• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT7| Please wait for Tien to be cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean, why would they do that ?

They permanently have a show that's in the top 10 every single weak and makes millions of dollars, that's getting more popular and just launched everywhere in the world.

Why would they even try to change anything ?

Of course it would benefit the show to be seasonal, but that's never gonna happen. And that doesn't mean Toei is "greedy" either, they try their best to promote DBS and they have dramatically improved the production value of the show compared to when it started.

The longer it goes on the better the show will get because the teams get used to it and get better schedule over time.

One thing that has definitely held back the production is having to work with when Toriyama finishes his outlines, but this arc being so long will help preproduction for the following arcs. The outline for the next arc is definitely done and I wouldn't be surprised if the outline for the arc that follows that is also done, or at least near done. It'd make a whole lot of since if they follow a one "main" arc a year forumla from here on out because it will make thinks much more workable.

I was thinking....

Would DBS benefit for a more...spread out schedule? skipping one or two anime seasons instead of one episode per week the whole year? I believe the production team would have more time and possibilities to deliver something much better than what we currently have atm.

But, well, this is Toei right, so it is just me daydreaming

There isn't a weekly shonen anime that wouldn't benefit hugely from it.

Problem is the only series I can think of that ever actually took a break was fairy tail, so it's not really a toei thing.

bachikarn

Kind of missed the discussion a couple pages back, but why do people think that Gohan is a smart fighter? He has never been presented as a smart fighter, he possesses none of the fighting genius that his father exhibits, and has almost always been more of a brute force type fighter than any of the other u7 saiyans.

The only time I can think of where he is smart in a battle is when he fought Lavender and used the ki radar.

Just unsure of how that idea came about. Gohan is a smart guy, but I don't think he's a smart fighter.

For me, it's cos he is presented as a scholar. So it seems reasonable to assume that some of his book smarts would translate to strategy or something but I guess not.

caliph95

There isn't a weekly shonen anime that wouldn't benefit hugely from it.

Problem is the only series I can think of that ever actually took a break was fairy tail, so it's not really a toei thing.
If you're talking about weekly shown

My Hero Academia is basically seasonal and avoid problems with fillers and such as a result at least for the second and I guess third season

If you're talking about weekly shown

My Hero Academia is basically seasonal and avoid problems with fillers and such as a result at least for the second and I guess third season

The success of MHA makes me wonder if it might turn into a long running anime instead of a seasonal one at some point.

Odoul

Best episode since Universe 9 got annihilated!

-U2 getting blown the fuck up and Brianne getting pissed about it was hilarious!

-Toppo coming in like captain save a hoe.

-17 was MVP! He seriously seemed like a real world watcher was transported to the show

- Wolf girl was awesome.

U2 Kai + GoD reactions were great.

Maddness

Also just noticed that this episode stealth revealed the 2 Namekians from U6, that was really quick.

o4kKKTB.jpg

Nailcolo and Lord Snail confirmed.

Acerac

Banned
There should be a thread just for discussing the current show. The fact that I can't show up in this thread without seeing constant discussion of future events is hella lame.

Acerac

Banned
then dont click spoilers.
People openly discuss stuff that hasn't been revealed in the show and have done so for months. Every other thread that allows people to know future events from the main series has a separate thread for those people who know about them.

If we want to have the double standard then it is what it is, I just feel it's shitty that I can't read this thread because of how focused it has consistently been on events that haven't even occurred.

Namikaze

So, there's no way universe 6 will actually get wiped out in the future, right? Zeno is gonna be like "oh wow I actually think these guys are good rivals for goku and co, let's let them be the exception" right? I honestly hate Goku right now, lol.

Eylos

Banned
This episode drove the fragile men in the latin american fanbase crazy. Disgusting comments all around.
I readed that, btw whis pt-Br Voice is Very good, but some people in the fanbase are complaining that's more gay than the original or calling names....

Bigots Will be bigots in all places unfortunately.

NeonZ

People openly discuss stuff that hasn't been revealed in the show and have done so for months. Every other thread that allows people to know future events from the main series has a separate thread for those people who know about them.

If we want to have the double standard then it is what it is, I just feel it's shitty that I can't read this thread because of how focused it has consistently been on events that haven't even occurred.

That's usually when the series has a source material, then you've got a separate thread about that. It's movies that get a discussion thread and a separate spoiler thread, but that works very differently since it's just a one time release. People use spoiler tags pretty consistently when talking about spoilers here anyway, outside of the next episode previews.

They'll show Piccollo the Super Namekian form, like how Vegeta showed Cabba. Thing is Piccolo's base form is already so strong, when he goes Super his base multiplies and he's stronger than Nailcolo and Lord Snail. Super Nakekian God Blue mode activate!

If there is a god there this will happen.

caliph95

I readed that, btw whis pt-Br Voice is Very good, but some people in the fanbase are complaining that's more gay than the original or calling names....

I'm guessing they mean feminism or flamboyant or whatever

Have they heard Whis

Can I hear his voice if you have a link

The go to call is that DBZ is becoming too feminist, and too many fighters are "gay".

Kagari

Crystal Bearer

Anything that's aired or part of official promotion is fair game to talk about openly including next episode previews. Things such as magazine summaries for future episodes are always spoiler tagged here. New episodes are spoiler tagged until the subtitles are available.

caliph95

The go to call is that DBZ is becoming too feminist, and too many fighters are "gay".
0jJYyEwOiUqBBGGnxsJgE987BSNfNJMSxdMKcGSJEn66zv_KfgpeM71apKvtRJ3rZh8HOr-8USLdLIYYHOP5-8d_0-OoYAMgBah8DIY=w320-h240-nc

I mean it's cool and all we are getting female fighters even with issues with writing but they must a low bar for "too feminist"

And too gay what even before super we had flamboyant characters

And there's like only one maybe confirmed gay couple in u2 that got quickly knocked out and Kale is fan speculation

0jJYyEwOiUqBBGGnxsJgE987BSNfNJMSxdMKcGSJEn66zv_KfgpeM71apKvtRJ3rZh8HOr-8USLdLIYYHOP5-8d_0-OoYAMgBah8DIY=w320-h240-nc

I mean it's cool and all we are getting female fighters even with issues with writing but they must a low bar for "too feminist"
I generally don't understand how any part of this fan base could get mad about more female fighters. This needed to happen in db ages ago and it's playing catchup. Whoever these ppl are must not watch other shonen

Fj0823

M.D

I can't wait for the arc where Goku finds out he's actually gay and the reason he likes to fight is he likes to get intimate with other males

*In Alex Jones voice*
THE FEMINISTS ARE TAKING OVER! THEY'RE PUTTING CHEMICALS IN THE WATER TO MAKE OUR FIGHTERS GAY!

If you ask me there isn't enough gay, I need Goku and Hit to kiss.

Morlas

I can't wait for the arc where Goku finds out he's actually gay and the reason he likes to fight is he likes to get intimate with other males
If goku doesn't know about kissing how can he have a sex....

Also next arc is about somebody wishing on the dragon balls for goku to understand familial love

Acerac

Banned
Anything that's aired or part of official promotion is fair game to talk about openly including next episode previews. Things such as magazine summaries for future episodes are always spoiler tagged here. New episodes are spoiler tagged until the subtitles are available.

Fair enough. Since that is different than how other shows are handled I'll take my leave once again.

Skeeter49

They need a new baseball episode with Caulifla Kale 17 etc... on the teams this time.
Would be interesting to have a full U6 vs. U7, since a few of the U7 members were part of the U6 Baseball team. Be funny if everyone forgot Yamcha is the reason U7 won last time, and they don't pick him to represent the team, and he somehow finds his way onto U6.

I'd actually be down for a 1 V 1 tournament tournament between U6 and U7 in the future, keeping the same members from the TOP.

If goku doesn't know about kissing how can he have a sex....

Also next arc is about somebody wishing on the dragon balls for goku to understand familial love
Hit or Jiren can show him how.

caliph95

What do you expect from people who think women can't be strong.
An episode of 17 wrecking u2 fighters and them being jokes besides maybe Ribranne is too feminist

(Not even calling episode sexist)

I generally don't understand how any part of this fan base could get mad about more female fighters. This needed to happen in db ages ago and it's playing catchup. Whoever these ppl are must not watch other shonen

Even one piece who people had issues it is a lot better with female getting involved in fights plot and being strong compared to dragon ball.

Fairy Tail is half ecchi and horrible and has moments of female characters.

Even Bleach is better (though mostly due to Kubo having too many characters)

R.D.Blax

And too gay what even before super we had flamboyant characters

And there's like only one maybe confirmed gay couple in u2 that got quickly knocked out and Kale is fan speculation

Just the minimum is already too much for them, you should know by now.

An episode of 17 wrecking u2 fighters and them being jokes besides maybe Ribranne is too feminist

(Not even calling episode sexist)

Even one piece who people had issues it is a lot better with female getting involved in fights plot and being strong compared to dragon ball.

Fairy Tail is half ecchi and horrible and has moments of female characters.

Even Bleach is better (though mostly due to Kubo having too many characters)
Pretty much every mainline shonen yes. However with the TOP it's nice to see they're starting to rectify that

Toki767

I was thinking Gohan telling everyone to separate was because the stage is basically destroyed and they don't want to be ambushed from high places.

I didn't really take it to mean he was an idiot.

I was thinking Gohan telling everyone to separate was because the stage is basically destroyed and they don't want to be ambushed from high places.

I didn't really take it to mean he was an idiot.

Roshi says out loud that they are starting to lose room to fight, that's why Gohan said to separate. Why are people confused?

Skeeter49

What do we have now 6 or so potential new female fighters?

Kale doesn't count because Broly is her spirit animal
Caulifla doesn't count because she's a Goten clone
Cabba doesn't count because Vegeta is her master
18 doesn't count because reasons, even though she has fucked up a few male characters in this tournament
U2 female fighters don't count because one of them lost their fight, invalidating the rest.

We've had a lot of female on male action, even though the male's have dominated a lot of the females, but I'd rather that than Super only doing female on female action, and male on male action.

Kale, Caulifla, and 18 have fucked up a lot of male characters in the TOP. If the female characters are allowed to sweep male characters, vice versa should be allowed as well.

caliph95

Here

Get Videl in there you fools
The only clip i Found

Its right at the start

https://youtu.be/-xHvlJrRS0Q

I don't hear the problem it's sounds like what you expect of whis
Maybe bit deeper could help but no problem
*In Alex Jones voice*
THE FEMINISTS ARE TAKING OVER! THEY'RE PUTTING CHEMICALS IN THE WATER TO MAKE OUR FIGHTERS GAY!

If you ask me there isn't enough gay, I need Goku and Hit to kiss.
We don't even get one from the u2 girls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom