• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT7| Please wait for Tien to be cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caught up on the manga - I really like the way that it is handling the Zamasu arc. The fights are really well done IMO, and I liked the strategic elements (only switching from SSG to Blue immediately before attacking, "perfecting" Blue, etc).

But the Mario Kart pages were probably the best.

RocknRola

Aww man, doesn't "sound" like they'll do something out of the ordinary for the 100th episode.

On the other hand: HYPE for literally all of those titles :p

Let's not kid ourselves.
Krillin's going to be one of the first ones out. He's going to show great power and do something really cool, but he's totally out in the first 2 episodes of the tourney.

The ToP makes me really excited for Xenoverse 3. I'm so glad that DBFZ and XV can coexist. Rarely do you get two different genre titles in the same franchise concurrently.

ElFly

episode 99 and 100 are about
Krillin

99 ends with Krillin awakening his latent power

100 is Ikari Krillin

pray for juhachigo

Real Hero

Krillin awakens his ultimate power at the end of the episode

is immediately knocked by Kale at the start of the following episode

NandoGip

Let's not kid ourselves.
Krillin's going to be one of the first ones out. He's going to show great power and do something really cool, but he's totally out in the first 2 episodes of the tourney.

No
He's been given a disproportionate number of episodes and scenes focusing on him. If anything signs point to the opposite of what you're saying.

Tenshinhan on the other hand? I completely and fully expect him to be worthless, ignored, and killed off early.

Real Hero

No
He's been given a disproportionate number of episodes and scenes focusing on him. If anything signs point to the opposite of what you're saying.

Tenshinhan on the other hand? I completely and fully expect him to be worthless, ignored, and killed off early.

yeah you can roughly guess the knock out order from who they have focused on. 18 is the biggest mystery

I don't think episode 101 is
Jiern focused. If they can afford to give Krillin hia full episode, then this's going to be a long tournament. It's too early for Jiern to be the focus only 5 episodes in. It's probably Toppo.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
No

Yeah. I mentioned this early on but it seems clear
characters who got individual episode focus will be getting the most shine in the tournament proper.

Last person standing will be Krillen. The funny threat from Beerus will end up being brought right back in a hilarious way. Krillen will be the final person standing inside the ring. Okay, maybe he won't be standing, but he'll be present.

Skeeter49

Krillin is right after Vegeta in terms of characters who have had the most development in Super. Krillin will be fine in the tournament, and this proves it.

Sheroking

It'd be cool if every episode in the TOP took place simultaneously with each other, just from one characters perspective.

Like, Krillin is fighting someone, Goku comes flying through their fight with Jiren, and when we get to Goku's episode, we see that same scene from Goku's perspective. Let every character have their little story within the TOP.

Real Hero

It'd be cool if every episode in the TOP took place simultaneously with each other, just from one characters perspective.

Like, Krillin is fighting someone, Goku comes flying through their fight with Jiren, and when we get to Goku's episode, we see that same scene from Goku's perspective. Let every character have their little story within the TOP.

This is my hope, good way to keep it going for awhile too

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
I'm confident that Toriyama's involvement in all things DB today is extremely minimal, and they just tout his name as a marketing tool. I don't have much evidence, but it's a hunch.

In nearly all properties he's had his hands on in the last 10 years, from art for other games, anime, etc. he's been as hands off as he could get away with. (Before the pedants jump on me, obviously there are exceptions)

The only thing that I've seen Toriyama not shy away from are designing characters.

Every interview I've read by him, he's unashamed to admit that he only made small contributions and that others did the heavy lifting. From suggestions by others, to fleshing out scripts, assisting with character art, being involved with the anime etc.

It could be a Japanese manners thing where you try to be humble and minimize your contribution as a way of being polite, but he doesn't strike me as that type of person.

My whole point is that I believe that Toriyama does very little with DB nowadays, much less than they tell us he does.

I think the reason they say he does this and that, is because there are shitload of fans who will start to criticise Super even more if their supreme lord Toriyama wasn't involved. I believe he is on a Walt Disney level of talent and influence, but I also believe there are competent people who can take over the product and do good with it.

For anyone who thinks that no Toriyama would automatically make the anime/manga a dud due to past works like GT, look out to other mediums like comics and see how some properties can be done right with different authors.

They're clearly setting it up this way for the future with all the acclaimed script writers for the anime. Toyotarou as Toriyama's apprentice, DBH's wild success, and Dragon Garow Lee doing the Yamcha manga.

I have many thoughts on this, but this is turning into a thesis paper so I'll leave it here so that we can discuss.
His heavy involvement with BOG and ROF made me think he'll be very hands on with the bigger things. But with how weird Super is idk anymore.

Maybe it's all Toyotaro's fault

Magwik

Banned
Manga is filled with lots of Zamasus

tumblr_mtlv6yAn491qdiw9jo2_500.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom