• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT6| Put your back into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeonZ

Please never write anything ever.

I mean, really, do you raise the same complaint about Goku being able to sense ki and use kiais in the 23rd Budokai even though the manga never showed his training at all?

Incorporating a technique from a GoD after training under the master of the GoD in most cases would be a fairly natural development, it's only odd here because the anime itself, the first version of the story everyone saw in this case, didn't do it.

As for Trunks, him cutting Merged Zamasu means nothing in the manga since he didn't do anything to earned it. Sheesh, Gohan killing Cell is more well-earned, and anyone who knows me knows how I feel about that.

It just doesn't feel climatic or good at all.

Trunks was just handled horribly in the arc.

Hell even Zeno appearing wouldn't have the same impact since
there's just weak Merged Zamasu clones there.
In the anime everyone was going to get fucked. All existence.

HeroR

Whiss teached him off screen. Boom, justified.

Now try to explain how Trunks learned Genji Dama and how he converted that power into his sword and how it was that powerful with the Earth almost entirely destroyed and Goku/Vegeta wrecked.

Why would he teach it to Goku who isn't a God of Destruction.

We saw Trunks convert energy into his sword, so that doesn't need to be explained. And Merged Zamasu was weakened.

Really, you're willing to handwave the manga, but when the anime imply something, you're not willing to do the same thing.

Fj0823

The Universal Survival arc is probably going to be a nightmare in the manga.

Exclusive Preview

Goku: "Guys, you're all too weak, I'll go fight myself, Power is everything in this tournament"

*Wins Tournament using Zenoh's power combined with SSG to erase all other competitors*

Goku: "That was hard."

NeoGAF: "Well he could've learned that off-screen!!, at least muh power levels are consistent in the manga, How can you justify bringing Roshi and Krillin like in the anime? Older characters getting better? BS"

HeroR

I mean, really, do you raise the same complaint about Goku being able to sense ki and use kiais in the 23rd Budokai even though the manga never showed his training at all?

Incorporating a technique from a GoD after training under the master of the GoD in most cases would be a fairly natural development, it's only odd here because the anime itself, the first version of the story everyone saw in this case, didn't do it.

Not the same thing since know Kami was giving Goku spiritual training. And sensing ki wasn't the key of winning a major battle. Whis never implied he was giving Goku a technique used only by the God of Destruction so far. That needs more explanation than, 'he learned it off-scene'.

The only thing I didn't like about episode 66 is the amount screen time Vegito got but now thanks to the manga I got over it lol. He got even less time there.

I don't remember hating on Trunks moment.

Weren't you the one who called it the 'power of friendship' in a mocking way? Maybe it was someone else.

L Thammy

The only thing I didn't like about episode 66 is the amount screen time Vegito got but now thanks to the manga I got over it lol. He got even less time there.

I don't remember hating on Trunks moment.

Maybe you just can't keep track of everything you've been hating on. Have you considered keeping a list?

Not the same thing since know Kami was giving Goku spiritual training. And sensing ki wasn't the key of winning a major battle. Whis never implied he was giving Goku a technique used only by the God of Destruction so far. That needs more explanation than, 'he learned it off-scene'.

Weren't you the one who called it the 'power of friendship' in a mocking way? Maybe it was someone else.

I honestly can't remember.

The Universal Survival arc is probably going to be a nightmare in the manga.

I don't see how it can happen in the form it does in the Anime. An 80 people royale in the manga would take until the heat death of the universe to finish. I have to suspect it'll be a far smaller number of people per team, because lets be honest, each team isn't going to have 10 people who really matter.
Maybe they go with 5 and go with Goku, Vegeta, Gohan, Frieza and 17 as the team. The later two potentially need to be reintroduced to the cast in case they're needed in the future, Gohan needs his triumphant return and Goku and Vegeta are self explanatory. Sorry to Krillin/Tien/Picollo/18/Roshi fans, I guess

L Thammy

I don't see how it can happen in the form it does in the Anime. An 80 people royale in the manga would take until the heat death of the universe to finish. I have to suspect it'll be a far smaller number of people per team, because lets be honest, each team isn't going to have 10 people who really matter.
Maybe they go with 5 and go with Goku, Vegeta, Gohan, Frieza and 17 as the team. The later two potentially need to be reintroduced to the cast in case they're needed in the future, Gohan needs his triumphant return and Goku and Vegeta are self explanatory. Sorry to Krillin/Tien/Picollo/18/Roshi fans, I guess

Toyotaro said he's going to overtake the anime, so we're going to see

THE TOURNAMENT BEGINS
SOME TIME LATER, EVERYONE WAS ELIMINATED

or some such shenanigans. Even if they have every fighter we're not going to see every fight.

Fj0823

Toyotaro said he's going to overtake the anime, so we're going to see

THE TOURNAMENT BEGINS
SOME TIME LATER, EVERYONE WAS ELIMINATED

or some such shenanigans. Even if they have every fighter we're not going to see every fight.

|OT7| Everything was Off-screen

Regarding the spoilers for chapter 25 of the manga:

Am I seeing it wrong, or did Vegeta get a rage boost when he saved Goku? Toyotaro mentioned before that Vegeta was supposed to be 'the main character' of the arc, maybe he's the one that's going to get a similar boost that Trunks got in the anime?

Honestly, Goku and Vegeta knowing Hakai sooner or later is not that out of there, I mean, they are getting trained by Whis.

HeroR

My feeling, I actually liked Goku using Haki. I never saw it a magical erased souls technique that can kill anyone that fans wanked it to be. So Goku using it is awesome, but I am a bias since I am a Goku fan.

At the same time, him knowing and having a handwave explanation makes it cheap, like the Trunks' Spirit Bomb sword.

HardRojo

My feeling, I actually liked Goku using Haki. I never saw it a magical erased souls technique that can kill anyone that fans wanked it to be. So Goku using it is awesome, but I am a bias since I am a Goku fan.

At the same time, him knowing and having a handwave explanation makes it cheap, like the Trunks' Spirit Bomb sword.

I'd be fine with him learning it down the road, but not like this all of a sudden. They already attained SSB off-screen and that was bullshit, so if there are new techniques to be acquired, I want to see how they got them.

VariantX

Regarding the spoilers for chapter 25 of the manga:

Am I seeing it wrong, or did Vegeta get a rage boost when he saved Goku? Toyotaro mentioned before that Vegeta was supposed to be 'the main character' of the arc, maybe he's the one that's going to get a similar boost that Trunks got in the anime?

Honestly, Goku and Vegeta knowing Hakai sooner or later is not that out of there, I mean, they are getting trained by Whis.

Of course , the ingredients are all there for it to happen. The problem is that there's never any build up to anything major that happens. Simply dropping small, near insignificant hints would have been enough. The pacing and story skips never allow for it so it's not as satisfying to read as it could be.

Nightbird

Whiss teached him off screen. Boom, justified.

Now try to explain how Trunks learned Genji Dama and how he converted that power into his sword and how it was that powerful with the Earth almost entirely destroyed and Goku/Vegeta wrecked.

Future King Kai teached him off screen. Boom, justified.

Skeeter49

Exclusive Preview

Goku: "Guys, you're all too weak, I'll go fight myself, Power is everything in this tournament"

*Wins Tournament using Zenoh's power combined with SSG to erase all other competitors*

Goku: "That was hard."

NeoGAF: "Well he could've learned that off-screen!!, at least muh power levels are consistent in the manga, How can you justify bringing Roshi and Krillin like in the anime? Older characters getting better? BS"

Goku fuses with Both Zeno's. Believe.

HeroR

I'd be fine with him learning it down the road, but not like this all of a sudden. They already attained SSB off-screen and that was bullshit, so if there are new techniques to be acquired, I want to see how they got them.

I would be fine with anime Goku knowing it since we saw him see the technique and nearly got the business end in Episode 77.

I have no problem with them getting Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan off-scene. It's really no different than Super Saiyan 3, except it bit more explanation.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I would be fine with anime Goku knowing it since we saw him see the technique and nearly got the business end in Episode 77.

I have no problem with them getting Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan off-scene. It's really no different than Super Saiyan 3, except it bit more explanation.

I mean we saw them reach the point where they could attain it themselves, though they didn't actually transform all the way, during RoF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom