• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT6| Put your back into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why does 17 remember about Goku destroying Buu with the spirit bomb? I thought the wish was to make all the people of Earth forget about it.

Good points of episode:
1. The comedy moments - King Kai's planet, Jaco.
2. Goku and 17 having an interesting moment at the end of the episode.
3. NEP

Bad points:
1. Everything else.

This was a filler ep and it showed.

---

Oh, on the topic of raining. It started raining in Satan City (presuming that Krillin lives where he works) and thus it is raining next episode. Passage of time, yo.
Hmm, I mean he is the brother of 18 and Krillin. Him knowing about Buu is no more illogical than Roshi or Bulma knowing for example

Slaythe

It's more than that actually.

This episode confirmed :

1) 17 was conscious within Cell since he knew he blew himself up (so that means he heard 16's speech to Gohan and is probably why he became a nature protector). Which helps clarify how 17 knew Trunks' name and Goku's "voice".

2) 17 knew Buu because of the genkidama, which also means Babidi's telepathy somehow didn't get through him as I theorized a few days ago.

3) He didn't forget about Buu I assume, for the same reason Shenron couldn't turn him human. "I can't affect people that are stronger than my creator".

It's more than that actually.

This episode confirmed :

1) 17 was conscious within Cell since he knew he blew himself up (so that means he heard 16's speech to Gohan and is probably why he became a nature protector). Which helps clarify how 17 knew Trunks' name and Goku's "voice".

2) 17 knew Buu because of the genkidama, which also means Babidi's telepathy somehow didn't get through him as I theorized a few days ago.

3) He didn't forget about Buu I assume, for the same reason Shenron couldn't turn him human. "I can't affect people that are stronger than my creator".

I dont know if any of that is confirmed actually. He could have known all that from heresay.

But I cant believe they dropped nothing here. I hope its a case of saving that info for later and not they're never explaining anything. Welp.
Tien dojo time!

ElFly

don't think this episode confirms anything about babidi's telepathy

but maybe once 17 meets the actual buu we will see

but it is also worse than that, since there was a wish to the dragon to make everybody forget about Buu

not sure anyone should even remember Buu's name

the whole thing about "stronger than the creator" I think only applies to damaging people; obviously he could piece together Freeza but he didn't because he wasn't asked to

maybe I could buy the wish not affecting him if he did remember everyone getting genocided

also we don't know if 17 was aware of being inside Cell

Zolo

Felt like a pretty useless episode. :/

Felt weird for #17 to agree after refusing last episode where it felt he never got a good reason to reconsider.

The exploding joke doesn't really work with King kai and group being dead either since that would end WORSE for them. It'd only work if they were already brought back to life.

don't think this episode confirms anything about babidi's telepathy

but maybe once 17 meets the actual buu we will see

but it is also worse than that, since there was a wish to the dragon to make everybody forget about Buu

not sure anyone should even remember Buu's name

the whole thing about "stronger than the creator" I think only applies to damaging people; obviously he could piece together Freeza but he didn't because he wasn't asked to

maybe I could buy the wish not affecting him if he did remember everyone getting genocided

also we don't know if 17 was aware of being inside Cell

I never liked the idea of brainwash dragon. Just because the possibilities are crazy. Like could you just wish an enemie's entire memory away and leave them a babbling toddler?

NeonZ

the whole thing about "stronger than the creator" I think only applies to damaging people;

It also couldn't turn 17 and 18 into humans, just remove their bombs, since they were stronger than it. I'd guess anything that could be considered some kind of attack would fail (and erasing memories would fit there).

ElFly

It also couldn't turn 17 and 18 into humans, just remove their bombs, since they were stronger than it. I'd guess anything that could be considered some kind of attack would fail (and erasing memories would fit there).

that's kind of really random, since Shen Long readily takes off the bombs away from them

besides, the whole thing with "stronger than the creator" means anyone stronger than Dende will remember...and there must be a bunch of people like that

aah, if he remember Trunks from being inside Cell, he'd expect the adult super saiyajin, not the little kid

I never liked the idea of brainwash dragon. Just because the possibilities are crazy. Like could you just wish an enemie's entire memory away and leave them a babbling toddler?

it's really odd, since people forgot about Piccolo, who conquered the world, only because Piccolo Jr wears a turban

just give a hat to Buu and people will go "who is this guy"

He's not just stronger, he was leagues ahead of Z SSJ3 Goku. Wasn't even remotely close. Goku, the guy that enjoys fights, didn't want any from Super Buu - the same Buu that Gohan casually destroyed. Actually, Goku said that even he and Vegeta working together wouldn't stand a chance without Fusion. Even SSJ3 Gotenks is stronger than SSJ3 Goku.

Perhaps its for the best that Gohan didn't get the same God-Ki training as Goku and Vegeta. He was so hilariously ahead of them, he'd probably be so overpowered by now if he did. He'd be on some Cell Saga Gohan shit where its just him and then the world.

I don't know. I was rewatching it this morning and Mystic Gohan got thrashed by Super Buu but SSJ3 Goku was at least able to hit him. After Buu absorbed Gohan though it was over. No question Buu was stronger with Gotenks/Gohan inside of him but I'd heavily debate Mystic Gohan being stronger than Goku's SSJ3. I doubt Gotenks was stronger either.

HardRojo

King Kai is gonna snap one day, poor guy just wants to stop being terrorized by Goku, and killing Goku will just make it worse since he'll never go away.
Lol, well there was this one episode where Goku went to his planet and King Kai was like get the fuck out of here as soon as he saw Goku lol.

NeonZ

I don't know. I was rewatching it this morning and Mystic Gohan got thrashed by Super Buu but SSJ3 Goku was at least able to hit him. After Buu absorbed Gohan though it was over. No question Buu was stronger with Gotenks/Gohan inside of him but I'd heavily debate Mystic Gohan being stronger than Goku's SSJ3. I doubt Gotenks was stronger either.

Do you mean Super Buu (Gotenks)? Goku facing him was anime-only. Goku in the manga refused to fight Super Buu without anyone absorbed later.

And anyway if you go by the anime, Gohan kept up with him for half an episode before he started losing, while Goku was quickly losing once they started exchanging blows. It's only Kai where it gets kind of odd since they cut the initial anime-only part of Gohan vs Buu (Gotenks), jumping straight to the manga scenes where Gohan is completely outdone from the start, but kept Goku vs Buu (Gotenks).

FreeMufasa

cKwmlc4.jpg

They need to bring tracksuit Goku back. Much better than gohans

Bubba T

I truly hope in the very start of the torunament everyone just piles on on Goku and he's knocked out of the arena right away lol.

Goku's always been a dick disguised as a hero, but they've really ramped it up this arc. It was especially revealing during his last conversation with 17.

Kyzer

Banned
Im so fuckin pissed we dont have a Xenoverse 2 date for switch yet god damnit I NEED it. Held off on buying the ps4 version because it would be a perfect portable game but every episode that passes by it gets harder and harder not to cave

Nightbird

Ehm, 17 doesn't need the Super Dragon Balls to fulfill his wish, does he?

I feel like that's a weak justification for him to join.

I was half expecting the ship to actually blow up, and the regular Dragon Balls not be strong enough to revive every animal on the ship due to some of them being from planets way too far away from Earth, and thus be 17's motivation to join the team.

By the time of Goku's statement, almost everyone is dead - there's clearly no other motive. He stood no chance against Super Buu, he was almost scared and practically begging for Vegeta to reconsider Fusion. Quite the difference to Goku's opinion on Kid Buu.

Goku lying or being deceptive in the past is irrelevant - that doesn't mean we should assume he's lying or being deceptive every-time he tries to avoid a fight, that's not how things work. There's clear logical explanations for why he didn't fight Fat Buu til the end or that claimed that Vegeta was his equal. What's the logical explanation here? Was it revealed in the Kid Buu fight? Because all I remember was Goku shitting bricks. He knew he stood no chance, even with Vegeta's help.

That was against Buuhan. Of course there was no way Goku and Vegeta could defeat Buu with Gohan, Gotenks, and piccolo absorbed. HeroR is talking about base super Buu.

Kid Buu is the weakest (whole) Buu. Other Buus are literally just Buu with added power. Making up some fantasy where Kid Buu for some reason has most power is just meaningless, there's no reason to ever even think that. Kid Buu has zero restraint, that's his danger, that's what was quickly demonstrated with blowing up Earth while Super Buu at least had the patience to wait for Gotenks a bit. Super Buu absolutely could've done the same thing but he wanted a fight.

Fat Buu is the weakest Buu

This is not how the dragon balls work. They can absolutely affect people who are stronger than the creator, otherwise Goku would not have been able to be wished back after the Saiyan saga.

The dragon balls can't grant wishes that exceed the power of their creator.

So I guess turning an Android human is something Dende can't handle, but he can revive all the people on Earth lol.

Mendrox

17 knowing about Buu and the Genkidama even though he shouldn't know cause of the wish is just Toei being Toei. I wouldn't put too much thought into anything and just be happy that they try to aknowledge some few things. Everything else is just "how do we make more money or stretch it for the manga`to catch up a bit?"

caliph95

That was against Buuhan. Of course there was no way Goku and Vegeta could defeat Buu with Gohan, Gotenks, and piccolo absorbed. HeroR is talking about base super Buu.

Fat Buu is the weakest Buu

This is not how the dragon balls work. They can absolutely affect people who are stronger than the creator, otherwise Goku would not have been able to be wished back after the Saiyan saga.

The dragon balls can't grant wishes that exceed the power of their creator.

So I guess taking a bomb out of an Android is something Dende can't handle, but he can revive all the people on Earth lol.
To be fiar there are two Fat Buus, our fat buu is the weakest buu who suddenly after like a day training became the strongest buu.

Also he power of the creators simply mean what is convenient since i doubt Dende or Kami can resurrect and create entire planets and such or it could just mean Ki level more likely

To be fiar there are two Fat Buus, our fat buu is the weakest buu who suddenly after like a day training became the strongest buu.

Also he power of the creators simply mean what is convenient since i doubt Dende or Kami can resurrect and create entire planets and such or it could just mean Ki level more likely

Im pretty sure fat Buu in the Buu saga (at his introduction) is weaker than kid Buu

It's irrelevant whether or not the power of the creators is changed to be whatever is convenient, it's still a false statement to say that shenron can't affect beings stronger than himself

Skeeter49

If I remember right with the Dragon's wish on people stronger then him, the one being affected has to be willing to have whatever's happening to him happen.

With Goku, Shenron had to ask Goku if he wanted to come back after Namek blew up, and Goku said no. Presumably Shenron couldn't wipe 17's memory because he wasn't willing. Or he heard about Buu from 18. Frieza obviously would be willing to be healed, or in a state where he couldn't give acknowledgement that he wanted to be healed..

brinstar

I think they're talking about the scene when Goku and Vegeta are inside Buu's body and removing all the people he absorbed. Even after they remove Gohan and the others and revert Buu back to regular Super Buu, Goku says they still can't beat him on their own.

If I remember right with the Dragon's wish on people stronger then him, the one being affected has to be willing to have whatever's happening to him happen.

With Goku, Shenron had to ask Goku if he wanted to come back after Namek blew up, and Goku said no. Presumably Shenron couldn't wipe 17's memory because he wasn't willing. Or he heard about Buu from 18. Frieza obviously would be willing to be healed, or in a state where he couldn't give acknowledgement that he wanted to be healed..

Yeah this might be true, since Goku also refused to be revived after cell died

So maybe he does need permission, but he can still affect them if they grant it

Are we really going to start the Buu argument again?

In the anime adaptation Kid Buu is 100% stronger than Super Buu. There is tons of dialogue to support this, it's not debatable.

The manga is up to interpretation for multiple reasons due to odd wording & circumstances.

NeonZ

In the anime adaptation Kid Buu is 100% stronger than Super Buu. There is tons of dialogue to support this, it's not debatable.

The manga is up to interpretation for multiple reasons due to odd wording & circumstances.

The issue is that the anime lines that seemingly make Kid Buu stronger than Super Buu also would make it stronger than Super Buu (Gohan absorbed) and at that point the whole plot just doesn't make any sense.

Rutger

Banned
Well, 17's recruitment could have probably been turned into just one episode. There were some fun parts to this episode though, like Goku taking another bomb to King Kai's planet.

Still, I'm really glad they're taking their time with the recruitment, Krillin's episode is still fantastic, and next week's has potential. We don't need to rush to the tournament, and getting to see more focus on underused characters is great.

CryptiK

Super follows Kai, which follows the Manga a lot more closely. So I assume when it comes to Buu, Kid Buu < Super Buu.

Wow Piccolo was in my dream last night. He was drowning in some alien goop because he was taking these shiny rocks out of the ground in a place where it was forbidden, so the ground in his area just turned to goop and started sucking him in as punishment. These other people flew over to save him, and then went to the demon realm to save his body in the demon realm or something because the was no way he was getting out of the goop, and saving his body in the demon realm was the only way to keep any part of him alive.

???

It was very ambiguous in the anime as to whether kid Buu was stronger than super Buu

Nobody ever outright says it, it's only ever implied, and never very strongly

Even when super Buu returns to kid Buu form either Goku or Vegeta says they can't tell if he's stronger or weaker than before

brinstar

Wow Piccolo was in my dream last night. He was drowning in some alien goop because he was taking these shiny rocks out of the ground in a place where it was forbidden, so the ground in his area just turned to goop and started sucking him in as punishment. These other people flew over to save him, and then went to the demon realm to save his body in the demon realm or something because the was no way he was getting out of the goop, and saving his body in the demon realm was the only way to keep any part of him alive.

next arc confirmed

caliph95

Wasn't him being stronger just a mistranslation and mistake on dub when he's supposed to be more dangerous because he lost fucks to give.

NeonZ

Wasn't him being stronger just a mistranslation and mistake on dub when he's supposed to be more dangerous because he lost fucks to give.

He's said to be the "most dangerous" Buu, in both original anime and manga, but it's in a speech from Kaioshin about how he's pure evil and destruction.

However, the anime adds several lines when Goku SSJ2 is facing Kid Buu (a battle that was completely anime-only) where Goku says that Kid Buu is way beyond the previous forms of Buu. I can't check Kai right now, but I think they kept that battle, so those lines would still be there.

caliph95

He's said to be the "most dangerous" Buu, in both original anime and manga, but it's in a speech about how he's pure evil and destruction.

However, the anime adds several lines when Goku SSJ2 is facing Kid Buu (a battle that was completely anime-only) where he says that Kid Buu is way beyond the previous forms of Buu. I can't check Kai right now, but I think they kept that battle, so those lines would still be there.
Fucking Toei or Funi or or Tori or whoever

Moaradin

I thought the whole point of Kid Buu was that while he wasn't as strong as Super Buu, he was completely unhinged and destroyed worlds without a single thought. That's why he was considered more dangerous.

caliph95

I thought the whole point of Kid Buu was that while he wasn't as strong as Super Buu, he was completely unhinged and destroyed worlds without a single thought. That's why he was considered more dangerous.
He was but the anime apparently screws that up through combination of translation and fillers

Deadly

In the manga it says "the goodness he gained from absorption that also reduced his power is now gone"

So I'd say Kid Buu is definitely not the weakest but it's definitely the fact the he gives no fuck that makes him strong. So he got weaker by absorbing nice but relatively weak people. I'd say it's kinda safe to assume that by the point where he's absorbed Gotenks and Gohan, that version of Super Buu must be stronger than the Kid version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom