• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT2| Passing Stones

Meneses

Feelin a little burnt out on this game. Sometimes I get frustrated in how much it takes away from me playing real games. Somrtimes I just wanna drop it, but then I remember the stupid amount of money I spent on the Rose banner and now it's like impossible for me to drop it.

God dammit. I've been playing more casual latley though. Think I'm gonna keep doin that for a while.

I've been feeling that way for a while, and had the same "I spent too much so I can't stop" mentality, but when I actually saw how much I spent it definitely sobered me up and made me say "you know what, i'm good, gonna slow it down right now". And this game is definitely like a second job but way less fun and with almost zero control on your part.

I've been playing less and less, have gone a few days with just loggin in for the daily bonus or the Orb mission. I've been trying to see if I can stop logging in for a full day but my recovery program hasn't gone that far yet :p It will probably be easier when they fix the reset glitch and I lose 50 stamina due to bullshit RNG.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
hah, my local ranking actually got worse after the recalc. how is that even possible?

ffvorax

yay got again both rewards, global and local tournament! :D

But for now I will store stones until a new interesting event/summon banner appears, only logging in for stones these days... I never liked arale after all, and I don't care if the cards are good, I want to enjoy my deck with cards I like... :p

idonteven

i got broly after 2900 stones...after my cat dying a said fuck it and kept on going

it's in her honor

( no im not in money troubles because of it )

Got Majuub off the broly banner. I swearthis game looks at which SSRs I have DAed and gives me their card dupe... except when it's a really good card like VB, SV, Gogeta, etc.

Finally have LR Piccolo with three paths(should be four but I'm an idiot and raised his SA with one before dupe system came).

DAed INT SSJ Bardock. Is Teq King Piccolo worth the DA?

4 full stamina bars, no Arale drop, 1 Goku drop.
Gonna just go ahead and get all the awakening medals because it seems like this SA raising isn't happening.

Durden77

I've been feeling that way for a while, and had the same "I spent too much so I can't stop" mentality, but when I actually saw how much I spent it definitely sobered me up and made me say "you know what, i'm good, gonna slow it down right now". And this game is definitely like a second job but way less fun and with almost zero control on your part.

I've been playing less and less, have gone a few days with just loggin in for the daily bonus or the Orb mission. I've been trying to see if I can stop logging in for a full day but my recovery program hasn't gone that far yet :p It will probably be easier when they fix the reset glitch and I lose 50 stamina due to bullshit RNG.

That's kinda where I'm at right now. And yeah, it really is. Playing this game to it's fullest means you're playing it constantly. It really can feel like a second job. Hell it even caused a little fight the last day of the world tournament between me and my gf because I was spending too much time securing my under 10k rank and not spending enough time with her family. That was what was kind of the breaking point for me.

Well this makes me feel a little better. A thing about this game that I do love is that since it's so easy to play, I can play it all day at work and it does help my days go by faster. I think my goal is going to be to only play it at work. When it get home, it's time for realy games and not being controlled by it's stamina schedule.

Also I will NEVER go for top 10k again.

Outside of WT and the occasional crazy time like the anniversaries I feel like Dokkan barely wants you to play it tbh. You spend maybe 20 minutes draining your stamina and then again at the end of the day and that's that.

Personally I've decided to stop spending except on crazy deals like the red/blue stones because... I got what I wanted. At some point the satisfaction of pulling good cards becomes less and less when you already have good enough cards to clear everything. I was super stoked when I pulled Broly but that feeling really didn't last too long because he completely breaks the game on global atm. He's probably OP enough to cruise through everything except boss rush, where his passive starts to actually hurt him enough for it to matter. It just turns the game into even more autopilot. Kind of a monkey's paw wish, getting him.

Also I've been really lucky ever since the ticket banner, I got everything I wanted except for Rose and Gotenks. My box is pretty stacked for someone who's spent maybe 300 bucks at most. Which is still a lot of money! But then I read about spending 2900 stones to get Broly and I'm just like.... wow. No. At that point I wouldn't even feel any satisfaction from the pull.

Also, the Punished Trunks story is up this week as well with the Father Son Galick Gun summon cards. As a heads up, if you got this TEQ Future Trunks awhile back, this story event is a good opportunity to farm his SA to 10 as you get a Future Trunks drop.

Dammit, another card to farm SA10 for. I'm not even done turles yet and haven't even stated on the Arales.

But for now I will store stones until a new interesting event/summon banner appears, only logging in for stones these days... I never liked arale after all, and I don't care if the cards are good, I want to enjoy my deck with cards I like... :p

I'm at the same point. Having strong cards is pretty cool, but I'm really just in to collect my favorite characters.

I've spent 99 cents (on a big sale) and I'm perfectly fine with the box I have now. I can beat any event, albeit with some challenge on some. I can't imagine what I'd do if I spent more than that.

Cruxist

Maxed out Goku Jr. this morning on Japan.

Neat little event. I'd like to see more events in that same vein. Great introduction to the orb system. He's not too overpowered, and is actually a useful character for the LR Goku event (which I guess I should actually attempt now). Plus, you get that free Elder Kai once he's finished. My SSB Kaio-ken is now SA5. Slowly but surely moving up the ranks!

Outside of WT and the occasional crazy time like the anniversaries I feel like Dokkan barely wants you to play it tbh. You spend maybe 20 minutes draining your stamina and then again at the end of the day and that's that.

Personally I've decided to stop spending except on crazy deals like the red/blue stones because... I got what I wanted. At some point the satisfaction of pulling good cards becomes less and less when you already have good enough cards to clear everything. I was super stoked when I pulled Broly but that feeling really didn't last too long because he completely breaks the game on global atm. He's probably OP enough to cruise through everything except boss rush, where his passive starts to actually hurt him enough for it to matter. It just turns the game into even more autopilot. Kind of a monkey's paw wish, getting him.

Also I've been really lucky ever since the ticket banner, I got everything I wanted except for Rose and Gotenks. My box is pretty stacked for someone who's spent maybe 300 bucks at most. Which is still a lot of money! But then I read about spending 2900 stones to get Broly and I'm just like.... wow. No. At that point I wouldn't even feel any satisfaction from the pull.
I'm feeling the same way. I spent about 2.5x what you did though. About $90 came from not pulling broly and at least $150 came from rose/Blue banner. I did get Gogeta, Godtenks, Buuhan, OS, dupe SV, and some others though. Broly gave me nuthin but high concentrations of sodium chloride tears. I'm done spending in this game. Them fixing the force quit made me reconsider spending any more money, then me pulling trash after buying stones made me begin really considering it. Then me being like I don't wanna spend $300+ on a switch while spending more than double that on a mobile game pushed me over the edge lol.

This is how I feel with the game. To be honest my account is so damn stacked there's very little game left to play. All I want is the PHY Neo God and Super Rainbow Neo God from future pulls. Even if I get them they'll be so OP there'll be even less of a game.

I don't even play my global account anymore. I log on to JPN, get my stones, farm my orbs and if there's no event cycled with new stones I log out again. Started Brave Exvius instead so I have something on my phone to play.

I've not even spent a penny but it's still managing to grow real boring.

Yeah I only really care about buuhan, but I don't really expect to get him anymore.
Spent 50 stones on arale and got the phy one, so with the rest of my box I don't really feel like I really need to be pulling on any banner anymore.

Last 2 cards I really wanted were bulpan and phy broly, and I got both of them. Lr broly is cool and all, but I don't really need him, my omega with 2 dupes is pretty monstrous by himself. And now that I have arale, I can make a whole bunch of fun teams, instead of just the mono teams.

My int team is prolly the weakest, offense wise, but friend buuhans' got me covered.

I ran a whole stamina bar through that Tien Strike and managed to get one copy of his card. Drop rates be damned again. I missed out on getting the medals for Family Kamehameha Gohan, too. Got 12 Goku and 14 Goten though. :/

I ran a whole stamina bar through that Tien Strike and managed to get one copy of his card. Drop rates be damned again. I missed out on getting the medals for Family Kamehameha Gohan, too. Got 12 Goku and 14 Goten though. :/

I got super stoked for Tien until I found out he was AGL. Not good enough for my main AGL team and doesn't have a place in a LR Goku team. Love Tien, so it made me sad :(

I got super stoked for Tien until I found out he was AGL. Not good enough for my main AGL team and doesn't have a place in a LR Goku team. Love Tien, so it made me sad :(

Just gotta wait for him to show his stuff in Dragonball Super and maybe he'll get his SSR feature card.

I'm not holding my breath though considering how much of a bitch he was during the last episode.

He literally just got a really good TEQ card (too good, in fact) in Japan that was posted on the last page my dudes. Will hit global in a few months probably.

Meneses

It seems he will be useful for the LR Frieza event, so there's that. I'm not sure how the event works, but by the random comments I read I assume it's kinda like Goku where you have to use certain kinds of cards. Considering Frieza will be STR, AGL Tien will help.

It seems he will be useful for the LR Frieza event, so there's that. I'm not sure how the event works, but by the random comments I read I assume it's kinda like Goku where you have to use certain kinds of cards. Considering Frieza will be STR, AGL Tien will help.

For the LR Frieza grind you can use any type of event drop card. As long as it drops in any type of event it's fair game. LR Goku will get an update at some point to allow the same thing, which I'm still waiting for before I even start that whole madness.

Meneses

For the LR Frieza grind you can use any type of event drop card. As long as it drops in any type of event it's fair game. LR Goku will get an update at some point to allow the same thing, which I'm still waiting for before I even start that whole madness.

Ah, that's good to know.

Yeah, I knew about that Goku update, which is why I stopped doing it weeks ago when I got to 300 medals.

Meneses

Btw, I have been training a bunch of characters I awakened and noticed you can use the fodder Tien from the Friend Summon to raise the Strike Tien SA with a 1% chance if using the N card or 5% if you awaken it to R.

It's super low, but it's not nothing.

Btw, I have been training a bunch of characters I awakened and noticed you can use the fodder Tien from the Friend Summon to raise the Strike Tien SA with a 1% chance if using the N card or 5% if you awaken it to R.

It's super low, but it's not nothing.

Try it. I've gotten SA increases from 1% before lol.

Can somebody explain what this thing on JPN is about? I've had to skip it last time and I'd like to give it a shot since there's nothing else to do on my account. Its asking me to select 100 characters. Why? What's it going to do with them? I feel like it's going to basically wipe my account lol

Edit: The fuck was that? I just watched the screen waiting for something to happen and game over? Great addition NB

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Can somebody explain what this thing on JPN is about? I've had to skip it last time and I'd like to give it a shot since there's nothing else to do on my account. Its asking me to select 100 characters. Why? What's it going to do with them? I feel like it's going to basically wipe my account lol

Edit: The fuck was that? I just watched the screen waiting for something to happen and game over? Great addition NB
If you are playing JP you should learn about it rather than bitching about it...

If you are playing JP you should learn about it rather than bitching about it...

I read the whole post on Reddit when it came out and I still couldn't understand what's supposed to be happening. I asked in this thread too but only got pointed to the Reddit post I couldn't make heads or tails of so I figured I wasn't the only one confused by it. I feel like I understand it even less after trying it. Literally nothing happened. There wasn't even a battle just game over before it even started.

75% of that post was me asking how it works y'know.

Don't be like that man. That's condescending and rude. You could at least point him in the right direction.

I read a big post that supposedly explains how Battlefield works, twice, and I still didn't get it at all because it was poorly written, fwiw. But I don't play JP so I can't help you either.

Can't decide if I wanna LR my Piccolo or like, 3 other units. Analysis paralysis! I've got TEQ king piccolo, TEQ SSJ Goku and Beerus.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I read the whole post on Reddit when it came out and I still couldn't understand what's supposed to be happening. I asked in this thread too but only got pointed to the Reddit post I couldn't make heads or tails of so I figured I wasn't the only one confused by it. I feel like I understand it even less after trying it. Literally nothing happened. There wasn't even a battle just game over before it even started.

75% of that post was me asking how it works y'know.

Can you like, stop doing that? The whole condescending jerk thing? That'd be great.

I read a big post that supposedly explains how Battlefield works, twice, and I still didn't get it at all because it was poorly written, fwiw. But I don't play JP so I can't help you either.

Can't decide if I wanna LR my Piccolo or like, 3 other units. Analysis paralysis! I've got TEQ king piccolo, TEQ SSJ Goku and Beerus.
I am not sorry.
If you are going to play a game you do not understand on your own, you have to take it upon yourself to find sources of information that will allow you to play without mouthing off at the game company. If Reddit isn't doing it for you, there's a ton of YouTubers and there is always Google, no excuses.

Don't be like that man. That's condescending and rude. You could at least point him in the right direction.

You're right it's the wording. I just had another look and it's some strange word salad. I think I kind of get the idea a bit but it is odd. Kinda a game of it's own rather than sticking to the game mechanics we know. I can probably fumble my way into figuring it out anyway, just sucks a bit to try figure it out when you only get one run a day. Just a brief tutorial showing you to drag and drop the characters would have saved a wasted run.

Suppose it's the price of not knowing the language and playing JPN though.

I am not sorry.
If you are going to play a game you do not understand on your own, you have to take it upon yourself to find sources of information that will allow you to play without mouthing off at the game company. If Reddit isn't doing it for you, there's a ton of YouTubers and there is always Google, no excuses.

It's cool. There's really not a good source of info for this game mode that I've found yet though, but I can keep looking.

I am not sorry.

dude it's a videogame and this is a thread where we just come and hang out and talk and sometimes vent. Do you work at bandai or something? If you don't want to help someone the least you can do is just not post.

SnakeEyes

Banned
If only i had godtenks ;_;

Only god lead im missing. Too bad my blue stone is going to SV for a 3rd or maybe 4th dupe if im lucky.
He was the last of the traditional God leads I needed and now that I have him, I dunno what I'll spend my God stone/s on when that summon event comes around.

Goddamn, facing Tien with just 2 Godtenks is just so easy.

Hell 1 Godtenks makes it a joke lol, I crit him for 1mill damage, or just do the Volley and have him live with like 10% of his second bar.

I am not sorry.

O come on, like you've never had to ask someone for clarification on something you didn't understand? If the company doesn't explain something properly then yeah they deserved to be mouthed off at. If you understand what to do or how it works why not be the source of information to help them out? They're clearly trying to find out by posting here. They tried reading it, didn't understand it, went to reddit it, found it to be non-helpful as well. So they posted here.

edit: Omg Baba shop has been so nice to me the past 3 days with Gregory medals. Went from having like 6, to over 300.

double checking, so if I farm epic showdown ssj goku and z-awaken him to UR, he'll have 100% SA up for any other SSR (and below) ssj goku?

Yup. There was a crossover event a while ago that dropped UR Gokus that people used to get LR Goku to SA10 for free easily. Sadly it'll probably never come back. That's probably the next best alternative. Not a lot of good SSJ Goku cards tho besides LR, most of them are support cards.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Was the WT rewards resend to everyone? I got them again, gave me STR Mystic Gohan and PSY Arale
Yes, because people inundated Bamco with reports of some cheaters not getting caught in the ban wave, and like what happened with JP they reissued the last WT rewards after recalculating the rankings. AFAIK only 8 additional people got banned.

Syntsui

People admiting modding for WT but not using the auto-win mod got away, this game is a joke. I'm new here and I was aware how they never gave a fuck about cheaters but I thought these last few events would be different, I'm silly.

SnakeEyes

Banned
So this cards dokkan seems pretty good: http://dbz-dokkanbattle.wikia.com/wiki/Deadly_Awakening_Super_Saiyan_Goku

I still have the 10 other copies of him from the WT a while back, should I up his SA to 10? I already have the LR Goku at SA 10, and I'm def not grinding out a second copy of him getting him to LR and merging it to make it SA 20.
I got my LR Goku to SA10 and then used Kais for the last 10. I kept this guy and got him to SA10 and now have the medals to awaken him. He's a good character to have on a TEQ team since his passive is +25% to ATK and DEF to all allies, if you don't have better characters.

The only other WT card that gets awakened that I like is the INT Bardock, because sealing Supers is awesome.

Syntsui

That feeling when you dokkan awaken your Arale but you get over your team cost..... holy shit this is disappointing. My team now costs 282 and I only have 276, time to use some shitty replacements for her to shine :*(

Fox1304

I caved in and did two multipull on the Broly Banner. Without too much surprise, no Broly, but I think I got some interesting cards. Are some of those worthy of being leveled up/SA Farmed ?

- Great Brillance STR Goku
- Successor of the Strongest INT SSJ Young Gohan
- Strongest Majin STR Gotenks Buu

Top Bottom