• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 for Switch launches September 22 in the Americas and Europe

nordique

So no DLC for Switch users?

Is it even a big deal?

Is the core experience good enough? I just want to enjoy a DBZ centric game.

NandoGip

The game is not bad, if youre buying at a discount.

I'd only pay full price for the base game if you're a hardcore DB fan (which I am personally)

Eolz

So no DLC for Switch users?

Is it even a big deal?

Is the core experience good enough? I just want to enjoy a DBZ centric game.

The DLC is not that big of a deal, it's fighters and some other related stuff, and will be available for purchase.
It's still a shame that they couldn't include at least most of them considering it's already released on other platforms, and the Switch version is full price 1 year later.

Core experience seems nice enough, if you like DBZ and simple 3D fighting, you'll like it.

We'll be fixed tomorrow, but it should.

What's tomorrow? The game's out in Japan on the 7th, but that won't tell us about the western release of the XV1 story mode.

Edit: By the by, I think folks misunderstood the DLC thing, I believe it's confirmed that the DLC IS in the game, but not free, you have to buy it like everyone else, which I'm 100% a-okay with. The content IS there as long as you're willing to pony up the cash, which really is a big step up from, you know, us not getting it AT ALL like in numerous Wii U ports.

Edit 2: Have a source!

http://www.saiyanisland.com/2017/06...e-additional-cost-in-nintendo-switch-version/

So what has been announced? Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 for the Nintendo Switch will have 87 playable characters and those 87 characters will be unlocked from the start for anyone who gets the game prior to October 3, 2017. Those 87, however, do not include paid DLC characters found on the PS4, Xbox One, and PC versions of the game. These characters will actually not be included in the stand-alone game at all when it goes on sale in September in Japan. The Switch version will include Goku Black, who was initially a free pre-order bonus on the other platforms, but as for everyone else – like Zamasu, Fusiin Zamasu, Frost, Bojack, Cabba, and Vegito Blue – they won't be in the stand-alone game. They will, however, be available to purchase separately from the Nintendo eShop at an additional cost. This is not ground-breaking information, however, because the Switch version of the game is being released months after the DLC was (and will be) released on PS4, Xbox One, and PC, the expectation by fans was it would be included at no additional cost.

Note the above is in reference to the Japanese release, but I'm confident the regular DLC is in the western release. Why wouldn't it, it gives BN more money!

LordKano

The japanese version will include all languages, therefore the western version will be the same, just releasing two weeks later.

LordKano

Probably. It seems like it's the full game localized for every region no matter where you buy it, like a lot of Switch games.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
I love how pretty much every commercial for a Switch game is also a commercial for the Switch.

Yes but it is probably he other way around
It is obvious that the switch hybris form factor offers new life even to old port because of its nature

What's tomorrow? The game's out in Japan on the 7th, but that won't tell us about the western release of the XV1 story mode.

Edit: By the by, I think folks misunderstood the DLC thing, I believe it's confirmed that the DLC IS in the game, but not free, you have to buy it like everyone else, which I'm 100% a-okay with. The content IS there as long as you're willing to pony up the cash, which really is a big step up from, you know, us not getting it AT ALL like in numerous Wii U ports.

Edit 2: Have a source!

http://www.saiyanisland.com/2017/06...e-additional-cost-in-nintendo-switch-version/

Note the above is in reference to the Japanese release, but I'm confident the regular DLC is in the western release. Why wouldn't it, it gives BN more money!

Yay! I'm so greatful to give them more money for content that should be in this full price year late port!
/s

Zalman

It looks like a great port, but the DLC really should have been included.

Didn't think they would include Goku Black though, that's neat at least.

Kyzer

Banned
Can I buy the JP release and play on my NA account? Do I have to keep the JP account to keep the game? Also, would I be able to buy DLC? Asking for a friend..

LaNaranja

Xenoverse 2 was my personal GOTY last year. I poured sooooo many hours into it both last year and at the beginning of this year that I even got a character from each race up to max level. I don't have any desire to go back to this and start from scratch on a new console but I do recommend it wholeheartedly to any DBZ fans who have not played it yet.

-shadow-

Can I buy the JP release and play on my NA account? Do I have to keep the JP account to keep the game? Also, would I be able to buy DLC? Asking for a friend..
Yes, yes and on the Japanese version yes. If it's a release that's identical across all regions, you can mix and match the DLC I believe, if it's not, you must download the DLC from the Japanese store.

kingbean

Been playing the JP release for a few hours and it's not bad but its probably the roughest looking 3D game on the switch in handheld mode.

It has some pretty terrible slow down in the hub world but in the story mode the 30fps lock feels pretty solid and it only took a match or 2 to get used to the lower frame rate.

The game seems to look better in combat, could be the faster movement and different camera position idk.

Rocking a saiyan for the first time in Xenoverse. Really digging the faster feeling melee combat. Both characters I made for 1 and 2 on PC were Majin.

Been playing the JP release for a few hours and it's not bad but its probably the roughest looking 3D game on the switch in handheld mode.

It has some pretty terrible slow down in the hub world but in the story mode the 30fps lock feels pretty solid and it only took a match or 2 to get used to the lower frame rate.

The game seems to look better in combat, could be the faster movement and different camera position idk.

Rocking a saiyan for the first time in Xenoverse. Really digging the faster feeling melee combat. Both characters I made for 1 and 2 on PC were Majin.

What about the XV1 story mode DLC? Is that in English with English VA also?

Effect

Been wondering something. Isn't the story in Xenoverse 2 just the same story that was in Xenoverse 1 but more expanded? Also that Xenoverse 2 acknowledges that someone else (your Xenoverse 1 character) saved the day and now new people have to save it again?

Does the first game's story really need to be included? Doesn't seem like a big loss if it's not included if it will just be a repeat story. Don't get me wrong free content (if it's included) is always good.

J@hranimo

Banned
Love the diverse cast of players in that video haha.

Thought this was full priced. It's only $50, which is not that bad.

Bought anyways, GCU brings it to $40 for me! :D

Yeah GCU makes a lot of these physical releases so much easier to stomach despite their age. I just bought Mario X Rabbids so I'll have to wait until early October to grab it.

September for Switch 3rd party releases is literally May Part 2 lol.

the hell.. How are they gonna have an english trailer with all japanese text in the game? Fail.

Do you have physical or digital? If the latter, I'm wondering how big the game is..

Those fuckers could have included the DLC in the 16GB cart.

I was going to wait for it to get cheap but I rather pass completely.

Eh... As nice as it would have been to entice people to buy the Switch version, they are in no obligation of including all the DLC for a 1 year port game. Preordering it is supposed to give you XV1 story, Goku Black, and a code to unlock all non dlc characters from the beginning apparently(in Japan at least).

For games like Skyrim, then it should be expected of course.. Hell even games like Modern Warfare Remastered, which actually didn't include all DLC maps for PS4/Xbone. I was shocked and disgusted that they sold it separately and increased the map pack by $5 more than it was 10 years ago. lol

Jacobson

Isn't it available on the JPN eshop right now? And it has a language option for english, so if you can't wait 2 weeks you could get it now I guess

Tailzo

I preordered this as a birthday gift for my brother that is turning 35 in October. I wanted to give him FighterZ, but that one is nect year. Switch version seems like the best version to get if we're ever going to try to play this one together, with a busy grown up life and kids :)

Protome

This whole release feels like such a mess. No dlc included, no word on the versions outside of JP having the XV1 story stuff, price is really high (but whatever, it's a first year console release, those prices always suck.)

Still picking it up though, portable XV2 is something I need in my life. Getting used to playing it at 30FPS again is going to be a bit of a bummer though. 60FPS felt like such an improvement.

Cbajd5

You could also just switch region for your account just to buy and download the game, then switch back to your original region.
Yeah, doing this is really easy as long as you buy the game using an Amazon game code (since having a leftover eShop balance might prevent you from switching back) and you can still redownload the game regardless of what region your account is set to.

In terms of DLC you can only buy it if your account region is in Japan at this point, and you have the bundle DLC pack for 2,500 yen, the individual DLC packs for 700 yen (Price will be raised to 750 yen September 14th), and an AniSong pack for 1,500 yen. Once you buy the DLC you can use it regardless of what region your account is set to.

LordKano

If the japanese version has all languages there's no reason that the western version won't be exactly the same, thus including all the content.

Cbajd5

Xiphos Gaming, who has the game and recorded footage, said this about the XV1 story content:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUxIipZTZ_Y

So it's in the game straight away? Or is it DLC?

Yeah, it sounds like that it's straight-up in the game already. Very good news for those hinging their purchase on their inclusion.

Now
Having some confirmation about the western release would be nice

I think it's DLC you get by default with the digital version, when I redeemed my code from amazon there were some text blocks about how I had access to some other stuff too, although Google Translate wasn't really clear about what it was. You can see what DLC you bought on the eShop if it's for sale but I can't find a way to list all DLC owned.

Top Bottom