• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT6| Put your back into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

caliph95

Let me be the dumbass an ask what is hakai?
latest

VariantX

A move that apparently Gods of Destruction and probably the grand priest and zen-oh can use to destroy people places and things. I think its different fundementally than blowing something up as it looks as if it literally writes something out of existence altogether.

NeonZ

"Destruction/Destroy". The technique used by Beerus and other Gods of Destruction that disintegrates the opponent - turning them into sparkles in the anime or sand in the manga.

Anyway, Goku has been training with Whis, and in the manga he has been offered the God of Destruction position several times already.

"Destruction/Destroy". The technique used by Beerus and other Gods of Destruction that disintegrates the opponent - turning them into sparkles in the anime or sand in the manga.

Anyway, Goku has been training with Whis, and in the manga he has been offered the God of Destruction position several times already.

But we never saw if he was shown it. When would they even show it to him or why would they if he wasn't going to take the position?

The manga writing is worse than the show full stop.

The thing with Toyotaro is that, unlike the anime, he likes to explain his bullshit. Most of the time the explanation is dumb and/or create plot-holes, but he explains.

So I can't wait to hear his explanation for this one.

Mister Wolf

Gold Member
Manga Goku now can use
Hakai. Although not that well since it only destroyed about half of merged Zamasu's body.

Still kind of annoyed that Trunks ended up sidelined in the manga compared to the anime, but this chapter's battle seems pretty good.

Toyotaro is a hack.

caliph95

Can't wait to see how he mucks up the Universe Survival arc.
Seeing how Black was less of a threat, maybe in the tournament Bergamo would be completly useless in Base Form wipe the floor with him as long with Toppo, while Jiren instead of them having no chance against him Toppo would be like maybe Jiren would have a chance against this God
Also Goku would be stronger than some Gods and will play around with Gohan

I'm laughing so hard at the manga right now, ESPECIALLY THE FACT THAT THE ARC STILL ISN'T OVER!
Haha what if its all been true. What if we do get
Yamcha

I'm pretty sure that
that shot of Goku being hit by a blast is him saving Freeza from that shot that shoots up from the water in in the NEP. Freeza's body language looks more like one of shock than "HA I GOT YOU!"

Allonym

There should be more tampons in gaming
There's clearly flows of inconsistent info. Saying Goku wasn't serious is more an explanation of why 2 eps later Goku is talking about Vegeta and Frieza as if they're both well above Gohan's level.

You sure that just wasn't your interpretation? I don't recall Goku saying or posturing his statement in that way. It just seemed as if Gohan was worried because Frieza likely wouldn't follow the rules, a concern Vegeta also seemed to share by his body language and facial expressions. Goku just hand waved it by saying "Oh yea, if it's a problem, we can take care of Frieza" as if there were multiple people who potentially could. I think it's established that Goku and Vegeta definitely can, I believe Gohan can and 17 would be arguable. I think the Zamasu/Goku Black arc showed us that much like Frieza, other characters can experience tremendous jumps in power, i.e Trunks. If Trunks =/> Merged Zamasu then I definitely think Gohan can readily surpass Frieza in power.

NeonZ

But we never saw if he was shown it. When would they even show it to him or why would they if he wasn't going to take the position?

The manga writing is worse than the show full stop.

Well, in this chapter, Vegeta recognizes the technique at least. And you could make the same question about Whis training them in general.

It just seems like a lot of people here are questioning anything the manga does differently from the anime while accepting King Ryu's or Atsuhiro Tomioka's writing by default unless it clashes really badly with something pre-established.

NeonZ

Is the manga leak from the same source that we are meant to be getting DB Fighterz info?

I think so, which means we aren't really getting any new information, otherwise the page would already be scanned. There are scans for Xenoverse 2 and Heroes already too.

Well, in this chapter, Vegeta recognizes the technique at least. And you could make the same question about Whis training them in general.

It just seems like a lot of people here are questioning anything the manga does differently from the anime while accepting King Ryu's or Atsuhiro Tomioka's writing by default unless it clashes really badly with something pre-established.

That is, again, why it's shit writing. Suddenly Vegeta knows about it aka we gotta throw that line in to justify how Goku knew about the move. All of this would have been prevented if he had saw it at some point, just like in the anime. Or even a flashback beforehand. Now it's just a line of OH YEH WE SAW THAT when the viewer wasn't there.

At least there was emotional impact with the spirit sword, Goku
having Hakai has no impact, it just raises huge questions about his fights in the future. Also the manga is sucking Goku's dick hard.

Sheroking

Goku mastering insane techniques at the sight of them is at least kind of supported by Dragon Ball history. Super Saiyan Rage and the Spirit Sword are complete ass-pulls.

Although I do appreciate Toei's inclination to include more characters than Goku at the end of each arc. And yeah, I can see how Goku having that power would be writing themselves in the corner. TBH, I don't even like Beerus having it.

At least there was emotional impact with the spirit sword, Goku
having Hakai has no impact, it just raises huge questions about his fights in the future. Also the manga is sucking Goku's dick hard.

The hell? Seriously? So I bet it is only a matter of time before we see Goku do it in the show... that makes no sense but whatever...

Style

Banned
Goku is
pretty much Doctor Manhattan now. Blue, can disintegrate stuff on command, instantly teleport anywhere and above the laws of physics.He just needs to learn the Namekian ability to create stuff out of thin air.

Magwik

Banned
Goku mastering insane techniques at the sight of them is at least kind of supported by Dragon Ball history. Super Saiyan Rage and the Spirit Sword are complete ass-pulls.

Although I do appreciate Toei's inclination to include more characters than Goku at the end of each arc.

Rage boosts are established in Dragon Ball
The spirit sword is whatever as Trunks' desperation to fight and save everyone on such an emotional level gives it a pass for me.

Although I do appreciate Toei's inclination to include more characters than Goku at the end of each arc.

At least on panel, Goku has never seen the
Hakai
in the manga.
He could have seen it off panel, but I feel like that's kind of an important thing to not show.
With the spirit sword Trunks had no idea what was happening at the very least.
The hell? Seriously? So I bet it is only a matter of time before we see Goku do it in the show... that makes no sense but whatever...
I don't think so, this is probably a Toyotaro thing, so unless Toyotaro starts writing the arcs for the anime I don't think Goku will just randomly get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom