• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT8| There is no justice or evil, only survival or erasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrueBlue

I dunno about the rest of you, but I am beyond stoked to hear Sean's take on the SSB Kaioken scene.

I still prefer the English voices. I also prefer the script from the few episodes I've seen.

Moaradin

The script is probably what I miss the most tbh. I was shocked by how plain a lot of the dialogue was when I switched over to Japanese. Didn't realize how much of the clever dialogue was added by the dub.

dickroach

how dare the dub shit on the strongest character, Jaco

giphy.gif

Is there a rankings table for the tournament so far?

like this?

J4g3r

Avatars from the new Tournament of Power cards that just hit Dokkan:

e4yFbCq.png
ro8cRwH.png
waH7jkd.png

Expecting a surprise drop of Limit Breaker Goku together with Jiren in the coming weeks.

Baleoce

Never heard of it, link?

Just saw it mentioned here and it got me thinking. Would explain why they haven't really given him much character as of yet. It'd also be pretty funny if a team made up of people who value justice above everything else, has a seedy GoD that literally does not care about it at all.

Skeeter49

The thing is unless Goku is drained to the point where he can't go SSB or Limit Breaker anymore, Goku winning against Jiren with Limit Breaker makes things tricky, because only Shansta from U4 will be able to challenge that, anyone else will be a joke, so any tension that could happen after Goku fights Jiren would be gone unless our lord and savior steps up the plate .

Jiren is not the last fighter in this tournament, and we still have 28 minutes, and that's why a new form is tricky to do in an arc like this, especially if the new form stays after beating Jiren. If it drains Goku that's fine.

He just has to turn them into something that isn't hard. Jiren and Toppo are probably the only 2 people who might realize they could do this anyway. Buu jobbing to candy Jiren would be funny.

Sean's goofy happy Goku SUCKS
I disagree with this

I love the funi cast in Z, mostly in the building arc they're all really good

With super though it seems like they've lost a bit of their touch. I think Sean's goku in super is slightly too serious all the time, whereas nozawa does kind of varying degrees of seriousness, if that makes sense?

It also doesn't help that I've been exposed to all the new characters in Japanese, so I definitely prefer Hit, Champa, etc in the subs

Vados is actually pretty good dubbed though

caliph95

The thing is unless Goku is drained to the point where he can't go SSB or Limit Breaker anymore, Goku winning against Jiren with Limit Breaker makes things tricky, because only Shansta from U4 will be able to challenge that, anyone else will be a joke, so any tension that could happen after Goku fights Jiren would be gone unless our lord and savior steps up the plate .

Jiren is not the last fighter in this tournament, and we still have 28 minutes, and that's why a new form is tricky to do in an arc like this, especially if the new form stays after beating Jiren. If it drains Goku that's fine.

He just has to turn them into something that isn't hard. Jiren and Toppo are probably the only 2 people who might realize they could do this anyway. Buu jobbing to candy Jiren would be funny.
Jiren
is fighting Hit so he's safe

Goku is the one in Danger

Big One

Banned
I could see Jiren being a puppet for Belmond. Maybe the red energy is just a form of God of Destruction energy that Belmond gave to Jiren. Goku could gain it naturally with his new form, matching Jiren but will get eliminated by Jiren. Then once the BIG REVEAL that Belmond cheated by giving Jiren some of his power, Goku is allowed back into the tournament as a participant similar to the Universe 6 tournament (as well as the other people Jiren eliminated). Jiren could be eliminated by Goku here and then BAM Freeza betrays him but nope he loses to Goku too.

I could see Jiren being a puppet for Belmond. Maybe the red energy is just a form of God of Destruction energy that Belmond gave to Jiren. Goku could gain it naturally with his new form, matching Jiren but will get eliminated by Jiren. Then once the BIG REVEAL that Belmond cheated by giving Jiren some of his power, Goku is allowed back into the tournament as a participant similar to the Universe 6 tournament (as well as the other people Jiren eliminated). Jiren could be eliminated by Goku here and then BAM Freeza betrays him but nope he loses to Goku too.

I would hate a repeat of the last tournament

It would be kind of disappointing if he gets his new form via the Genkidama, but it also makes the most sense.

There is actually precedent for it since that's precisely what Trunks did in his own timeline against fused Zamasu. He absorbed the power of the genkidama into his body, making himself way more powerful.

So what would be the outcome if someone with Goku's level of power were to do the same thing?

HeroR

I disagree with this

I love the funi cast in Z, mostly in the building arc they're all really good

With super though it seems like they've lost a bit of their touch. I think Sean's goku in super is slightly too serious all the time, whereas nozawa does kind of varying degrees of seriousness, if that makes sense?

It also doesn't help that I've been exposed to all the new characters in Japanese, so I definitely prefer Hit, Champa, etc in the subs

Vados is actually pretty good dubbed though

Hit hasn't talked yet, unless you mean Xenoverse, which is a different actor.

And strange, I heard people have the opposite problem with Sean's Goku. Namely, he's too goofy.

Derenden

Neo Member
There is actually precedent for it since that's precisely what Trunks did in his own timeline against fused Zamasu. He absorbed the power of the genkidama into his body, making himself way more powerful.

So what would be the outcome if someone with Goku's level of power were to do the same thing?

Well, it happened once
after being punched in the dick

velociraptor

Watching Season 1 of DBS.

WTF is this shit.

This is a rehash of The Battle Of The Gods, and it's just way worse. Feels like such a slog to watch this. Everything is extended for the worse.

Season 2 is the same Freiza film too?! Ugh.

brinstar

WTF is this shit.

This is a rehash of The Battle Of The Gods, and it's just way worse. Feels like such a slog to watch this. Everything is extended for the worse.

Read the OP to know where to skip to if you've seen the movies

caliph95

WTF is this shit.

Read the op it allows you to skip to the original arcs and more details in the difference in the anime and movie

Skeeter49

WTF is this shit.

There are some slice of life episodes in between, good ones.

15 to 18 are new episodes
19 to 27 is RoF retelling.
28 onward is 100% new content.

Fj0823

LatAm got the 4th ending today, and unlike 2 and 3, it sounds ok...or maybe 2 and 3 were so awful my standards were lowered

https://youtu.be/UagCnDPuS4k

It's actually great until the fast paced lyrics...

We've had 2 kinda ok cover endings and 2 fucking aawful ones ):

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom