of ideal Kaiohshin work style

Just cause Zamasu was wrong doesn't mean that Gowasu was right

Maybe u10 was higher up and zamasu fucked up their number lol

Im curious as to how other kaioshin run their universes though

Fuck Einstein. We're going Warp 1,000!

Well about about the whole Galactic Patrol ? That suggests that a galaxy is a important piece of real state.

I think it just makes more sense that Universe 7 is considerably smaller than the model of ours. It is big, jut not in real life scales. Just fewer everything.

ElFly

Unless Zamasu really fucked up his galaxy during his tenure as kaioh, I doubt he incided too much on the ningen level

Most of what he did in the current timeline was serve tea, fuck up that babarian and getting erased

Gowasu and Rummoosh are to blame
Well about about the whole Galactic Patrol ? That suggests that a galaxy is a important piece of real state.

I think it just makes more sense that Universe 7 is considerable smaller than the model of ours. It is big, jut not in real life scales. Just fewer everything.

Even if U7 only has the four galaxies assigned to each Kaioh, 28 planets is ridiculously small

Intelligent life is just rare

-Eddman-

Only 28 planets with intelligent life doesn't sound so crazy if we use the show's canon:

As many people have mentioned, Jaco said in the manga there's only a few planets with intelligent races.

Beerus probably destroyed hundreds or thousands of them in the past.

Majin Boo probably destroyed dozens when he was awakened by Bibidi.

Frieza/Cold probably exterminated a lot of rebel races when conquering the universe.

After Frieza became emperor, the Saiyans exterminated a lot of races as well.

Many others could have perished by natural disasters, like the one that almost kills all the Namekians when Kami escaped.

All this violence could explain the low ranking of Universe 7.

L Thammy

I mean the only thing he ever regularly contradicts is anime-only stuff. Most of the time it's just soft retcons.

That's what I mean. There's even a huge stretch of chapters following Goku's initial fight with Taopaipai where he's got a hole in his shirt. It's a super minor detail, but lazy as Toriyama admits to being, he continues to draw it because Goku hasn't had the opportunity to change his gi yet.

I seem to recall that he even came up with extended details of the Otherworld and such which are only seen in filler, most notable being the plane that souls fly in on.

Daingurse

The 28 planets thing wasn't too hard for me to accept. The management of Universe 7 has been utterly incompetent. Shin means well, but has really been fucking up at his job.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
The 28 planets thing wasn't too hard for me to accept. The management of Universe 7 has been utterly incompetent. Shin means well, but has really been fucking up at his job.

Beerus been fucking up worse. Dude left Freeza and Buy to run around and do what they wanted instead of stepping in and taking care of the issue. U7 lost an entire generation of Kais and a number of worlds as a result of Buu and God knows how much Freeza's empire held things back.

Daingurse

Beerus been fucking up worse. Dude left Freeza and Buy to run around and do what they wanted instead of stepping in and taking care of the issue. U7 lost an entire generation of Kais and a number of worlds as a result of Buu and God knows how much Freeza's empire held things back.

Taking care of mortals is the Supreme Kai bread and butter. I place far more blame on Shin. He could have taken care of Frieza in an instant. Even Buu was something that goes under his realm of responsibility. Beerus be fucking up too of course, but Shin's actions feel even more egregious to me, because he is literally a creator god. I honestly expect a God of Destruction to have that element of chaos Beerus has. Shin however being so hands off really irks me. He should have been uplifting the races of Universe 7.

And, I guess I just dislike incompetence more than laziness. Because Beerus at the end of the day is simply lazy as hell, and that is truly his worst crime. It's why he let Frieza and the Saiyans run-wild, doing his job for him (badly). It's why he didn't do a damn thing about Buu. Motherfucker is lazy.

There is not 4 galaxies, but 4 quadrants in the universe that are broken up to north, south, east & west. Jaco mentions that he patrols the Milky Way Galaxy which is located in the northern quadrant of the universe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom