• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT6| Put your back into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slaythe

You can't be fucking serious. Goku trained with Gohan, Roshi, Korin, Popo and Kami.

17 did nothing but mountain training. Alone.

He didn't train alone for 4 months, he spent 10 years.

Plus remember he has infinite stamina so he can keep up his training sessions for super long.

I guess when Buu shot all those beams down and killed everyone on earth he missed Lapis and all of his animals

Buu can't feel 17 so he obviously didn't target him.

I hope this weird post glitch is fixed soon.
You can't be fucking serious. Goku trained with Gohan, Roshi, Korin, Popo and Kami.

Like Vegeta? You can argue Vegeta had his gravity chamber, but 17's base power is way higher than his so that probably makes up the difference.

Slaythe

Still bullshit.

How is it bullshit though ?

Training with someone makes things faster, but it's not mandatory.

Anybody doing sports at high level have to train on their own too you know. I don't see why it would be different here.

17 has infinite stamina, that means he can put himself through more intense training than anybody else.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.

10 years is a long time and 17 was on a level about equal to Piccolo in the Cell Saga, and that with zero training. Incidentally, Piccolo is now back doing stuff too. I mean, no, it's not the best explanation, but in the context of Super it's not entirely unbelievable.

Mory Dunz

oh wow...y'all are serious in here.

edit:
Does it really matter lol?
Whatever side you're on, any important fight will come down to Goku and Vegeta in the end. Who cares if Piccolo and 17 beat X scrub....?

I thought it was funny that 17 said he knew who Trunks is, but Goku didn't bother explaining that he doesn't know this Trunks.
Also it was cute that he was proud of how strong Goten is.

Slaythe

I thought it was funny that 17 said he knew who Trunks is, but Goku didn't bother explaining that he doesn't know this Trunks.
Also it was cute that he was proud of how strong Goten is.

Well the funny thing is rather that he never heard the name "Trunks" before.

Which would imply he was conscious when within Cell. (I suggested it was the case, since he became a park ranger to protect nature, it felt like a direct answer to 16's speech, that cell killed in front of Gohan)

also arched, are you gonna work on gifs or do I have to make them this week ?

Well the funny thing is rather that he never heard the name "Trunks" before.

Which would imply he was conscious when within Cell. (I suggested it was the case, since he became a park ranger to protect nature, it felt like a direct answer to 16's speech, that cell killed in front of Gohan)

also arched, are you gonna work on gifs or do I have to make them this week ?

I'll do em later tonight.

Did nobody ever say Trunks' name around 17?

Slaythe

I guess 18 could have mentioned Trunks when they met after the Cell saga.

But 17 certainly never heard his name in Z.

weshes195

Still bullshit.

Aye lol Dude, 90% of your complaints have been answered. It may not be to your liking but this is not some special, never before seen bullshit in this show. I mean, you are literally taking power levels seriously...

Okay imagine this: Z, compared to OG Dragonball, is even more jumping the shark batshit insane than super is to Z. Are you willing to write off Z now? Heck, so many characters were thrown out because it didn't fit with the author's (and fans) current needs or situations because of how more serious and insane the show became.

Super isn't special. It has only continued the insane power levels (lol seriously you're like Namek Vegeta right now) and other insane stuff. Not saying your can't critisize something you don't like or feels like bullshit. I find that gotten and trunks turning super saiyan crazier than anything in Super.

Just don't act like this is completely new or something impossible in Dragonball. It isn't.

Well no because then he'd know who Goten is.

But hey cutie pie, answer me this :

When shitccolo fused with kami, and somehow completely outclassed Frieza and matched the androids, did it bother you ?

Eh? No. It was already confirmed Piccolo was as strong as Super Saiyans by Krillin.

Did the episode explain the infinite stamina thing being the catalyst of his good training? Or did they just say "he trained"? Did they give an explanation? I guess people want a full on explanation instead of inferring things that are probably correct, but most shonen have a line or two to get shit going.

Personally, this one makes more sense than Trunks full stop,but I can see why someone might not be happy with the basic answer if that's what they gave.

you-amp-039-re-tearing-this-family-apart_fb_2784135.jpg

Skeeter49

Goes from on par with Farmer with Shotgun to stronger than SSJ, no one complains.
Goes from stronger than SSJ to on par with SSB, suddenly bullshit.

Azerare

I felt 17s power increase was well within reason from the shows context on how he had infinite energy and he was definitely more of the fighter between him and 18.

SSB was such a stupid transformation. It's like a filler power up. I feel like we got Rose because of blue. And Rose looks awesome on Goku Black so I appreciate Blue for that.

Everyone wants to talk about 17, but honestly the thing that got me most excited was the fact that they spent a good minute or two talking about Uub.

Slaythe

Eh? No. It was already confirmed Piccolo was as strong as Super Saiyans by Krillin.

That's not exactly what he said though.

83b049212f79dbb0733c95752bd89e51.png

As in "wow he's not even a super saiyan yet he's impressive". But it was confirmed Piccolo was weaker than Vegeta.

And it's also irrelevant because of this :

4c13803c5a570005d34e964eb5dec2d7.png

The fact is that by merging with a Dragon Ball tier character (Kami), Piccolo ended up getting as powerful as the strongest character (at the time).

Talk about completely undeserved.

Mory Dunz

SSB was such a stupid transformation. It's like a filler power up. I feel like we got Rose because of blue. And Rose looks awesome on Goku Black so I appreciate Blue for that.

that's one thing we can all agree on.
I would think.

It felt too soon after SSG and didn't have qutie the punch of....well any other transformations. Even SSB Kaio Ken was done better than Blue imo.

That's not exactly what he said though.

83b049212f79dbb0733c95752bd89e51.png

As in "wow he's not even a super saiyan yet he's impressive". But it was confirmed Piccolo was weaker than Vegeta.

And it's also irrelevant because of this :

4c13803c5a570005d34e964eb5dec2d7.png

The fact is that by merging with a Dragon Ball tier character (Kami), Piccolo ended up getting as powerful as the strongest character (at the time).

Talk about completely undeserved.

Merging back with Kami doubles his power. I see nothing wrong with that...

Anth0ny

If Freeza could train and reach ~SSB strength, I see no reason why 17 couldn't either.

Difference is Freeza was tortured in hell and probably had hella inspiration to train his fucking ass off in order to kill the saiyans.

17 seems like a happy dude just chilling with animals, not sure exactly where the super crazy training fits in lol

If Freeza could train and reach ~SSB strength, I see no reason why 17 couldn't either.

Difference is Freeza was tortured in hell and probably had hella inspiration to train his fucking ass off in order to kill the saiyans.

17 seems like a happy dude just chilling with animals, not sure exactly where the super crazy training fits in lol

It doesn't fit because it's bullshit.

17 was proud of his power during the Android arc and then he got shown up and humiliated by Cell, it doesn't seem like a stretch that he would train to me.

Anth0ny

It doesn't fit because it's bullshit.

I feel like this is all easily solved, but Super really has a problem with... giving certain things an explanation. Tell them the universe it at stake, suddenly 17 and 18 have something to fight for (their families), they go in ROSAT, train their asses off and come out SSB strength.

Slaythe

b47b6c3762f1a4a92ca96dd3e2ae8683.png

9c1c2874939979b29176bf0fc31efce8.png

6c2cf93739bf56376b40c40202f28d4c.png

So you're telling me, that this guy, after the humiliation he faced, comes back to life, and doesn't even attempt to get stronger ? Really ?

SSG was the biggest mistake. Portraying it as rippling through the universe set a horrible standard for the rest of the show.

Exactly. Nothing makes sense after that. How come the universe never exploded any time after that when Goku has put in real effort? THAT is the biggest frustration of power levels when it comes to Super. Not 17 being in the ball park of SS Blue

Goku had to literally punch Beerus in the right spots to make it so their blows wouldn't shatter the universe and people say 17 has broken the ability for immersion in Dragon Ball

^Honestly, I just ignore episode 12 completely.

I do wonder if Super Saiyan God and Blue got nerfed in Super all the way back in the retellings and we just didn't know. In the BoG arc they changed it so Beerus says he went all out, but then Whis calls his lie later and it's not made clear exactly how much of his power he was using in the fight.

Exactly. Nothing makes sense after that. How come the universe never exploded any time after that when Goku has put in real effort? THAT is the biggest frustration of power levels when it comes to Super. Not 17 being in the ball park of SS Blue

It creates the expectation that the rest of whoever Goku fights is literally on that level, or more powerful. It also means he shouldn't be struggling.

Unfortunately, that set the standard for a lot of people. If Blue were, say, SSJ4 levels, do you think people would be mad? Or if God Ki wasn't jerked off so much? Probably not.

Additionally, it would have been better for Super to show the training. DB has always had bullshit, but showing how they trained and the nteh fruits of the labor helped ease people in. I get why people don't like this with those two things. It's about how much you are willing to forgive, in any medium, and for some with Dragon Ball Super that line is short.

I don't blame people who care, and I don't think people who ignore it are wrong. It's just kinda how Super turned out.

^Honestly, I just ignore episode 12 completely.

I do wonder if Super Saiyan God and Blue got nerfed in Super all the way back in the retellings and we just didn't know. In the BoG arc they changed it so Beerus says he went all out, but then Whis calls his lie later and it's not made clear exactly how much of his power he was using in the fight.

Depending on the person, that's easier said than done lol. All shonen has a moment where it's like "what in the fuck" and you either power through or you hate it.

And if they are going for the nerf aspect, I'd expect them to explain that outright, so I don't think it's that.

I've always had the complaint that it was dumb that Gero made robots and cyborgs stronger than Frieza, that kind of arc should've happened before Frieza.

Real quick and with the power of hindsight I would've changed it around to something like:
DBZ starts with the androids instead of Raditz, Gohan's(whoever I don't care it just can't be Trunks) the time traveller and it ends with hints of Cell's existence and another time machine.(he still comes after Frieza along with Trunks) Gohan coming back changes shit and somehow results in Raditz coming to earth, Saiyan/Frieza stuff progresses as usual. Cell can just get the dragonballs and wish the androids back so he can transform.

I don't have Trunks coming back first because then I have to figure what happened with Raditz showing up with the androids around and everyone dead and I'm too lazy.

Skeeter49

17 said in this episode he wanted to get stronger.

I didn't like Blue at first, but it's grown on me. I didn't like any god powers at first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom