• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT9| Genki-Drama

NeonZ

Again, having power doesn't mean you've mastered it. Kale's put nothing into actual training so I wouldn't expect her to but she's the only thing stopping her LSSJ form from scaling up that high.

Keep in mind that we had a Super writer previously saying that he'd thought of Goku as holding back in that berserker battle, which lines up better with the most recent episode.

https://twitter.com/toshio916/status/890674773453291521

Then we get this episode with SSJ God Goku doing better against a controlled Kale who is said to be stronger than the Berserker one in the episode itself. I think this random holding back with no signs or reason for it is pretty bad, but considering what we're getting it does seem to be the case.

kunonabi

Well, this is a show about Saiyans...
That would be like watching a series about Superman and saying "I don't want to see any more Kriptonians" lol

To be fair that isnt an uncommon criticism since it tends to cheapen the whole last son of krypton angle when there are too many of them walking around.

oliander

Are leaked cells ok to post?

116 leaked image

DOPRRvIXkAIOVsS.jpg

I was just thinking about how the hell it is possible that all of this happened (is happening actually) over the course of less than a hour.

Cauli and Kale's development managed to be more rushed than Ichigo's during Soul Society arc. That's quite an impressive feat.

kunonabi

I was just thinking about how the hell it is possible that all of this happened (is happening actually) over the course of less than a hour.

Cauli and Kale's development managed to be more rushed than Ichigo's during Soul Society arc. That's quite an impressive feat.

To be fair when goku demands so much screen time everything else is always going to be rushed. Nobody is going to get an arc like Gohan did in Z these days.

The pacing for the ToP is just plain terrible though. Were the rest of the Super arcs this bad?

To be fair when goku demands so much screen time everything else is always going to be rushed. Nobody is going to get an arc like Gohan did in Z these days.

The pacing for the ToP is just plain terrible though. Were the rest of the Super arcs this bad?

Future trunks arc is still the best one.

But they all had their moments.

NeonZ

The previous arcs were much faster paced, if anything too fast at times (like the conclusion of the Zamasu arc or the build up to the U6 tournament where Goku and Vegeta trained for 3 years off screen in the RoSaT).

kunonabi

The previous arcs were much faster paced, if anything too fast at times (like the conclusion of the Zamasu arc or the build up to the U6 tournament where Goku and Vegeta trained for 3 years off screen in the RoSaT).

Id probably prefer the fast pace. At this point Goku and Vegeta training isnt all that exciting anymore anyway.

Astral Dog

As long as we are aware of Dragon Ball time we are going to be ok, remember people loved those episodes before the tournament and they were supposed to last 48 hours, this is the big tournament it should last awhile.

at least its not five minutes

kunonabi

You guys better sit back and buckle up because the ToP isn't ending until march lol

I have no idea how they're going to keep the tourney interesting until then. If the Lady Saiyans get eliminated by Goku there arent any compelling dynamics or match-ups left outside of possibly Gohan getting a spotlight. And we all how badly that will probably turn out.

NeonZ

Yup, that greenish hair style + blue eyes + the magenta outfit doesn't look good at all. What the hell is that
ridiculous brown haired Gohan image on that site, a joke?

If it's the image I'm looking at, that's Kiyoshi Hikawa, the singer of the opening. Apparently he'll do some voice work this episode.

kunonabi

It really isn't, I'd rather have more characters I like than have constraints come from a perspective that didn't have anything to do with DB in the first place.

Eh, there's only so much you can really do with Saiyan character designs and abilities at this point. I'd rather get the more quirky Toriyama stuff.

Astral Dog

I have no idea how they're going to keep the tourney interesting until then. If the Lady Saiyans get eliminated by Goku there arent any compelling dynamics or match-ups left outside of possibly Gohan getting a spotlight. And we all how badly that will probably turn out.
Lets seeeee.

There is still
Vegeta vs Toppo
Dyspo
Universe 4 secret fighters
Universe 2 girls (wich will fight 17 and 18)
The Namekians.
Frieza vs whatever
Gothen and Trunks vs Poacher

And Jiren vs Goku have barely fighted, that could be a long battle, assuming there isn't some twist.

Lets seeeee.

There is still
Vegeta vs Toppo
Dyspo
Universe 4 secret fighters
Universe 2 girls (wich will fight 17 and 18)
The Namekians.
Frieza vs whatever
Gothen and Trunks vs Poacher

And Jiren vs Goku have barely fighted, that could be a long battle, assuming there isn't some twist.

More secret fighters oh joy 🙄

Shouta

Episode felt like just the fluff to get to the next one, lol. Some of the key shots looked OK but the recycled stuff was pretty blah. The classic shot of looking at Goku from inside the Kamehameha was a nice touch.

Kimawolf

This was definitely merely an episode to get to the next weeks episode. THey REALLY need to switch focus from Goku for a bit. Hell we have till MARCH. But I now believe the tournament won't complete, as something will happen and force Goku/Jiren/Sayian girls to work together.

No way they can keep focusing solely on Goku for the tournament.

Oh man...these episodes are just like any fanfic, as if Cauli/Cale were "O.C's do not steal"

I thought the stakes would increase with fusions happening here and there but...not even that.

Everything now is for the sake of Goku getting this new form.

Espada

Episode felt like just the fluff to get to the next one, lol. Some of the key shots looked OK but the recycled stuff was pretty blah. The classic shot of looking at Goku from inside the Kamehameha was a nice touch.

Yup, lots of recycling and some really mediocre looking shots (namely of faces). Definitely felt like pure setup for the next episode. It's weird that all the non-Goku stuff was better than the fight itself. The back and forth between the Namekians and Gohan+Piccolo, Vegeta and Toppo, 17 bailing 18 out, goofy antics in the stands.

Oh man...these episodes are just like any fanfic, as if Cauli/Cale were "O.C's do not steal"

I thought the stakes would increase with fusions happening here and there but...not even that.

Everything now is for the sake of Goku getting this new form.

I called it weeks ago when Jiren started meditating. The main event is still clearly Goku vs Jiren, and the show would do everything it can to get Goku right back to that level. And sure it enough it looks like it's Goku going UI is the thing that wakes Jiren up. The is definitely less interesting when it focuses on Goku to this extent.

Espada

Shit was weak as fuck...

Filler for next weeks episode which probably won't be much either.

What's annoying is that going by the episode info we have for 116 and 117 it seems like he does win against Kefla (no mention of her or the ladies in any episodes after 116), but he's right back to the same state he was in after the Jiren fight. Which is just setup for another universe jumping him.

Oh well, let's hope the UI fight scene is awesome.

What's annoying is that going by the episode info we have for 116 and 117 it seems like he does win against Kefla (no mention of her or the ladies in any episodes after 116), but he's right back to the same state he was in after the Jiren fight. Which is just setup for another universe jumping him.

Oh well, let's hope the UI fight scene is awesome.
That's my issue with these next episodes too he burns out again and we are back at square one...

firelogic

That's my issue with these next episodes too he burns out again and we are back at square one...

It's ok. He'll continue fighting and transforming to SSJ3 and SSJB while miraculously recharging his stamina at the same time and be back in top form within a couple of minutes which would be 3 episodes.

Still don't get why they imposed a 48mins limit. It's ridiculous. It would have made more sense if it was at least 48 hours which would mean the contestants are in a grueling battle that makes more sense to the viewers to have the tournament last several months in terms of tv time.

ajim

Loved the second part. SSJ Kefla is amazing. Loved watching her wreck Goku's shit.

But ultra instinct goku is seriously the most hype transformation for me in all dragon ball. I feel like a little kid again super excited when goku kicked into it. So good. Good bye Kefla! You fought well, but UI Goku is going to run rings around you.

Edit: I also feel like everyone having access to these spoilers and them being so rampant is ruining a lot of the fun for people.

I'm gonna try avoid them moving forward because the past couple of episodes and knowing what happens 3-4 episodes in advance is taking away a lot of the spark, especially in discussions on here and on reddit.

Top Bottom