• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT7| Please wait for Tien to be cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah was very respectful of the Trunks character.

Or how Goku outpowered an older and stronger version of himself fused with a god.
And shit out God powers that were never foreshadowed whatsoever.

Made lots of sense.
Goku wasn't really "stronger" than merged Zamasu. He was just strong enough to last long enough for the fusion to end.

I think there wasn't much to do with what Toriyama notes said, considering how both the manga and anime ended up doing.

In the end, it's just a setup for two Zeno's being a thing.

LotusHD

Banned
Can we erase that god awful arc from this thread entirely it never happened

tumblr_inline_ogyd90gyVX1uvwdqe_500.gif

V_Arnold

Or how Goku outpowered an older and stronger version of himself fused with a god.

Made lots of sense.

Maybe he had access to training against poachers!

Copy Vegeta arc was better than RoF arc because it had a better sense of danger and was more fun to watch. Seriously, Vegeta cheering for copy Vegeta and Goku was great. Monaka fainting is always good.
Besides, RoF featured a former galactic tyrant, who got humiliated by Goku, then humiliated by Trunks. There is no sense of danger in that arc, zero.

😳

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier

Made lots of sense.

You mean a character that's always been dealing with stuff out of his league and just holding on, then turning around and giving him a unique trait that wasn't LOL RAWR POWER IM DA COOLEST SHONEN CHARACTER OF ALL TIME LOOK AT MAH SWOOOOOOOOOOOOOORD

Goku in the manga is different from anime goku, in the Manga goku BARELY shows he figured out how to master SSB at the end of the fight and even then he couldn't keep using it for the most part he was getting wrecked, as for the god powers.... you do know this is goku the character that learned stuff as a kid by just watching someone do something right?

Vegeta was handled a lot better as well he got a ton of character development

Pretty much, she's the type of character to not take shit from anyone with that typical saiyan lust for power. But without Goku's more apparent level of stupidity in Super. Watching the lead Saiyans from each universe spar and have a great time. Enjoyed that.

Her interactions with Cabba also crack me up - loud, but not annoying. The care and concern for Kale as an older sister/friend is also cute to watch.

Her methods to intimate enemies is obvious, but not serious enough to be scared, just makes Caulifla funny.

Like others have said, I don't see the U6 saiyans/ Hit going anywhere. I actually wouldn't be surprised if the next arc has the U6 saiyans in trouble with someone attacking Sadal and the U7 saiyans come to their aid to defeat some evil villian from U6. (Freiza/ Frost team up against Sadal?) Hit doesn't help because he doesn't care, since he's a contract killer.

I-hate-u

U6 Champa tourney was so much fun.
Just rewatched it and it was very good, excellent screen time.
Vegeta+Goku show is the best thing.

And the fact that gohan had zero screen time because he was in a nerd conference was the best thing, what a boring character, pure trash.

Such a cool arc... Champa and Vados were so funny.

I disagree about the Gohan bit, but I am right with you on Vegeta + Goku show. Actually, I don't care about Vegeta at all. He is at his best when he claims he is powerful, but then takes taken down a peg like prince of jobbers he is. I want every arc to be a 90% Goku show with some helpings of Gohan/Vegeta/Piccolo etc (like how the Buu arc ended).

That's why I love the manga version of Zamasu's fight.

So, I was thinking... does Gohan know the fusion dance? Because that would explain "Goku"'s new form if it's not actually Goku but a Goku and Gohan fusion that uses the Ultimate form + God Ki and the whole "let's reach new heights together" is literally fusing together to beat Jiren.

It could also be a nice way of acknowledging that Gogeta could exist but... why bother when you have Gokhan.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
U6 Champa tourney was so much fun.
Just rewatched it and it was very good, excellent screen time.
Vegeta+Goku show is the best thing.

And the fact that gohan had zero screen time because he was in a nerd conference was the best thing, what a boring character, pure trash.

Such a cool arc... Champa and Vados were so funny.
Champa is an awesome character. Not a single dull moment when he's on screen.

Jisgsaw

So, I was thinking... does Gohan know the fusion dance? Because that would explain "Goku"'s new form if it's not actually Goku but a Goku and Gohan fusion that uses the Ultimate form + God Ki and the whole "let's reach new heights together" is literally fusing together to beat Jiren.

It could also be a nice way of acknowledging that Gogeta could exist but... why bother when you have Gokhan.

Yeah, they could fuse like they did in the Buu arc... Wait a sec...
:-(

I kinda like this idea, plus it wouldnt be as weird as when Goku thought about Potara with Gohan in Z (when we still believed it would be forever)...cause you know...Father and Dad...they both got wives...that would be weird...

Tsunamo

I would like to see 17 Goten Trunks and Marron go on space adventures with Jaco now that they kind of connected all of them.

After time skip would be glorious. I guess 17's son could replace him in that team. But they probably need an adult to fix shit up at the end.
I'd be down for this.

Honestly GT had a good concept, a universal version of the original Dragon Ball mixed with some elements of Z. Mixup Jaco with a bit of the maincast and it'd be good fun if Toriyama was on board. With that said though we're never gonna get it are we? :(

Ingeniero

It just hit me again... the U9 wolfpack is no more...
They are dead/erased/hakai'd... it's kind of sad, they weren't evil or anything and they did their best. Sidra was a dirty bitch tho.

Such a dark moment, Zeno Sama is a sociopath.

ElFly

This is up there too
[im
g]http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-w5rplOqjeUc/URossHxgbjI/AAAAAAAAauo/VZyD77ALhIM/s1600/dbz170-10.jpg[/img]
Gohan has a lot of outfit choices but is wearing gokus lame clothes.

Also, his vegeta hair is so bad i hate it so much.

god, this so much

even his green track suit is awesome

I loved the moment where he asks for his father's gi in the Buu saga, but come on, the dude can move on

I kinda like this idea, plus it wouldnt be as weird as when Goku thought about Potara with Gohan in Z (when we still believed it would be forever)...cause you know...Father and Dad...they both got wives...that would be weird...

Gohan will need psychotherapy for remembering fucking his mom after fusion

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Outside of nostalgia the biggest reason they keep Gohan in the orange gi is marketing. Easier association + his similarity to Goku's body type means they can put out merchandise without too much extra effort.

I-hate-u

I think Gohan started to stray away a bit from his affinity to Piccolo for Goku instead after the Cell arc, and more so during the Buu arc. I always thought it was a sweet moment when he asked Kibito for his dad's ghi before fighting Buu.

That's why I have no problem with it, despite being boring visually.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I think Gohan started to stray away a bit from his affinity to Piccolo for Goku instead after the Cell arc, and more so during the Buu arc. I always thought it was a sweet moment when he asked Kibito for his dad's ghi before fighting Buu.

That's why I have no problem with it, despite being boring visually.

It's fine. If anything they should have kept Goku in his new outfit instead.

Owari

Why would they do that when SSB Vegito is stronger?

Rutger

Banned
So what you're basically saying is if Freeza doesn't betray them, he would be a reasonable choice? Okay I think I got it.

We all know how this arc is going to end if U7 wins they'll get the Super Dragon Balls and wish all the universes destroyed by Zeno back to normal in classic Z style. Adding Freeza ensures there's still some tension left even if U7 does win since they'll have to deal with him in whatever way. Not to mention U7 will look even more unfavorable to the other universes with Freeza on their team.

As for the Goku, Vegeta and Freeza show comment look at who is missing the point now. Nothing in my previous post implied that I thought ROF did them justice. I was pointing out the fact that under your terms, there would be no reason for any of them coming back since they already had their big moment in ROF, and they aren't doing anything new in the main plot now like you say Freeza is doing. I'm perfectly fine with them coming back and said a couple of weeks ago I wanted Super to avoid being the Saiyan show.

The reason I prefer Freeza over someone like Tien is that unlike him. He actually adds something to the narrative besides being Gohan's punching bag in the training episodes.

So, because the ending of this arc looks predictable, you think the solution to that is to throw on another predictable thing at the end?

Here's my problem with the idea of Frieza as the main villain at the end of this arc, it doesn't add anything NEW to this arc, to this series. If it was some previously unknown character who takes over as the main villain then that would be fine because it adds something new to the series, but if it's Frieza then what happens is that he takes away from this new arc by turning it into a repeat of something that has already been done twice. It would show that the writers have no confidence in creating new obstacles for the heroes to face when they can just fall back on a popular villain, and if that's the case then why are they even bothering when they could just remake Namik where he was at his best.

I just want new Dragon Ball from Dragon Ball Super, and Frieza as a main villain is not that. There's still plenty of ways they could take this arc that could make Frieza a good addition to the arc, but right now he is the typical Frieza and it's not unreasonable for me to be worried with how RoF turned out, so he is the character that needs to do the most to justify his addition to the arc. The neglected side characters simply being on the same stage as Goku and Vegeta justify them because this is a role they haven't been able to play in a very long time, it is a refreshing change to how story arcs have been over the years.

Slaythe

1st Sazae - 10,6 %
2nd Chibi Maruko-chan - 7,0 %
3rd One Piece 6,7 %
4th Dragon Ball Super (#100) - 5,7 %
5th Detective Conan - 5,6 %
6th Curious George - 3,8 %
7th Shaun the Sheep - 3,4 %
7th PreCure - 3,4 %
9th Pokemon - 3,0 %
10th My Hero Academy - 2,8 %

The Broly effect.
Not really, it's sort of random

RocknRola

1st Sazae - 10,6 %
3rd One Piece 6,7 %
7th PreCure - 3,4 %
9th Pokemon - 3,0 %

The Broly effect.

As long as it doesn't drop from the top 10, we should be fine :p

Pretty decent ratings. But uuh... why can't they still afford consistent animation? Is the schedule still an issue?

It's not a matter of money, it's a matter of the production.
Things are a lot better now and continue to get better, but they are still growing the staff size, that's pretty much the main issue right now. We've been seeing some newcomers fairly often these past 2 or so months and I think we're going to see more these next few weeks because of Tiger Mask ending a few weeks ago.
Anyways, things are pretty consistent now, but there is definitely room for improvement and I think we're going to see those improvements through the next few months, Super is pretty much at its last big hurdle when it comes to production.

So, because the ending of this arc looks predictable, you think the solution to that is to throw on another predictable thing at the end?

Here's my problem with the idea of Frieza as the main villain at the end of this arc, it doesn't add anything NEW to this arc, to this series. If it was some previously unknown character who takes over as the main villain then that would be fine because it adds something new to the series, but if it's Frieza then what happens is that he takes away from this new arc by turning it into a repeat of something that has already been done twice. It would show that the writers have no confidence in creating new obstacles for the heroes to face when they can just fall back on a popular villain, and if that's the case then why are they even bothering when they could just remake Namik where he was at his best.

I just want new Dragon Ball from Dragon Ball Super, and Frieza as a main villain is not that. There's still plenty of ways they could take this arc that could make Frieza a good addition to the arc, but right now he is the typical Frieza and it's not unreasonable for me to be worried with how RoF turned out, so he is the character that needs to do the most to justify his addition to the arc. The neglected side characters simply being on the same stage as Goku and Vegeta justify them because this is a role they haven't been able to play in a very long time, it is a refreshing change to how story arcs have been over the years.

Once again, I didn't say Freeza should be the main villain of the next arc only that by being there he adds tension to the arc if U7 wins. If he's the next main villain, I too would be disappointed as he should be a threat to U7, but not as the main antagonist.

If the writers do their job right there should be something set up during the tournament for what comes next like what it seems they are doing with the angels and the Grand Priest as the next major villains.

Freeza isn't the main villain here and is on the U7 team now so already the circumstances are different than ROF. A couple of weeks ago, you were arguing that Freeza shouldn't put aside his grudge to work the team with as it would "change" his character. Now you're arguing that you don't want him to remain the same so what I am wondering is, which is it? It only brings me back to what I said before that it really isn't how Freeza was added that bothers you just the fact he was added at all.

1st Sazae - 10,6 %
3rd One Piece 6,7 %
7th PreCure - 3,4 %
9th Pokemon - 3,0 %

The Broly effect.

Very solid.

Skeeter49

You all laugh, but the time will come when Frieza is picking Bra and Pan up from school and driving them home asking how their day was.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
This arc has so much potential.

a) Frieza's betrayal
b) U7 campers get eliminated via a massive ki blast
c) U7 campers survive and eventually win
d) Goku new form allows him to challenge Zeno's guards
e) Grand Priest reveals himself as the main villain of the arc
f) There's someone more powerful than Zeno

I could go on and on. I hope the show's writers give us something really awesome.

P.S. I can't find a good Kale pic to use as avatar :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom