• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT9| Genki-Drama

ajim

Watching the episode in HD again and man this is awesome. The details, the excitement in caulifla and Kale and Kale being the one to lead the battle 'red, blue, it doesn't matter' and Keflas transformation and initial moves and laugh.

So much hype for me.

Hype Man

Neo Member
lol Frieza> Hit.

Dyspo was having none of that, but he was licking his lips when he saw Hit.

jk Hit stomps frieza probs

I have to hand it to Super. I've been saying I wish we had Caulifla in Kale's body since the two were introduced, and that was the plan all along!
Well played.

LordOfChaos

lol Frieza> Hit.

That's a fight I wanted to see but unfortunately we probably never will now. I'm not sure if GF is more powerful, he matched SSB but he never faced KK anything times that, but lets say he is, Hit would still have all his abilities plus a thousand years of experience on his side. It would have been a good match probably, and closer matched than Jiren by far.

I also thought Dyspo vs Freiza would have been good, they havn't used the guy since Hit but he should be pretty strong regardless of his ability if he was able to do damage with Hits level of Ki defense. And with his ability he should still be wrecking some.

If Toppo vs Vegeta turns against the former he should jump in.

lol Frieza> Hit.

I'm looking forward to when Frieza actually goes all out. We know that SSB transformation doesn't mean Goku or Vegeta are necessarily fighting full power, and we know Golden Frieza was stronger than either of them individually in RoF. Would love to see Freiza unlock UI temporarily.

oliander

Off topic: yay first post

On topic: I agree that the end game here is probably Kefla pushing Goku to either achieve UI again before getting eliminated, or to get him really really close.

Either way, I agree with Geekdom's theory that the fight will likely be resolved by Kefla turning SSJ3 and draining their fusion because they don't realize how much stamina SSJ3 takes. All the narrative hints dropped so far all allude to that being the conclusion.

Rising_Hei

Off topic: yay first post

On topic: I agree that the end game here is probably Kefla pushing Goku to either achieve UI again before getting eliminated, or to get him really really close.

Either way, I agree with Geekdom's theory that the fight will likely be resolved by Kefla turning SSJ3 and draining their fusion because they don't realize how much stamina SSJ3 takes. All the narrative hints dropped so far all allude to that being the conclusion.
I don't see how in the world could Kefla need to turn SSJ3 unless Jiren wakes up, tho XD

Tho, i think that perhaps I they will just to show off, saiyan's pride and "revenge" against Goku, and it turns against them xD

oliander

I don't see how in the world could Kefla need to turn SSJ3 unless Jiren wakes up, tho XD

Tho, i think that perhaps I they will just to show off, saiyan's pride and "revenge" against Goku, and it turns against them xD

They want it real bad and they don't know the consequences tied to it. That's pretty much all the justification two transformation-hungry Saiyans need.

Hell, if Goku's two brain cells happen to rub against each other, he might even end up "baiting" Kefla into going SSJ3 after getting his ass handed to him in Blue.

Espada

Oh yeah you're right I forgot to count frieza

I feel like gohan should be he one fighting asspull queen... instead of Saiyan jesus

Nah, if there's anyone they should be fighting it's Supreme God Emperor of Asspulls Goku himself. I'm telling you, every time they power up he just goes one stage higher. Them beating on him is going to make him hit Ultra Instinct again.

I'm really hoping we get some Gohan episodes though, but that may only be after Piccolo is eliminated.

kunonabi

Oh yeah you're right I forgot to count frieza

I feel like gohan should be he one fighting asspull queen... instead of Saiyan jesus

Gohan and Kale always had great potential as a match up. Its a shame that the top has done such a poor job showcasing any matches aside from goku vs X so far.

AdanVC

I hope they don't keep this pace of focusing into one battle with each U7 member because this is starting to drag for too long already and at this point I don't give a damn about any other fighter on the tourney other than Goku, Jiren and Frieza. And in a less grade, Toppo and Piccolo/Gohan. Still hoping this two can pull out some kind of surprise ala DBZ during the Cell arc. Screw Vegeta, he has been a huge dissapointment so far on this tournament, IMHO.

Nah, if there's anyone they should be fighting it's Supreme God Emperor of Asspulls Goku himself. I'm telling you, every time they power up he just goes one stage higher. Them beating on him is going to make him hit Ultra Instinct again.

I'm really hoping we get some Gohan episodes though, but that may only be after Piccolo is eliminated.

I get that they need to keep pushing Goku to tap into UI again but seriously... I'm getting tired of seeing him every week and then small clips of the others... frieza hasn't gone all out, vegeta hasn't gone all out, gohan hasn't gone all out, the androids definitely haven't gone all out... how many more tough fighters can they possibly introduce at this point to make sure everyone gets their turn.

Gohan and Kale always had great potential as a match up. Its a shame that the top has done such a poor job showcasing any matches aside from goku vs X so far.

Exactly gohan vs someone as strong as her or the fusion would've pushed him further like they been saying he wanted to do..

Unless the namekians knock piccolo out and then fuse and fight gohan solo.

Xero

I know lol power levels and all but it's really annoying that a fusion between two Sayian that just learned to become Super Sayian are stronger then Goku in God mode without even transforming at all. There's no consistency to how anything works anymore and it's really annoying to me personally. They shouldn't be anywhere near Goku.
To be fair caulifa clearly already had the raw base power to ascend to super Saiyan 2. You don’t just get it when you get strong enough you still need to trigger it. So her being powerful enough for ss2 and just not knowing how to Activate it until now isn’t too crazy.

Krixeus

I know lol power levels and all but it's really annoying that a fusion between two Sayian that just learned to become Super Sayian are stronger then Goku in God mode without even transforming at all. There's no consistency to how anything works anymore and it's really annoying to me personally. They shouldn't be anywhere near Goku.

That's been my attitude towards most of Super since Goku achieved God mode. In theory no one else in the universe or other universe (aside from Jiren) should be able to even touch Goku since the God's were supposed to be the most powerful beings in all the universes right? Especially if you consider Kale and Califla and just how low (relatively speaking) they should are to Goku even at his base...

This show has been painfully boring the past 2 eps mainly because I hate everyone involved, it was about to get interesting with the inclusion of Frieza but Goku had to just continue hogging all the spotlight.

kunonabi

This show has been painfully boring the past 2 eps mainly because I hate everyone involved, it was about to get interesting with the inclusion of Frieza but Goku had to just continue hogging all the spotlight.

Kale and Califla getting the spotlight has been the most interested ive been in the show. Their eventual jobbing to Goku is really deflating though.

Astral Dog

lol Frieza> Hit.

Its funny how we have lots of those around the same level, who knows wich is more powerful between 17, Frieza, Hit, Toppo, Vegeta, Kale (without fusing) etc.

Yet he remains unconcerned

LordOfChaos

Its funny how we have lots of those around the same level, who knows wich is more powerful between 17, Frieza, Hit, Toppo, Vegeta, Kale (without fusing) etc.

If Dyspo couldn't deal with Freiza, it's indeed weird that he left it to those two. If he thought Toppo could deal with everyone that's Golden Freiza level, it would be easy to see two teaming up on him.

Dyspo and Toppos chances alone seem way too low for that form of arrogance. I mean he'll probably wake up with some time left to take care of what's left, but if Toppo and Dyspo were gone only two people from any other team would have to hide out from him to win.

If U11 actually wins and it's shown Jiren had the level of foresight to see that, then it would make a lot more sense.

Baleoce

It's moreso that Dypso doesn't want to deal with Freeza cause the dude is whack

That's the impression I got. Also, Freeza's kind of batshit when he's on a role and having fun tormenting people. As funny as it was that Dyspo peaced out abruptly, it could be that he was confident that him and Toppo weren't in any danger from him, and well.. other than themselves and Jiren, the only other people who would get knocked out by Freeza going on a rampage is.. people outside of U11.

Hype Man

Neo Member

Man so many matchups unresolved. Goku hogging the fights. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets a crack at Toppo later.

I can honestly see all the hard hitters getting steamrolled by Jiren when he wakes so that U11 have numbers advantage. Goku gets UI during the process and rematch begins

Kazuhira

I can totally see Vegito coming back,kefla is giving them the earrings after being defeated.

This ep looked way better than I thought it would; kefla looking great

I need a gif of cauli bouncing up and down in that boxing stance.

Edit: made one myself:
wiRgiBQ.gif

I hope cauli becomes a recurring character,make her Goku's apprentice or something because i really the scenes between them.

hohoXD123

I can totally see Vegito coming back,kefla is giving them the earrings after being defeated.

I hope cauli becomes a recurring character,make her Goku's apprentice or something because i really the scenes between them.

Ultra Instinct Vegito. Now that would be fun to see.

Vidiot

So now it seems
Kefla is going to hold her own even against ultra instict
. I can't. Why does it bother me so much!

Kimawolf

So now it seems
Kefla is going to hold her own even against ultra instict
. I can't. Why does it bother me so much!
Lol remember... legendary super sayian has an unlimited amount of power. Add that a fighting prodigy who has surpassed ss2 and remember potara increases the combined pairs power 10s of times! I can see how it happens.

Really hoping that the tingle kids get knocked out. It would make the most sense, especially given Vegeta's promise to Cabba. But more importantly, I want to see Freiza go all out.

Lol remember... legendary super sayian has an unlimited amount of power. Add that a fighting prodigy who has surpassed ss2 and remember potara increases the combined pairs power 10s of times! I can see how it happens.

We can't use Brolly info and apply it to Lady Brolly. Brolly himself was defeated by SSJ Goku with the energy of Vegeta, Piccolo, Trunks, Gohan and Piccolo. This canon version of "Brolly" hasn't been fully defined. Though at this point I am more hyped on "Janemba".

longdi

Banned
I like kafla and all but another 3 episodes of them battling goku and obtaining more powerups...kinda ruin my years of dbz childhood.

RCU005

What bothers me about this tournament is that they made it in minutes! Why not 48 hours or even days?! Who thought that it was a good idea? If they knew the tournament would last many episodes, then it would have made sense to make it last longer.

The way it is now, means that everything is happening in fast forward (not even bullet-time). Which is weird! Also, it means that Goku is powering up by the minute and Caulifula by the second! And when they need to rest, they only rest for like 10 seconds! (Even though it is presented as if it was days!)

If the torunament had been setup to last days, it would have been a hunger games style, in which the teams have to survive. Like it is now, but would make sense, duration-time.

Also, being minutes, the fights should be one after the other, and they should go at the same time. Like how in the movie Avengers, they show you Hulk fighting, and they they move the camera to show Thor, and the Captain America. That's how it should be presented.

Top Bottom