• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT9| Genki-Drama

J4g3r

No.

Or you can but remove translations and don't post entire sequences / pages.

That's easy enough.

lvJ6pIl.png

Android 13 got the first one, Toppo got the other.

Is he supposed to be nutting him, or is he supposed to be kicking him in the stomach and it's just really not drawn very well? Because I'm leaning towards the stomach kick.

That would require him to team up with his real dad instead of fake dad.
He's already teamed up with Piccolo.

Aha I'm just going off the conclusion to the goku black saga. They were willing to let Trunks be the one to defeat Zamasu with a ultra instinct like technique. Hopefully they throw some surprises our way with half the tournament left to go.

Frieza defeating Jiren would be cool also.

Skii

Aha I'm just going off the conclusion to the goku black saga. They were willing to let Trunks be the one to defeat Zamasu with a ultra instinct like technique. Hopefully they throw some surprises our way with half the tournament left to go.

I dont like it when Goku defeats the main villain when it doesn't make sense. That's why I hated it with ROF because it was just such an obnoxious way for Toriyama to say that Vegeta cant be the one to defeat Frieza.

With the Black arc, it makes sense Trunks be the one to defeat Merged Zamasu.

With this arc, it makes sense Goku defeats Jiren. It wouldn't make any sense for Gohan to do it since they havent even interacted the entire tournament. Although personally I dont think Jiren is getting defeated by anyone.

I think the thing with Gohan is that his instincts are kind of terrible. Of course it's not an issue when he's got a giant power gap over his opponent. But really remember his fights against Dabura and Super Buu (post absorption), he just kept making bad decisions. They made an attempt to show him get over that weakness, but that fight against the Yardrat was pretty telling that he still has a way to go in that regard.

I'd liked to see him 1v1 Toppo, but if he's going against Jiren, he's definitely going to be the assist.

HeroR

No they didn't. Trunks just took a Spirit Bomb Sword and cut a weakened Merged Zamasu, which his nothing like UI.

I think the thing with Gohan is that his instincts are kind of terrible. Of course it's not an issue when he's got a giant power gap over his opponent. But really remember his fights against Dabura and Super Buu (post absorption), he just kept making bad decisions. They made an attempt to show him get over that weakness, but that fight against the Yardrat was pretty telling that he still has a way to go in that regard.

I'd liked to see him 1v1 Toppo, but if he's going against Jiren, he's definitely going to be the assist.

Pretty much. UI is based on using muscle memory in your body and refining it so you can do certain movements without thinking. It's like walking, at first you had to think about it, and then you reached the point where you can get up and walk as easily as breathing. Same principle.

Gohan doesn't have the same muscle memory since he goes in and out of training and while cram sessions can raised his battle power, it isn't going to help his muscle memory. He would still be rusty and no real match against an experience fighter if everything is closed to equal.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
I at least appreciate Piccolo for training him. Goku just fought him once and was like "wow, I have a son" and forgot about him the next day. He could have taught him so many things.

Skii

I dont think its instincts but more likely his arrogance. It's the reason why it costs him vs Cell and Buu. But it's the same with Goku and Vegeta. It's just a saiyan trait that will probably always trouble them.

HeroR

I at least appreciate Piccolo for training him. Goku just fought him once and was like "wow, I have a son" and forgot about him the next day. He could have taught him so many things.

Piccolo doesn't really teach Gohan stuff. Like, have we seen Gohan used the Special Beam Cannon and I don't mean the video games.

I'll go with the good on the new chapters first. The art and framing were really good this month and the fighting was a step above Toyotaro's usual, I really enjoyed it. Seeing the GoDs fight and get all beaten and bloody was cool. Toppo having God ki is a nice touch and I like Goku outright losing to Toppo more than what happened in the anime.

As for the bad, Toyotaro has been doing a good job writing the new characters, but his Toppo has zero character, he's just not fun compared to the over the top version in the anime. Losing Toppo's distaste for Goku is also a huge negative for me as is the fact that he shows no special moves.
I'm also scratching my head because Goku says he can't sense Gods...

All in all it was a good chapter, but the handling of Toppo is a huge step down from the anime.

HeroR

For the manga, I just don't care about the God of Destruction rumble. It just does nothing for me. But it was drawn well and it was funny seeing most of the gods shit face on the floor. But it seemed too tamed for a giant battle royal between all the Gods of Destruction not holding back and the mortals fighting comes off as more interesting. Which is weird when you considered that even in the manga Super Saiyan God Goku and Beerus shook the universe.

I also don't think we needed an 'excuse' as to why the Gods of Destruction isn't in the tournament since the anime covered this by just saying Zen'o is using Champa's tournament as a basics, hence the Super Dragon Balls as the grand prize.

Kyzer

Banned
Which is weird when you considered that even in the manga Super Saiyan God Goku and Beerus shook the universe.

Might as well forget about that

Along with any idea that the series was ever or will ever be consistent logically

Slaythe

A far worse version of the poster ?? (anime shading instead of the nice coloring they had, and some weird shadow added to 17's leg)

But not a scan

Officiel FighterZ ... I don't know what this is supposed to be anyway

artDB_FighterZ_Compilation-Art_10_23_17.jpg

So I'm not gonna mention (again) the elephant in the room.

Kyzer

Banned
A far worse version of the poster ?? (anime shading instead of the nice coloring they had, and some weird shadow added to 17's leg)

But not a scan

Lmao

He's now the size of nappa's leg but skinnier

CryptiK

But not a scan

I like how this has a bunch of Android arc stuff, 17 is featured but the strongest fighter in the arc is no where to be seen. Also Kai planet? This poster makes no fucking sense.

I like how this has a bunch of Android arc stuff, 17 is featured but the strongest fighter in the arc is no where to be seen. Also Kai planet? This poster makes no fucking sense.
Kai Planet? And everyone from Cell Saga is there, unless you're making a joke about Mr Satan?

HeroR

Might as well forget about that

Along with any idea that the series was ever or will ever be consistent logically

I am not asking for logic in a show that has talking pigs. My issues was that the royal rumble between all the Gods of Destruction wasn't all that special and in Merged Zamasu fight came off as more 'epic', yes I do mean the manga version.

The manga God of Destruction fight comes off as thugs trying to beat the shit out of each other.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
For the manga, I just don't care about the God of Destruction rumble. It just does nothing for me. But it was drawn well and it was funny seeing most of the gods shit face on the floor. But it seemed too tamed for a giant battle royal between all the Gods of Destruction not holding back and the mortals fighting comes off as more interesting. Which is weird when you considered that even in the manga Super Saiyan God Goku and Beerus shook the universe.

I also don't think we needed an 'excuse' as to why the Gods of Destruction isn't in the tournament since the anime covered this by just saying Zen'o is using Champa's tournament as a basics, hence the Super Dragon Balls as the grand prize.
This is how I felt about the GoD battle as well. In the end it's just unnecessary fluff that proves Toyotarou's priorities revolve around what's "cool" over better substance.

caliph95

This is how I felt about the GoD battle as well. In the end it's just unnecessary fluff that proves Toyotarou's priorities revolve around what's "cool" over better substance.
I like seeing abilities but not sure if I would call it cool

Not even the abilities were all that special imo

Top Bottom