• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT6| Put your back into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tate's only good fight scene was the one with Buu vs Dog. I hate how he styles movements. The recent fight had some good drawings during closeups but that's most of what I liked from it.

TreIII

Yes... his time has come.

Also I don't know if you guys noticed, but his voice actor deepened his voice a whole lot, to make him sound more mature.

Is it? I just assumed it was an effect of his seiyuu getting up there, himself. It's basically the same type of tone he uses for roles like Mouri Motonari in Sengoku BASARA.

Yeah but then it exploded.

I was hoping they would go for that, as it would have removed all the complaints about power level.

Maybe they can just add that information later on, retroactively.

It didn't explode right away though. Could have still gotten a good amount of juice.

Power levels are out of whack here.

Blue is now a worthless form, even though it is something that is able to take on a GoD.

And why does Goku speak in a different tone when in Blue?

Hasn't Blue always been worthless though? What did Blue solve in the Future Trunks arc? Wasn't Blue immediately jobbed for Kaioken Blue in the Universe 6 arc?

I'm not a fan of any of the God transformations. Isn't the concept of the red-haired one that you get it once and then it disappears after the god power finishes filling up your body? And then you don't need it any more? And then Blue, well we've gone over Blue. I don't care for either of those transformations

Daingurse

Getting bent out of shape because 17 is buff as hell is pretty hilarious. It's not a surprise at all, especially considering their origins and the logic setup through Freeza.

Yeah, it's really not that hard to accept. It's about the same level as Frieza's boost for me, which I found immensely amusing. The biologically enhanced, human weapon has immense potential? Ok.

I honestly don't have a problem with this. It's a bit surprising sure, but like Dende said, people have been sleeping on earth. Android 1 7 became a juggernaut under everyone's noses lol.

I wonder if 17 is going to join the main cast now after this arc, he's super strong and it's super easy to rationalize why he wouldn't be at the tournament in the end of Z.

Swarna

This show was BS from episode 1. Seriously, god powers from a dumb ritual that the characters never seemed to bring up again despite it being super useful, fights with no weight, build-up, or emotion to them, arcs where stuff just happens for literally no reason, etc. Hilarious if you think this somehow ruins the show NOW.

Time to get with the program. Characters are as relevant as their most current writing. Wouldn't be surprised if Gohan/Piccolo hit god level after a single training session. Piccolo beat the shit out of 17 during the Cell arc.

Slaythe

Nope, which is why I'm bummed that they didn't show us.

The worst part is that they could have just let 17 mention them, but they went out of their way to get his phone out and give us nothing... I wonder if they'd add a family shot in the bluray version.

It didn't explode right away though. Could have still gotten a good amount of juice.

That'd be really cool if he reveals he did that in the tournament. I loved how he created his barrier.

Is it? I just assumed it was an effect of his seiyuu getting up there, himself. It's basically the same type of tone he uses for roles like Mouri Motonari in Sengoku BASARA.

He doesn't sound like that in the video games etc... when he does 17. That being said, it's probably closer to his natural voice since he has aged. So he probably seized the opportunity not to have to get his pitch higher.

Slaythe

I wonder if 17 is going to join the main cast now after this arc, he's super strong and it's super easy to rationalize why he wouldn't be at the tournament in the end of Z.

He is probably gonna be a wild card character. Like future Trunks.

Which means not a main character, but he could show up for important stuff once in a while, or Goten and Trunks could get ranger arcs with him. Who knows.

At least he won't be forgotten like he was until now.

Slaythe

This show was BS from episode 1. Seriously, god powers from a dumb ritual that the characters never seemed to bring up again despite it being super useful, fights with no weight, build-up, or emotion to them, arcs where stuff just happens for literally no reason, etc. Hilarious if you think this somehow ruins the show NOW.

Time to get with the program. Characters are as relevant as their most current writing. Wouldn't be surprised if Gohan/Piccolo hit god level after a single training session. Piccolo beat the shit out of 17 during the Cell arc.

That was literally the most even fight of the entire series.

And 17 wasn't getting tired so he had the edge.

Yeah, it's really not that hard to accept. It's about the same level as Frieza's boost for me, which I found immensely amusing. The biologically enhanced, human weapon has immense potential? Ok.

I honestly don't have a problem with this. It's a bit surprising sure, but like Dende said, people have been sleeping on earth. Android 1 7 became a juggernaut under everyone's noses lol.

To be fair the guys can't sense his ki to know lol

NimbusD

Ill take 17 being as strong as goku because honestly anyone being as strong as goku wouldn't be believable, but it's what we all want. They wrote themselves into a corner by giving him a saiyan specific god-level upgrade. Means only a handful of previous characters can reach his level.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer

Oh I fully expect Gohan and Piccolo to get some sort of boost.

Slaythe

So #17 overlooked all the earth crisis because why bother? even tho of his awesome power level?

He doesn't know how to feel ki.

He was never aware of any earth crisis until he got killed.

He was aware for Buu but could not locate him even if he wanted to, and then the earth blew up. We also don't know how strong he was during the buu saga.

And he has shown he doesn't plan on going against fatality. Goku literally just told him the universe would end and he was like "heh, if that happens, so be it".

Hydrus

Nah, He'll stick around for this arc, and we wont see him again until fans beg to have him back in 10 years.

DBZ for me is everything up to Cell saga. Everything after that is just a fun bonus. I've accepted the fact that Super is just a huge mash up of everything that people like about the whole DB franchise and it's just about having fun.

Slaythe

I guess. Whatever services the plot, right?

Everybody gets relevant. What is wrong with that though ?

They always trivialized older threats.

And they don't have Krilin on 17's level. 17 is the exception because yeah, he was above Frieza and the Saiyans without training. If THEY can train and get stronger, then so can he. Remember he doesn't ever get tired so his training sessions must have been one hell of a thing.

Malvingt2

He doesn't know how to feel ki.

He was never aware of any earth crisis until he got killed.

He was aware for Buu but could not locate him even if he wanted to, and then the earth blew up. We also don't know how strong he was during the buu saga.

And he has shown he doesn't plan on going against fatality. Goku literally just told him the universe would end and he was like "heh, if that happens, so be it".

So we have to guess to that Dende didn't know at the time #17 power level + family... etc?

Also Blue form is such a wasted.. what a trash transformation.. the gap that such thing created is the reason why they are doing stuff like #17..

Kazuhira

I really liked 17 in this episode,he has changed a lot.
He needs to share his training program because that was one hell of an upgrade,it's almost bullshit that destroying tanks and deflecting bullets helped him to reach that power level.
Bah whatever,i'm just gonna turn my brain off and try to enjoy the show for what it is.

Because it's bullshit.

I literally read all of your posts in Piccolo's dub voice :p and I hope Piccolo has received a power boost comparable to 17. Piccolo deserves respect. He was THE threat to earth at one point and as an ally he has done so much. In the Frieza and Android arcs was even the strongest character at points. He should be a threat in this arc

Slaythe

So we have to guess to that Dende didn't know at the time #17 power level + family... etc?

Also Blue form is such a wasted.. what a trash transformation.. the gap that such thing created is the reason why they are doing stuff like #17..

It's very clear they are trying to legitimize the Z era(making Gohan and Buu relevant before their training was proof of that), the problem is the entire first year of DBSuper was garbage and now you have two conflicting ideologies going on. So yeah instead of Blue being not that strong, you have characters like 17 and Frieza becoming exceptionally powerful.

The problem is that Blue has NO ability of its own, god ki so what ? Trunks didn't have god ki and he didn't care. That's pretty annoying. If Blue had some unique powers, it would be easy to rationalize why they made a big deal out of it.

As for Dendé, you don't know when he searched for 17. Maybe he noticed him precisely because of his training, and we don't know when that happened. If it keeps up you at night, tell yourself it was after 17 got killed by Buu.
I literally read all of your posts in Piccolo's dub voice :p and I hope Piccolo has received a power boost comparable to 17. Piccolo deserves respect. He was THE threat to earth at one point and as an ally he has done so much. In the Frieza and Android arcs was even the strongest character at points. He should be a threat in this arc

Well, Piccolo isn't on this card :

PBS-17.png

But I hope he gets a lot stronger. Awaken his old god powers or whatever. He was also a lot stronger than Frieza after all so he should be able to get far higher.

And Gohan has the Trunks bullshit for precedent.

It wouldn't surprise me that in mere hours Piccolo and Gohan surpass Goku.

Anything can happen now. The power scale is completely fucked.

the problem is the entire first year of DBSuper was garbage and now you have two conflicting ideologies going on.

This is how I feel. The movie adaptation arcs seemed to be headed towards this god power direction for the series while the Champa, Future Trunks and especially the Universe Tournament arc seem more interested in kind of just not acknowledging power levels or worrying about detailed concepts as far as power levels go. These arcs also seem more interested in doing things with the supporting cast (though Return of F did bring in Frieza's army for the supporting cast to fight). There is definitely a conflict of ideology

It wouldn't surprise me that in mere hours Piccolo and Gohan surpass Goku.

Anything can happen now. The power scale is completely fucked.

Is the Dragon Ball power scale worth protecting though?

Well, Piccolo isn't on this card :

PBS-17.png

I like 17 being the third most capable fighter. If that is what the card is implying, I'm on board.

Kyzer

Banned
I swear like once a month I come in here and make the same "lol people are still trying to rationalize power levels" post

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Power Creep is the same as it's ever been, it's just collapsed under its own weight at this point. Glad they're bringing in support characters again.

Honestly, it's Dragon Ball, they can give whatever reason they want for getting stronger. I mean, how strong did Goku get in 10 years from the start of DB to the beginning of Z? (Waiting for someone to give me literal power levels, lol). Not that hard to think someone like 17 or Frieza could have boosts too.

I do take issue with how handwaved it is. I like things to be explained, but nothing has gotten quite as left field as Goten and Trunks' SSJ transformations and I do appreciate seeing other characters do stuff regardless.

Kyzer

Banned
and? cya next month?

You could say "and?" to any post about anything. Im basically saying theres no rationalizing power levels, as well as observing that its something that people struggle with consistently, if you couldnt piece it together.

Power Creep is the same as it's ever been, it's just collapsed under its own weight at this point. Glad they're bringing in support characters again.

Honestly, it's Dragon Ball, they can give whatever reason they want for getting stronger. I mean, how strong did Goku get in 10 years from the start of DB to the beginning of Z? (Waiting for someone to give me literal power levels, lol). Not that hard to think someone like 17 or Frieza could have boosts too.

I do take issue with how handwaved it is. I like things to be explained, but nothing has gotten quite as left field as Goten and Trunks' SSJ transformations and I do appreciate seeing other characters do stuff regardless.

You can't be fucking serious. Goku trained with Gohan, Roshi, Korin, Popo and Kami.

17 did nothing but mountain training. Alone.

Anth0ny

17 is fine with letting the universe get blown up, when Buu came around he probably took the same mindset "whatever happens happens, I don't need to get involved". Unless Buu came to his island and started eating animals 17 aint doing jack shit but going with the flow.

I guess when Buu shot all those beams down and killed everyone on earth he missed Lapis and all of his animals

Mory Dunz

Glad everyone is equal now. It's been a long time coming but we made it

You guys complaining: Blue this, Gold this, Rose this.

I personally don't see color

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom