• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT6| Put your back into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HardRojo

The universe punching itself wasn't the real problem, it's just they should've never let Goku keep that power.

Getting back to that level of power on his own could've been something for Goku to aspire to.

Beerus: maybe one day you can reach and surpass that power on your own, who knows you might force me to actually get a little serious
This would have actually been nice.

I really liked the whole scene and how the music was used where Goku reveals his power to bergamo in the exhibition match.
That and when Vegeta gives his beatdown speech to Black.

His talk to Cabba was pretty cool too.

Looking back, I like Krillin's recent episode the most. He's gotten stronger, but at least we can see he had a gym room upstair, and he still doesn't come close to the level of SSB. We knew he trained and has gotten stronger than before, but he doesn't have that bullshit power jump and instead he mainly perfected his techniques, like the extended Solar Flare technique.

Huh Krillin gave up training until recently while 17 has apparently being was doing his thing for around the same time.

And he has supposed infinite energy, stamina and slowly ages? Gains are gains no matter how long it takes.

The salt here is past God mode lol.
I think a lot of things here were left out for a reason, not just because. It would be better for hype to explain his power raise later.

weshes195

I wish this idea would die off. There's nothing wrong with the power scaling in Z.

Dude you are flat out lying to us and to your self. Like completely wrong. Just because it wasn't as blunt and insane as this doesn't mean it wasn't stupid.

Don't know why I am trying to be reasonable, you are clearly acting like a 5 year old when something he doesn't like happens and starts to act like everything is ruined and no one can talk any sense to him.

If it is nighttime where you are go to sleep or eat or run. Because you are embarrassing both yourself and anyone who wishes to discuss Dragonball (including some things your are complaining about).

All you are doing now is shitposting. Stop it.

Dude you are flat out lying to us and to your self. Like completely wrong. Just because it wasn't as blunt and insane as this doesn't mean it wasn't stupid.

Don't know why I am trying to be reasonable, you are clearly acting like a 5 year old when something he doesn't like happens and starts to act like everything is ruined and no one can talk any sense to him.

If it is nighttime where you are go to sleep or eat or run. Because you are embarrassing both yourself and anyone who wishes to discuss Dragonball (including some things your are complaining about).

All you are doing now is shitposting. Stop it.

Again. There's nothing wrong with the power scaling in Z.

I wish this idea would die off. There's nothing wrong with the power scaling in Z.

giphy.gif

Now you're just fucking trolling dude.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Those gains pale in comparison to 17's. They are not even comparable.
17(and 18) is a cyborg freak of nature that when introduced is millions of times stronger than frieza, him training for 10 years and reaching (possiby) universe buster level? Pretty believable.

weshes195

As I said above, "You are clearly acting like a 5 year old when something he doesn't like happens and starts to act like everything is ruined and no one can talk any sense to him."

You are in complete denial. Like, even I wished to do a debate with like Slaythe did (not like it would matter anyway) you would just ignore everything posted and turn it around to "make sense" even if it doesn't.

Because you have to be right, Dragonball Z has to be this nearly perfect show that is clearly the best shounen when it comes to powers and their realistic usage (don't know how I wrote those words) and no one can tell you otherwise.

Geez. Some people.

Lmao.

The power scaling was so off they had to invent the saiyan get stronger arbitrarily from being beaten up, then full transformations for saiyans then having saiyan fusions. People were getting hundreds or thousands times stronger in the period of single arcs as long as they were saiyan because reasons.

Child Gohan by the end of namek would have been so much stronger than every other person ever on Earth despite all of the series leading up to that point, and able to repel the saiyan invasion that nearly killed everyone the previous arc single handedly. And that was true for practically every development in Z.

It's one thing to be fine with it, it's another to deny how stupidly over the top it was.

hupla

Well no one has said an example.
It was right below your post but here
I do have to wonder why we didn't get to see 17's family. My two guesses are that they just haven't made designs for them yet or maybe his wife will be an existing character and that will be a reveal later.

Gohan surpassed Goku's strength from the beginning of Z as a toddler, Goku got massively stronger training for 6 days on his way to Namek, Piccolo got stronger than second form Freeza by fusing with a Namekian that couldn't even touch first form Freeza, Vegeta became a Super Saiyan just by training by himself, Gero made 6 androids stronger than Freeza using data that ended after the Saiyan arc, Goten and Trunks became Super Saiyans as small children just cause.

weshes195

Lmao.

The power scaling was so off they had to invent the saiyan get stronger arbitrarily from being beaten up, then full transformations for saiyans then having saiyan fusions. People were getting hundreds or thousands times stronger in the period of single arcs as long as they were saiyan because reasons.

Child Gohan by the end of namek would have been so much stronger than every other person ever on Earth despite all of the series leading up to that point, and able to repel the saiyan invasion that nearly killed everyone the previous arc single handedly. And that was true for practically every development in Z.

It's one thing to be fine with it, it's another to deny how stupidly over the top it was.

Thank you! I was going to post it but didn't have enough energy. The Zenkai is the definition of bullshit. How is someone gonna complain about this crap and ignore the thing that is so freaking stupid.

The only thing in OG Dragonball that hinted toward that was the Korins water.

VDenter

Banned
What exactly is wrong with it?

Everything is explained in the arc...

Stuff kept ballooning to a ridiculous degree. Just because it was explained does not make it any less ridiculous Especially since on Namek everything happens with in a span of one week. Honestly this Episode of DBS was pretty bad in this regard. But to say that dragon ball never did stuff like this before is insane.

jrDev

Is there anywhere I can watch this online in the English dub?

Also the OP says it's starts before the end of Dragon Ball Z, iirc, is that the baby buu ark?

Slaythe

Not only that, but let's not forget even Yamcha was a lot stronger than beginning of Z Goku by the time he was done training "for a year", waiting for the saiyans...

Even though he was completely outclassed up until that point in Dragon Ball.

Skeeter49

in 2 years Goku went from a power level of 1000, to stronger than Final Form Frieza. Because Zenkai Boost is not a good reason. The Zenkai boost logic is fine, but each one is inconsistent in how strong it makes Goku/ Vegeta/ Gohan. Goku went from 180,000 fighting Ginyu to stronger than however strong Final Form Frieza is, significantly stronger than 2 million.

How?

Is there anywhere I can watch this online in the English dub?

Also the OP says it's starts before the end of Dragon Ball Z, iirc, is that the baby buu ark?

I have links to sites that you can watch it on in the OP.

The end of Z is the tournament where Goku meets Uub for the first time.

Slaythe

There's also the ridiculous Super Saiyan 3.

Literally "he trained off screen" was the reason.

A level that completely trivialized : Perfect Cell, Majin Vegeta, SSj2 Gohan.

It was right below your post but here

Gohan surpassing Goku is explained by Vegeta in the same chapter. Hybrid + rage boosts.

Goku trained in a gravity 100 times that of Earth.

Fusions make powerful fighters... What is wrong here?

Turning into a Super Saiyan needs two people? I don't see what's wrong here.

I suppose this one is a bit valid but Gero did say he calculated Goku's growth and took it into account.

Future Trunks became a Super Saiyan as a teen by training with Future Gohan for a year. I see nothing wrong with two kids that train together becoming one.

in 2 years Goku went from a power level of 1000, to stronger than Final Form Frieza. Because Zenkai Boost is not a good reason. The Zenkai boost logic is fine, but each one is inconsistent in how strong it makes Goku/ Vegeta/ Gohan. Goku went from 180,000 fighting Ginyu to stronger than however strong Final Form Frieza is, significantly stronger than 2 million.

How?

You don't got the answers sway

SSJ Blue worth shit now, gonna have Bulma next episode breaking Gokus legs when she finds out about the tournaments ramifications caus lol power levels. Gotta sell those toys though, the reason this show has ever existed was to sell merchandise and nothing has changed on that front. Still a little shocked Toei made $2.5 billion last year, can't put any of that towards decent production values but hey ho.

Any bets on the next transformation we will see? I want a variation of SSJ 4, I liked the concept of the Saiyans monkey origin showing up.

KHlover

Banned

How?
We never get a definitive number for Goku's strength after his final Zenkai boost, but considering he has to use Kaioken to be able to keep up with Final Form Frieza he's still significantly weaker than Frieza at that point. SSJ saved his ass.

Zalman

I don't really mind 17 being this strong. We know Goku was holding back, and possibly 17 as well. It's not guaranteed that they would still be equal if both went all out. And because he's an android, he's probably capable of things we couldn't have imagined. It's not the craziest thing that has happened in Dragon Ball.

I really liked the Uub mention too. I hope it's a sign of things to come.

Gohan surpassing Goku is explained by Vegeta in the same chapter. Hybrid + rage boosts.

Goku trained in a gravity 100 times that of Earth.

Fusions make powerful fighters... What is wrong here?

Turning into a Super Saiyan needs two people? I don't see what's wrong here.

I suppose this one is a bit valid but Gero did say he calculated Goku's growth and took it into account.

Future Trunks became a Super Saiyan as a teen by training with Future Gohan for a year. I see nothing wrong with two kids that train together becoming one.

And how is 17 being an android with a base power higher than Freeza, infinite stamina, and 10 years to get stronger less valid than any of those?

I like how everyone is freaking out about SSBlue when Goku is known to sandbag even in his perceived "most powerful" form. He either holds back some in his current form or has another card up his sleeve (whether its intentionally or not).

Since Uub's village is somewhere between Dende's lookout and the island 17 works on I wonder if once we finally get past end of Z we'll see Goku take Uub to 17's island ever.
I like how everyone is freaking out about SSBlue when Goku is known to sandbag even in his perceived "most powerful" form. He either holds back some in his current form or has another card up his sleeve (whether its intentionally or not).

I mean, he straight up said he was holding back, though so was 17. We don't have a perfect comparison between Goku and 17 because of that, but I think it's fair to say that 17 is insanely strong.

And how is 17 being an android with a base power higher than Freeza, infinite stamina, and 10 years to get stronger less valid than any of those?

Because the way he trained.

Mountain training has it's limits. It's the whole reason more effective training methods get introduced....

If they have shown he actually used the time chamber or some gravity room then I would have been ok with it but they didn't. People bring up his stamina and him training all day but he can't even do that since he has a job and a family.

So no. I don't accept this bullshit.

Slaythe

Because the way he trained.

Mountain training has it's limits. It's the whole reason more effective training methods get introduced....

More effective means he could have gotten to that point faster. Not that he could have never reached it on his own.

If he used Frieza's method it would have taken him 4 months, cool. He had 10 years. That's the cons.

If they have shown he actually used the time chamber or some gravity room then I would have been ok with it but they didn't. People bring up his stamina and him training all day but he can't even do that since he has a job and a family.

That doesn't stop him from taking jobs away from his family, when poachers aren't around he gotta occupy himself. That's not a good argument. Plus nothing states he couldn't take hours or days to train on top of his job or family. It's not like he has to be with them 24/7.

So no. I don't accept this bullshit.

This is getting old.

Skeeter49

The word of the day is bullshit

It feels like we might be getting close to EoZ after this arc.
I don't think there's any more debate on if it's canon or not.

Leave best Gohan out of this.

weshes195

Man I didn't realize Mystic Gohan was stupid. I mean, I thought he was super cool but since he didn't earn his full potential by actually training I guess it doesn't count.

I mean, an old man dancing around unleashing his true potential? Psssh, we all know the only thing that counts is lifting weights!!!!

More effective means he could have gotten to that point faster. Not that he could have never reached it on his own.

If he used Frieza's method it would have taken him 4 months, cool. He had 10 years. That's the cons.

That doesn't stop him from taking jobs away from his family, when poachers aren't around he gotta occupy himself. That's not a good argument. Plus nothing states he couldn't take hours or days to train on top of his job or family. It's not like he has to be with them 24/7.

This is getting old.

I'm still sticking with my head canon that 17 literally benches a mountain in his off time.

Alienous

The way they're handling power differences between characters is becoming fairly poor at this point.

It reminds me of trying to write Superman into a team. It very often results in clumsily making him weaker than he should be, or clumsily making those around him stronger than they ought to be. Power scaling gets weird, nonetheless.

Goku has become that Superman-like character, where the limits of his power are poorly defined. So Super Saiyan Blue is a Earth-shattering transformation in some cases, and 'Super Saiyan +' in others. He's desyncronized with everyone else, except maybe Vegeta.

The way they're handling power differences between characters is becoming fairly poor at this point.

It reminds me of trying to write Superman into a team. It very often results in clumsily making him weaker than he should be, or clumsily making those around him stronger than they ought to be. Power scaling gets weird, nonetheless.

Goku has become that Superman-like character, where the limits of his power are poorly defined. So Super Saiyan Blue is a Earth-shattering transformation in some cases, and 'Super Saiyan +' in others. He's desyncronized with everyone else, except maybe Vegeta.

Pretty much.

If Goku had only used Super Saiyan then everything would have been fine but sigh.

I'm actually afraid now of what they are going to do on the
Tenshinhan episode.

Pretty much.

If Goku had only used Super Saiyan then everything would have been fine but sigh.

I'm actually afraid now of what they are going to pull on the
Tenshinhan episode.

In that episode Goku would use the power of SSB Kaioken just to match the level he's on.
Then for Roshi Beerus would need to step in just to fight Roshi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom