• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT7| Please wait for Tien to be cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eylos

Banned
Unless they are old he hasnt. I guess the one new Angel can count I think he designed all those, but I highly doubt he designed most of these Fighters.
I remembered this one only, that counts?
Oolong-transformation-bulma.jpg

Mikey Jr.

So I just started the Zhen exhibition match arc. The one where Goku, Gohan , and Buu fight.

Did the quality of the animation get better or is it just me? Everything has this crispness to it that looks better than any of the previous arcs.

Or am I just imagining things?

Specifically calling out the Gohan fight.

So I just started the Zhen exhibition match arc. The one where Goku, Gohan , and Buu fight.

Did the quality of the animation get better or is it just me? Everything has this crispness to it that looks better than any of the previous arcs.

Yes, the production improved. This arc also saw the introduction of some post processing effects applied to the line work as well as the colors.

Zolo

I'm not an expert on these things, but the quality definitely seems to have improved this arc with the FT arc being already some improvement from the RoF arc.

Yes, but those are also all around the best showings of "quality production" in the arc so far. There are some action moments since that on on par with that but they tend to be more brief. I would say this arc is overall better in that respect than past arcs, but still exists the usual inconsistency that is to be expected.

Yes, but those are also all around the best showings of "quality production" in the arc so far. There are some action moments since that on on par with that but they tend to be more brief. I would say this arc is overall better in that respect than past arcs, but still exists the usual inconsistency that is to be expected.

I'd say episodes 86, 94 and 95 are better than any of the exhibition episodes. In general the art has been more consistent since the exhibition ended as well.

RocknRola

That's not Goku though :(

Goku is not the face of Evil!

Well.... not if you don't fall into any of the following categories:

• Wannabe World Emperor
  • Minions
  • Hired Assassins
  • Androids
  • Outlaw Army
  • Demons
  • Space Minions
  • Space Emperor
  • Stronger Androids
  • Biological Weapon
  • Vegeta in general
  • Magical Space Blob
  • Revived Space Emperor
  • Future Self who is actually you but Stronger
  • More Space Minions

As long as you don't belong to these groups the man is a SAINT! :p

Krillin shaved his hair so when he goes Super Human he grows it back, the forshadowing was there all along people.

Hilariously this happened as a what-if in a DBZ game with Krillin replacing Gokus role in every arc.
There only seems to be 8 people in the universe 6 shot. I guess the yadrat's a part of that team.

#NamekianDreamsDead.

Slaythe

I disagree though ?

Goku vs Bergamo is worse on every level than the Krilin episode, the 17 episode, the Gohan vs Goku episode, or the recent episodes with Frieza.

#NamekianDreamsDead.

We already have the best Namekian in U7, there was no need to get trash equivalents.

I mean, if the U6 saiyans are anything to go by they can keep their namekians.

I'd say episodes 86, 94 and 95 are better than any of the exhibition episodes. In general the art has been more consistent since the exhibition ended as well.

86.... Nah....

I forgot about 94 & 95. I still think the Buu fight in particular beats them out in impressiveness simply because I think that's the first time we've gotten a fight of that length looking as good as it did all the way through. Who woulda thunk Buu vs Wolf guy would look as good as it did. I think the exhibition matches after that are a step down but Gohan's is still impressive and Goku's are less so.

Anyway, 86 was just soured by tateisms...

http://i.imgur.com/RE4xCOk.gif
http://i.imgur.com/W2e0ZHL.gif
http://i.imgur.com/7DrHrPI.gif
http://i.imgur.com/EYR2jy5.gif

cannot stand this look

I disagree though ?

Goku vs Bergamo is worse on every level than the Krilin episode, the 17 episode, the Gohan vs Goku episode, or the recent episodes with Frieza.

Gohan vs Goku had weird art and meh hit flurries.

I don't think Goku vs Bergamo is that good. I'm mainly referring to Buu vs Basil and Gohan vs hunchback

Pretty much everything outside of the parts I giffed from that fight looks good, it's just those parts sour it all for me. The environment looks really good too. Credit where credit is due.

edit: I also think 95 and 94 are on the same tier as it, I guess I just personally find an episode like Buu vs Basil to be more impressive for DBS. Otherwise DBS has had a lot of low action episodes with all around great art.

Slaythe

You can't disregard Goku's fights when they represent 50% of the matches lol.

And if you hate the kind animation Tate does, I can't think for a second you liked Goku vs Toppo visually.

You can't disregard Goku's fights when they represent 50% of the matches lol.

And if you hate the kind animation Tate does, I can't think for a second you liked Goku vs Toppo visually.

I suppose I should have been more clear, but I'm never thinking that highly about the Goku matches. I praise the Buu & Gohan fights.

I'm not crazy about the Toppo fight, but I did come out of it with a better impression than I did the 17 vs Goku.

Funny that tate had a hand in the Buu fight. I remember being optimistic that his strechiness would work less jarringly with Buu. Not exactly sure what parts he had a hand in but things turned out very well there.

Skeeter49

Goku killed an innocent man by putting him on the moon. Only a truly evil person does that.

And Roshi should have been disqualified from the World Tournament for killing the rabbit man when he blew up the moon.

Seiniyta

Honestly, the production of Dragon Ball Super with this arc feels has become what you reasonably should expect from a continuously running show. There are some lesser episodes, but also some amazing ones as well in terms of art and animation. It mirrors the quality variance of Z a lot more.

Slaythe

Honestly, the production of Dragon Ball Super with this arc feels has become what you reasonably should expect from a continuously running show. There are some lesser episodes, but also some amazing ones as well in terms of art and animation. It mirrors the quality variance of Z a lot more.

Well it depends which Z.

Buu was pretty consistent.

Cell was an absolute mess.

NeonZ

Cell was messier than any other point of Z. It just seemed like some teams couldn't adapt to the art style change well. I remember noticing some shots looking off there even while watching for the first time on tv, while I had never even thought about art variation in a continuous show before.

RocknRola

Well it depends which Z.

Buu was pretty consistent.

Cell was an absolute mess.

Yup.

Even the final battle suffered from it. There a couple of episodes there in which Cell, Goku and Gohan have super big eyes, with super detailed irises and whatnot (instead of the more simple, understated eye design DB usually goes for).

Then, of course, there are some geninuely ugly moments/episodes too. I think after Gohan goes SSJ2 is when the quality becomes more consistent for the fight.

Slaythe

Are you being that way on purpose?

Let me put it another way. If in terms in scene time 17 is a 5, 18 is a 4.5.

Let me put it this way, we know for a fact that they cut down the animations to fit the timing of the OP.

Pretty much everybody besides Vegeta Jiren and Goku got cut down.

So the only thing that matters isn't how long they're on screen, but if they have sequences of their own or not. (because they spent time and money making them, by great DBZ artists should I mention)

Gohan Krilin and 17 do. They got trimmed but they're there.

18 got nothing besides a still picture where she is with 17.

So I am not going to agree with your statement that they're "about the same".

Zubz

Banned
Botamo is back

or the Metal guy

one of those weren't known to be returning I think

Yo, who asked for more Botamo, though? He's just an unsettling Winnie the Pooh clone.

Watch Frost betray Frieza

I need this to happen. Watch this be the start to Frieza.... Well, not becoming good, but developing a shade of gray.

My issue with the TFS episode is Cell being happy about Goku killing both of them with the warped Kamehameha.

That seemed oddly placed. It wasn't earned based off what we've seen of TFS's Cell character.

Nah, it felt right to me. This is a better fit for the TFS thread, but since I'm still catching up on DBS & just don't mind spoilers, we've already established Cell doesn't see much of a point to anything other than fighting, sadism, & sexual innuendo. Goku's Kamehameha, pre-Instant Transmission, had both covered, & it further justified Cell's use of IT later on (TFS hinted at it in the aftermath of the Tien fight; did the original series even nod to Cell's interest in it?).

One of them better be a Namekian.

Definitely. We've gone too long without seeing Namekians other than Piccolo & Dende. They're cool, so I'd love to see more.

HeroR

Let me put it this way, we know for a fact that they cut down the animations to fit the timing of the OP.

Pretty much everybody besides Vegeta Jiren and Goku got cut down.

So the only thing that matters isn't how long they're on screen, but if they have sequences of their own or not. (because they spent time and money making them, by great DBZ artists should I mention)

Gohan Krilin and 17 do. They got trimmed but they're there.

18 got nothing besides a still picture where she is with 17.

So I am not going to agree with your statement that they're "about the same".

I don't think cut down is the right word here.

17 does have a sequence of his own true, but that can also easily be explained as him getting some highlight since he's returning to the story for over a decade, close to two I believe. So they would put some emphasis on him.

Gohan and Krillin have more scene and they got more focused in general in the episodes before the tournament. 17 kind of fell off the map for about two months after his reintroduction and wasn't around for the big scene with Frieza being chosen.

The different of a single solo scene is really small when 18 got about the same outside of it and has been around so the audience didn't need a 'reintroduction to her.

Morlas

I mean Hit's not even in the op and i'm not expecting him to just go out like a punk since he's u6's strongest fighter.

Kevinroc

I mean Hit's not even in the op and i'm not expecting him to just go out like a punk since he's u6's strongest fighter.

I wouldn't be surprised if the U6 fighters from the last tournament get taken out relatively quickly to establish who the new big threat is. Dragonball has a history of doing things like that.

Skeeter49

Yo, who asked for more Botamo, though? He's just an unsettling Winnie the Pooh clone.

I need this to happen. Watch this be the start to Frieza.... Well, not becoming good, but developing a shade of gray.

Nah, it felt right to me. This is a better fit for the TFS thread, but since I'm still catching up on DBS & just don't mind spoilers, we've already established Cell doesn't see much of a point to anything other than fighting, sadism, & sexual innuendo. Goku's Kamehameha, pre-Instant Transmission, had both covered, & it further justified Cell's use of IT later on (TFS hinted at it in the aftermath of the Tien fight; did the original series even nod to Cell's interest in it?).

Definitely. We've gone too long without seeing Namekians other than Piccolo & Dende. They're cool, so I'd love to see more.
In the anime I think Cell said he had to make sure he learned how to do that when Goku used IT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom