• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 for Switch launches September 22 in the Americas and Europe

Wait it's 1080 docked?

I could've sworn I read it was 900p.

Edit:
Damn, that video made me super hyped to play XV2 again. I'm even tempted to get it from the Japanese eShop now than wait for my Amazon copy in two weeks.

Anyone knows how Bandai Namco look at sales data? If downloading it from the Japanese eShop takes away the sale it would've gotten if I waited two weeks, I'll just wait.

Gotta pass this test. I want FighterZ on the Switch after all.

Should be 900p docked..?

https://twitter.com/japanese3ds/status/877748333472653313

True, NO DLC, but you do get Xenoverse 1 story, goku black,and all non DLC characters unlocked right away. I think its ridiculous that people are entitled to all DLC packs for free when the game is just almost a year old and still relevant.
Has this been confirmed for the Americas? I couldn't care less about whether or not the XV2 DLC is included but the XV1 story mode is the main selling point for me.

Phoenixus

Has this been confirmed for the Americas? I couldn't care less about whether or not the XV2 DLC is included but the XV1 story mode is the main selling point for me.

If people are playing the Japanese release in English and the XV1 content is translated, then I'd be amazed if it doesn't come over with the game. Not sure if it's been mentioned yet though.

random25

The Japanese version has English language options, right? There's a Japanese copy here and I'm interested in picking it up instead of waiting for the US version.

JGCD

Neo Member
If you do the XV1 story, do you pretty much make a character for that and then make a new character for XV2?

Owari

English Goku and English Vegeta is triple S tier in voice acting.
They could be quadruple S and still sound cringe as hell compared to the originals. I want to know if this game has Japanese voices too. I won't buy it if it doesn't.

Protome

I assume since in Ndukauba's review he fights a Merged Zamasu, the season pass has been up for the JP version right away at launch? Do we have prices for that? I assume it's the same as on other systems.

Shizuka

Huh?

Minus not having 60fps in anything that isn't 1v1 (which could arguably be huge depending on the person), this is Xenoverse 2 in its entirety. But now on the go. That alone would be worth the price of admission, imo. And that's before considering that it's actually a good port.

????? what makes this look like a low effort port?

I was judging by the screenshots shared, but I guess my worries were unfounded.

GhostEther

Neo Member
So I purchased the japanese version of Xenoverse 2 on the Switch. It's cool that I can choose European servers and play in English but one that thing that kinda bothers me is the lack of AA. The game plays great, I did notice some hickups on framerate on the city sometimes but the lack of AA is annoying. I'll eventually get used to it I guess. I only played in Handheld mode btw.

ryushe

Man, the wait for the English release is going to be hard. Part of me wants to own it physical, plus it's only like ~$40 but the other part of me wants it right now, which is insane since I own the PC version with the season pass.

Scrawnton

I was judging by the screenshots shared, but I guess my worries were unfounded.
Yeah unfounded. Even the PS4 version can look that ugly and muddy if you turn the ingame brightness down. For some reason Xenoverse one PS4 AND Xbox is real muddy and dull unless brightness is all the way up. Only at the max brightness setting does the colors pop like they should.

Awkwardly enough the game was muddy and dark for XV1 on consoles no matter what brightness was set at. How the devs ever released their game in that shape is beyond me.

Yeah unfounded. Even the PS4 version can look that ugly and muddy if you turn the ingame brightness down. For some reason Xenoverse one PS4 AND Xbox is real muddy and dull unless brightness is all the way up. Only at the max brightness setting does the colors pop like they should.

Awkwardly enough the game was muddy and dark for XV1 on consoles no matter what brightness was set at. How the devs ever released their game in that shape is beyond me.

PS3 and 360 clearly can't handle higher brightness, they need that blast processing. ;)

bobawesome

Performance and resolution in the hub is so bad undocked. Really regret biting the bullet and buying the game for $60 since this is the only way I’m planning to play the game. I’m having Borderlands 2 Vita flashbacks.

The one battle I played so far looked and performed much better, thankfully. But don’t be like me, people. Keep your expectations in check.

Protome

XV1 was only and muddy on current gen consoles, on PS3 and 360 it looked fine. It has a weird darkening filter over it on current gen consoles, which Bamco implemented in a couple of other current gen games at time IIRC. It was weird.

Xenoverse 2 Switch Vs PS4 Vs PC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFkWUya0kWo

PS4 has 44% more pixels(1080p vs 900p), twice the framerate in non 1 vs 1 fights, and it has anti aliasing.

Framerate for switch is locked at 30fps in non 1vs 1 modes.. Not sure if PS4 has a cap or not, but its 60 MAX for all modes for the max limit. Supposedly there's more noticable framerate dips on handheld mode, but we'll get the full lanalysis by digital foundary hopefully. From a tech perspective.. PS4 has close to 2x as much RAM available(not to mention faster), significantly more bandwidth, 1.5 to 2x CPU power and 3x GPU power? Xbone version of xenoverse 2 apparently has the same performance as PS4 version apparenlty as well.

What I"m curious is.. Is handheld mode really 720p as youtubers are claiming? 720-->900p is only a 56% increase in pixels and gpu power.. The Switch should be able to do 1080p, right? It's like we have another botw situation in our hands. Either the GPU in docked mode was used for framerate stability or there's a weak link holding switch back. What could it be.. bandwidth? At least with Mario and Rabbids, it was 600p/900p for handheld/docked, but that was a clear 2.25x pixel increase that was the same jump from 720p to 1080p.

Vidiot

Had a quick question I was hoping someone could answer. I know the story missions for xenoverse 1 are included in xenoverse 2 for switch, but does that include DLC missions? If not is there a way to get them via separate DLC?

Kyzer

Banned
Having a fucking blast with this game god damn I had a DBZ itch since DBS started

Having a hard time with this metal cooler lesson...

SeppOCE

Ok guys
The port is legit
Very satisfied so far

This. Im seriously impressed with it and in terms of content its the definitive version. Being able to play the XV1 story side by side with the XV2 story is a treat and its awesome to see how they compare.

deadfolk

This. Im seriously impressed with it and in terms of content its the definitive version. Being able to play the XV1 story side by side with the XV2 story is a treat and its awesome to see how they compare.

Was there ever confirmation as to whether the localised version will have the XV1 story? And whether it will be time limited as per earlier indications? Cos I'm doomed if so.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
So I bought xv1 on the ps4, but the hub has a weird... darkness filter over it.. Is that the case here? As it started to give me quite a severe headache so I had to stop playing :(

Zero-ELEC

Banned
So I bought xv1 on the ps4, but the hub has a weird... darkness filter over it.. Is that the case here? As it started to give me quite a severe headache so I had to stop playing :(

XV2 does have a darkness filter, but it can be removed by setting the internal brightness up.

zokie

i bought the Anison and BGM pack DLC on the Japanese Eshop , but i cannot seem to find the songs under the Conton City and Battle Music

i cannot find Steven Aoki near Orange HIgh School too

My system setting is in english language

can anyone help or advise?

Still a bit burnt that all the DLC isn't included in this. If the XV1 story is standard and not some pre-order shit, I'll definitely pick this up at some point.

What's the file size on the Switch?

RootCause

The post launch support for the game has been pretty good. Getting a bit greedy now, but I'd love to see Buutenks, and and 2nd form cell.

In handheld mode It dips in the hub world but it's a rock solid 30fps during the fight, I've seen no drop at all during battle even with 8 characters on the screen, It's honestly really impressive.
That sounds awesome. The wait is killing me. How much is the season pass?

The post launch support for the game has been pretty good. Getting a bit greedy now, but I'd love to see Buutenks, and and 2nd form cell.

That sounds awesome. The wait is killing me. How much is the season pass?

The japanese version is 2500 yen so I guess it will be 20 25$ in the west.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Hows the framerate? Any mayor drops?

Only in the city
Not during battles

Neither did I!

Lol

Yup
Are the X1 missions what they call "parallel missions", available from the HUB after seeing the statue of the previous hero?

Kyzer

Banned
Only in the city
Not during battles

Lol

Yup
Are the X1 missions what they call "parallel missions", available from the HUB after seeing the statue of the previous hero?

Its in the time nest I think

PS how the fuck do i beat this metal cooler lesson

Top Bottom