• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT6| Put your back into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeroR

I never thought Piccolo could surpass a Super Saiyan again.

Never say never.

Super Saiyan isn't a level. Piccolo is stronger than Super Saiyan Goten and Trunks at least until they went into the Hyperbolic Time Chamber.

what did Mike Breen say when Curry hit the game winner:

Bang

are you arguing goku was stronger than Gohan in the Buu saga....?

I am arguing that Goku not being able to fight Super Buu is questionable since Goku lied about his power twice before then. Plus, he said he couldn't fight Super Buu when the audience knew he couldn't handled Fat Buu because Goku claimed that he couldn't win as a Super Saiyan 3 even if he went all out. Then, before Goku fought Kid Buu, he went 'I lied'.

So literally the only statement of Super Buu > Super Saiyan 3 Goku is Goku himself, who previously claimed Fat Buu > Super Saiyan 3 Goku. And he lied before then when he claimed to be only even with Vegeta and if Vegeta couldn't beat Buu, there was no way he could have.

KimiNewt

Scored 3/100 on an Exam
When 17 mentioned his brother, I thought he was talking about 16 and got sad for a second :(

Same.

Also, holy shit what a waste of time. There's no manga to allow to move forward so why are they wasting all this time?
I guess one episode on Gohan's training, maybe another on Rosh and another on my boi Tienshinhan. Then another final prep episode or two before the tournament actually starts? We'll be in freakin' June.

Omni

Naa, Gohan was easily strongest before Vegeto came.

SSJ3 Goku is cool as hell but unfortunately the form has been useless from day 1. Always loved the brutishness of it.

Skeeter49

Piccolo fused with Kami is easily stronger than SSJ Gohan. With Mystic, Gohan really never needed to train his Base form until recently. And his base form got weaker after Cell saga.

Super Saiyan isn't a level. Piccolo is stronger than Super Saiyan Goten and Trunks at least until they went into the Hyperbolic Time Chamber.

I am arguing that Goku not being able to fight Super Buu is questionable since Goku lied about his power twice before then. Plus, he said he couldn't fight Super Buu when the audience knew he couldn't handled Fat Buu because Goku claimed that he couldn't win as a Super Saiyan 3 even if he went all out. Then, before Goku fought Kid Buu, he went 'I lied'.

So literally the only statement of Super Buu > Super Saiyan 3 Goku is Goku himself, who previously claimed Fat Buu > Super Saiyan 3 Goku. And he lied before then when he claimed to be only even with Vegeta and if Vegeta couldn't beat Buu, there was no way he could have.

Except we don't need a statement here. Super buu was stronger than kid buu, and ss3 goku couldn't beat kid buu.

Anth0ny

going by super logic, goten and trunks should become ridiculously powerful if they keep training

their base is absurdly high. little bastards were basically born super saiyans.

don't even get started on pan or bra.

bruh

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
going by super logic, goten and trunks should become ridiculously powerful if they keep training

their base is absurdly high. little bastards were basically born super saiyans.

don't even get started on pan or bra.

bruh

Pan's flying into space at like 6-months-old, she gonna make Beerus look like a little bitch when she grows up.

No way. SSJ Gohan is way beyond that Piccolo.

True, but Piccolo's in better shape than Gohan at the moment. Once Gohan rounds back into form it won't be a contest, until then Piccolo could give him a good fight.

King Kai is gonna snap one day, poor guy just wants to stop being terrorized by Goku, and killing Goku will just make it worse since he'll never go away.

just hop back in when the Tournament of Power starts. you won't have missed anything.

Zamasu arc ends -> Goku and Zeno are like "yeah let's do this tournament" -> Zeno says you need 10 people and, oh yeah, the losers get erased.
great. get to it.
this long, dragging on "recruitment arc" should have been two episodes

The "recruitment arc" would be a lot better if the fighting/action was better.

I like this kind of building up, but cooler looking fights would make this much more exciting for me. The action so far from this week's NEP looks meh just like most of everything else so far so whatev.

Wait is Mystic Gohan REALLY stronger than SSJ3 Goku? I was always under the impression that Goku was stronger but took time to generate the energy needed as he wasn't used to SSJ3.

He's not just stronger, he was leagues ahead of Z SSJ3 Goku. Wasn't even remotely close. Goku, the guy that enjoys fights, didn't want any from Super Buu - the same Buu that Gohan casually destroyed. Actually, Goku said that even he and Vegeta working together wouldn't stand a chance without Fusion. Even SSJ3 Gotenks is stronger than SSJ3 Goku.

Perhaps its for the best that Gohan didn't get the same God-Ki training as Goku and Vegeta. He was so hilariously ahead of them, he'd probably be so overpowered by now if he did. He'd be on some Cell Saga Gohan shit where its just him and then the world.

HeroR

Except we don't need a statement here. Super buu was stronger than kid buu, and ss3 goku couldn't beat kid buu.

It was never said that Super Buu was stronger than Kid Buu anywhere in the manga outside of Goku claiming that he couldn't beat Super Buu. And Super Saiyan 3 Goku could have beaten Kid Buu. The reason why Goku couldn't was because he power drained too fast as a Super Saiyan 3.

He's not just stronger, he was leagues ahead of Z SSJ3 Goku. Wasn't even remotely close. Goku, the guy that enjoys fights, didn't want any from Super Buu - the same Buu that Gohan casually destroyed. Actually, Goku said that even he and Vegeta working together wouldn't stand a chance without Fusion. Even SSJ3 Gotenks is stronger than SSJ3 Goku.

Perhaps its for the best that Gohan didn't get the same God-Ki training as Goku and Vegeta. He was so hilariously ahead of them, he'd probably be so overpowered by now if he did. He'd be on some Cell Saga Gohan shit where its just him and then the world.

Goku also didn't want to fight Fat Buu at all and wouldn't have if they didn't need a decoy. Goku also claimed that Vegeta was equal to him, which is why he couldn't beat Buu.

Goku also didn't want to fight Fat Buu at all and wouldn't have if they didn't need a decoy. Goku also claimed that Vegeta was equal to him, which is why he couldn't beat Buu.

By the time of Goku's statement, almost everyone is dead - there's clearly no other motive. He stood no chance against Super Buu, he was almost scared and practically begging for Vegeta to reconsider Fusion. Quite the difference to Goku's opinion on Kid Buu.

Goku lying or being deceptive in the past is irrelevant - that doesn't mean we should assume he's lying or being deceptive every-time he tries to avoid a fight, that's not how things work. There's clear logical explanations for why he didn't fight Fat Buu til the end or that claimed that Vegeta was his equal. What's the logical explanation here? Was it revealed in the Kid Buu fight? Because all I remember was Goku shitting bricks. He knew he stood no chance, even with Vegeta's help.

Pan's flying into space at like 6-months-old, she gonna make Beerus look like a little bitch when she grows up.

True, but Piccolo's in better shape than Gohan at the moment. Once Gohan rounds back into form it won't be a contest, until then Piccolo could give him a good fight.

See the NEP. Piccolo is giving him a good fight. SSJ Gohan is out of breath fighting weighted Piccolo!

HeroR

By the time of Goku's statement, almost everyone is dead - there's clearly no other motive. He stood no chance against Super Buu, he was almost scared and practically begging for Vegeta to reconsider Fusion. Quite the difference to Goku's opinion on Kid Buu.

Goku lying or being deceptive in the past is irrelevant - that doesn't mean we should assume he's lying or being deceptive every-time he tries to avoid a fight, that's not how things work. There's clear logical explanations for why he didn't fight Fat Buu til the end or that claimed that Vegeta was his equal. What's the logical explanation here? Was it revealed in the Kid Buu fight? Because all I remember was Goku shitting bricks. He knew he stood no chance, even with Vegeta's help.

People were dying against Fat Buu and he thought Buu killed Gohan, and when Krillin begged Goku to fight Buu, he claimed that he couldn't win against Buu if Vegeta didn't. When Piccolo asked Goku point-blank if he went all out and fought Fat Buu could he have won, Goku said no, which we later learned was a bold face lie. He had no real reason to lie to Piccolo since he could have easily said 'I could, but I want the next generation to handle it'. Instead, Goku said he had no chance against Fat Buu even if he went all out and fought until his time was up.

If he lied twice about his power, why would I think he's suddenly being truthful at that moment, especially when he outright lied to Piccolo about his power?

Kid Buu is the weakest (whole) Buu. Other Buus are literally just Buu with added power. Making up some fantasy where Kid Buu for some reason has most power is just meaningless, there's no reason to ever even think that. Kid Buu has zero restraint, that's his danger, that's what was quickly demonstrated with blowing up Earth while Super Buu at least had the patience to wait for Gotenks a bit. Super Buu absolutely could've done the same thing but he wanted a fight.

bang == Ultimate is back

But I want Bang but not Ultimate :|

Gohan the Golden Fighter is way too cool to lose, Mystic is a chump that didn't even amount to anything. Dammit Mystic, first you were a silly asspull, then you accomplished nothing, and now you turned Bang Gohan into a transformation instead of just being default Gohan. Worst form!

Kid Buu is the weakest (whole) Buu. Other Buus are literally just Buu with added power. Making up some fantasy where Kid Buu for some reason has most power is just meaningless, there's no reason to ever even think that. Kid Buu has zero restraint, that's his danger, that's what was quickly demonstrated with blowing up Earth while Super Buu at least had the patience to wait for Gotenks a bit. Super Buu absolutely could've done the same thing but he wanted a fight.

But I want Bang but not Ultimate :|

Gohan the Golden Fighter is way too cool to lose, Mystic is a chump that didn't even amount to anything. Dammit Mystic, first you were a silly asspull, then you accomplished nothing, and now you turned Bang Gohan into a transformation instead of just being default Gohan. Worst form!

tumblr_lzd1ewDysY1qfbz1so1_500.gif

How could you say that after this look. In my opinion the super saiyan look on adult Gohan is nowhere near as good as his ultimate form. The bang reminds me of his cell games SSJ2 form
the best Gohan with the best transformation
so it works with him really well.

And for the buu saga to give him some credit Gohan and Super Vegito were the only characters to beat up super buu.
And the fact the the buu saga regardless of other character progression gotenks, Gohan and Vegeta ended with Goku solving everything

At lest we got this scene
gohan-vs-buu-o.gif

But Gohan's gotta have his bursts of rage into SSJ2! (also reminder that Spopovich vs Videl is one of the best Z moments)

Even after Goku and Vegeta got it, nobody has ever made 2 look as awesome as Gohan always does. Yeahhhh it was great watching Gohan wreck Super Buu, but wholly destroying baddies is Gohan's specialty! Exploding Gohan is best Gohan.

Also what I love about the Gohan tournament reveal of Buu Saga was everyone realizing Gohan = Great Saiyaman = Golden Fighter = Kid That Beat Cell. Mah boy.

That's why I said I never expected him to surpass a Super Saiyan again.
Piccollo would have been training his ass off for like the past five years since Buu saga. And by all indications he was above Perfect Cell level in the Buu saga

I don't know where he stacks up to the Saiyans. He would be stronger than the kids and probably on par with base Gohan. Gohan would be stronger now than he was in the Cell saga, but weaker than when he got his mystic boost.

It was never said that Super Buu was stronger than Kid Buu anywhere in the manga outside of Goku claiming that he couldn't beat Super Buu. And Super Saiyan 3 Goku could have beaten Kid Buu. The reason why Goku couldn't was because he power drained too fast as a Super Saiyan 3.

Is there any logical reason to think Buu would get weaker by having absorbed Gotenks, Piccolo and Gohan?

Why does 17 remember about Goku destroying Buu with the spirit bomb? I thought the wish was to make all the people of Earth forget about it.

Good points of episode:
1. The comedy moments - King Kai's planet, Jaco.
2. Goku and 17 having an interesting moment at the end of the episode.
3. NEP

Bad points:
1. Everything else.

This was a filler ep and it showed.

---

Oh, on the topic of raining. It started raining in Satan City (presuming that Krillin lives where he works) and thus it is raining next episode. Passage of time, yo.

Slaythe

Hey you know what, I enjoyed the episode with the subs.

This episode was basically what Gohan and Krilin got right before the arc, except they couldn't place it anywhere else since 17 wasn't introduced.

I don't mind it at all to be honest.

I enjoy this pacing. You call it slow but really, it isn't, each episode is "a chapter". It's never interrupted with useless zooming and panning with a story cut halfway to end on a cliffhanger.

I am glad we are getting Gohan/Piccolo and Tien/Roshi episodes, this is dope.

I'm actually really excited to see Piccolo get stronger because he has sick techniques. Gohan basically just punches hard ahah, but at least his mystic form is gonna be back. I wonder if they'll actually explain it or he'll just get the bang back and call it a day.

On an unrelated note, anybody else really happy 17 is doing so many kicks ? I was highly disappointed in Cabba but damn, 17 is making up for him.

Why does 17 remember about Goku destroying Buu with the spirit bomb? I thought the wish was to make all the people of Earth forget about it.

I guess it's the same reason Shenron couldn't turn him human, he can't affect people that are stronger than him ?

Slaythe

Rewatching Japanese Z and he's clearly a lot more concerned about the fate of the world than in super.

Was he concerned when he let Vegeta go to get a rematch ?

When he refused to stop Gero before he made the androids ?

When he gave Cell a senzu ?

Or maybe when he fought Vegeta and caused Buu's revival ?

Mmmhhh no I'm sure it was when he refused to fuse with Vegeta again or bring Gohan back, to have a go at Buu himself and endangered everybody in the process !

Baleoce

Bloody Jaco haha. I liked that 17 acknowledged Krillin as his brother xD And yeah, I always thought "this universe 7 team needs more baddies" but then they really put it into perspective for me, just how many of them actually are former baddies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom