• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT8| There is no justice or evil, only survival or erasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

trejo

Y'all gonna feel real silly when those two tag team the stuffing outta everyone else and come out the winners of the ToP

Believe.

dickroach

I have a feeling those 2 namekians are gonna do jack shit lol

well yeah, it's way too late in the arc to write them in and have them be of any importance.

oooooooor maybe Frost destroyed Planet Namek 6 and they want revenge, so they team up with Piccolo to kill Frost+Frieza at once

source.gif

I would love to see piccolo get a powerup after the tourney, strong piccolo is dangerous af. Dude fights people way stronger than himself on strategy and perception alone

Theoretically...

I mean back then he was yeah. I'm talking about if they did it now. I feel like the writers still wouldn't give him the shine he deserves. I still want to see him get a power up tho.

The fact that they haven't even been revealed yet is so weird with Jiren just 2 episodes away from going out on Goku. Either they end up being essentially nothing, or we're going to see a lot of concurrent battles happening. Probably the former to draw out the Jiren-Goku fight till the end of November.

Skeeter49

I mean, no matter when they show the Namekians, it's bad writing that Piccolo didn't react to them the moment the tournament started.

They have to have something planned with them though. I think they'll ring out Piccolo and 17.

Roshi was in FnF. He's a lock.

I'd love to see Jaco.
Does Jaco really have anything interesting move wise?
Or has XV2 just tainted my expectations by giving him bad moves?

The pain with Roshi is we probably wouldn't get a mafuba like attack, since that's been dead since DB, if we're talking before the FT arc happened.

I mean, no matter when they show the Namekians, it's bad writing that Piccolo didn't react to them the moment the tournament started.

They have to have something planned with them though. I think they'll ring out Piccolo and 17.

Does Jaco really have anything interesting move wise?
Or has XV2 just tainted my expectations by giving him bad moves?

The pain with Roshi is we probably wouldn't get a mafuba like attack, since that's been dead since DB, if we're talking before the FT arc happened.

What if they can shrink down to tiny size?

NeonZ

Roshi was in FnF. He's a lock.

I'd love to see Jaco.

Although I think he has a chance, most games seem to have basically ignored his role in RoF for some reason. Not even DB Fusions added him in spite of having all his attacks in the game already (Shock Surprise,
Sleep fist, Mafuba and obviously Kamehameha).

Slaythe

Although I think he has a chance, most games seem to have basically ignored his role in RoF for some reason. Not even DB Fusions added him in spite of having all his attacks in the game already (Shock Surprise,
Sleep fist, Mafuba and obviously Kamehameha).

They wouldn't have Tien in the game the way he is IMO.

I'm sure Roshi is a lock.

I'd like to see an 18 w Krilin character with the super costume. Could be cool with taiyoken and kienzan as assist.

This way it frees 17 from becoming a terrible dwarf sized palette swap.

TreIII

I'd like to see an 18 w Krilin character with the super costume. Could be cool with taiyoken and kienzan as assist.

Like Max said on stream earlier...we're gonna get that man in the game, somehow.

#Let17GetHisLife

Varna

I kind of hate how Teen Gohan has that one handed-special in everything... Surely they could animated differently since his arm isn't broken in most scenarios.

Morlas

How much shorter do you think 18 actually is because its not more than a couple of inches

Zubz

Banned
Look, you can play Tien in FighterZ and make your own stories.

I can't have that, so 17 needs to go far.

Also speaking of which :

giphy.gif

But 17 has cool new moves to justify his inclusion as a DLC character. Tien just reused some old hat & only took out the guy who also took him out.

17 evolved. Tien just stayed losing. Hell, we might even get Kakunsa so she can have a rematch. I'm already forgetting "the sniper."

I hope Cell yells "Say goodbye" in that same cheesy tone he did when Kamehameha'ing Gohan.

LotusHD

Banned
I kind of hate how Teen Gohan has that one handed-special in everything... Surely they could animated differently since his arm isn't broken in most scenarios.

But then it wouldn't be cool, and what about my nostalgia? You didn't think about my nostalgia.

Slaythe

How much shorter do you think 18 actually is because its not more than a couple of inches

The problem is that he is shorter than 18. (she's resized on the right to his scaling)

duqewh.jpg

They did this so they could keep the exact same hitboxes and sfx even though he stood on a higher ground.

He's the single one thing in the game that is a piss poor job, everything else is perfect.

HardRojo

I would make a right hand joke, but it might be in poor taste considering that version of Gohan is 10 IIRC.

Believe in DLC
The fact that they haven't even been revealed yet is so weird with Jiren just 2 episodes away from going out on Goku. Either they end up being essentially nothing, or we're going to see a lot of concurrent battles happening. Probably the former to draw out the Jiren-Goku fight till the end of November.
Yeah it's really weird how they were revealed due to the GodPad and now they're even featured in the U6 team shot like we always knew about them. I guess they didn't want them to overshadow the female Saiyans or something

Sony

Nintendo
You need to add some more kale in your diet.

FighterZ borrows movesets from the anime and manga. Kale hasn't done anything so far other than her Ki blast that destroyed the stage that would even warrant her a spot on the roster of an Atari 2600 fighting game.

Slaythe

FighterZ borrows movesets from the anime and manga. Kale hasn't done anything so far other than her Ki blast that destroyed the stage that would even warrant her a spot on the roster of an Atari 2600 fighting game.

They literally had Toriyama create a character that they made a moveset from scratch for just to get more females in the game.

You can be certain they don't care about what they did in the anime.

Plus I think Kale's super saiyan form could be great, just have her Broly shit in supers.

Kinda like Roshi's buff form.

Also, FYI, not a single attack 17 does in FighterZ is from the manga or anime, they're all using 18's animations as base, so again, they're willing to the bend the rules.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man

She has several attacks directly lifted from Broly. Broly is in a lot of videogames

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom