• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT9| Genki-Drama

And, that’s it. Now compare that to how many times we have seen Goku hang out with his family.

Goku hangs out when it is training, meal time, and bed time

occasionally ChiChi drags him for other things but he is the main character with the most screen time

Vegeta literally went on Holiday with his family and stayed for his daughter's birth

LotusHD

Banned
Ribranne is trash and a hypocrite

Plus it's an attack not a beautiful transformation plus she has a grudge against u7

Plus she's a joke don't expect her actions to make much sense or consistent other than for a joke

Caliph's favorite character everyone

When Hit told Jiren "I'm working" it gave me the impression that he's going all in like, using his assasins tools/not holding back. Let's see what happens.

I actually got that impression myself, he likely knows full well that he won't stand a chance unless he fights with the mindset that he's aiming to kill him, hence why to us it comes off as a sudden increase in power. Guess we'll see in a few days.

Tamanon

Banned
It'd be neat if the punishment for killing in the tourney is disqualification and the Zenos bringing the dead party back to life.

Daingurse

I agree with ya'll saying Hit isn't holding anything back against Jiren. He will need to use his killing arts in-order to stand the slightest chance.

Morlas

one of my favorite parts of the episodes was how none of the fighters were scared of Jiren, of course if they got that fair they need to be confident in their strength

HeroR

Goku hangs out when it is training, meal time, and bed time

occasionally ChiChi drags him for other things but he is the main character with the most screen time

Vegeta literally went on Holiday with his family and stayed for his daughter's birth

He went to Gohan’s movie, had a BQ at Gohan’s house, babysit Pan when he was sick, and even takes Goten to work with him. He even had no problem trying to take Goten to Whis with him.

Vegeta barely spent any time with Trunks other than that one outing, in which he didn’t even last the entire day. He doesn’t even hang out with Trunks by training with him. Vegeta is also a secordary main character so the “main character with the most screen time” is really poor.

LotusHD

Banned
It'd be neat if the punishment for killing in the tourney is disqualification and the Zenos bringing the dead party back to life.

Lmao, that'd be hilarious. Too bad that can't happen with Jiren.

one of my favorite parts of the episodes was how none of the fighters were scared of Jiren, of course if they got that fair they need to be confident in their strength

Yea, Kai the Supreme Kai was completely wrong there.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Most of the Goku and his family stuff has been a way to reengage the audience with Gohan.

It has but he's also had some good Goten scenes. I can only think of a few things Vegeta has done with family but Goku's had plenty of nice moments in Super alone with his. Vegeta is simply too cold, while Goku shows personal support for his sons.

Not gonna lie, I got some serious Ryusui Seikuken vibes from Ultra Instinct. This is absolutely not a bad thing.

Also, I wanted Vegeta to just knock Ribrianne off the stage because I'm sick of her stupid everything. I'm usually good with a motif or two and carrying it out, but this one has worn thinner than a wet paper bag.

Frieza vs Ribrianne should happen

Magwik

Banned
It has but he's also had some good Goten scenes. I can only think of a few things Vegeta has done with family but Goku's had plenty of nice moments in Super alone with his. Vegeta is simply too cold, while Goku shows personal support for his sons.
Geets cares more for his not real son from the future and alternate universe son then his own

LotusHD

Banned
Maybe Ribrianne isn't as cute when it cones to her Universe erasure

The answer was staring us in the face the entire time, she heard the speech!

giphy.gif

Giving energy wouldnt have prevented him for doing that.

hey, Geets had the most important part, if he didn't stop Ribrainne the SB doesn't go off and Goku doesn't get UI.

Geets giveth and he taketh away, just like how he got Gohan's arm wrecked during Cell and them gave him the opening to win, the force is in balance.

Goku didn't need Vegeta's protection. He had the best possible thing. Jiren. There's no way Jiren would've allowed any attack to reach Goku while he was allowing Goku to charge up that attack. If Jiren accepts to let Goku charge his attack without attacking him, it inevitably also means that Jiren until the attack is ready, will absolutely protect Goku. So what Vegeta did was completely unnecessary, and in no way makes up for his very disgraceful unwillingness to help Goku in such a serious time of need.

No matter how people try to find ways to defend Vegeta, what he did in that moment, with the threat Jiren had presented himself to be, speaks very negatively of his character.

He went to Gohan’s movie, had a BQ at Gohan’s house, babysit Pan when he was sick, and even takes Goten to work with him. He even had no problem trying to take Goten to Whis with him.

Vegeta barely spent any time with Trunks other than that one outing, in which he didn’t even last the entire day. He doesn’t even hang out with Trunks by training with him. Vegeta is also a secordary main character so the “main character with the most screen time” is really poor.

okay you got me lol

Ash735

So quick take on Funimation Dub, in the last episode, they made it seem like Vegeta beat Magetta WITHOUT the insult, the insult was just there to add salt on an already impending defeat, with Whis saying if he told Vegeta about the insult trick, then he wouldn't have got to see him beat Magetta in a fight.

LogicStep

That mouse being so chilled the fuck out, surely that has to mean something or could it just be an oversight by the artists? Jiren was there fucking up Goku as though it was no issue but after all of that, the mouse did not care at all. The invisible fighters theory might be true but I dunno, it would be nice if there is a red herring and Jiren is not the strongest.

But in general, none of the universes were fussed at all when Jiren was going crazy. They've probably just moved onto the acceptance stage, just like I should with Vegeta being shitted on by the writers and confused Dragonball fans. :(
Didn't the mouse make a deal with Frieza?

Fj0823

So quick take on Funimation Dub, in the last episode, they made it seem like Vegeta beat Magetta WITHOUT the insult, the insult was just there to add salt on an already impending defeat, with Whis saying if he told Vegeta about the insult trick, then he wouldn't have got to see him beat Magetta in a fight.

American Dragon Ball. SERIOUS BUSINESS NO FUN ALLOWED

Durden77

Yeah, I think Jiren's wish is going to be to where he doesn't have so much power. But I think Goku will match him eventually or at least put up a hell of a fight, and convince him that there is always someone out there stronger than him. He'll thank him, they'll be best buds, and then Jiren will give his wish to Goku or something.

Didn't the mouse make a deal with Frieza?

Not that we're aware of. The mouse tried to trick the Wolf GoD universe in to taking goku/frieza out before the tournament started make a deal with the Wolf universe GoD While that universe (not mouse) were attacking Frieza, Frieza contacted them to make an offer, but they never accepted it.

Big One

Banned
That mouse being so chilled the fuck out, surely that has to mean something or could it just be an oversight by the artists? Jiren was there fucking up Goku as though it was no issue but after all of that, the mouse did not care at all. The invisible fighters theory might be true but I dunno, it would be nice if there is a red herring and Jiren is not the strongest.
They aren't invisible just small and apparently they can burrow themselves underground. It seems Damon and the other bug creature that looks like him might be Universe 4's ace. There's a cool theory online I heard that they're actually Metamorans.

Azerare

I really need the instrumental of limit break x survivor that plays when Goku is charging up the spirit bomb.

It definitely made that scene a favorite of mine. Added to the tension.

Daingurse

Goku didn't need Vegeta's protection. He had the best possible thing. Jiren. There's no way Jiren would've allowed any attack to reach Goku while he was allowing Goku to charge up that attack. If Jiren accepts to let Goku charge his attack without attacking him, it inevitably also means that Jiren until the attack is ready, will absolutely protect Goku. So what Vegeta did was completely unnecessary, and in no way makes up for his very disgraceful unwillingness to help Goku in such a serious time of need.

No matter how people try to find ways to defend Vegeta, what he did in that moment, with the threat Jiren had presented himself to be, speaks very negatively of his character.

Vegeta is still an asshole. However, this particular example of Vegeta being a jackass was actually pretty amusing to me. His stance was honestly uncalled for. His actions contrasted greatly with the rest of his team. Even the emperor of fucking evil gave up some energy, but Vegeta? AW HELL NAW. His refusal had me rolling. Dude is stubborn to a fault. That aspect of the character still appears to be very much alive.

I'm personally willing to give him slack here though. I really can't imagine that his contribution would have amounted to anything. I still see events playing out exactly same. It would have been a waste of energy.

brinstar

It could be both. Whis said he heard warriors in U4 have special abilities. I don't think just hiding their last two fighters will guarantee them a victory cause other teams could still have more at the end, but they could be hiding + holding back an ability that will screw everyone at the last minute.

That's pretty much how it went down in the original sub since Vegeta says his insult at the same time in both versions and then Magetta went outside the ring.

Durden77

I kind of can't believe that I'm thinking that the new ending song/animations can compete with Boogie Back. I didn't think anything would be able to touch it, but I love this new ending.

Vegeta is currently stronger than Goku.

1) He didn't give any energy since he is fresh and still needs all of it.
2) I don't believe he has really gotten hit since the tournament started.
3) Most of his fighting has been in SSJ. He has used Blue a couple of times but nothing else.
4) He used the Time Chamber before the ToP.

Top Bottom