• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT9| Genki-Drama

hwnDEDK.png
LOL

Daingurse

Vegeta protected Goku from outside attacks, get over it.

Lol, yep. Vegeta's energy probably wouldn't have made any difference anyway. I thought it was a pretty amusing moment, because I honestly wasn't expecting any resistance from Vegeta. Not after seeing Frieza donate some of his energy. FRIEZA!

hey, Geets had the most important part, if he didn't stop Ribrainne the SB doesn't go off and Goku doesn't get UI.

Geets giveth and he taketh away, just like how he got Gohan's arm wrecked during Cell and them gave him the opening to win, the force is in balance.

Last time Vegeta participated in the group activity he got a power up out of it. I hope everyone who contributed to the spirit bomb, including Krillin and Shitty Tien, get it before Vegeta does.

It would be hilarious if the next arc started with vegeta looking for a training partner because he wants to get UI, he goes to frieza only to find out he has obtained it himself already. Then he starts working down the list, going to Gohan and Piccolo, only to discover they're dodging him in ways he shouldn't be able to.

Frazzled, he visits the androids who he also can't touch. From a distance, he stares at Roshis island only to notice he and Krillin sparing at a speed he can't even observe. On the edge of tears, he ends up at Tiens dojo... only to get beaten in a single move by Tien.

Yeah but Goku's a wanker because he can't do anything himself and just steals techniques from other races or has an attack, where he literally needs everyone's energy for the thing to work.

Everyone gave their energy and Jiren just tanked that spirit bomb like it was nothing, Vegeta was able to store his energy and save Goku from Sailor annoying. Vegeta does not have the Dragonball writers on his side you see, he can't just use up all his energy at once and then have a lizard just refill it like a energizer battery. It's kind of insane how much people don't like Vegeta on this forum, dude literally allowed Goku to give the attack a go whilst every other useless cunt just stuck their hands in the air. Even at the end he told Goku to gain his energy whilst he took care of the Sailor Scout, dude has done plenty in this tournament. The writers have completely shitted on Vegeta since the Black arc finished and dude is still doing most of the work, when the fuck was Gohan suppose to shine again?

I really want the U6 Saiyans to die.......end of. I was excited to see a SSJ girl but both of them turned out to be so fucking useless, especially the one with the stupid pants. Hope they get their heads blown off along with Cabba, only penis head is okay with his bullshit powerup and the U6 God is by FARRRRRR the best twin.

LotusHD

Banned
hey, Geets had the most important part, if he didn't stop Ribrainne the SB doesn't go off and Goku doesn't get UI.

Geets giveth and he taketh away, just like how he got Gohan's arm wrecked during Cell and them gave him the opening to win, the force is in balance.

Already been said over and over, but that wasn't his reasoning for not giving energy tho, hence the criticism people have given him

And no, it being in-character does not mean you can't call him a dick lol

I really want the U6 Saiyans to die.......end of. I was excited to see a SSJ girl but both of them turned out to be so fucking useless, especially the one with the stupid pants. Hope they get their heads blown off along with Cabba, only penis head is okay with his bullshit powerup and the U6 God is by FARRRRRR the best twin.

Useless how exactly? Because in this tournament, they've been anything but...

Dj Convoy

Exactly this.

Already been said over and over, but that wasn't his reasoning for not giving energy tho, hence the criticism people have given him

i never said that was his reasoning, i said he had the most important part.

I also never said he wasn't a dick, cause he is a dick.

HeroR

I think what made it so bad was 17, 18, and Frieza as the picture pointed out. 17 and 18 are dispassionate, yet happily gave energy and even told Goku to take as much as he wants. Frieza hates Goku and tried to erased him before the tourument and he pony up.

Vegeta, Goku’s ‘brother-in-arms’..... Yeah. Wasn’t like he couldn’t give energy and watched Goku’s back.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Yeah but Goku's a wanker because he can't do anything himself and just steals techniques from other races or has an attack, where he literally needs everyone's energy for the thing to work.

Everyone gave their energy and Jiren just tanked that spirit bomb like it was nothing, Vegeta was able to store his energy and save Goku from Sailor annoying. Vegeta does not have the Dragonball writers on his side you see, he can't just use up all his energy at once and then have a lizard just refill it like a energizer battery. It's kind of insane how much people don't like Vegeta on this forum, dude literally allowed Goku to give the attack a go whilst every other useless cunt just stuck their hands in the air. Even at the end he told Goku to gain his energy whilst he took care of the Sailor Scout, dude has done plenty in this tournament. The writers have completely shitted on Vegeta since the Black arc finished and dude is still doing most of the work, when the fuck was Gohan suppose to shine again?

k6ZbpBZ.png

Cimarron

It would be hilarious if the next arc started with vegeta looking for a training partner because he wants to get UI, he goes to frieza only to find out he has obtained it himself already. Then he starts working down the list, going to Gohan and Piccolo, only to discover they're dodging him in ways he shouldn't be able to.

Frazzled, he visits the androids who he also can't touch. From a distance, he stares at Roshis island only to notice he and Krillin sparing at a speed he can't even observe. On the edge of tears, he ends up at Tiens dojo... only to get beaten in a single move by Tien.

I would personally fund this one hour special. 😃

That mouse being so chilled the fuck out, surely that has to mean something or could it just be an oversight by the artists? Jiren was there fucking up Goku as though it was no issue but after all of that, the mouse did not care at all. The invisible fighters theory might be true but I dunno, it would be nice if there is a red herring and Jiren is not the strongest.

But in general, none of the universes were fussed at all when Jiren was going crazy. They've probably just moved onto the acceptance stage, just like I should with Vegeta being shitted on by the writers and confused Dragonball fans. :(

LotusHD

Banned
It's kind of insane how much people don't like Vegeta on this forum.

I just caught this, this is actually hilarious if you think that Vegeta is the main one that's disliked around here.

That aside, for me personally, if there was any character that lent himself to getting mocked, that is easily Vegeta. Super isn't the cause for this either, I've always felt this way.

He didn’t. He just used his full power. Him growing against Vegito was just desperate just like when Cell tried it against Gohan.

The episode literally told us the Spirit Bomb couldn’t beat Jiren, so Goku aborning it would make him suddenly a match. This isn’t up to interpretation.

It didn't tell us that it couldn't beat or harm Jiren. The episode made it clear that Goku suddenly matching Jiren had nothing to do with him absorbing the spirit bomb itself. Him matching Jiren was entirely due to some other factor, such as Ultra Instinct and Goku breaking through the shell to his hidden potential. The spirit bomb only served as a temporary source of power for Goku, who was badly beaten up and depleted of ki and stamina.

I just caught this, this is actually hilarious if you think that Vegeta is the main one that's disliked around here.

That aside, for me personally, if there was any character that lent himself to getting mocked, that is easily Vegeta. Super isn't the cause for this either, I've always felt this way.

When did I say that? I can understand Piccolo, Gohan, Kale, Gravity Rush 2 gameplay etc being hated because they are shit but Vegeta? Nah, dude's the best Toriyama's come up with in 30 years.

LotusHD

Banned
When did I say that? I can understand Piccolo, Gohan, Kale, Gravity Rush 2 gameplay etc being hated because they are shit but Vegeta? Nah, dude's the best Toriyama's come up with in 30 years.

Seemed like you were implying it, anyways, I just thought it was funny since Goku (as always) got him beat in this regard.

Also, the hell did you just say about Piccolo?

HeroR

It didn't tell us that it couldn't beat or harm Jiren. The episode made it clear that Goku suddenly matching Jiren had nothing to do with him absorbing the spirit bomb itself. Him matching Jiren was entirely due to some other factor, such as Ultra Instinct and Goku breaking through the shell to his hidden potential. The spirit bomb only served as a temporary source of power for Goku, who was badly beaten up and depleted of ki and stamina.

Both Tien and Whis said that the Spirit Bomb couldn’t beat Jiren when they were talking about if Goku absorbed the Spirit Bomb.

So did Hit get stronger during the period between his fight with Goku in 77 and now? He is doing much better than Goku did against Jiren in KKx20

Ashodin

So did Hit get stronger during the period between his fight with Goku in 77 and now? He is doing much better than Goku did against Jiren in KKx20

Remains to be seen, but I'd count these two things in Hit's favor:

• He has seen how Jiren fights, so he knows when to take openings now
  • Seeing Goku close the gap because of Jiren makes Hit thinks he can close the gap as well.

HeroR

Goku did say he got better in 104 and the rematch happened in 71 and 72.

We also don’t know the context of the fight.

Vegeta should just...

No really the dude is a better father then Goku will ever be

And yet we have more scenes of Goku being around his family than we do of Vegeta around his.

Remains to be seen, but I'd count these two things in Hit's favor:

• He has seen how Jiren fights, so he knows when to take openings now
  • Seeing Goku close the gap because of Jiren makes Hit thinks he can close the gap as well.

Yeah both those make a lot of sense, the first in particular. Reminds me of Goku learning from Vegeta's fight with Hit

Goku did say he got better in 104 and the rematch happened in 71 and 72.

We also don’t know the context of the fight.
Idk why I keep thinking it's 77

Goku was trying to out brute force superman.

Hit is trying to use a special technique that will give him an advantage that goku didn't have with his time skip. It would almost be more of a surprise if Hit wasn't more effective.

Tamanon

Banned
Can we talk about how out of character Ribrianne attacking during the Spirit Bomb charge was?

After the big deal made about not interrupting a transformation too.

LotusHD

Banned
Can we talk about how out of character Ribrianne attacking during the Spirit Bomb charge was?

Lol yea, I brought it up several times. Guess it only counts when it's a transformation :p

17 redeemed

caliph95

Ribranne is trash and a hypocrite

Plus it's an attack not a beautiful transformation plus she has a grudge against u7

Plus she's a joke don't expect her actions to make much sense or consistent other than for a joke

Skeeter49

Part of it is them introducing Vegeta development, and then shitting on it. Like with Cabba, or with the Genki Dama.
Regardless, he doesn't get much hate.

Daingurse

Ribrianne is a hypocrite apparently lol.

Her Super Dragon Ball wish is really weird too. I didn't expect her to want something so blatantly vain. Honestly added a few layers to her character. She's like Narcissist drunk on self-love lol.

narcissus-caravaggio-300x363.jpg

Love is power!

Gokario

When Hit told Jiren "I'm working" it gave me the impression that he's going all in like, using his assasins tools/not holding back. Let's see what happens.

Not gonna lie, I got some serious Ryusui Seikuken vibes from Ultra Instinct. This is absolutely not a bad thing.

Also, I wanted Vegeta to just knock Ribrianne off the stage because I'm sick of her stupid everything. I'm usually good with a motif or two and carrying it out, but this one has worn thinner than a wet paper bag.

Top Bottom