• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT6| Put your back into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
so do you guys remember when Gohan goes mystic for the first time, he tries to go super saiyan, but it doesn't actually work, like he can't go super saiyan. What was up with that? Honestly it would have been cool if gohan has lost his super saiyan ability completely in favor of mystic form.

I like to see the world burning.

Who's the better son, gohan or goten ?

=)

goten

he's the youngest super saiyan ever, give that boy an award

so do you guys remember when Gohan goes mystic for the first time, he tries to go super saiyan, but it doesn't actually work, like he can't go super saiyan. What was up with that? Honestly it would have been cool if gohan has lost his super saiyan ability completely in favor of mystic form.

goten

he's the youngest super saiyan ever, give that boy an award
Youngest to do kamehameha

Skeeter49

I didn't want Gohan to lose SSJ, but I wanted him to relearn it to stack onto mystic.
Thought it would have been cool if he repressed the ability to go SSJ, and the Elder Kai had to put him under a trance where he had to fight Cell (in his mind) without SSJ or SSJ2 to get SSJ. Then fight himself as teen Gohan to get SSJ2.

I'm disappointed in how GT and Super handled SSJ for Gohan, even without the way I wanted it handled, the way they've handled it has just been terrible. It would have been best if he lost the ability. I do blame the SSG ritual, because it's clear they wanted that iconic shot of 4 SSJ's + Videl.

Youngest to do kamehameha
And almost the youngest to murder an audience watching a martial arts tournament.

Zero-ELEC

Banned
In pretty sure gohan just can't catch
47a6b59fff9455e81d05b3c2b16eaf36.png
Gohan is near sighted and in the manga he doesn't miss it, Goku throws it too fast without warning.

I didn't want Gohan to lose SSJ, but I wanted him to relearn it to stack onto mystic.
Thought it would have been cool if he repressed the ability to go SSJ, and the Elder Kai had to put him under a trance where he had to fight Cell (in his mind) without SSJ or SSJ2 to get SSJ. Then fight himself as teen Gohan to get SSJ2.

I'm disappointed in how GT and Super handled SSJ for Gohan, even without the way I wanted it handled, the way they've handled it has just been terrible. It would have been best if he lost the ability. I do blame the SSG ritual, because it's clear they wanted that iconic shot of 4 SSJ's + Videl.

And almost the youngest to murder an audience watching a martial arts tournament.
Irrelevant details Xp

Gohan is near sighted and in the manga he doesn't miss it, Goku throws it too fast without warning.
Mmmmhmm

Completely agree. Too many SSJ1 and SSJ2's running around. Future Trunks unique SSJ form and Gohan's ultimate transformation, things unique to characters, are more interesting

Daingurse

Completely agree. Too many SSJ1 and SSJ2's running around. Future Trunks unique SSJ form and Gohan's ultimate transformation, things unique to characters, are more interesting

Meh. Dude just looks too cool as a SSJ. Really don't want to see that transformation dissappear for him completely. I wish there was a way to make everyone happy. Ultimate by it's very nature makes SSJ completely redundant though, so that's hard lol.

Why would they need that for a fun lil harmless tournament.......

ROFL!

I get that Gohan is trying to prevent a panic, but man, I do not agree with him hiding the stakes from everyone!

Kagari

Crystal Bearer

Well yeah that's exactly it. Same reason they had him SSJ in Resurrection F... someone had to be the iconic OG.

Took 88 episodes but at least Ultimate Gohan is coming back and looks to be his thing going into the tournament. If he stacks a powerup on top of that, I'm good.

seriously though what the hell was Trunks' sinner saiyan transformation? ok so it was achieved by rage, same as SSJ1 and 2 initially.

im gonna head canon that it was the true super saiyan 3 and Goku's is some crazy unnatural shit that shouldn't be possible in the living world, there, no one tell me otherwise.

Hell, where is New Namek's Guru? EVERYONE should be getting their potential unlocked. Universal Survival is no game!

i think guru was special, i don't think it's a power you can just obtain, but there's no indication either way

So you want Goten to get weaker?

i'm sure i have no idea what you're talking about

They should take elder kai into the ROSAT and do unlocked potential for everyone.
is he still dead? can he go to earth if he's dead?

I always really liked her voice even if people said it sounded too gravel-y for Gohan. Colleen is a great actor too, just unfortunate that I can't unhear Luffy.

i like colleen too, but she doesnt compare to the greatness of old for me, unfortunately

seriously though what the hell was Trunks' sinner saiyan transformation? ok so it was achieved by rage, same as SSJ1 and 2 initially.

im gonna head canon that it was the true super saiyan 3 and Goku's is some crazy unnatural shit that shouldn't be possible in the living world, there, no one tell me otherwise.

would be ok if not for gotenks

I just read chapters 22-24 of the manga on Viz, why did they change Vegeta's fight with Black so much? It was kind of clever that he learned his own version of Kaio Ken to defeat Black, but in the anime he just overpowers him.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I like Goten, I just wish he were actually doing things on a regular basis like he was supposed to before Toriyama back-peddled on everything. They need to start developing his character. It's frustrating because nothing's really changed about him despite DB being a series that wasn't afraid to age its cast.

I like Goten, I just wish he were actually doing things on a regular basis like he was supposed to before Toriyama back-peddled on everything. They need to start developing his character. It's frustrating because nothing's really changed about him despite DB being a series that wasn't afraid to age its cast.

toriyama is going to keep drawing goten smaller and smaller until we just never see him again

Amen. Tori backtrack Yama

NeonZ

I just read chapters 22-24 of the manga on Viz, why did they change Vegeta's fight with Black so much? It was kind of clever that he learned his own version of Kaio Ken to defeat Black, but in the anime he just overpowers him.

It's not like he goes from the finished anime material and changes it. Toyotaro bases on the Toriyama outline and just tweaks it in different ways from Toei's at times. I'd guess Toriyama there just mentioned Vegeta overpowering Black after training in the RoSaT, without any specific details.

Toyotaro then added that explanation with the transformation trick since it had already been established that they wouldn't gain much power going back to the RoSaT, while Toei's writers had Vegeta overpowering Black without any specific reason aside from his training (or due to his anger, if you go by Black's words), but afterwards Black just power ups again to keep his image of a constant threat.

Namikaze

No one really knows..Trunks's form looked like a mixture between blue (which imo, he shouldn't have access to) and SSJ2, not really a true SSJ3 or anything. That's an interesting thought, though. Also, "sinner saiyan" lol

L Thammy

Alright, since this thread is basically DBCommunity at this point, I have an idea that I want to float by you guys:

I have never watched GT fully, stopping at about the Trunks forced marriage episode. Would anyone like to see my thoughts as I watch each episode with a set of mostly fresh eyes, giving commentary and making jokes and the like? You can use my recaps of Simpson Halloween episodes as a peak at the template of each review and my general style of writing. I'd try to aim for at least one a week, to make the gap between episodes seem smaller.

I might read them. I'm watching GT for the first time now; just past the Parapara dance.

Daingurse

I like SSJ3 Gotenks waaaaaay more than Goku. That fusion pulls off the transformation the best.

i think guru was special, i don't think it's a power you can just obtain, but there's no indication either way

Good point. Guru could have been a special case. The new Elder might need a few millenia to unlock that ability lol.

Haha, I love that gif man. Gohan turning SSJ2 at the World Tournament was just too badass!

Other than Videl, I think Goten is the character that has been nerfed the most.

Videl at least still has her relationship with Gohan, which is cute.

Goten doesn't really have much at all.

HardRojo

Punished Super Saiyan. It'd have been much better if they had commented on it, maybe something along these lines: Battling against Gods and alongside God ki users had an impact on Trunks' ki, he started tapping onto it but wasn't quite there yet, he's just beginning to understand it and will not be able to tap completely into it without further training, which will take quite a while.
A simple and effective answer, yet we're left with absolutely no freaking explanation about the whole thing, which soured me a bit on the Black arc. There are many little things (easily fixable) in the Black arc that ultimately had an impact on my overall enjoyment of it.
Haha, I love that gif man. Gohan turning SSJ2 at the World Tournament was just too badass!
That actually might be my favorite Gohan costume. Saiyaman outfit (Without the cape, helmet and glasses) coupled with SS2 just looks way too badass, and it's even better when he goes into battle damage mode and simply wears the torn spandex.

Daingurse

I still want to know, what the fuck Trunks achieved. I was totally cool with the form, and Trunk's level of power, but not knowing exactly what he did . . . That still bothers me, man.

Like was he channeling God Ki or something? Aura kinda had that look . . .

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Other than Videl, I think Goten is the character that has been nerfed the most.

Videl at least still has her relationship with Gohan, which is cute.

Goten doesn't really have much at all.

You know what I'd like to see? A small arc or a one-off episode where Videl enters the World Martial Arts Tournament and takes the title from her dad without any cheating or anything. Like, she convinces Buu not to go and wins the whole thing.

No one really knows..Trunks's form looked like a mixture between blue (which imo, he shouldn't have access to) and SSJ2, not really a true SSJ3 or anything. That's an interesting thought, though. Also, "sinner saiyan" lol

i have more more completely made up evidence

Sinner Saiyan doesn't look that physically different from SSJ2, just like how SSJ2 doesn't look that physically different from SSJ1. The main difference was a different aura effect, lightning for 2 and then the blue aura for Sinner.

Goku's SSJ3 looks very different physically, much like how the bulky USSJ forms looked very different, they also had no additional aura effects from the previous form. They all had big drawbacks that SSJ2 and Sinner don't, USSJ made you slow and SSJ3 drains ki too fast.

Goku's SSJ3 falls more in line with the flawed transformations, Trunks's form falls more in line with the "true/perfected" transformations, right down to how they were initially achieved.

Send me my check Toriyama.

i have more more completely made up evidence

Sinner Saiyan doesn't look that physically different from SSJ2, just like how SSJ2 doesn't look that physically different from SSJ1. The main difference was a different aura effect, lightning for 2 and then the blue aura for Sinner.

Goku's SSJ3 looks very different physically, much like how the bulky USSJ forms looked very different, they also had no additional aura effects from the previous form. They all had big drawbacks that SSJ2 and Sinner don't, USSJ made you slow and SSJ3 drains ki too fast.

Goku's SSJ3 falls more in line with the flawed transformations, Trunks's form falls more in line with the "true/perfected" transformations, right down to how they were initially achieved.

Send me my check Toriyama.

it's very slightly different

trunks gets longer hair and it becomes a more saturated golden color

his eyes also get a slightly thicker outline

ie: didn't even read your whole post before i posted this lol

Daingurse

That actually might be my favorite Gohan costume. Saiyaman outfit (Without the cape, helmet and glasses) coupled with SS2 just looks way too badass, and it's even better when he goes into battle damage mode and simply wears the torn spandex.

The stripped down Saiyaman outfit, and the black spandex, both looked really great. Also had some very memorable moments attached to each!

HardRojo

Might not be a popular opinion but I'd like to see Goku like this once in Super. Probably never happening though as they've done away with the RoF outfits.
I've stated it countless times before, but I fucking love the RoF Saiyan armor (just look at my avatar lol).

Might not be a popular opinion but I'd like to see Goku like this once in Super. Probably never happening though as they've done away with the RoF outfits.
I've stated it countless times before, but I fucking love the RoF Saiyan armor (just look at my avatar lol).

giphy.gif

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
RoF outfits were so good. Reverting to the old ones was a huge mistake.

HardRojo

RoF outfits were so good. Reverting to the old ones was a huge mistake.

Yep, it's weird because I recall Bulma (or Vegeta) mentioning that the new Saiyan armor was an improvement over the old one, so there's literally no reason to go back to it, but whatever :( Guess they wanted to stick to the classic gi and armor. A real shame.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom