• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT9| Genki-Drama

Kyzon

I need that song that plays during the final parts of the fight. It just beat out the golden frieza theme as best in super for me

Skeeter49

The episodes I really liked this arc:
79: Buu's back.and gone
80: Gohan's back
82: Goku's fight with Toppo was solid after the boring Bergamo fight.
84: Krillin's back
87: 17's back
88: Father/ Son reunited and dismantled
90: Father/ Son reunited
92: Caulifla goodness
95: Frieza's back
100: Caulifla goodness. And Kale was there.
101: Caulifla and Kale hype.
102: 17 hype
103: Gohan family man hype
105: Roshi's back
107: Frost's back and gone
109: Great Goku vs. Jiren fight
110: Hyped Goku vs. Jiren fight

Astral Dog

So the top moments of this arc would be

Frieza's transformation after being brought back.
Universe 9's um ... moment.
And really the last two episodes.
Gohan going against Blue Goku.
17 Returning and going against Blue Goku.
Master Roshi abandoning his perverted ways.
Frost episode and elimination
Majin Buu.
Zeno erasing things

I need that song that plays during the final parts of the fight. It just beat out the golden frieza theme as best in super for me

Im just glad they didnt go for playing the theme song like they did during the fight with Hit in the Champa arc. That being said, while unlikely, I really hope Frieza has an ace up his sleeve and is the one that takes Jiren out with some bullshit that Zeno allows because its WOoooooow.

Kevinroc

What if Jiren is not all that different from Goku? He's just so much stronger than everyone else that he's so utterly bored with everything and everyone. He just does what Belmod says because what else does he have to do?

Gohan going against Blue Goku.
17 Returning and going against Blue Goku.
Master Roshi abandoning his perverted ways.
Frost episode and elimination
Majin Buu.
Zeno erasing things

Uh ... are you referring to him simply not being a perv anymore or his moment with Puar?

Magwik

Banned
What if Jiren is not all that different from Goku? He's just so much stronger than everyone else that he's so utterly bored with everything and everyone. He just does what Belmod says because what else does he have to do?

He's just a much much worse version of Toguro?

Mory Dunz

Skimming through the ep again, I like the fight between Goku and Jiren pre Spirit Bomb. I watched them together at first so I didn't distinguish episodes. So I guess 109 was good. My problems with the lack of choreo in 110 and how it was all handled overshadowed things. And the beginning fight with Ribrianne was irritating.

So the post Ribrianne, Pre Spirit bomb part was the best for me.

Kyzon

Im just glad they didnt go for playing the theme song like they did during the fight with Hit in the Champa arc. That being said, while unlikely, I really hope Frieza has an ace up his sleeve and is the one that takes Jiren out with some bullshit that Zeno allows because its WOoooooow.

Same. Although the instrumental theme that played earlier in the special was nice. I want a death spirit ball combo from Goku and Frieza. Goku in front with both hands up, and Frieza in the back with one finger

HardRojo

Skimming through the ep again, I like the fight between Goku and Jiren pre Spirit Bomb. I watched them together at first so I didn't distinguish episodes. So I guess 109 was good. My problems with the lack of choreo in 110 and how it was all handled overshadowed things. And the beginning fight with Ribrianne was irritating.

So the post Ribrianne, Pre Spirit bomb part was the best for me.

Yep, that warm-up with all the forms and then SSB vs Jiren was great, it made 109 for me.

I actually think he does and he's mastered it a long time ago. Goku was fighting at his level so he got a couple of hits in (out of surprise mostly, since Jiren didn't expect Goku to reach UI).

I mean, I want to say he doesn't have it, but he dodged the fuck out of that first kick.

I know Tate is somewhat divisive here, but I like how he seems to draw Toppo's hands even bigger.

download.png

...You think Toppo ever got bullied for his giant hands?

Skeeter49

I think I have the general idea of what happens in episodes from 47 onward, but starting with 70 I think I have each episode accurately memorized. Not that hard especially with a lot of the episodes being one offs.

Unbounded

Can someone explain that eye thing Jiren does?

Like, are those his fists and he's just moving that fast? Or are they like mental projections or something?

I'll need to rewatch these new episodes again, but aside from those, Hit vs Dyspo was EASILY my favorite and the only ep in Super I've gone back to watch like 5 times in the same week. The tactics in that fight were very refreshing for DB and it looked very solid too. What episode was that again?

I've purged Kat from my mind and soul, what else am I supposed to do to separate myself from Lotus?

I guess Caulifla has to go as well :(

A lot to do with how you guys are both outspoken Kale and cauli fans lol.

Miletius

Have to say, overall I'm looking forward to next episode quite a bit. I really hope that Hit actually does more than just job -- I mean, he's gonna lose for sure, but, I really want him to get in there and do some damage.

Hit has a distinct fighting style that makes him more interesting to me and I would like to see him go for the throat. No naivete that Goku has, just a pure fight for survival.

I also personally am a fan of them playing up the U 6/ U 7 friendship, so maybe that's why I want to see that.

J4g3r

I go play some Divinity and 10 pages pass in the OT, god damn.

There a full version of the track that plays during Ultra Instinct Goku vs Jiren yet?

Ash735

Finally, the hype paid off, Goku's new form was finally a transformation done right, felt very Z like, also glad it wasn't a "Goku Wins" type of thing too.

I actually think he does and he's mastered it a long time ago. Goku was fighting at his level so he got a couple of hits in (out of surprise mostly, since Jiren didn't expect Goku to reach UI).

I feel like Champa and Beerus reacted to it in way that implied Jiren didn't have it, but I dunno.

caliph95

It would explain why he's that strong and I don't want him to be strong just because. UI would be an interesting new goal, regardless of your race.

It's really really good, and the music was on point too, felt like a movie at times.
In the previews Hit Time skip seem to do nothing to him or little at least

Maybe it's that

I would laugh if the reason is "he's fast and strong" and make Dyspo being the fastest hilarious

(Yes I know Dyspo only is the fastest in an instant)

U9 moment? What was this

---

I loved seeing Caulifla and Kale doing their thing, Hit doing his thing, the Roshi episode, 17 doing his thing, Frieza tricking Frost, these last two episodes of course, and I think that's about it.

There was a guy who hadn't seen the episodes posting a little further up so I thought I'd keep it vague. But yeah, their erasure.

HardRojo

I feel like Champa and Beerus reacted to it in way that implied Jiren didn't have it, but I dunno.
Yeah, but it seems like UI is the main point of reference now, something even GoDs cannot easily attain, and Belmod seemed to be pretty confident about Jiren matching up against any kind of opponent, no exceptions (well maybe Zeno and the Grand Priest), so I'd like to think it's because he's mastered UI.
In the previews Hit Time skip seem to do nothing to him or little at least

Maybe it's that

I would laugh if the reason is "he's fast and strong" and make Dyspo being the fastest hilarious

(Yes I know Dyspo only is the fastest in an instant)
I really want it to be Jiren having mastered UI. We'll see.

Top Bottom