• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT9| Genki-Drama

Whis mentioned that the main reason why Goku passes him is because the chip of his shoulder doesn't allow him to relax more. And Goku's weakness is his overconfidence. Both acknowledged it.

It'd be nice for them to realize this and work together to beat Jiren.

Right, but I'm not seeing how that makes Vegeta instantly hiding something that will make him match or come lose to Jiren. Beat Toppo, sure. Heck, Toppo and Bugs, at the same time, sure. But it feels like it would be asspull for the sake of asspull if he just goes "Oh btw I've got this thing I can do now" and smacks Jiren around. I mean, maybe that water that cloned him for a bit made him stronger somehow?

OTOH, I always took it as Whis saying Goku let's his guard down (literally) not that he's overconfident. UI would more or less be the "fix" for this flaw, too, even if only temporary at times.

Espada

Damn, that preview pretty much confirms that this form will probably push Goku into the UI state again. We've already seen that Blue is nothing against LSSJ Kale and Jiren, and this fused character is significantly stronger than LSSJ. I do agree with Kimawolf, it looks like this is U6's last hurrah.

kunonabi

Damn, that preview pretty much confirms that this form will probably push Goku into the UI state again. We've already seen that Blue is nothing against LSSJ Kale and Jiren, and this fused character is significantly stronger than LSSJ. I do agree with Kimawolf, it looks like this is U6's last hurrah.

Not really, she may have tanked all of Blue's offense but he brushed off the beating he received like it was nothing as well.

Espada

Not really, she may have tanked all of Blue's offense but he brushed off the beating he received like it was nothing as well.

True, but this fusion is going to be significantly stronger and it has a tactical, rational mind making decisions rather than just a roaring animal state. He either goes Blue+KK against them or he's getting stomped.

I don't think this fight will fully conclude. My hope is that Kafla seeks out Frieza for revenge
Oh my goodness, icyflame. Do you really hate Kale and Caulifla that much? Frieza is even more likely to eliminate them, especially if he does something devious. It'd be one hell of a match and it fulfill his little promise from the Cabba episode.

Oh my goodness, icyflame. Do you really hate Kale and Caulifla that much? Frieza is even more likely to eliminate them, especially if he does something devious. It'd be one hell of a match and it fulfill his little promise from the Cabba episode.

I'm meh on the characters but Kafla has the potential to be awesome. I'd expect Freiza to win (probably by Kafla conveniently defusing), but it would be a cool fight nonetheless.

ajim

I'm meh on the characters but Kafla has the potential to be awesome. I'd expect Freiza to win (probably by Kafla conveniently defusing), but it would be a cool fight nonetheless.
Would be awesome for Frieza to be the one to knock off the saiyans and erase universe 6 for sure.

NandoGip

I am definitely down for Freeza to be the one take gets U6 erased. I love how he adds a twist to the ToP. He's part of U7 who you're supposed to root for, but his goals are different than the rest of the team.

I'm really hoping that if Kafla gets knocked, Freeza is the one to do it.

Setsuna

I am definitely down for Freeza to be the one take gets U6 erased. I love how he adds a twist to the ToP. He's part of U7 who you're supposed to root for, but his goals are different than the rest of the team.

I'm really hoping that if Kafla gets knocked, Freeza is the one to do it.

Frieza doesn't add a twist to to the tournament at all. Frieza has only 2 options Die just to spite Goku, or be Revived

He has no other goals

Rising_Hei

I don't think Vegeta is hiding anything, he's simply evolved as a character, that's why he doesn't show signs of being envious... people are just too bored and youtubers feed them with nonsense theories !

Vegeta and time chamber is so tiring. Super's garbage writing makes it too much of a crutch. They should have never removed the limitations.

Astral Dog

I wonder if the long arc means the Tournament or something else.if thats the case it would be too soon to talk about whats next
How would the two sayin girls know of fusion if GOKU hadn’t demonstrated it to them?
Apparently Champa (or U6 kai) gave them the earrings

Kimawolf

I wonder if the long arc means the Tournament or something else.if thats the case it would be too soon to talk about whats next

Apparently Champa (or U6 kai) gave them the earrings
Which means the zenos both muust have thought it was cool and allowed it. Or a actually... Goku probably suggested it to the zenos to let them do it for a better fight.

How would the two sayin girls know of fusion if GOKU hadn’t demonstrated it to them?

2628e1d690.jpg

Like, it's in the NEP >_>, it's not the dance.

Well animated episode and even tho I'm tired of them i actually enjoyed watching their fight.

Also don't like how they were acting like kale didn't control her power a few episodes ago... they could've cut a lot of that corny shit out in the beginning

kunonabi

Probably my favorite episode so far. The solid art really made Kale and Califla's designs sing and the tag team offense and character work for the ladies were really solid.

Super really needs to work on sound design though. Some of those hits really didnt have the impact they should.

NeonZ

Also don't like how they were acting like kale didn't control her power a few episodes ago... they could've cut a lot of that corny shit out in the beginning

Yeah, that part was weird. Although last time she kept her berserker form, just under control, while here it completely disappeared, so it isn't quite the same. Although it's still an odd writing choice.

Espada

Yeah, the art was pretty good in this episode. I like Kefla's design, though in the NEP they kind of ruined her because her normal hair looks better than the SS form. Seeing Goku advancing through the forms only reinforces the idea that he's going to be pushed into UI again. That will, of course, make Jiren stop meditating.

Oh, and Frieza is still a bunch of fun. It's crazy that after all these power boosts he's still unconcerned about the stuff around him.

Shouta

The animation was a pretty big step up from last episode but they did a pretty poor job of differentiating Kales' before and after from each other. Kefla looks solid though. I also liked the Jiren starting to respond bits, lol.

ajim

Awesome episode. Kale and caulifla are the best and Kefla looks amazing.

Rekon jiren is going to wake up and step in when they take down ssgb goku? Hope so. Was awesome seeing him respond to berserker Kale. She's a monster.

Yea I laughed at the part where frieza said he was gonna ignore that universe 3 dude frieza

Didn't like him replacing buu but he been pretty fun to watch

Espada

Awesome episode. Kale and caulifla are the best and Kefla looks amazing.

Rekon jiren is going to wake up and step in when they take down ssgb goku? Hope so. Was awesome seeing him respond to berserker Kale. She's a monster.

Honestly, Caulifla should've just let Kale rampage and toss Goku off the side. Regular Kale alone had him struggling. We've seen that SSB Goku does nothing to Berserk Kale, that would be an easy elimination.

As for Goku, there's a different pattern in his engagement with those two. They tag team him, he powers up and beats them, but then they power up even more and force him into a corner, and he powers up to the point that he's brushing off their attacks and gut punching them. Caulifla's speed and power being stressed means UI is the next step.

MightyKAC

Really solid episode.

Good art, good fight and pretty lean on the bullshit.

It'd be REALLY nice if the rest of them were like this.

Top Bottom