• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT6| Put your back into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeonZ

Early DB stuff is so fascinating to me. It's so different from a lot of the Z era arc stuff

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mP5gI7zAEGg

Yamcha returning from training by himself. We get a shot of him, raggedy from living out in the wilderness. He saves Bulma from a truck, highlighting how fast he is and giving him a tender moment with Bulma, who at that time was his gf. Was this filler?

Yeah, it's all filler. In the manga, Yamcha is with Bulma again when Goku meets them before the Budokai. Also, note that the gap between matches in the anime is all filler too. In the manga all the battles of the Budokai happen in a single day. DB filler generally felt more like it was part of the story, rather than only buying time (although some filler was still quite bad).

Neoxon

No, week after.
That works. I got my new t-shirt ready to buy for the occasion.

560.jpg

Allonym

There should be more tampons in gaming
Read my post above.

This isn't an opinion.
I did some research and while it's true that Dragon Ball as a brand is valued at 5 billion, that's not reflective of its annual sales. In terms of annual sales, I believe Spiderman does bring in more money annually. I think what you compared were Dragon Ball's cumulative value and Spiderman's annual value.

https://www.thecnl.com/FunimationDec2014Catalog.pdf
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/superhero-earns-13-billion-a-748281

Correct me if I'm wrong, the first link regards DB and the second, Spiderman.

Is the general consensus around here that Gohan < Golden Frieza? I felt that Gohan was actually more powerful since he had Goku take the fight seriously and incorporate kaio-ken, that coupled with the fact that Frieza has just been wasting away in Hell and likely still hasn't solved his stamina issue. So at present I'd surmise Goku > Vegeta >/= Gohan > Frieza > Android 17 and the rest really aren't worth mentioning. Is this the present standing or should the hierarchy of power has some adjustments?

You are correct. Freeza shouldnt be a problem for Goku, Vegeta and Gohan.

NeonZ

Freeza's stamina problem won't be an issue while he remains dead, so that boosts him even without any training.

Skeeter49

Excited to see Frieza kill a bunch of people tomorrow.

Wonder how Goku will react. I have to imagine eventually he just says fuck it and joins in.

Gohan had to beg Goku to go full power, unlike 17 where he was forced into Blue when he didn't really want to use it. Goku took no damage from Gohan's 2 hits and then knocked him out flat with kaioken out of respect for Gohan's request to go all out. I see Gohan as somewhere above SSJ3 but definitely not a real serious threat for SSB. Now Frieza is also in the space between SSJ3 and SSB, the question is how much stronger Goku got after RoF and how much stronger Golden Frieza was than RoF Goku, and since that's complete arbitrary bullshit that can't be answered I'm gonna go with I feel is more likely in that Frieza is far closer to current Goku than Gohan is especially since his stamina issues won't be an issue since he's dead. Frieza is being portrayed as a rival to Goku here while for Gohan they went full Icarus imagery for him, he aint there yet, but maybe one day.

Slaythe

Dragon Ball doesn't make $5 Billion a year. This past fiscal year DB did about $80 million for Toei and about $500 million for Bandai and that was the most it's made in ages.
Spider-Man annually makes more than double what Dragon Ball just made.

I must have misremembered the funimation tag line of a few years ago.

At least it makes more than Aquaman.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Gohan had to beg Goku to go full power, unlike 17 where he was forced into Blue when he didn't really want to use it. Goku took no damage from Gohan's 2 hits and then knocked him out flat with kaioken out of respect for Gohan's request to go all out. I see Gohan as somewhere above SSJ3 but definitely not a real serious threat for SSB. Now Frieza is also in the space between SSJ3 and SSB, the question is how much stronger Goku got after RoF and how much stronger Golden Frieza was than RoF Goku, and since that's complete arbitrary bullshit that can't be answered I'm gonna go with I feel is more likely in that Frieza is far closer to current Goku than Gohan is especially since his stamina issues won't be an issue since he's dead. Frieza is being portrayed as a rival to Goku here while for Gohan they went full Icarus imagery for him, he aint there yet, but maybe one day.

Gohan punching SSB goku in the stomach is a visual indicator of where gohan can potentially be, as in he can be at that level, probably at the lower end of it

I must have misremembered the funimation tag line of a few years ago.

At least it makes more than Aquaman.

I don't know about right now (can't find the numbers), but in 2013 Superman and Batman both made less money in licensed products than Dragon Ball did in the most recent fiscal year.
Spider-Man is just ridiculously huge.

Allonym

There should be more tampons in gaming
Freeza's stamina problem won't be an issue while he remains dead, so that boosts him even without any training.

Didn't Goku still suffer from regular wear and tear (meaning fatigue, not injury) when he had his 24hr visit? And didn't the same happen with Vegeta when fighting Kid Buu? I don't think it makes their stamina infinite.

Skeeter49

Didn't Goku still suffer from regular wear and tear (meaning fatigue, not injury) when he had his 24hr visit? And didn't the same happen with Vegeta when fighting Kid Buu? I don't think it makes their stamina infinite.
He was tired after the fight with Yakkon, and the fight with Vegeta.

But from just sustaining the powerup, SSJ3 didn't seem to drain him much, until he drained the of his time when he showed the form to Goten/ Trunks.

Skeeter49

Random drunk thought of the day.
Would Yakkon be able to suck the gold off of Frieza?
Yakkon's sucking light energy ability always felt weird.

HeroR

Gohan fought on par with a much stronger SSB Goku.

No he didn't. He got two punch in, that is hardly fighting equally. That is like me calling Krillin equal to Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Goku because he briefly pushed back Goku's Kamehameha. He didn't even force Goku to go Blue, had to begged him.

Protome

Starting to catch up as I haven't been able to watch for a little while now. Goddamn that Episode 90 Gohan vs Goku fight was greaaat! Gohan handling SSJ2 easily, going toe to toe with SSB and forcing Goku to use KaioKen to beat him was great to watch.

Ataxia

Starting to catch up as I haven't been able to watch for a little while now. Goddamn that Episode 90 Gohan vs Goku fight was greaaat! Gohan handling SSJ2 easily, going toe to toe with SSB and forcing Goku to use KaioKen to beat him was great to watch.
Forcing? He literally begged for Goku to use full power and was promptly one-shot as soon as he did

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom