• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT| Rerolling is over 9000

Status
Not open for further replies.

linkent

These are all meh. Only cute one was Bulma. They should have had a better Videl.

Hate the bulma one...I like the Video one. The Waifu Android 18 is much better for Valentine's imo.

MtZ9N.gif

Omega coming tomorrow right?
nothing to do on global.
all medals 144++

Aiii

So not worth it
Where does that one rank overall in terms of difficulty, on a scale of Super Vegito to Broly?

Somewhere in the middle, depending on how much damage you do. He does reduced damage unless you have a GT link and he locks characters in place which can get annoying.

Hmmmm... aside from AGL Beerus who'd be good on my current mono AGL team, wonder who I should dokkan awaken first:

• PHY Goku
  • TEQ Goku
  • INT Piccolo (LR)
I only have 20 of those awakening medals and no real leaders outside of AGL, so... (this is JP of course)

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Yay, I can almost blow my 270+ stones. I guess I'll spend my stamina today on strike paik/vegeta for when LR Frieza hits globa. Also I should start trying to build a 100 cost teq team for them.

So I'm farming up the Xeno Trunks strike event to max out my PHY Xeno Trunks before I dokkan him. But I noticed it only has a 5% chance to increase his super attack. Does that go up if I Z Awaken him? Or do I just need to farm a lot and hope for the best?

The hell? So we get Pan in the valentines banner, who's like 12? Yet no Chi Chi? Even Bulmas mum (or milf if you watch too much abridged) would have been a better fit.

Though ironically 18 is BAE and they chose a worse card than they already give away from free. For real though will people actually pull on these banners? Seems like a big waste.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
The hell? So we get Pan in the valentines banner, who's like 12? Yet no Chi Chi? Even Bulmas mum (or milf if you watch too much abridged) would have been a better fit.

Though ironically 18 is BAE and they chose a worse card than they already give away from free. For real though will people actually pull on these banners? Seems like a big waste.

You are asking if people will pull for waifus in an anime-based gacha game.

Yeah I guess you're both right, I've just never seen the waifu material in DB. It's always felt like an anime that does a good job of staying away from that for the most part IMO. Now One Piece on the other hand, I could totally imagine the waifu cards making more bank than anything else in their roster.

Anoregon

Heh, I just did the Vegeta super strike with a 96 point team consisting of 2 super vegitos. I imagine that will work on any of the non-teq strikes.

I did have to use a yemma, though.

Heh, I just did the Vegeta super strike with a 96 point team consisting of 2 super vegitos. I imagine that will work on any of the non-teq strikes.

i don't have SV, so my strategy for all strikes is grab a friend god leader with type advantage, the cheapest +ki leader I have, and whatever R/SR units of the advantageous type I have. 2/3 supers from any god lead will seal the deal.

I started playing my JP account out of boredom too and now going back to global is sad times............ this was a mistake

Anoregon

That sounds like a pretty decent strat. The double SV method can be dicey as a single super from anything other than STR will probably kill me.

I've been doing
Lead skinny
Bunny Bulma(super sealer)
Pan(+3 ki passives)
Mutaito(back up sealer)
Baba Piccolo(damage reduction)
Jaco(chance to stun randomly)
Friend: Godtenks

With the volleyball super Godtenks does a bar and a half of damage. I don't have to use any items.

edit: Is it just on the first turn? That sucks :/. O well, guess he's filler :p.

i don't have SV, so my strategy for all strikes is grab a friend god leader with type advantage, the cheapest +ki leader I have, and whatever R/SR units of the advantageous type I have. 2/3 supers from any god lead will seal the deal.

I started playing my JP account out of boredom too and now going back to global is sad times............ this was a mistake

Back in the day, it just used to be "make a decent enough team to fit around a friend Gogeta." xD

Anoregon

I NEED Vegito Blue in my life fam.

playing on JP was a mistake.

SSB Vegito would be super dope but I'm not like, way more interested in him than I am in just finishing a single high-tier mono team. Of course, I already have a pretty high tier super team so getting him would put me in a real good spot. Especially if I get rekt tomorrow and end up with no Omega.

Rose Black isn't even on my radar atm, though. My Extreme offerings are dreadful.

I finally managed to beat ssj3 goku convincingly 3 times in a row; I swapped out SR cell on my mono teq team for ssj goten, because his passive makes a huge difference, I basically had super for everyone, every charge.

Anyway, now I'm not so sure if I want to dokkan legendary ssj goku, the dokkan drops back down to SSR and doesn't seem really better until you awaken him to UR, but I'm not sure if that's worth the rare kai medal...

The mistake is going back to global.

I won't lie the appeal of JP is there with the dupe system but half the time I can't read what is going on which is super annoying. In other news I've hit rank 300 on Global and almost 100 on JP! :D

Thank you x4 exp! Had a shitty pull to go with it though, got #13 INT as the only SSR and a ton of Rs. :(

Tamanon

Banned
I finally managed to beat ssj3 goku convincingly 3 times in a row; I swapped out SR cell on my mono teq team for ssj goten, because his passive makes a huge difference, I basically had super for everyone, every charge.

Anyway, now I'm not so sure if I want to dokkan legendary ssj goku, the dokkan drops back down to SSR and doesn't seem really better until you awaken him to UR, but I'm not sure if that's worth the rare kai medal...

Well, it's a better character then. And it keeps it's "Super" typing after Dokkaning.

Plus.... there are a bajillion much better SSJ Goku to get. Not as many SSJ Angel Gokus.

Meneses

Of the multitude of annoying things about this game, one of my least favorites is that there's a daily login reset time around this time, and a different one for events like 7 hours from now.

Just do everything now, ffs.

I will say this, playing with a bunch of the units that are the hotness on JP now has given me *some* perspective on upcoming pulls that just reading about it didn't. I probably won't spend much on Omega, for example. I know he's still relevant on a villain team but that presupposes getting Rose first, so maybe I just wait until the Rose/SV Blue banners to splurge a bit. I've managed this long without a god lead (lolbroly), what's 2 more months?

Anoregon

I've kind of soured on the whole "Don't pull on Y because X is coming" mentality that Global has due to being behind Japan. It's too easy to get trapped in it as it's literally never-ending; by the time X comes around Japan will have Z and you will want to wait for that. It definitely makes sense to skip shitty banners if you know something you really want is coming soon, but skipping everything for half a year kind of defeats the purpose of the game to me. SSJ4 are a pretty good example - I have a good STR team and no STR leader, so I'm gonna go all in for Omega. I know SSJ4 Goku is better, but I also know he's like 5 months away. I'd much, much rather try my luck at having a strong STR team now than in 5 months.

Of the multitude of annoying things about this game, one of my least favorites is that there's a daily login reset time around this time, and a different one for events like 7 hours from now.

Just do everything now, ffs.

So I'm not the only one that hates that? It's really annoying.

I did it. But that's because I have like 20 Elder Kai medals lol. SSJ3 Goku is a pushover with SV :p.

I've kind of soured on the whole "Don't pull on Y because X is coming" mentality that Global has due to being behind Japan. It's too easy to get trapped in it as it's literally never-ending; by the time X comes around Japan will have Z and you will want to wait for that. It definitely makes sense to skip shitty banners if you know something you really want is coming soon, but skipping everything for half a year kind of defeats the purpose of the game to me. SSJ4 are a pretty good example - I have a good STR team and no STR leader, so I'm gonna go all in for Omega. I know SSJ4 Goku is better, but I also know he's like 5 months away. I'd much, much rather try my luck at having a strong STR team now than in 5 months.

I totally agree, don't get me wrong. By the time we get 4geta and G4ku, japan will have SS4 Gogeta, who gives everyone infinite ki and 700% HP/Attack/DEF or something stupid like that, and everyone will again say "wait for Gogeta!" and so on until they completely run out of characters (which is not too far off btw, which is slightly worrying, no?).

It's just something everyone has to decide for themselves, what's worth it and what isn't, as it always has been. For me, the Rose/SVB banners are close enough that going all-in on Omega isn't worth it, considering he's on the Rose banner too, and I don't like to spend money on this game (although I do, and I kind of hate it, but I digress). BUT I also have a fairly strong box, lack of gods aside, that lets me do most content with the help of a friend lead (of which I have plenty now).

That said, gacha fever can strike any time, and for all I know this time tomorrow I've thrown 200 stones at Omega with nothing to show for it. Who can say.

Anoregon

I totally agree, don't get me wrong. By the time we get 4geta and G4ku, japan will have SS4 Gogeta, who gives everyone infinite ki and 700% HP/Attack/DEF or something stupid like that, and everyone will again say "wait for Gogeta!" and so on until they completely run out of characters (which is not too far off btw, which is slightly worrying, no?).

It's just something everyone has to decide for themselves, what's worth it and what isn't, as it always has been. For me, the Rose/SVB banners are close enough that going all-in on Omega isn't worth it, considering he's on the Rose banner too, and I don't like to spend money on this game (although I do, and I kind of hate it, but I digress). BUT I also have a fairly strong box, lack of gods aside, that lets me do most content with the help of a friend lead (of which I have plenty now).

That said, gacha fever can strike any time, and for all I know this time tomorrow I've thrown 200 stones at Omega with nothing to show for it. Who can say.

Regarding the bolded, They can always go the Goku route and just have like fucking 80 versions of every character. Teq Gogeta, Int SS3 Goku, etc. It's kind of their only option I guess. They've already hit strongest dude around in Super and GT pretty much only has SSj4 Gogeta left.

Maxim726X

So, I have just been exposed to the shady underground of mobile gaming.

Has anyone heard of EpicNPC? There is a dude selling dragon stones for a hefty discount... I have no idea how that would even be possible but apparently it is.

Not brave enough to mess with that and lose my account, but it's pretty crazy. Had no idea that my account could actually be worth that kind of money.

Anoregon

JP is the promised land. Free SSRs and dragon stones for days.

I heard tell the god leads grow on trees! You can just walk right up to em and pick em at your leisure!

Well, it's a better character then. And it keeps it's "Super" typing after Dokkaning.

Plus.... there are a bajillion much better SSJ Goku to get. Not as many SSJ Angel Gokus.

That's true, guess I'll do it then

I did it. But that's because I have like 20 Elder Kai medals lol. SSJ3 Goku is a pushover with SV :p.

Yeah I don't have super vegito ;P, I had to scrape by with some mediocre mono teq team, still glad I managed to get him 3 times in a row before it ended.

I'll do a single once in a while but I fluked out and got Gotenks and SV so I can chill until one of the big banners with multiple gods on it.

That's true, guess I'll do it then

Yeah I don't have super vegito ;P, I had to scrape by with some mediocre mono teq team, still glad I managed to get him 3 times in a row before it ended.
Use a SV friend. Or better yet, Godtenks.

11/14 Pikkon medals I doubt if be able to get the last three today. And no point in using a DS because he's not needed yet.

Did a single on JP SSJ4 Goku banner and got Gogeta, I'll take it lol.

Mono STR

SSJ4 Goku
SSJ Gogeta
SSJ Trunks GT
SSG Goku
SSJ3 Vegeta GT
SSJ Gohan tracksuit

Hope I get SSJ2 Gohan Teen to complete the STR team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom