• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT9| Genki-Drama

HardRojo

Holy fuck these videos in YouTube are easily pulling 2 million+ views! If there was ever any doubt that Dragon Ball was back, this settles it completely.

Jiren will reveal that among his family he's the weakest and gets picked on, Mama The Grey still whoops his ass when he doesn't listen.

I think he was just implying that he cant last for long with the immense energy of the spirit bomb within him.
Had nothing to do with the spirit bomb itself. It was a statement of Goku's energy/stamina. Basically, the heat comment was Whis saying Goku was running out of energy. Goku was running off of everybody's energy from the spirit bomb cause he wasted his stamina on SSB and trying to push the spirit bomb to Jiren.

Skeeter49

I'll need to rewatch these new episodes again, but aside from those, Hit vs Dyspo was EASILY my favorite and the only ep in Super I've gone back to watch like 5 times in the same week. The tactics in that fight were very refreshing for DB and it looked very solid too. What episode was that again?

A lot to do with how you guys are both outspoken Kale and cauli fans lol.
Dyspo vs. Hit is 104.

I wouldn't say I'm a big fan of Kale.
I didn't really like her much in 92/93, though I'm sure I defended her, as I think she was alright for a Broly ripoff. 100 and 101 made me like her a lot more and I don't really see her as a Broly ripoff anymore, and I do like her dynamic with Caulifla, but I'm also a little mad she's taken all of Caulifla's development.

I really want to see them split up and interact with other people. Kind of how I feel aobut Piccolo and Gohan.

So ... the spirit bomb has literally worked once outside of movies and GT and it's still Goku's "trump card". Okay.

Twice in canon. The spirit bomb took out both Vegeta and Buu, even if he needed help to get it to hit vs Vegeta.

And he's only used it three times in Z, four now with Super. That it didn't work on Jiren or Frieza hardly stops it being a trump card; it's not like he had any other choices left in those cases, and it still did better than everything he tried before it.

edit: wait, I forgot it didn't finish vegeta off either. My bad. It was definitely a strong deciding factor in Vegeta losing though.

firelogic

Getting in on the discussion late but damn, that music during the fight in 110 was totally out of a hot blooded super robot show. Made me grin ear to ear.

Twice in canon. The spirit bomb took out both Vegeta and Buu, even if he needed help to get it to hit vs Vegeta.

And he's only used it three times in Z, four now with Super. That it didn't work on Jiren or Frieza hardly stops it being a trump card; it's not like he had any other choices left in those cases, and it still did better than everything he tried before it.

It didn't take out Vegeta, Oozaru Gohan falling on Vegeta is what took him out.

Kevinroc

It didn't really take out Vegeta. Fucked him up. But he was still capable of standing after he got hit by it.

(Of course, that Spirit Bomb was severely weakened because of special circumstances.)

The Goku/Superman Fight the fandom wanted and the accurate prediction of the the end result of that battle. ScrewAttack has been redeemed.

If this was really an accurate representation of the Goku vs. Superman fight I have a feeling Supes fans aren't gonna be happy by the end of this tournament lol.

It didn't take out Vegeta, Oozaru Gohan falling on Vegeta is what took him out.

It didn't really take out Vegeta. Fucked him up. But he was still capable of standing after he got hit by it.

(Of course, that Spirit Bomb was severely weakened because of special circumstances.)

Are you guys serious?? It still hurt him. If this were a fighting game you would have seen his HP bar decrease after that hit. I can't believe I have to actually type that.

Skeeter49

To be fair, the Genki Dama in the saiyan arc was only a small part of the Genki Dama he formed against Great Ape Vegeta.

Here's a question: How do you think the Genki Dama would have fared against Great Ape Vegeta if Vegeta didn't use his mouth blast?

Is this is really an accurate representation of the Goku vs. Superman fight I have a feeling Supes fans aren't gonna be happy by the end of this tournament lol.

I think the point the person you quoted was trying to make was that they made the superman vs goku fight end with goku absorbing a spirit bomb and then still getting his ass kicked.

Heck of a prediction 4 years in advance, haha.

Kevinroc

Are you guys serious?? It still hurt him. In this were a fighting game you would have seen his HP bar decrease after that hit. I can't believe I have to actually type that.

Of course it hurt him. But that's not what ended the fight. It was Gohan transforming and then crushing Vegeta that brought that fight to an end.

Kevinroc

ITT: If a technique doesn't kill the opponent in one hit it's useless and you might as well not use it.

I didn't say that either. The quote I was responding to said the Spirit Bomb "took out both Buu and Vegeta." It did not, by any definition, "take out" Vegeta. It fucked Vegeta up something fierce. But it did not "take out" Vegeta. Gohan brought that fight to an end because he transformed (because Vegeta left a fake moon out.) Vegeta was taken out by his own technique.

So hey guys. Remember when we were excited to see this in the tournament? Of Course frieza is amazing, but I wonder how things would be if Buu was here

skinny_majin_boo_by_greytonano-db4wv3j.jpg

Are you guys serious?? It still hurt him. In this were a fighting game you would have seen his HP bar decrease after that hit. I can't believe I have to actually type that.

so what if it hurt him, Frieza probably felt some pain too, Vegeta could still go and was gonna kill them all. The spirit bomb is supposed to be a last resort finisher, in the context of each time it was used except Buu it did not work for its intended purpose and they needed something else to actually finish the fight otherwise they were screwed. Remember that's what we're talking about here, finishing fights not hurting people.

I-hate-u

One for the history books, this is the first time Goku used a Genki Dama against his opponent while his ghi is still intact.

NeonZ

So ... the spirit bomb has literally worked once outside of movies and GT and it's still Goku's "trump card". Okay.

The writer of the first half of the special took a line straight from movie 7. Thankfully there was no actual direct reference to the movies' events, but it's clear he wrote that line with the movies in mind.

so what if it hurt him, Frieza probably felt some pain too, Vegeta could still go and was gonna kill them all. The spirit bomb is supposed to be a last resort finisher, in the context of each time it was used except Buu it did not work for its intended purpose and they needed something else to actually finish the fight otherwise they were screwed. Remember that's what we're talking about here, finishing fights not hurting people.

I mean, the original statement was whether it was a trump card or not, not whether it finished fights.

It every use of it, it's been used when all other options have been exhausted and even if incapable of finishing the fights, it has consistently been more effective than the attacks previously used by goku in each fight it was used in.

VS vegeta, it was still gokus strongest attack, and did more damage to vegeta than anything else he did. Same vs frieza, that he got lucky and Gohan transformed/he became supersaiyan were both things he couldn't have known about or invoked deliberately in either of those fights.
It worked vs buu, obviously.
If he thought he could absorb the spirit bomb and gain power deliberately vs jiren, he wouldn't have burnt out all his energy trying to force it away using SSBBKKx20.

It's still right to call it his trump card in every case he has been forced to use it.

I mean, the original statement was whether it was a trump card or not, not whether it finished fights.

It every use of it, it's been used when all other options have been exhausted and even if incapable of finishing the fights, it has consistently been more effective than the attacks previously used by goku in each fight it was used in.

VS vegeta, it was still gokus strongest attack, and did more damage to vegeta than anything else he did. Same vs frieza, that he got lucky and Gohan transformed/he became supersaiyan were both things he couldn't have known about or invoked deliberately in either of those fights.
It worked vs buu, obviously.
If he thought he could absorb the spirit bomb and gain power deliberately vs jiren, he wouldn't have burnt out all his energy trying to force it away using SSBBKKx20.

It's still right to call it his trump card in every case he has been forced to use it.
im not arguing whether he should call it his trump card

Skii

Jiren is going to win and will wish for the return of the fallen universes because Jiren winning means U7's erasure.

Easy.

Mediking

Watched the episode... hot takes incoming.

I thought the brief scene with Hit attacking Jiren was very awesome. Actually my highlight of the episode. Loved the music at that scene too.

Goku gaining another transformation is cool but it doesn't blow my brains anymore. "He awoke a new power!!!!". Yeah, I know. The design is great though.

Looks like this Jiren guy is super strong. Kinda dislike his design.

Gohan still looking like Vegeta at certain angles.

And that last scene actually made me laugh. Biggest really moment I had in a while. Lol

In Beerus' original premonition of the Super Saiyan God, the Saiyan was enshrouded in an extremely bright white light. Just before Goku comes back in this episode, Beerus said pretty ominously: "He's coming."

I've been wondering if he was just being general, like "oh he's coming back" or if he meant it was the Super Saiyan God with the power he had originally envisioned.

Top Bottom