• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT7| Please wait for Tien to be cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morlas

it actually makes some sense to team up with a universe you're familiar with though, ya know go with the devil you know rather than the one you don't

Hit can do things for Goku. Things Tien, Piccolo, and Vegeta can't.

Also Goku definitely considers Hit a friend.

Let's not be silly now.

It's like expecting Gotenks being relevant
Pretty much yes
But than I question why they couldn't be apart of it anyway when goku is goofing off,krillin gets knocked out by bragging, go hand and co standing around chilling, vegeta..we're all just waiting for his job to a strong character for goku to beat, 17&18 are the saving graces

Piccolo and Gotenks are literally the two next " cool characters we ruined and have to make it up to " on the list, after Gohan 17 and Frieza.

Inb4 they bring in Bardock before they do anything with them.
It's funny they did with cabba basically what they did to goten and trunks

Skeeter49

I've just finished the Goku black arc. Is there a lot of filler between it and the next one?

A Final Flash is used on a Baseball. This is my argument for them not being filler
68 you could consider filler, but it's good fun.

69 I wasn't a big fan of, it was somewhat enjoyable, but it's more filler than any episode in Super, even the Pacifier arc.

70 is one of the best episodes of Super, it's slice of life, but it is gold. I wouldn't call it filler because it helps foster the relationship between 2 universes.

71 is pretty good, and is really different in terms of pacing and mood than any other episode of Super.

72 is a followup to 71. I wouldn't consider either of them filler.
73 is fun if you like a certain part of the series post Cell arc.
Great Saiyaman

74 is a followup to that episode. I don't want to consider these filler, as this is the beginning of the return of an important character in Dragon Ball, who got the shaft for most of Super.

75 and 76 are not filler, they are big development episodes for a certain character.

I think I got the episodes right, did all of that based on memory.

Skeeter49

I think Goku's logic is if he plays nice with U6, t
hey'll wish them back if they win. If he reveals that later on in the arc, maybe that isn't the intention and it's never referred to, but it would make sense for why he's helping all of U6. Right now I think that's what Caulifla's and Hit's first wish would be. Kale has no clue Goku helped them.

He also wants the fight,
the universe being on the line never stopped him from being excited for the tournament during the recruitment episodes, so I don't know why people expected that to change now.

caliph95

Pretty much yes
But than I question why they couldn't be apart of it anyway when goku is goofing off,krillin gets knocked out by bragging, go hand and co standing around chilling, vegeta..we're all just waiting for his job to a strong character for goku to beat, 17&18 are the saving graces
Gohan and crew survived by sticking together
And those two little idiots would have gotten knocked out earlier than krillin by being reckless

ElFly

if Tenshinhan/Roshi were smart, they'd be shadowing Goku, waiting for all the times Goku goes "yeah I am looking forward to our fight" n_n eyes, and paralyzing-kikohoing the shit out of Goku's friends

Eylos

Banned
Statistics:

31/80 eliminated

6 Episodes of tournament.

5,1 fighters eliminated per episode.

If this keep going we should have at least 10 Episodes more.

But of course near the end, this elimination rate will Drop, and we Will see jiren x goku episodes, Goku New form etc.

I hope Frieza spoils Goku's fight with Jiren and rings him out from behind, it would be the greatest revenge anyone could do to Goku.
Then they cut to Beerus waking up from his heart attack after Goku's antics and starts praising Frieza, MVP baby.

caliph95

I hope Frieza spoils Goku's fight with Jiren and rings him out from behind, it would be the greatest revenge anyone could do to Goku.
It would be the biggest cock block/teasing , blue balling and trolling they have ever done
Do it

And let 17 and Gohan save the day

Melfice7

Not gonna lie it's kind of lame.

I'm all for Gohan succeeding, and this was the PERFECT example to show his strategy over Goku and Vegeta.

Aaaand... as usual brute force is key. Fuck that man.

To be fair, when has Gohan ever use strategy? think back, his solo fights were always with brute force

Not gonna lie it's kind of lame.
I'm all for Gohan succeeding, and this was the PERFECT example to show his strategy over Goku and Vegeta.

Aaaand... as usual brute force is key. Fuck that man.
Don't blame Gohan.
Blame the show for making power level > all, even when it doesn't make any sense. This will be the third time Super has pulled this schlock.

Blader

Gohan's strategy so far has been "everyone fight together!" (half the team leaves) then "ok now everyone fight separately." So it's not like there are a whole lot of tactics going on now.

Skeeter49

I mean, eventually the circle had to break. I would have liked it done better, like the GP saying only 30 minutes are left, and so and so fighters, and Gohan going, "it's time".

But they need a reason to get rid of Tien, and
focus on Roshi development.

caliph95

Don't blame Gohan.
Blame the show for making power level > all, even when it doesn't make any sense. This will be the third time Super has pulled this schlock.
Time stop = power up
Absolute zero = power up
Outnumbered = power up (this is reasonable I will admit
Energy absorption = power up
Tea is cold = power up
Now if the leak is true someone who can't be damaged =brute force

Anth0ny

Episode 105 is August 26th

Do I watch the battle of the multiverse?

Or the battle of Earth between McGregor and Mayweather?

Decisions...

Slaythe

Slaythe dude. 17 rocks.
giphy.gif

We've come a long way, Men-chan !

all the teams are more concerned with having a good time than getting wiped from existence, with the exception of Beerus

17 quickly became Beerus' MVP lmao. Goku makes him want to hang himself.

Kind of missed the discussion a couple pages back, but why do people think that Gohan is a smart fighter? He has never been presented as a smart fighter, he possesses none of the fighting genius that his father exhibits, and has almost always been more of a brute force type fighter than any of the other u7 saiyans.

The only time I can think of where he is smart in a battle is when he fought Lavender and used the ki radar.

Just unsure of how that idea came about. Gohan is a smart guy, but I don't think he's a smart fighter.

I was thinking....

Would DBS benefit for a more...spread out schedule? skipping one or two anime seasons instead of one episode per week the whole year? I believe the production team would have more time and possibilities to deliver something much better than what we currently have atm.

But, well, this is Toei right, so it is just me daydreaming

caliph95

I was thinking....

Would DBS benefit for a more...spread out schedule? skipping one or two anime seasons instead of one episode per week the whole year? I believe the production team would have more time and possibilities to deliver something much better than what we currently have atm.

Same time one piece is going to take a break to give time for animators

I was thinking....

Yes, it would, but that's not really up to Toei, nor would they probably want to go with a season based format.
The show will continue to improve its production though, so we'll continue to see regular improvements. This arc has been pretty consistent, it'll be interesting to see how it improves with the next arc, as well as how the climax will look.

NeonZ

Kind of missed the discussion a couple pages back, but why do people think that Gohan is a smart fighter? He has never been presented as a smart fighter, he possesses none of the fighting genius that his father exhibits, and has almost always been more of a brute force type fighter than any of the other u7 saiyans.

The only time I can think of where he is smart in a battle is when he fought Lavender and used the ki radar.

Just unsure of how that idea came about. Gohan is a smart guy, but I don't think he's a smart fighter.

The idea of Gohan being a smart fighter was actually brought up in the beginning of this arc itself. But, yeah, he never had been one and it seems now it was just a couple of nice words that people looked into too much.

I was thinking....

Not only because it's Toei, but because what sustains Super are tv ratings and merchandising sales - merchandising that's often promoted during the show itself, so the quality of the animation just needs to be good enough to keep people tuning in. Making something good enough for storage and to be sold as one of Japan's costly Blu Ray sets isn't really their goal (There are Blu-Rays, of course, but they sell small numbers).

Slaythe

I was thinking....

I mean, why would they do that ?

They permanently have a show that's in the top 10 every single weak and makes millions of dollars, that's getting more popular and just launched everywhere in the world.

Why would they even try to change anything ?

Of course it would benefit the show to be seasonal, but that's never gonna happen. And that doesn't mean Toei is "greedy" either, they try their best to promote DBS and they have dramatically improved the production value of the show compared to when it started.

The longer it goes on the better the show will get because the teams get used to it and get better schedule over time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom