• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT6| Put your back into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I like how nobody's bothered at Gohan getting up to Blue tier in a day though.

Double standards man.

He's surpassed Goku and Vegeta a number of times throughout the series already. Sometimes in short bursts, sometimes for a sustained length of time. We've all been primed to expect this from him over the course of Z, the groundwork for it has been laid over the course of the series so of course no one is going to blink when it happens. It's not like this is unprecedented for the character or coming out of nowhere.

It's not a double standard since it's not coming out of nowhere. It's something we've been told to expect time and again.

Slaythe

He's surpassed Goku and Vegeta a number of times throughout the series already. Sometimes in short bursts, sometimes for a sustained length of time. We've all been primed to expect this from him over the course of Z, the groundwork for it has been laid over the course of the series so of course no one is going to blink when it happens. It's not like this is unprecedented for the character or coming out of nowhere.

It's not a double standard, it's something that we've been told to expect time and time again.

And so the guy that Gohan was fighting for 10 years, that completely crushed him and killed him in the end, 17, that also was stronger than the galactic overlord, and that was only defeated thanks to time travel shenanigans, somehow, can't fucking get up there in 13 years.

Of course. Makes sense.

Pretty sure people were talking about about how bullshit it was Gohan fought evenly with SSJ Goku, he didn't get some complete pass. Of course it got the standard "im just holding back guys!" response and it was easier to swallow fighting with SSJ Goku versus SSJ Blue.

As for the upcoming episode it depends on how they do it, if Piccolo is really going to do something special then everyone will accept it cause Gohan has always done shit like that, if it's standard generic training then I guarantee people will bitch.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
And so the guy that Gohan was fighting for 10 years, that completely crushed him and killed him in the end, 17, that also was stronger than the galactic overlord, and that was only defeated thanks to time travel shenanigans, somehow, can't fucking get up there in 13 years.

Of course. Makes sense.

You're missing the point entirely. The series has primed us to expect this from Gohan, not from 17. That's the difference and it's an important one. If they had shown snippets of 17 doing some crazy training during a previous arc it'd be a lot easier for people to swallow his crazy power-up. The difference is foreshadowing. Gohan's got tons and 17 has none. That's why you see the differing reactions.

Anth0ny

Of course. Makes sense.

LlvUjFF.png

<3

I still hope Gohan gets an upgrade to Ultimate that mixes his normal white aura with a more god like blue aura, similar to how Ikari is a mix of a regular Super Saiyan aura with the blue on the inside.

Does "Even Zeno-sama will be amazed" count as a spoiler? It eliminates the possibility that the Zenos will be bored of the tournament and all the fighters will have to team up against them.

Everything is good except for the fighting itself, I feel. The 2D games are generally better from a gameplay perspective but Xenoverse does a great job of making you feel like you're a part of the Dragonball world.

I got bored with the 2D game like Extreme Butoden. The fighting in Xenoverse makes me feel like I'm in DB.

L Thammy

I know this is wrong to say in here but I'm more excited about the Roshi and Tien episode.

Roshi is the coolest characters in the Dragonball Z universe so I don't see what's strange about that. Roshi could probably beat up all the Saiyans at once if he wanted.

I got bored with the 2D game like Extreme Butoden. The fighting in Xenoverse makes me feel like I'm in DB.

I get that to an extent, but I can't fully get behind 3D Dragonball games until I can fly properly. I spent too much of Xenoverse accidentally underneath my enemy, using my stretchy Namekian limbs to punch them in the knees.

Extreme Butouden kind of sucked because of its weird dumbed down control scheme to be honest.

J4g3r

I know this is wrong to say in here but I'm more excited about the Roshi and Tien episode.

I wonder how Goku will convince Roshi to join.
( &#865;° &#860;&#662; &#865;°)

Also I hope you're ready for Chiaotzu to be treated worse than Goten.

I'll be surprised if he even has a line in the episode.

whatever guys

I for one love the current power ups certain characters are getting... that and the added new techniques and strategy being used

I mean if we didn't get this we would've had literally Sayain galore fest all over again and even if they had to try and strengthen up the other fighters it would've been modest at best compared to Blue and we all would've again gotten Blue vs the universe to save the day

again and again and again

Real Hero

whatever guys

I for one love the current power ups certain characters are getting... that and the added new techniques and strategy being used

I mean if we didn't get this we would've had literally Sayain galore fest all over again and even if they had to try and strengthen up the other fighters it would've been modest at best compared to Blue and we all would've again gotten Blue vs the universe to save the day

I think most people agree with you. its just boring defending that position

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
whatever guys

I mean, I'm not saying I don't like everyone getting powered up and becoming relevant. I do. I'm just saying that Toei has been really damn lazy when it comes to planning ahead and seeding ideas for future use, especially compared to Toriyama. And the complaints you see are a byproduct of that. Would it have killed them to have a quick cut to 17 bench pressing a mountain when Trunks met 18 in the Future Trunks arc? Like, that's all it would have taken.

I mean, I'm not saying I don't like everyone getting powered up and becoming relevant. I do. I'm just saying that Toei has been really damn lazy when it comes to planning ahead and seeding ideas for future use, especially compared to Toriyama.
O nonono. He don't get off free here. Super saiyan God and bringing in god KI was the stepping stone

Slaythe

Roshi is the coolest characters in the Dragonball Z universe so I don't see what's strange about that. Roshi could probably beat up all the Saiyans at once if he wanted.

I get that to an extent, but I can't fully get behind 3D Dragonball games until I can fly properly. I spent too much of Xenoverse accidentally underneath my enemy, using my stretchy Namekian limbs to punch them in the knees.

Extreme Butouden kind of sucked because of its weird dumbed down control scheme to be honest.

Urgh yeah the 3D games are too "random" and unpolished.

This is great

ezgif-1-4fd2ed01e5.gif

Something like that with better controls would be fantastic IMO.

Plus it's not like it's "that or the other", since we can get both, alternatively each year.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
17 said he was the ultimate being. You thought he was cocky. Turns out it was foreshadowing.

Redeemed ?

No, that's not foreshadowing. Foreshadowing would be cutting to him training to get stronger at some point.

It's the difference between showing he can get stronger and that he has been getting stronger.

No, that's not foreshadowing. Foreshadowing would be cutting to him training to get stronger at some point.

It's the difference between showing he can get stronger and that he has gotten stronger.
I think he was joking..I hope. Otherwise I'm pulling out some shit said about the boys cause that "foreshadowing was shyt" and a lie

Anth0ny

Lol man, the day yall stop giving a shit about power levels will be the day you truly learn to enjoy this show.

i think it has less to do with power levels and more to do with logical/consistent story telling

at least that's my main issue with super

Slaythe

It's the difference between showing he can get stronger and that he has been getting stronger.

Ok so, first of all, it was a joke.

But if you take what he said literally, how does it not constitute foreshadowing ? It hints at him being superior to saiyans and co.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Ok so, first of all, it was a joke.

But if you take what he said literally, how does it not constitute foreshadowing ? It hints at him being superior to saiyans and co.

Can never tell on GAF anymore, sorry :lol

Like I said, it's the difference between can get stronger and has been getting stronger.

Slaythe

Can never tell on GAF anymore, sorry :lol

Like I said, it's the difference between can get stronger and has been getting stronger.

Oh of course, but many people are saying 17 "can't possibly be that strong".

Most people that do think he can pretty much think this : "Well I wish they had shown his training or made the explanation more explicit, but 17 is awesome so it's fine".

Like the most angry people online think he flat can't be stronger than cell and the show is garbage now. (ignoring that cell's power was relative to 17)

Among that, many ignored he wasn't mechanical and deemed it impossible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom