• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT9| Genki-Drama

Kyzer

Banned
Does anyone else think DBS might have an ending in sight? Seems like the whole series is about Goku crossing that final threshold to become the absolute strongest in the universe and could see the series ending at Goku beating Beerus in a fight, which could easily happen pretty soon after the tournament

I am not asking for logic in a show that has talking pigs. My issues was that the royal rumble between all the Gods of Destruction wasn't all that special and in Merged Zamasu fight came off as more 'epic', yes I do mean the manga version.

The manga God of Destruction fight comes off as thugs trying to beat the shit out of each other.

No I agree with you, and personally think it makes no sense.

Does anyone else think DBS might have an ending in sight? Seems like the whole series is about Goku crossing that final threshold to become the absolute strongest in the universe and could see the series ending at Goku beating Beerus in a fight, which could easily happen pretty soon after the tournament

As long as it makes money, it’ll keep going.

Morlas

Whis is gonna take Beerus into a compressed Time training room where he'll train for a million years and come out way stronger with ultra instinct completely mastered

Not a chance they aren’t ending this now. They could easily start pulling other mortals that are stronger than gods out of the woodworks

O you mean the super title and moving on to another...eh possibly

Kyzer

Banned
Not a chance they aren’t ending this now. They could easily start pulling other mortals that are stronger than gods out of the woodworks

I don't really think so ... They've already placed Goku at interdimensional God level and he's already stronger than almost all of the strongest mortals in all the universes in their timeline. It's pretty much just Jiren and then the GoDs, then the Angels/Bodyguards/Zeno.

If anything they would pull DBZ stuff and have creatures like Majin Buu come from nowhere due to special circumstances

Morlas

They're gonna make a wish that brings back the other 6 universes in addition to the ones being erased and it turns out that the Gods of Destruction actually all come from those universes and there are warriors even stronger than them living there

Not really to be honest. They aren't going to kill it when it's actually doing well IMO. Though I have wondered where we go from here. I'm sure they'll have an ass pull lined up ready though. Plus it would kinda seem like a waste building all the hype for UI to just say Goku is the almighty now and end the show.

Kyzer

Banned
Not really to be honest. They aren't going to kill it when it's actually doing well IMO. Though I have wondered where we go from here. I'm sure they'll have an ass pull lined up ready though. Plus it would kinda seem like a waste building all the hype for UI to just say Goku is the almighty now and end the show.

Goku is going to end up the strongest being in all the universes eventually, this is Toriyama mission in DBS lol

caliph95

Well the manga also confirmed that Jiren was the rumored mortal

So there goes Shantsa theory

Well instead of Justice flash we get justice Hakai

M.D

iDqSSYf.gif

Tamanon

Banned
I don't see Super ending any time soon.

MAYBE they'll end Goku's story for a while and try to let the new generation take over.

There's just a Dragonball revolution going on, they can't stop it yet.

Now that I think about it, what else is there for Goku to set himself a goal once he passes angels and maybe even zeno? Plotwist zeno is kid from a higher plane of existence in daycare and the multiverse is his literal sandbox to play in while he waits for his parent to come back from work :O?

I think they'll change some of it, just not the whole thing.
I only need a few things changed you know that :)

I don't see Super ending any time soon.

MAYBE they'll end Goku's story for a while and try to let the new generation take over.

There's just a Dragonball revolution going on, they can't stop it yet.
I think it’s time I unfortunately accept there’s NEVER gonna be a Dbz next generation or something like that goku is it

There are also the erased universes already deleted by Zeno. They can pull a "those universes were too dangerous that's why they were erased" and somehow they come back. I don't see Super ending soon but who knows.

yeah instead of normal Pan beating up Goten it'll be super saiyan Pan
Get that filler outta here

That GT interview was extremely telling. They're still stuck in those ways even now.
Yup nothing is changing in that regard maybe the kids will get some shine but it’s never gonna be a boruto type deal or anything of that nature he set it up twice and knocked it down immediately it’s not happening

HeroR

I like seeing abilities but not sure if I would call it cool

Not even the abilities were all that special imo

I think that is another problem I have, especially with the U2 Goddess of Destruction just pulling a bow as her special technique. At least the fox god was cool with shooting energy attacks out of his tail. U11's god being Gambit was meh and U10 god elephant roar was kind of interesting.

But overall, it just felt lackluster. Like, I expect more seeing all the Gods of Destruction fighting after all this build up. I mean, Beerus and Champa in the manga casually destroying planets over a cherry on the cake was more cool than this.

Actually, when I think about it, if all the Gods of Destruction can all out in a no holding back fight without several universes blowing up (they didn't even destroy the ring), why is its forbidding for the Gods of Destruction to fight?

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
They next step threat wise for the Dragon Ball universe is Lovecraftian horrors from outside the known universes clawing their tentacle way into reality. Then the big bad turns out to be a big muscley Cthulhu that decides things with a tournament... for reasons.

HeroR

They next step threat wise for the Dragon Ball universe is Lovecraftian horrors from outside the known universes clawing their tentacle way into reality. Then the big bad turns out to be a big muscley Cthulhu that decides things with a tournament... for reasons.

We actually got that with Majin Buu and later Merged Zamasu after he fused with the multiverse. Heck, Dragon Ball Super has been Lovecraftian horror show since Beerus was introduced.

I would really love them to flesh out the other fighters a bit more to be honest, but it has occurred to me that there's a benefit to how things are currently. Right now Super is moving at a pretty brisk pace and personally I really appreciate that too.

I do wonder if spreading out focus would slow it down a bit especially when I think back to arcs from Z that felt like they went on for an eternity. If they could find a middleground would be ideal I guess.

Tamanon

Banned
That's actually the most determined face I've seen on Cabba(in the preview). Maybe he's finally going to do something after all.

Top Bottom