• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT8| There is no justice or evil, only survival or erasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutebrute

The thing that pissed me off about SSG returning is that it's billed as a stamina saving measure but then it's only used for like two seconds.... he doesn't even really use it against Kanshi or whatever his name was.

There is no reason that they couldn't have retracted this confusing asspull and let Goku use his base form/SSB for the entire episode. Still, the art for SSG looked good IMO.

Shouta

He was using Blue to attack and using God to keep up with Dyspo, though not very well.
This in combination with the most recent chapter of the manga being very similar to the anime outside of Vegeta being at Beerus' planet to train makes me feel like they might be making an effort to make the anime and manga a little more similar.

Just to clarify, Goku was using Blue at the point of interception. He was still getting pushed around by Dyspo for most of it but he was looking for a read on him then used Blue to close the speed and power gap when he did. He even says in the episode that Dyspo's attack style is extremely linear so if he can match the timing, he can deal with it.

The thing that pissed me off about SSG returning is that it's billed as a stamina saving measure but then it's only used for like two seconds.... he doesn't even really use it against Kanshi or whatever his name was.

There is no reason that they couldn't have retracted this confusing asspull and let Goku use his base form/SSB for the entire episode. Still, the art for SSG looked good IMO.

He was using Blue to power his way through explosions.

Daemul

I have a feeling that we're gonna get a mega wipe from Jiren and Toppo in a few episodes, take your bets on who'll survive.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
And Red is far beyond that. He could have used Red and it would have literally been the same. There's no way Kale is on that level yet.

Yeah I just rewatched the scene. Kale walked through a Kamehameha and grabbed Goku's noggin while in blue. The only reason she stopped was because of some "she can't control her power" thing where she started to smoke for half a second.

NyPRi1F.gif

It was like this except not as good

HardRojo

I have a feeling that we're gonna get a mega wipe from Jiren and Toppo in a few episodes, take your bets on who'll survive.

Not sure about Toppo, but it would be an interesting twist if Jiren was working with the Great Priest and no one knew about it, it would somewhat explain his silence throughout the ToP and his antagonistic role in the arc.

Why would she be there yet? Nothing indicates that she's in that power range. Unless Goku really WAS getting hurt in blue.

All this would be solved if they just let red come out more.

Yeah I just rewatched the scene. Kale walked through a Kamehameha and grabbed Goku's noggin while in blue. The only reason she stopped was because of some "she can't control her power" thing where she started to smoke for half a second.

NyPRi1F.gif

It was like this except not as good

When that episode dropped, people kept stating that Goku wasn't being serious (ala Krillin and Goku in blue).

So either

A) Goku WAS being serious and she's as strong as blue.
or
B) Goku WASN'T and he was being dumb shitting around in a form that wastes energy.

The show leaves too much to interpretation. That's why you have all this confusion.

So SSG offers more speed and less stamina drain than SSB, but less strength....

Why again, hasn't Goku been using this instead of spamming Blue constantly up until now?

HardRojo

Which one-liners are you expecting from Jiren as he knocks people off the stage?
  • Get out
  • You're done
  • Get lost
  • Be gone
  • It's over
  • You're finished
  • Out
  • Sigh

Guys it's really not that complicated.

In terms of power:
Base < SSJ1 < SSJ2 < SSJ3 < SSG < SSB

In terms of speed:

In terms of stamina:
Base > SSJ1 > SSJ2 > SSJ3 > SSG > SSB

That is it.

EDIT: See below

In terms of power:

In terms of speed:

In terms of stamina:

That is it.

I'm pretty sure they implied God is faster than Blue, plus I doubt God and Blue drain more stamina than 3.

I wish they brought back his serious personality. Dragonball Roshi knew how to drop the bullshit when shit was on the line. Super is .aking it seem like the hopeless pervert angle was his true personality, especially with the 'enlightenment' angle hes got going.

In terms of power:

In terms of speed:

In terms of stamina:

That is it.
It's not complicated..botches the order Xp
If 3 had more stamina he'd use it more and God is faster than blue apparently

I'm pretty sure they implied God is faster than Blue, plus I doubt God and Blue drain more stamina than 3.

Nah SSG is just faster than SSJ. And yeah you're right about SSJ3, let's just omit 2 and 3 for simplicity's sake (according to Toriyama they're not even real forms anyway, they're just subforms of SSJ):

In terms of power:
Base < SSJ < SSG < SSB

In terms of speed:
Base < SSJ < SSG < SSB

In terms of stamina:
Base > SSJ > SSG > SSB

Nah SSG is just faster than SSJ. And yeah you're right about SSJ3, let's just omit 2 and 3 for simplicity's sake (according to Toriyama they're not even real forms anyway, they're just subforms of SSJ):

In terms of power:
Base < SSJ < SSG < SSB

In terms of speed:
Base < SSJ < SSG < SSB

In terms of stamina:
Base > SSJ > SSG > SSB

No they implied blue is faster
Whiskey said God is faster than SS and consumers less stamina than blue

Implying blue is still faster
Whis said he was turning Blue at the moment of attack to maximize speed and power, to me that reads like he's using God for the speed and Blue for the power. Maybe I'm just understanding it wrong, but that's what it sounded like to me.

Shouta

It's not complicated..botches the order Xp
If 3 had more stamina he'd use it more and God is faster than blue apparently

caliph points it out already but God is faster than SS but drains less stamina than Blue.

He used Blue when he got a solid read to push his power and speed to match Dyspo.

Whis said he was turning Blue at the moment of attack to maximize speed and power, to me that reads like he's using God for the speed and Blue for the power. Maybe I'm just understanding it wrong, but that's what it sounded like to me.

How do you read maximizing speed and power to be God is faster than Blue? Like, seriously, lol. If you're maximizing speed and power for one instant it means that form is faster. He'd be slower the instant he switched over which wouldn't work for the strategy.

He used Blue when he got a solid read to push his power and speed to match Dyspo.

Even after he got a read on Dyspo he reverted to God again.
How do you read maximizing speed and power to be God is faster than Blue? Like, seriously, lol. If you're maximizing speed and power for one instant it means that form is faster.

He's switching between forms to maximize speed and power, using God to maximize speed and Blue to maximize power.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom