• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods Heads to Home Video (Uncut) October 7, 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
media.nl

Flower Mound, Texas (August 19, 2014) – FUNimation® Entertainment, North America’s leading anime company, is bringing Dragon Ball Z to Blu-ray & DVD in a big way. Right on the heels of its limited-run, highly successful theatrical release, Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods will be hitting online and retail shelves October 7, 2014. “We’re thrilled to be able to bring new Dragon Ball Z content back into homes after so many years” said Gen Fukunaga, President and CEO of FUNimation Entertainment.

Fans of the series have a lot in store for them with this home video release. The Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods Extended Edition on Blu-ray/DVD Combo Pack comes with two versions of the film: the Uncut Version – which includes an additional 20 minutes of never-before-seen footage – and the Theatrical Version. It also includes over 30 minutes of extra features, including an in-the-booth featurette with the fan favorite cast.

This must-own movie, from series creator Akira Toriyama, will be available on Blu-ray/DVD Combo Pack, DVD, and Digital HD on October 7, 2014. Pre-orders are available starting today. Click here to pre-order your copy now!

Check DragonBallZ.com for more information. For the latest news and announcements, don’t forget to ‘Like’ us on Facebook at facebook.com/dragonballz & facebook.com/funimation, and follow us on Twitter at twitter.com/funimation.

About Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods
Following the events from the “Dragon Ball Z” television series, after the defeat of Majin Buu, a new power awakens and threatens humanity. Beerus, an ancient and powerful God of Destruction, searches for Goku after hearing rumors of the Saiyan warrior who defeated Frieza. Realizing the threat Beerus poses to their home planet, the Z-fighters must find a way to stop him. Only Goku, humanity’s last hope, can ascend to the level of a legendary Super Saiyan God and stop Beerus from destroying Earth, and possibly the entire universe! Fans of Dragon Ball Z, one of the most successful anime brands of all time, will be delighted to know that Battle of Gods is an original work from the Dragon Ball creator himself, Akira Toriyama.

Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods Heads to Home Video With an Uncut Version of the Film — 20 Minutes of Footage Not Seen in Theaters!

SPECIAL FEATURES
Behind the Scenes: Battle of Voice Actors
The Voices of Dragon Ball Z: Unveiled
Textless Closing Song
U.S. Trailer
Trailers

Malajax

Maybe it's so standard that it doesn’t need mentioning these days, but I'm a little concerned that there's no mention of the Japanese version. English dub was great, but I really would like to see the original version legally without having to import an insanely priced Blu-ray

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
I just saw this with the free rental from xbox live and it was REALLY GOOD. The movie kept a good balance of humor and action. Buying the blu ray right now.

I just saw this with the free rental from xbox live and it was REALLY GOOD. The movie kept a good balance of humor and action. Buying the blu ray right now.

Really? This was released a day bearfore my birthday, and I still haven't seen it. What a travesty. On your recommendation, good sir, I shall watch this immediately!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom